Shaving Technology

Whats the best shaving technology?

Attached: qshave.jpg (466x466, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2015/05/04/science-proves-that-beards-contain-fecal-matter/?ampcf=1
patents.google.com/patent/US775134A/en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fermented bean style

I've been thinking about buying that qshave model, but it can't be too finicky because I like to dry my shit off after every use because I shave in the shower.
It's pretty much why I don't use a shavette, to many nooks for water to seep in.

>not having a unix beard.

Attached: Ken_Thompson_and_Dennis_Ritchie--1973.jpg (310x201, 20K)

Caustic follicle removal

Beards are a lot of work, any lapse in upkeep and you look like a homeless bum.
Body hair is absolutely disgusting too, regardless of sex.

Nigga u gay

pic related is peak shaving

Attached: $_3.jpg (500x443, 33K)

never gonna make it, user.

> using a shavette in the shower

It just takes one slip to cut one's throat.

Peak shaving is the modified adjustable slant by merkur.

>Body hair is absolutely disgusting too, regardless of sex
I'm glad that there are at least a few people who realize this truth

Depends on what shave you prefer. If you simply want it look good then your pic will do just fine, a few passes with a fresh blade and it's done. I for example want a cleaner shave so I don't feel the stubs even when I'm pressing the skin, this requires basically scraping your skin a lot. Slightly dull cartridge with many blades works the best for me, it's slightly irritating to the skin for a week, then perfect for 1-2 months, then it becomes too dull.

You could try milder blades like derbys.
They seem to last longer in that state as well, the only real difference between brands is the cut and bevel of the blade edge.

U gay too

I bet you wax your ass faggot

of course, looks good with programming socks.

People have absolutely disgusting faces, regardless of sex.

Fucking idiots with their learned reactions and judgement.

Ass hair is unsanitary, body hair in general not only makes you look filthy, sweat bacteria festers in it, making you smell worse.
I'm not even talking about normal male body odor, you smell like rancid sweat.

I bought pic rel a few months back, working good

Attached: 53439643_403432707119775_1319430175422676992_n.jpg (500x333, 13K)

how the fuck do you even get a good shave on your neck, I fuck myself up every time

if you are fat
if you cant wipe properly or wash your ass in the shower

Sweat isnt dirty. It is mostly water.

Who /long sideburns/ here?

Generic mach 3 refills.

Bought a Wahl clipper few years ago for $20 and never looked back.

Attached: Razorine-Razors-Shave-Nation_2048x2048.jpg (1920x1920, 258K)

I always like to use 3 or more blades type incredibly comfy and smooth

Facial hair is scientifically proven to contain shit. Enjoy your toilet bowl based face. Your mouth can act as the asshole.

nypost.com/2015/05/04/science-proves-that-beards-contain-fecal-matter/?ampcf=1

Let it grow out a bit and see which way the grain goes. My hair grows upwards on the right side of my adam's apple, and I kept getting razorbumps until I figured that out.

unironically agree

How are you supposed to get rid of it? It's not exactly accessible

Tired of shaving, how can I remove facial hair for good?

based
I switched to a safety razor a few months ago. Best decision ever
Have you almost slit your throat with that?

unironically, tranners know all about facial hair removal

>Have you almost slit your throat with that?
yes.

But I don't wanna take hormones and dicks.

Clipping is the new shaving, for me anyways. Since the gilette thing I looked into options and finally got a clipper. The best thing about it is it does all my body hair, not just facial hair. Why didn't I know about this versatile grooming tool earlier? I used to clip pubes and pits with scissors and often cut myself. This clipper does a superior job in a fraction of the time and gets 99% of the facial hair vs any type of shaver.

Attached: cheap clipper.jpg (400x500, 12K)

Not that long but represent.

then just get electrolysis and skip the rest

A lot of cope here from people who can't grow a full beard.

Attached: 1551027974150.jpg (798x770, 195K)

That's being considerate of those who will find you, there wont be a messy pool of blood, just a prune'd up body.

I'm shocked how well this work.

Attached: Gillette SkinGuard.jpg (350x350, 37K)

5 razors configuration, dip it in alcohol after shaving to keep it sharp.
Use hand cream instead of after shave on your face/armpits/balls after you shave.

Attached: nogrow.png (1252x1252, 1.14M)

>(((Gillette)))
Get. Out.

ephilator, pulls out your hair like how you pull out when you dont want a child

fuck off pajeet

Holy shit someone posting with a source. Fascinating

I don't like the long term financial prospects of the Gillette company.
Everyone I know that uses them is transitioning to be women...

Grinding your face on asphalt and not having to care about facial hair for at least a decade, like a true chad

Your phone constains more.
Public spaces contain. There is shit everywhere.

Yes gillette is awful. They sell consumable and at high margins. Keep people buying their shit with marketing. Buy clipper, or OP's double edge butterfy or some other brand. Fuck anything else.

thats a womans razor ass face

Pic related. 100 blades (which you have to break, so it's more like 200 blades) cost less than 10€ and one lasts for multiple shaves.
Never fall for the Jewlette meme.

Attached: 41-7yfWD7-L._SX355_.jpg (355x266, 8K)

a miracle of Jow Forums indeed

You seem to forget that double edge safety razors were a Gillette patent that expired close to 100 years ago.
patents.google.com/patent/US775134A/en

Ass hair reduces friction between the asscheeks. If you had ever walked for more than 10 miles straight you'd know what I'm getting at.

> scientifically proven
> links a clickbaity news article with no study reference

Where's the pair-reviewed study? I'm sure if you look well enough you can find shit everywhere. This only means that people don't wash their fucking hands.

I use a straight razor, and, sometimes a DE razor. The initial investment was high; I bought two used razors on ebay for like 50 CHF each, a strop and two hones (a 1k/3k grit combo one and an 8k one) for a total of 200 CHF. Add in a brush (lasts around 5 years) and some minor utensils, a broken strop there, a broken shell here... I'd say all things considered it has cost me around 600.- CHF since 2008. Now that I do t break my shit anymore I'd say I pay maybe 50 bucks a year on shaving products.

Best tip I can give: Do not use after shave. Cold (ice cold) water is all you need.

Reminder that every shaving tech right now, and ever, is shit and basically boils down to using a piece of sharpened metal to cut your face.
We're almost in cyberpunk year and we still shave like they did thousands of years ago.

and why would you ever want to shave in any other way than the romans? you're not a skeleton fueled by söy, are you?

You're right, when will we get the ability to select desired facial hair growth via an app on our cellphones?

Are butterfly razors as convenient as they look? I always procrastinate on switching my blades.

The one in OP (at least the original version) can be disassembled with one hand.

Attached: IMG_20190609_214017_1.jpg (2268x2241, 688K)

>Buying Gillette after they called all men latent rapist

I've been using it too. Only thing I've found that doesn't cut the fuck out of my face trying to shave my coarse-ass beard.

This
I actually suggest shaving/waxing your ass and walking for a day to anyone who never did it
You will then understand the sacred role of asshair

I shave my butt on a semi-regular basis.
Only thing that changes are super loud farts.

>the ny post
>"source"

>this requires basically scraping your skin a lot
Hell naw, my face breaks out if I do that. I'll take some stubble.

I used to think I hated shaving, But really I was just tired of cordless battery powered shit that didn't have the power to give me an even shave. This was $35 and I recommend it to anyone who wants to straddle the line between Babyface and Unix with a well groomed beard.

Attached: 09686 - Power Pro_Amazon-PT05.jpg (600x600, 58K)

I've been using it for two months now. I haven't nicked myself once, and it gives a really comfortable shave.

After using single blade cartridge, multi-blade cartridge, safety and straight. Safety razors are my personal favourite. I end up using straight razor most times though because I'm lazy and never buy blades.

Maybe you should hit the gym

I tried using safety razors but I could never whip the shaving soap into a proper lather. I watched several videos but couldn't get it down so I gave up

Attached: image.jpg (821x869, 249K)

Gonna need a source for that

anything not gillette

im currently using a normal safety razor. whats the diffrence between a normal one and the adjustable one?

Can't argue with those quads

don't be a retard and fall for "badger brush" meme, use your safety razors with regular canned lather.

some people like more bite, some less, also depends on your beard length. if your fixed safety razor does the job for you without leaving you scarred or unshaven then you're good, i have adjustable one and i keep it in one position.

Lets you adjust it to change the angle you need to hold it in for a good shave

I bought a non Gillette waterproof rechargeable one after Gillette went rogue, best decision ever, quick couple of times a week in the shower and Im done

Thanks for input Reddit

copy can do that too, but i always do it the gay way because i don't want to leave half of my finger in a sink

Why are you guys using cutthroat razors instead of DE razors? I was under the impression safety razors are inconvienient

I dropped it (the Proglide actually, which I think is more or less the same) in favour of a a DE safety razor for the following reasons
– Cartridge razors are "safer" but it would take me a lot of passes to get a truly clean shave
– All those passes and the fact that it has 4/5 blades caused a lot of skin irritation, pimples, etc
– Cartridges are fucking expensive

now that I have a DE razor
– Much cleaner shave in two passes
– I put in a new blade every time I shave
– 100 blades are < 10€
the only con is that I have nicked myself a few times, but it's already happening less after a month

>I put in a new blade every time I shave
Jow Forums mocked me for changing blades after every four shaves and said I should get seven minimum.

Idk, I haven't even tried a second shave. They're so cheap, and I don't even shave every day, so don't really see the point in shaving with anything but a new blade.

>I bought a non Gillette

Attached: 1564651321321.jpg (800x450, 134K)

gillette proglide fusion 5

Honestly two is pretty much the same, three gets slightly noticably scratchy and 4 is slighly unpleasant. You should be able use a blade twice no problem.

not your board woman

Recently bought a DE89. I'm very happy with the build quality and the feel of it considering it was only 18€.
Went from the Derby Extra that came stock with it (that were poking out too much and tearing my face apart) to Astra Superior Platinum.
I've had very little trouble with them, almost never nick myself, but sometimes I find some parts of my face aren't shaved as much as I'd like. Do I just need to figure out the best angles for the different parts of my face or is it more of a technique thing?

>there are people ITT who unironically got butthurt by the gilette commercial to the point they are going to boycott the brand
I don't even use gilette but lmao
what a bunch of snowflakes

agree sister patriarchy makes me literally shake

Attached: n3g0hpbcxel21.jpg (715x678, 28K)

>actually believing this
oyvey

Classic safety razor is the way to go. Initial cost is higher, but the blades are SO CHEAP. You'll save a shitton not buying cartridges fast.
Cartridge razors are good for teenagers just starting out but you gotta graduate when you grow up.

Attached: Merkur-33C-amazon.jpg (1000x962, 37K)

Wet the brush, shake it out a little, start to make lather. Most people use too much water at first.

> Best tip I can give: Do not use after shave. Cold (ice cold) water is all you need.
how come?

*blocks your path*

Attached: 5.jpg (1250x1140, 97K)