What happened to the nerd culture in it and programming. My coworkers don't even play video games ffs

What happened to the nerd culture in it and programming. My coworkers don't even play video games ffs.

Attached: YKbUjzS.jpg (1920x1080, 686K)

What the fuck is nerd culture to you?
Collecting funko pops and crying at star wars reveal trailers?

Normies flock to money, did you expect IT to be some sekrit treehouse for dysfunctional dweebs forever?

This is exactly the type of man child work environ is walk into and shoot up one day. Fuck your idea of “nerd culture”

>tiny monitors at the very edge of like three feet deep desks
>nothing apart from power connected to the tower on the right

look again and you will see worse abominations than these

Like half of my co-workers play games and some of them watch anime.
Maybe you just work with boomers?

All the misfits go into the trades these days.
Learn carpentry or welding or whatever.

To busy wage cucking. When I get home my eyes burn from using the computer for productivity

>nerd culture
Solving Differential Equations.

Your pic is about "geek pop culture"

>>ITT fags who've never seen the IT Crowd

Have you tried turning it off and on again xD upvoted

>admitting to watching bargain bucket junk tv
BAZINGA xD

What did autistic introvert men even do before tech?

They lead normal lives and got married and had children

lived in a healthy society without toxin load that would induce autism and that didn't support that kind of lifestyle

>bargain bucket junk tv

Attached: 45753453453456.png (520x444, 539K)

I'm proud that I've never seen it

The last such place requires too much IQ for most of you dwellers, sadly. Math. (;

Attached: DAD11C91-AD43-4325-A70A-44FDE1494992.jpg (1000x812, 113K)

nerd : video game :: geek : comic
Correct?

Incorrect sir

Remember that MASSIVE push the past two decades to get normies interested in programming so people who actually like programming get some competition resulting in lower wages for everyone, benefiting only companies i.e. the people who pushed the idea? That happened.

Not really.
Nerd = little to no social skills, tends to focus on hobbies instead of socializing.
Geek = some social skills, in-between a nerd and a normie.

Go fuck yourself you fucking manchild. You are everything that is wrong people's perception of programmer's culture.

I have a fiancee and need to support my future family. I don't even have time for fucking games. And I couldn't give a shit about fucking Star Wars, Marvel or some other shitty franchise that was once aimed at children and now is pushed onto adults because in times of Netflix and overpriced movie theatres, nobody wants to pay at the box office for realistic movies without special effects.

I don't want to talk about this shit at lunch, so keep your kids toys to yourself.

False.
Nerd: girl with glasses on who has a weird smile
Geek: girl posting about star wars

>lives his entire life just to support his children who will in turn live their entire life just to support theirs
This is the ultimate cuck. Just think about it logically.

Cuck

good post

Your kids will support you in old age.

I'm a bit of a geek but jeez is that an overload of stickers.

What??

why can't my money support me in old age?

and also, I don't think I want to be alive if I'm so senile that my post-zoomer child is looking after me

They read these things called books, made out of tons of paper

>I don't even have time for fucking games.
sounds like there's something wrong with how you've structured your life

Normies came in as soon as it paid well, sadly.

Attached: 2fedc8125a71b022d60e19645bf7642e.jpg (624x624, 85K)

>a fiancee and need to support my future family
You fell for all the society's meme : a job, a wife, a children.
You don't belong here, normie.

Attached: b5a9708ab657081bbfd1a459295103c1.jpg (335x335, 22K)

Can you teach me Maths 2D mommy?
I-I want to make money

Attached: fe8e49de4549de00f32d8795ad6697e6.jpg (333x314, 36K)

Not him but with a toddler and an 8 month old I can either game for a couple hours once they're in bed or take my chances and watch a movie with the wife and maybe get laid.
Honestly those chances are about 1/4 these days so I have been gaming a bit lately

>not having a pretty gf/wife that likes video games more than you
You sound like a normal fag.

this. But brogrammers were a thing in the early 2000's now they are managers.

I bet you're a boring ass actuary. I would have respect for you if you were a quant or trader.

>normal[ ]fag
>not normalfag
You sound like a new[_________]fag. and also esl

strong chin

The old definition I used to hear was that nerds might be obsessed over a specific subculture, so a star treck nerd, a computer nerd, anime nerd etc, whereas a geek just had a broad interest in lots of those subcultures, perhaps only deeply in a few.
Your description kinda fits this, however in that case for geek it'd only be an incredibly fucking shallow interest in maybe a couple "geeky" thinks, like [comic book/start wars movie] or [posting photos of food on instagram]

It's a fucking set you fucking cunts, none of you ever watched the IT Crowd?

Attached: 1348164841634.png (281x215, 6K)

People on Jow Forums usually reject Jewish media. Perhaps try Reddit.

>have seriously NONE of you ever seen my braindead laugh track cash grab?

implying IT crowd isn't one of the best sitcoms

maybe you're thinking of big bang theory?

>but muh show is one of the winners of the special olympics
explain how laugh track cash grab A is superior to laugh track cash grab B in a way that doesn't reveal you're a retard in special ed class trying to look better than the other retard

Is Britain really as tech illiterate as this show portrays?

Nerd culture is fucking gay, imagine being obssess with pop science and cape shit, and in general just obsessing over pop culture like shitty TV shows like star trek

Imagine how devoid of spirit your life must be to be like that

>dude internet in a box and the girl believes it lmao us nerds right

>watching garbage talmudvision brainwash
>being actually upset when someone else hasnt seen your jewish propaganda tv shoe

you mean the kids you let the TV raise while you sat back making dumb boomer decisions? I think they will be fine with you going to a nursing home

They let women in

>muh jewish propaganda!!!
>im better than you!!!
Yikes

i hope they died in a wreck

Yeah some of the humour is force but some it is downright brilliant.

>tfw my autistic greybeard cave dwelling coworkers slowly get canned by normie chadlites
>tfw productivity has massively dropped but at least people don't smell any more

that is the only part of the show I've ever seen and was shown to me as an example of how epic it is. if it's any indicator the whole thing is awful. fuck off pajeet.

>math
>high IQ
nice one, community college teachers have a masters in math, dipshit

Because it is just boring as hell?

That's geek culture. Nerd culture is ricing desktops and watching questionable anime.

>can't even tell apart a set from an actual workspace
>proceed to call others retarded

Attached: 1420132034595.jpg (177x177, 20K)

>M-MUH VIDYA GAYMES

Attached: 1553272048050.jpg (785x731, 101K)

I actually assumed it was a set when I first saw the image

I didn't know what it was actually from. because I don't watch your stupid shit.
>dude did you see the newest film with all muh superheroes?

>I knew it, I swear I'm not retarded

OK bub

K whatever,

No one claimed it was a workplace. People said it was shit, then some faggot got mad us for not knowing what TV show it was from.

>I don't watch the shows you watch, I'm somewhat of an intellectual myself

top kek this fucking thread

Attached: like clockwork.jpg (640x480, 24K)

nerds are intelligent and interested in math and science
geeks are interested in pop culture consumerism

>Self respect is bad

Attached: 1536181148436.png (454x520, 13K)

absolutely seething. your show is shit and no amount of images from your fedora folder will change that

>wife
>maybe get laid
???
how do you maybe get laid with a wife? or do you live in some cucked progressive nation where a woman can deny her husband intercourse?

I never said anything about the image of the set, dumbass, i was just calling that retard out for watching stupid jew trash on the brainwash machine

Working in this type of environment would be literal hell for me... like working with the type of mongoloids who clap during Star Wars and marvel movies

It's from a TV show dude

the "wtf do you SERIOUSLY not immediately recognize this epic set?!?" shit is far more cringey, and I kind of like the show

you are a guy that walks around with an obscure pop culture reference t shirt and gets indignant that nobody has pointed it out yet

>watching jewvision in the year of 2019
l m a o
m
a
o
>arguing about a show on jewvision in the year of 2019

Playing vidya is not programmer culture, one can argue that making games is much more fun than playing them.

not only have I not seen it, I've never even heard of it, I mean until now thanks a lot

nerd culture = sickers all over the walls

Nerds don't play many video games either, they are more interested in creating things than consuming media.

Nerd culture turned into pure consumerism

IT turned into an escape from the sinking ship of other parts of the American economy

couldn't finish the first episode, its that bad
t. worked at a helpdesk for a few years

Doesn’t change how I feel about if I worked in an environment like that you fucking dolt

nerd culture has become mainstream, and means watching game of thrones and marvel movies and playing league of legends

Fpbp

The real “nerd culture” is programming and setting up weird servers and hacking ROMs. Shelling out $60 for a AAA video game release and playing it on an Xbox is not nerd culture. Assassins creed is not nerd culture. Star Wars is no longer nerd culture.

It’s a set from a tv show dipshit

>Star Wars is no longer nerd culture
this
star trek IS THE nerd culture

Star Trek is old news, anime is nerd culture now.

anime is normie shit now
because it IS old news star trek is the nerd culture
no sjw basedboys contaminating it
only hardcore fans
comfy

although i agree with you i disagree with star trek being old (and forgotten?). every single fucking coworker of mine can't shut the fuck up about star trek or game of thrones. there are only 2 weebs in company chat besides me and both of them are in different branches.

Attached: d5104ffb-b620-4426-c423-7733fc639530.png (1280x1600, 1.46M)

anime is is watched by every normie, and even worse by trannies
fantasy novels are the real nerd culture now

Startrek is just boomer GoT

/thread

start trek viewers where the outcasts of that time
got viewers are chads in our time
not the same

>nerd culture
You mean geek culture. Geeks will always want to be nerds but sadly you actually have to be smart to be a nerd, not just pretend. Knowing trivia also does not qualify you to be a nerd. Nerds synthesize their knowledge and use it to accomplish what they want. All a geek can do is memorize and buy merch. Nerds can have geek aspects, but geeks will forever be losers too dumb to do anything useful or innovative. Please do not mix up these terms again.

>anime is normie shit now
One or two shows managed to garner a very small amount of mainstream appeal, and most people have forgotten about them by now. Star Trek on the other hand is internationally famous and literally every normie has at least heard of its name and seen Picard memes.

If you think anime is regularly watched by every normie you clearly don't participate in society very much.
>every single fucking coworker of mine can't shut the fuck up about star trek
That's exactly why it's old news and no longer the cornerstone of nerd culture. News can be old and still be popular, not trying to say that it's been forgotten, just that it's no longer as relevant to nerd culture as anime is, especially for newer generations.

Sorry, I don't watch TV. I prefer to spend my time reading or exercising.

In continuation this is an example. An example of actually doing something (hacking ROMs). Geeks who babble about star trek or whatever do not qualify as nerds unless they can actually do something.