I've been working as a sysadmin for around 8 years now and I'm so fucking tired and bored of it

I've been working as a sysadmin for around 8 years now and I'm so fucking tired and bored of it.
There's always new technologies and you will literally never be up to those autistic retards who keep learning in their houses even when they leave work.

I recently changed jobs, joined a devops team, everyone is a professional sysadmin and programmer knowing shit I've never heard about. One guy loves his job so much he once spent 72 hs straight working just to make something work. Something for his job. For his boss. Why is that allowed?

I hate this soul consuming gay retarded technology cuck world. And I hate people who "love technology". People with Tux pins or mugs, why do you guys do that? It's just an operating system, mostly used for business, and that is, to earn money. There's no much deep freedom or philosophies behind, stop pretending there is.

I'm so, so tired. I wish I could just change my career path and do something else to escape from this stupid soulless corporate world.

Attached: 1551220601114.png (800x600, 34K)

Rossman told in one of his videos once, "if you are in IT for the money, you'll never make it, you have to love it", precisely because of these autists. You didn't listen.
t. autistic retard who tries to maintain work-life balance and has constant sense of guilt.

Fuck you, you are not supposed to love your job. I wouldn't love anything that means making money for someone else, you are basically cuck if you enjoy that, on top of enjoying learning about useless technologies.
You gonna die bro, and all you did in your life was being an expert in the use Kubernetes

hello neet, your free ride will end very soon

Then stop being a wagie you nigger faggot

> you are not supposed to love your job
Ok, mr. know-it-all, I'll be sure to un-love what I do, following your wise advice.
> You gonna die bro, and all you did in your life was being an expert in the use Kubernetes
Ouch, that salt. Well maybe, but taking a part in development of govt websites, I already did enough to improve lives of many people around.

Yeah, we need to conscript all young men who are NEET for more than 6 months at a time.

>Ouch, that salt. Well maybe, but taking a part in development of govt websites, I already did enough to improve lives of many people around.
You really think you changed the world just because you did some gay website? It's not like you are the only web dev in the world. Someone else would have done it. I mean, they were paying people for a reason

I'm OP, retard. I said I've been working for this shit field for at least 8 years. Go back learning Cobol, autistic fuck, you clearly can't understand human beings.

>I'm so, so tired. I wish I could just change my career path and do something else to escape from this stupid soulless corporate world.
Knock yourself out, faggot OP.

Sorry if I offended your Linux loving cock munching ass

>I'm so fucking tired and bored of it.
great blog post, faggot.
>Why is that allowed?
>totally not jealous that someone has skills and enthusiasm way out of my league
interesting turn of events.
>I'm so, so tired. I wish I could just change my career path and do something else to escape from this stupid soulless corporate world.
blahblahfuckingmoan. I don't give a shit, you lame fuck. take your extremely homosexual blog posting to tumblr or reddit.

>at least 8 years
zoomer cancer: detected and laughed at. 8 years.. that's like a baby in the IT world. try 20 or 30 years and then feel free to moan. at least you'd have something to moan about, here you're just seen as a whiny zoomer bitch that has no skills and no love for computing that can't even cope with a few years doing what exactly? sys admin? hilarious and to be quite honest: 100% embarrassing for you.

Nerd niggers kys

Lol you sound like a brainlet who doesn't good CS fundamentals. But that's why you're a sysadmin.

>boomer gets rektd by kubernetes
LOL

pretty much /this

You are really not the only one who feels this way in IT. Not at all. But as spmeone who had different careers, I just appreciate that IT does not have to be a dead end job and you at least get a middle class wage without breaking youe back.

Life sucka, deal with it

tits or gtfo

>30 years,

30 years ago IT was basically punch cards and floppy disks lmfao,

its like going from mowing the lawn to cutting hair if you have been in IT for 30 years ffs

>People with Tux pins or mugs, why do you guys do that? It's just an operating system
Because I have nothing else to do with my life and it's my only escape from the real world. I spend all of my free time on this shit because otherwise I might drink myself to death. I don't have tux pins or mugs tho.

I'm sorry that people like me are making life harder for you.

Attached: 14194475663540.jpg (700x700, 41K)

> try 20 or 30 years and then feel free to moan
> feel free to moan when your entire life has passed by
You show no remorse.

You don't have to be like the autists who have absolutely no life outside of work, most of the time they don't have the social skills to be well liked anyway. If they are liked it's because of the value they add to the company but at the same time they are just another asset. Being able to shoot the shit with your managers and talk about relatable shit will often get you farther than pure ability, most people would rather work with someone they like over someone who works hard. Nobody wants to talk about fucking work all the time.

Also this is why I'm trying to shimmy my way into IT management, I have actual hobbies, a gf, aspirations to get a house and build a life for myself. I'm not about to get burned out competing with people who don't care about anything but work.

If it's any consolation these people will most likely die empty and alone, and if they have any relationships they will deteriorate and cease to exist over time.

I actually enjoy crushing normies at work because i only live for my job.

T. Geek

Nothing personal boomer, just wanna get rich doing things that i like.

Enjoy being exploited under the guise of passion.

I do IT in education and I see the way teachers are burnt out, a similar future awaits you goy. If you were as intelligent as you claim to be you would utilize your skills to make yourself money instead of your employer.

You normies can't win on both sides, go back being fake socializing with the other normies talking about low iq retarded subjects, i'll get back to my books and tutorials, we'll see who's gonna get a promotion at the end of the year

Okay, I'll continue to socialize with friends, take my girlfriend out, build cars that go fast, model CAD to use with my custom 3d printer, play video games, and take vacations around the world while you grind 80 hour work weeks for your employer.

After a certain point time is significantly more valuable than money. You can keep earning money, but you only get so much time. When you get older and wonder where your youth went you'll understand.

I really dont get this whole idea alot of people seem to have that its other peoples fault for enjoying a job that you hate.

I see it so much on this board, just people who hate thier job and take it out on others who genuinely enjoy it, or make themselfs feel better by participating in the "your just slaves" "enjoy being a corporate asset" circle jerk. Im sorry you didnt find it fufilling but that doesnt mean that others cant.

true.

if you think trades are any better, you're delusional. you don't understand how lucky you are to have air conditioning and solace from temperature extremes, among other things. you don't even have to sweat.

fuck, grow up. put yourself in other peoples' shoes.

this sort of retarded extremism will net you nothing but unhappiness in life. there's a lot of wisdom in the phrase "moderation is key." you'll find out for yourself, the hard way, if you don't listen to this thread.

Its just a job not your life, don't work for someone else for free.
>One guy loves his job so much he once spent 72 hs straight...
But hows his personal life, his hobbies. Is he just one dimensional, everything computer.

I've been living alone with my computer since high school.

Now it's just the same but they pay me money to do it.

Also, Where Daffuq you think you are normie ? Gtfo my board.

just because I had the foresight to find a good woman before she was deflowered and hopped on the cock carousel does not mean I'm a normie. interesting conclusion though, shows how much generalization goes on online.

you should endeavor to find a significant other to get you out of the shitty mindset you have. maybe religion is your shtick, idk.

Oh boy, i smell a simp.

Dude at least i spend my money on myself, not only you get paid little cause you're no match to us geeks, but you spend that money on another person.

LMFAO

Holy shit what a pathetic person
It genuinely makes me sad to read people like this

>And I hate people who "love technology"
i know that feeling
brainlets the lot of them

Fuck geeks and their stupid subculture

>fuck [thing that i don't understand], the thread

kek

I.T. is full of these type of faggots OP - I just move places until I find somewhere where they dont exist.

You could do what I do.
Freelance or get a remote job, and use the time you saved on your commute to start building a side project that you actually enjoy.
It's been working out well.

OP there's nothing wrong with chronic not giving a shit syndrome.
You merely need to find the job that suits this. Just in luck - there's a ton of hidden little avenues that your sysadmin/progmemer skills can come in useful for and turn a job into a semi-vacation. Records Management, Procurement, Asset Management, HR, even Finance - all these have tons of bullshit jobs that you can make even more bullshit by running a few scripts here and there.

You also need to find the right employer for not giving a shit.
Work for the government. Unless you live in Singapore this is guaranteed easy life.
Once in Government, you can do such things as:
>breeze along in comfy style,
>breeze along in even comfier style by working from home
>go on stress leave for a year, once you've attained permanency
>create a vital piece of black box code for some system (eg for AP or payroll) that only you understand and everyone relies on, and blow people off when they try to document/understand. This guarantees you are 1. indispensable and 2. do almost nothing except for make sure your black box works
>quit after a few years of being liked, and mildly competent, and become a contractor.

Who knows, you might even enjoy the journey to workNEET nirvana. Best of luck.

To the Normies in this thread: leave. We incels hate you