Memes aside, what's so bad about Microsoft?

memes aside, what's so bad about Microsoft?
Windows 10 has WSL, a good UI, support for every dektop program you could need and it just werks. The office redesign is good and developing UML apps is fine as well. Where does the hate come from?

Attached: Microsoft-Logo-1-1.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Microsoft still develops almost all nonfree closed-source software, which means the program's source code is strictly under their control. Their software contains spyware, ads, botnets and backdoors, they are the enemy of your freedom.

Do you have proof of this?

I have no idea how you could possibly think that windows 10 has a good UI, or that it just werks.

also this

>I have no idea how you could possibly think that windows 10 has a good UI, or that it just werks.
Excellent counter point. my mind is changed.

>WSL
broken. I tried using it for actual development and it was garbage.
>good UI
lol what? You do realise that Windows 10 has several different legacy UI styles, as well as icons from Win95?
>support for every dektop program
After installing gigabytes of .NET frameworks.
>just werks
nah, in my experience Windows breaks every 6 months, less if updating often
Windows is proprietary, slow, insecure, broken, and looks horrific. I will never use it.

I have no idea how you think anything software-wise just werks.

>lol what? You do realise that Windows 10 has several different legacy UI styles, as well as icons from Win95?
the fucking explorer shell still has Windows 7-style things, while not being acrylic.

They had one job, which was to make everything consistent with the acrylic look.

it's not just explorer, there's still shit tonnes of stuff in Windows 10 that doesn't follow the 'new' UI style. I estimate 80% of it is still using the Windows 7 UI. Even that 20% is utterly fucking useless because it's just a fucking oversimplified frontend for the Win7 UI. If this doesn't scream incompetence, I don't know what does.

>WSL
Did you use WSL 1 or WSL 2?
WSL 2 is pretty usable, it runs a full Linux kernel binary on top of HyperV, unlike the old WSL 1 that only does Linux-NT syscall translation for a selected number of syscalls.

Attached: 1557175278327-1.png (1024x576, 338K)

yep, and again that's only part of it. Fuck Microsoft. They're utterly fucking incompetent and they continue to outsource to pajeets. I'll continue to use the kernel that really does "just werk".

its shocking isn't it

Attached: windows10.jpg (386x207, 13K)

behold the power of Winblows 10

I feel like a consumer in Windows. No full control over the whole operating system.

That's why Linux. I can literally change everything by changing the source and compiling and installing it.

update that image to 1903 instead of a 4 year old build of windows 10.

sorry to disappoint you, nothing has changed since then.

no. most freetards think that if code is not open it's automatically malicious. i'm still waiting for them to deliver a single case in which microsoft fucked a windows user over by breaking encryption or backdoor someone into a machine.

It's malicious because it restricts your freedom. There may be other malicious components to any given piece of proprietary software though.

The spyware in Windows is called telemetry.
To see the ads, click on your start menu.

shit is so frustrating

Attached: 1560092158.jpg (2048x1674, 247K)

what's more infuriating is that kde 5 decided to copy this

But it did changed.

It's bloated, it's full of malware and... yeah that's about it for me personally. I still use it for VS and to play some online gayms with friends but thats about it.

Yes, but I'm not allowed to show you the proof or fix it because Microsoft forbids sharing or modification of the source code.

Microsoft fucks all their users over and have been since day one. They are a scam company, convicted criminals guilty of antitrust violations. Bill Gates should be in jail.

Last update broke all of my shortcuts and fucked up something that is now preventing me from being able to install updates. Also, USB drivers keep fucking up. This is Windows LTSC,no less.Linux isn't even this shitty anymore.