Windows fag here,should i download linux and which one should i get ?

windows fag here,should i download linux and which one should i get ?

Attached: 1418512125760-2.jpg (1920x1080, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linuxmint.com/download.php
kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/
xubuntu.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if you are a newbie go with ubuntu. It's linux for dummies and it will help you with all the linux basics.

Install gentoo

Attached: installgentoo.webm (400x566, 442K)

start by calling it by the proper name gnu/linux
and i recommend you to choose between
Ubuntu, Fedora or Suse

i am making the change since windows 10 is a bontet which gnu/linux is the most secure?

go with debian it's clean, doesn't have bloat and is easy to use

Mint or Kubuntu
linuxmint.com/download.php
kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/

>which gnu/linux is the most secure?
i think tails is the best repo for that..
But it's pointless if you have no idea what you're doing ..
You'll need to learn about computer networks and data encryption, at the end you will come to the conclusion that you cant 100% hide yourself without aditional hardware

Debian

thanks

no problem but befor you start..
dont watch pajeet tutorial on youtube do a real course.. the best start point in my opinion is LPIC-1 cbt nuggets.
you can download a free torrent contain 70 lesson you will get all the basics from it.

b..but what about me?

i will do so user

i guess security is not the thing you will care about once you switch to linux
linux is just fine in comparison to windows in terms of security

Q4OS or EXE GNU/Linux

which distro will you install?

don't overcomplicate things, why does he need a tutorial to learn to use linux? it is not 1999 anymore.

Debian or Ubuntu

and if you want to go deeper once your finished search for "linux under the hood"..
after those you will have the knowlege of COMPTIA cert.
good luck fag
hope i helped

do you already know something about Linux or is it your very first experience? in the latter case I'd go with Ubuntu
also, a big factor on how you like the OS is the desktop environment, you can install different desktops in the terminal ("sudo apt install kde-plasma", for example), then you can switch desktops in the login screen
if you like a desktop environment particularly you can install the proper Ubuntu flavor new (for KDE that would be Kubuntu for example)

>don't overcomplicate things,
it is called learning to use the machine..
and not play with the machine

Manjaro KDE

get comfortable with that then install gentoo for the lulz if you have free time. Also based album, RIP Chuck.

Fuck trannies, faggots and niggers too.

Depends on why you want to install it. If you care about modern games or industry software then just stay with Windows (inb4 fossnerd rage). A good noob distro is always Ubuntu(or Linux Mint). It installs a lot of fonts, libraries etc to cover a wide range of machines so you won't have to search around for packages you're missing or might want. (The disadvantage of that is you have loads of packages you don't need). I wouldn't recommend Debian to begin with as it's very bare bones and only non-free repos are enabled by default (this normally means you won't have Wi-Fi without first figuring out how to enable repos etc, not exactly noob friendly).

Only free repos are enabled*

xubuntu.org/
this one, or maybe one of the kdes

kys gentoo fag install LFS like a real white man

>normally means you won't have Wi-Fi >without first figuring out how to enable
this setup is only needed for kali as i remember..
and if so google how to 5 sec and its done..
its on network-manager change False to True if im not mistaken.. you can do it on GUI also, let the kid learn he will love it

None. Stop caring about security right now or install OpenBSD.

and why slackware is safer than linux?

>Windows
WHAT
PAIN
WILL IT TAKE
TO SATISFY
YOUR
SICK
APPETITE
FOR RAM

OPEN MY EYES
WIDE TO SEE