Are u data hoarders jealous?

Are u data hoarders jealous?

Attached: IMG_20190609_161244.jpg (3036x4048, 3.44M)

Put them in RAID0

imagine the noise

this

just use backblaze b2 cloud storage

>Seagate

No, OP.

>seagate
>10tb
>same day manufacture
Put them in RAID0

>Seagate
Nah man, I'm sorry for you

It's extremely quiet

for you

>Seagate
Enjoy the 40TB data loss
>weeaboo shit
and the autism.

>ironwolf nas drives
m o i s t

Attached: 1558167640534.gif (219x186, 1.76M)

Fuck off fucking weeb.

Even with a 100Mbit connection that's 38 days of 24/7 upload with 100% cap.

>seagate
good luck on data recovery

Attached: raw.gif (498x278, 397K)

No, but how's the yogurt candy?

It's done over time. I have Google botnet connected to certain folders to auto backup important documents it occurs in the background and uses like 100 mb ram and 5% cpu usage.

The initial backup will be a month or whatever but from then on it'll upload hints on the fly and you'll never not be up to date.

And you don't have to worry about drive failures

seagate, lol enjoy dead drives in two months

>segate
you will probably want to put 2 of those in raid 1 and have 1 hot and 1 cold standby.

AVOID RAID 5 AND 6 - you will have a URE kill the whole thing with near certainty

>iron wolf

Attached: 1550194746119.jpg (704x914, 109K)

>he uploads his data into (((the cloud))) unencrypted, as-is
wew

>Only has 40TB of storage.
>Calls herself data hoarder.

yeah, except that one took a few years to kill, those segate drives will have at least one dead in a few months.

This being said, hitler did have a similar failure rate.

I wish they weren't hard candy but the taste is pretty good.

Not worth going out of your way for.

>Seagate
no

obligatory

Attached: raid_0_0.jpg (4011x2100, 3.73M)

>Not 16TB IronWolf Pro

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES

>seagate
you wont be hoarding data for long!

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

Loving the >Seagate meme

Do you think this is new?
Do you think its a joke?

Attached: HDDFailures-BB1.jpg (629x687, 41K)

Gee, could it be it's not a meme? I've had 5 Seagate drives and 4 of them died within the warranty period. I got WD's as replacements, and none of them have died. In contrast, I've had one WD drive die on me in the past 15 years, and I have had 7 of them.

Two of the Seagates died within a 24-hour period. Bye bye 3TBs of data.
>b-b-but new stats
It takes a special kind of retard to believe a liar and a cheat who already has fucked up your shit in the past.

nah

Attached: 1560078858311.jpg (159x288, 31K)

>seagate

Attached: lesmuganimefaceatincredblyhihgrez.jpg (2296x2464, 285K)

I look at that and think to myself,
>is that for/from work or is he hosting CP sites
Should we even bother to do the math on how much that shit costs to run/maintain?

Attached: 1560079223258.jpg (388x518, 94K)

he didn't say "big"
learn to meme you fuck

Why can't Hugo Boss design something this aesthetic in current year?

>Seagate
>all the same make, model and batch
Nah, not jealous. I'll be here waiting for your next thread, "How do I recover a RAID 6 when 3 drives fail simultaneously?"

You can store encrypted files on g drive. Unlimited storage for life for free, yo. Alum benefits from a non pajeet tier school.

>being this much of good goy

It's going into a RAID5 which I'm fully aware of the risks. The array is to hold server backups so if it were to fail on two disk it would suck but not be the end of the world.

people who use RAID for home use is just retarded

damn is this true? how? where? can i join

>is
Seems like you're the retard here, Jamal.

That's why he has four of them, should be fine kept in duplicate

Seeing a lot of hate on Seagate in this thread

Genuinely curious, what company/companies manufacture the best drives?

I've personally only ever used WD HDDs and Sandisk SSDs and have had 0 issues with both

people who have drive failures are even more retarded

HGST

posted from my circa 2006 HGST RAID0 array

*4 drive RAID0

looks like WD owns them now

you specifically mean pre-WD integration?

Yes, can't comment on newer drives personally. Wiki says drives made before 2015 should be the high quality ones regardless.

>don't buy the 3TB version
>no problem

Attached: image.jpg (420x450, 143K)

this seems reasonable

>durr durr my drive will fail!!!
just buy a good brand and change it from 2-3 years also only retarded people don't have everything backed up

Go back to school and learn how the English language works, retard. Nothing you have to say will ever mean anything to real humans.

With 10TB disks, It's not a risk any more. It's pretty much certain to fail. Might as well run jbod and only lose a quarter of the data. At least use SnapRaid if you want to cheap out with RAID5.

> 4 drives 10 TB each
I have 20 TB RAID too, but mine will rebuild in a day vs two and a half.

>3TB, 4TB
10tb+ helium HDDs of all brands have about the same reliability. go big or go home, storagelet.

i seriouslé hope you guys dont do this

Jealous about what?

I've had pretty good luck with both Seagate and WD. Just avoid the 3tb Seagates, they've been known to have a higher failure rate than other drives. The only drive manufacturer I would absolutely avoid is Toshiba. Every single Toshiba drive I have ever owned has failed on me.

The meme is never buy a 3TB drive from any manufacturer, especially seagate.

>wolves are associated with a fucking loser
Why. At least hellhound is associated with the US marines, one of the top five most powerful military groups in the world beside the US navy, US army, and US police

It's real cool to call people you don't know losers. I'm sure you're a real winner in comparison.

goddamnit, I just want a shitty entry job so I can afford a fuckload of drive

You could do the poor man's tape drive.
>buy one 2TB drive
>split the drive into two
>encrypt the partitions
>fill 'em up
>catalog the contents to another drive
>upload encrypted containers to backblaze
>format the drives
>rinse and repeat

>seagate
*sigh*

Attached: 6789098.jpg (300x168, 4K)

/thread

>Seagate

I like the data I hoard to last more than 3 months.

Came here to make an apology of data minimalism, but Seagates have autodelid built in, so there is no point.

Attached: 1559390271179.png (411x410, 212K)

Yeah, this is the real issue.
>3 months
More like fuckin' 3 minutes. I RAID 10'd 4 cheap-ass Seagate drives together, and the array lasted for.... I guess 3 months, now that I think about it.
The other 3 drives are still alive (in RAID 5 now), but still. Basically no reads, and a BRAND NEW drive just fucking dies. Lmao. My Western Digital that my dad bought for my laptop is STILL working fine, and it's been like 8 years.

enjoy your corrupted files after restore

Who cares? So you got 40TB raw. Big deal. I got only a faction of that (12TB) but I know that if my server was to die on Monday I'd be ok due to keeping several backups plus I use ZFS & a UPS.

Reckon I'll stick with WD since they're tried and true

For data hoarding, any advantage of going with 7200 RPM over 5400?

>any advantage of going with 7200 RPM over 5400?

Mostly that lots of drives are only offered in 7200 RPM versions. Performance is going to be fine unless you need to saturate 10 Gbps all the time.

It's all about access times. People who have used laptops with the OS installed on a 5400 RPM drive will understand.

Lower spin speed often "boasts" better power use and longevity, however the data in regards to this no doubt will be all over the place.

Understandable

Fair point.

Dreadful, but reckon the power consumption tradeoff might make it tolerable depending on file sizes I reckon

>seagate
not at all

Well, we're talking about data hoarding, not system drives. Don't install your system on anything that's not an SSD, lol.

Attached: this looks bad cadpig.jpg (723x627, 86K)

Exactly. If you're storing a bunch of movies on a NAS, 5400 RPM is fine. You don't need super speedy access and the files are large so it won't be that big a hit anyway.

He lost a war and killed himself user I'm sorry that you're upset because muh daddy Hitler was insulted for being a loser.

RAID 5 is full retard mode on disks over ~4TB.

Definitely what I'm considering. Want to build one for general media storage, more music than video though

WD Green or Red come to mind. Green if you're going to let it spin down a lot of the time. Red if it's going to be doing little accesses a lot, like it would if it's a torrent box too.

This. If you get a 12 TB disk, create three 4 TB partitions and put those partitions into striped RAID 5. This will improve the performance and reliability of your drive.

a hard drive so prone to failure and controversy they decided to incorporate gate in the name

Green it is

Although I like the idea of a torrent box

A little bit.

Green is designed for low power and low noise in desktop settings. Red is designed for NAS use where it will be spinning much of the time. I started out with a pair of 2 TB Greens about 10 years ago. About 5 years in the one that spins constantly and has active torrents on it as well as some scraper script died. The other has more static data and stays spun down a lot of the time, and is still going.

Lmao US Police
Are burgers this far up their own ass they think your cops can stand up against an entire army? Fucking kek

Heat kills drives more than anything. A cheap ass desktop case stuffed with 3.5 drives acting as a poor mans server is doomed for high failure rates. Keeping said poor mans box in a room with wild temp ranges is just doubling that failure rate. (aka the main floor/upstairs part of a house/apt/condo)

oh wait he said "extremely xful"
sorry user

My servers; kept in my basement. No Temp issues, no bitrot issues, no failure issues, no power issues. Cause I run a UPS and use Freenas and keep backups of my data. It just works plain and simple.

Attached: PICT0003.jpg (2016x1344, 642K)

Attached: seagate1.png (679x893, 145K)

what did he mean by this. are you not putting your drives into parity. what are you a retard

>he bought 10gb iron wolves instead of the 16tb ones

imagine being this retarded

Oh, shit

Do any other companies make decent red/green equivalents?

dumbass

Disregard, did a bitta googling

Circling back to the OP of this thread, is the hate for Seagate justified here? Seems like the Ironwolf line is a more economical solution here, more bang for the buck, but can it justify the apparently high failure rates?

Wrong. The German people lost the war, not Hitler.