Why is it so bad?

Why is it so bad?

Attached: csharp-e7b8fcd4ce.png (512x512, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

channel9.msdn.com/Series/C9-Lectures-Erik-Meijer-Functional-Programming-Fundamentals/Lecture-Series-Erik-Meijer-Functional-Programming-Fundamentals-Chapter-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No static locals. That's the only bad thing about it tbqhwyfam.

C# is unironically a good language now that .net core is here. Blows java out of the water in every way from a language standpoint. Everything java does c# does better.

LINQ > Stream

C# lambdas and expression body methods > java Functional Interface

C# extension methods > Util classes

Properties are infinitely Superior to getter/setter boilerplate

C# has native support for tuples, and soon support for functional style record classes

C# generics don't rely on type Erasure. Lol no support for primitive type generics in java.

read-only types for immutability, Javas final only guarantees that the reference won't mutate.

F# is a better secondary language than Scala or Clojure

I'm not even a Microsoft shill, I use java at my day job. C# is just way better. Of all the c-syntax style languages, and of all object Oriented languages, c# is by far my favorite.

It's pretty good actually

Simple. It still has a Garbage Collector. Even Microsoft hates C# and doesn't use it to make their applications with hahahaha

By the way C# is just a C++ application.. but it's one to be ashamed of.

>Properties are infinitely Superior to getter/setter boilerplate

Good Lord yes.
The overhead for properties is really insane for 2019

haysmdf?

C# is the white man's Java

What's it like being stuck in 2002?

Not really. Currently Microsoft is investing alot in C++ recently since 2011.
Almost all their applications are in C++ and will stay in C++.

They just created C# for "CONSUMERS" and "USERS" of "their"(microsoft) products.

Programmers of C# are just consumers and users of a program written in C++.

Not a true programming language by that definition.

Wow you are really retarded and not trolling

>They just created C# for "CONSUMERS" and "USERS" of "their"(microsoft) products
Explain this.

Attached: 1.png (1001x426, 33K)

>Programmers of C# are just consumers and users of a program written in C++.

That's a desperate way of spinning the fact that C++ only exists to maintain virtual machines for useful languages.

>Why is it so bad?
because its managed, and thus its a toy language for people that dont know how computers work.

basically a language for women

M$

pic related

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-11_06-17-53.png (1309x236, 136K)

>Nobody uses C# accept from MS

That's just ten websites you dipshit.

>not even Bing uses C#

I use C#. It's fast and easy to write. I like it.

c# is heading into c++ territory with its feature bloat desu

For stalling F# development

C# may be better than Java, but Kotlin is better than C#.

>F# is a better secondary language than Scala or Clojure
You had me until this point. For real, my dude? Are you serious? Enjoy your dead ecosystem.

No it isn't. There are tons of poos using C#. I work next to a Microsoft office and half their staff is fucking H1B pajeets.

Pajeets

Use java
Have sex

I'm with you my dude. I need to learn F# because I really loved Clojure.

can you comfortably program with C# on GNU+Linux?

I would say so
For IDEs there's VSCodium, Monodevelop, Rider and emacs/vim plugins
Dotnet cli installation is like 2-3 commands on any distro and everything works fine

It's definitely more of a hobbyist thing right now but overall it's a good thing that they're making it cross-platform

meme definitions for interfaces.

>F# is a better secondary language than Scala or Clojure
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH }
AAAAAHHAHAHAHAAHHAA HOLY SHIT HAHAHAHAHHAH

The advantages of C# compared to Java 9 and onwards are just marginal. And C# ties you to the stupid Microsoft stack, and Java has no platform restriction. C# has stupid conventions from the Borland world such as that fucking I prefix on interfaces. The ecosystem of Java is greater by order of magnitudes, and nuget sucks dicks.

Java wins with a hand tied in the back.

Monodevelop is utter crap.

I used VB.NET as my primary language for years when hobby programming. So easy to use for Windows GUI apps and shares the C# ecosystem. C# is better for "real" programmers because the syntax is more similar to other useful languages, but .NET generally is a really nice high level language to use and certainly better than Java.>

It's not bad, really. It just feels ad-hoc because most of the better parts of the language were taken from a better one:
channel9.msdn.com/Series/C9-Lectures-Erik-Meijer-Functional-Programming-Fundamentals/Lecture-Series-Erik-Meijer-Functional-Programming-Fundamentals-Chapter-1

not really and I'm really sad about that.
So many resources online are by poos and I've already burned myself too many times on their shitty code so now I instantly dismiss anything that's posted on CodeProject, those microsoft forums and anything that's written by a pajeet

It's missing C functions and native compilation. Otherwise, it's the perfect practical language for the industry.

> see '->' in c++ code
*barf*

-> is great you're a dumb nigger

It was designed to be a better Java 5. There is only so much design space to that.

Well, it's better than every variation of C++, but it's nowhere near as good as D.

D is worthless. It's neither as good as C++ or C# in their respective problem domains. Simply an awkward middle ground.

Couldn't C funtions be imported as external methods?
As for native compilation, how does NGEN fit into it?

JIT conpiler is shit compared to an actual compiler with real optimization.