9v Short Out

If I took 2 wires and ran one from the postiive side of a 9v and one from the negative side and stuck them in either the cable modem input or the ethernet ports would it short out the modem and break it?

Would be doing this with old hardware as an experiment

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 11.44.44 AM.png (528x600, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xbwNJhJwnSs
youtube.com/watch?v=8hwLHdBTQ7s
youtube.com/watch?v=CTkmxmd_jIo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bump

is it enough voltage to do anything?

Virtually no current load, so no.

Too low voltage, try the lighter spark thing, whatever it's called.

if left plugged or touching could it get hot enough to cause damage?

youtube.com/watch?v=xbwNJhJwnSs

Take two of them and plug one into each other, if you want to start a fire this should work.

I want to fuck up a cable modem and make it unfixable without taking a hammer to it

how do?

this is what you want

Attached: etherkiller.jpg (559x282, 28K)

too extreme, what else can be done?

Since you seem bored and marginally retarded try this. Get a disposable camera and rip out the capacitor (big cylinder shaped motherfucker) charge it with a 9V and discharge it into shit you wanna break. Try it on a screwdriver and you’ll see the capacitor had enough juice when charged to actually pit the screwdriver. Also it’s low current so it hopefully won’t cook what few neurons you’ve got left.

hmm that's interesting

do you think if I took bucked and mixed in some salt so it was salt water and dunked the cable modem in while plugged in it would ruin it? just for like 1 second?

I did this to a laptop to fuck it up so the store couldn't keep "repairing" it and have to give me a new one

did what? what exactly did you do to it?

yeah dude that would probably destroy your modem

>would water ruin my electronics
Gee I dunno user

Attached: EBE6933A-AFE0-4B13-B846-F19D44E8AB7C.png (645x729, 105K)

>yeah dude that would probably destroy your modem
would it be obvious it was water damage?

yes

That doesn't do a thing to ports though. I tried to kill my laptop this year with one of those and the ports immune to that. You need to connect it to the circuit board, find a connection to can run the current through the processors to fry them. Not really hard.

Ethernet is much higher voltage than that already. If you want to cause damage you need to play with thousands of volts (pic related). Grab one of those and zap stuff with it.

Attached: Piezo_igniter.jpg (1245x1034, 245K)

that's illegal

You are now aware that you can easily chain any amount of 9V batteries by plugging them into each other to produce any voltage that's a multiple of 9.

even 81?

9 batteries chained together will be 81V

youtube.com/watch?v=8hwLHdBTQ7s

based and pilled

that looks safe

Just warm to the touch...

youtube.com/watch?v=CTkmxmd_jIo

Attached: 1555273416580.jpg (548x661, 68K)