Logitech MX Master

Is this actually worth it, or overpriced gimmicky hardware like Alienware stuff? My trusty buddy Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 from 2011 finally kicked the bucket after all these years a couple hours ago and been reading what to get. I was thinking of getting a MWM4000 which costs like €20, or just splurging and getting what every article says is the comfiest and best mouse overall. Thoughts?

Attached: logitech_mx_master_2.jpg (600x532, 24K)

it's worth it and $60 new

not good for games tho

I tried it (MX Master 2 no S) but it was far too big, idk how people can shill for this. Switched to a G203 even tho it's not wireless.

I see it for €65 at its cheapest in Europe, while the MWM4000 is at €19,90. Is the €45 difference worth it? Do you have it? What's your experience?
Could you please elaborate?

i have it, its really good and im glad i bought it. it is indeed kinda uncomfy for games since its heavy

1st gen was 125Hz. 2nd is 1000Hz.

Attached: .png (758x774, 44K)

Also use USB receiver because BT is locked at 125Hz max.

probably because it's 125Hz or whatever, it's absolute garbage for counter strike

Can anyone please comment on battery life? How long does a charge last?
Thanks for the input, but size isn't an issue for me, but wireless is.

I had the first gen and sold it. Unless you need the thumb scroll wheel this thing is actually just as good. Only other thing its missing is the auto shift scroll wheel which does feel great.

Polling doesn't really matter. Sensor does and wireless latency/accuracy does. Gaming with it will be fine unless you're competitive. Trying to do things like flick shots will be a no go though and it'll spazz out.

Attached: m720-triathlon-mouse.jpg (930x523, 68K)

Too heavy for me.

i heavent measured but i dont even feel it, 20+ days per charge. maybe more

the auto scroll is probably its best feature and is fucking great

I correct myself on since I can't find 2S under €79,99, so it's €80, which is quite higher than the Microsoft 4000.
What is the auto-shift scroll wheel? What does it do or how does it feel that seems like a feature? "When" should I splurge for such a mouse, i.e. What would you say I do everyday that would warrant the expenditure over the M4000 (pic related, €19,90)? I don't play FPSs since I suck at them nowadays.

Attached: MWirelessMouse4000.jpg (1000x559, 63K)

Those Microsoft mice are pieces of shit. I've had 3 of them. Don't bother.

The one that just died on me today lasted me 8 years, that's a hell of a lot time for hardware imho.

i like the model of the Performance MX better, but they are worth it.

Must have been light use because every cheap ass Logitech I've had has outlived them. Some older than 10 years.

I have one and it's a massive upgrade over my old mouse.
It fits my hand well and I have average hands.
Battery lasts a month for me.
The scrollwheel is great, requires more force to middle click though.

Me too, but they are quite more expensive.
It's the only mouse I've used, and I used it on average 6 hours per day at the least. (I work from home). By the end it died and revived 3-4 times, and the batteries would last only 10-15 days lately, but still.
Thanks for the input. Where do you see the most upgrades in usage at? e.g. MMOs

Attached: redragon-m690-mirage-2.jpg (701x800, 80K)

the auto scroll is when you 'pull' your mousescroll it keeps scrolling for a while after you let go, its really useful for shit like pdf and documentations

I thought it was too thin for my hand and gave it to my wife, ordered an elecom huge trackball then made a mount for it on the end of my recliner and have reached maximum comfy

Upgrade in general usage.
Don't play fast games with this it's heavy and the sensor isn't perfect.

i like almost everything about it, design, buttons, scroll. but holy fucking shit connectivity is worse than 5$ wireless mouse, fucking shit stutters hard af, unless rf receiver is like 5cms away. if only it could be connected with wire.

i have the original and its great. I'm not playing FPS games but I feel no input lag placebo like a lot of people have been sperging about.

battery life is about a month of 10 hour/day usage. I got mine half price on black friday

mines perfect with my pc under my desk, and it plugged into the rear of the desktop (which is slightly sunked into the case and surrounded by metal)

sounds like yours is fucked bro

It’s not a gaming mouse, but I got one to replace my venerable M510 that died after six years of daily pounding and I like it.

>teleports behind you
Nothing person, kid.

Attached: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum.jpg (2976x1984, 1.82M)

This isn't /v/eddit, sweetheart.

OP wants wireless, l2read.

Do not buy this trash. The gesture button will jam, blocking the pointer action, making it useless. The scroll motor is also defective out of the box.

I really enjoyed my Master 2S until my faggot kid poured a whole cup of juice on it.
Got a cheap G603 to replace it which is also pretty nice.

the master felt too bulky for my sissy hands
the anywhere was perfect but the lack of proper middle click breaks my workflow too much so I had to return it.

It's too late, the G502 has already teleported behind you. Your fate is sealed.

Why get it when the g502 is better in every imaginable way?

The only worthwhile version (lightspeed) is massively expensive.

>negates your teleportation with a double teleport attack

Attached: Angles-720x405.jpg (365x208, 15K)

I'm considering buying that mouse because of how uncomfortable the magic mouse I use at work is.
Has anyone tried it in macos?
How smooth is the scrolling?
Generic mice scroll like shit on mac.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 44K)

Got mine for 50 on black friday, it's shit for gaming since it's really heavy but it's very comfy for everything else.
Don't buy the white version, it turns purple in a matter of weeks.

Attached: 1546997077985.jpg (1656x1648, 197K)

Free wheel is really smooth, can scroll for a good 30s with a good spin.
Never tried using macro but logitech software seems pretty extensive

Attached: Debord_SocietyofSpectacle.jpg (251x396, 28K)

The gamer variant is basically the same but cheaper and with more stuff that's good (like a wire)

hardware looked cool - whutevs
the software is shady as fuck - pretty sure they are using it to steal CPU time from users. either that or it is coded by a retard.

>Is this actually worth it, or overpriced gimmicky hardware
Is it not the current year???

I've bought about 6 of them.
Use them both at home and at my office.

Maybe they are too expensive compared to other mice, but I don't like to skimp on something I touch for 10+ hours a day.

>The scroll motor is also defective out of the box.

It's not the motor but the actuator that's moved by the motor: it tends to slip occasionally.
Can be fixed by gluing the actuator onto the axle.
It's usually not a big problem though, once in a while it takes 2 or 3 tries to switch scroll mode that's it.

The gesture button sticking otoh means this mouse will die after a few years.

Get a Triathlon M720, works just fine, no issues, Bluetooth + USB if needed, 3 device support (comes in really handy when working on several machines at one time), outstanding battery life (had mine for 4 months now, still says battery is "Good" with 3 bars.

Got mine for $25, no issues, works great, highly recommended.

Attached: Logitech_M720.jpg (1464x600, 41K)

OP here. Thanks everyone for their input. Indeed wireless is my top priority, and the MX Master 2S, while looking great, feels like an unnecessary luxury. I'll go with the M720 since it seems the best option.

poorfag

I'm mostly turned off by the critiques regarding the gesture button and the scroll motor / thingy. Would rather go with something fully tried and true.

MX was released in 2015 and 2S in 2017... I'd wait a bit for MX3 since they have that new tech

its good, but not an improvement on the VX revolution. Honestly would go with that if not for the usb receiver

Attached: 19466.jpg (1024x648, 158K)

"new tech" really means "cost cuts".

Current MX Master isn't as solid as the MX Revolution was.
Next MX Master will just have cheaper components to improve margins.

>his mouse doesn't have a tail

Attached: 23525234234.jpg (480x360, 15K)

The fuck is a "gesture button"?
You mean the middle mouse button?

I was thinking about getting one of those for my iPad when it gets mouse support, but I doubt it's worth paying extra over the MX Anywhere just for an ergonomic shape.

There's a hidden switch on the thumb rest which will jam. When the gesture button is active, pointer movement is disabled, so the mouse does not work.

>1999+20
>still using corded technology

Attached: 42.jpg (184x184, 13K)

if you're partial to trackballs, get the new logitech mx ergo. really enjoying mine.

alternative, get the g703. i have one of those for when my hand gets tired of trackball usage - which is rare.

Just don't use it or assign a different button?

It doesn't have to be used to jam.

Logitech mice are great. Using a g502 right now

Attached: smooth.webm (180x320, 2.91M)

>Trying to do things like flick shots will be a no go though and it'll spazz out.
This is not true.

But you could just disable it, like I have done.

No they aren't. They have retarded design problems that they don't fix.

Do logitech ever RMA around 2 months post warranty at their discretion?

It would've been better to show the scrolling on the browser behind.
Also:
>using a camera when screen capture exists
>that resolution

Apple magic mouse 2 is the only good mouse ive ever used.

wow you sound like a great father
i'm sure your kids will feel valuable and grow into well adjusted adults who bring joy to all the people in their lives

>my lovely child destroyed my property

Is this one good?
I'm looking for quality but the childish gaymen design makes it embarrassing to request from the budget at work

Its a great mouse, but if you don't frequent programs that require the horizontal scroll, you might as well save the money and get a logitech M705.

I only use the horizontal scroll for text editors, and some basic image editing on rare occasions.

I regret not getting the MX Ergo instead.

I bought it for the shape/size which I'm really happy with. I'm not using any other features, disabled all the buttons and functionality and I'm using it plugged it.
So yes and yes.

Definitely worth it, best mouse ive used. Not great for gaming though but amazing for work.

i have that one but wish i went for the vertical one

I currently use a G502 because that shape is just comfy af.
Should I get an MX Master for general use? Or is a vertical mouse better for that (got to try both and both feel comfy af)

Nice

How’s that carpal tunnel, user?

For me, it’s the g603. That’s my baby :)

It's a great mouse, but absolutely do not get it for work. Your instincts are correct

Have both of them, G502 is for manlets with small hands

I returned 3 of the original MX Masters to two different retailers for the same fault. The wheels got stuck in non-clicky scroll. V2 came out a year later and I got that then the battery life died after 3 months. I got an RMA and it's been solid ever since. QC is a real problem with Logitech. I'm thinking of trying out a Glorious Model O for gaming though.