Linux Killer Apps

Finally made the switch to GNU/Linux using Manjaro as my distro.

Getting the hang of navigating the terminal pretty quick after fixing all the issues I had following install.

What are some must have programs/applications? Music, email Preferably something in the basic repos or AUR and FOSS but I'll compile it needbe.

Attached: 20170228163656!New_logo_tex.png (1378x300, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zk8ScqK-xiE
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_applications
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Gnome

So you switched operating systems for no propose. And now are trying to get someone to give you one.
It's like picking up a hammer and along, "Anyone got any plans for something they want me to build?"

Already using it as my DE.

The fuck did I just read?

Why did you switch to Linux?

To get away from the Windows botnet, Microsoft's shitty anti-consumer practices, and towards using FOSS?

I take it you want general recommendations. Here's what I use
>video player: mpv
>browser: firefox
>music player: mpv (cause already have it)
>RSS reader: newsboat
>streaming: mpv+youtubedl (also streamlink)
>gaymes: steam/lutris

Other than that vary depending on what you need

>To get away from the Windows botnet, Microsoft's shitty anti-consumer practices, and towards using FOSS?
So no actual reason except to LARP that you're a cool outsider that runs with a different pack.
It's so easy now that all your actual computer use lives in a web browser connecting to SaaS operated by megacorps that root about through your data like a pig looking for truffles.
Way to stick it to the man!

Correct opinion

>Linux Killer Apps
Fuck off with your retarded reddit phrasing

People super mad in this thread that their "exclusive" cult isn't so exclusive anymore.

Good call on newsboat. I was already using FF and mpv.

Yikes

Audacious or Clementine
mpv or VLC
KDE Connect
KolourPaint
Nomacs

:you:

I think it's Windowsfags getting angry at OP for leaving Windows,more than anyone else.

Clementine is bloat
Audacious is simple and fast.

You sound like a fag that no one likes IRL.

OP ignore this fag. I hear Thunderbird is good for email etc. Cantata is decent for local music, if not install spotify from the AUR and then google "spotify hosts file block ads" to remove the ads. Avidemux is a decent basic video editor, pinta is a v v decent image editor (its as easy as paint but with a couple of extra features).

Steam has made gaming v easy.

If you're willing to put a little more work into customization, check out KDE.

>manjaro

>You sound like a fag that no one likes IRL.
Sure, why not? Doesn't make OP any less of a fraud.

you have a point, but you cant really blame him for trying. what else could he have done? and please dont say off-grid doom-preper.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zk8ScqK-xiE
everything else in your list is a bare minimun to be even close to a windows os in terms of everyday utility

>what else could he have done?
Nothing. He could have literally done nothing.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/List_of_applications
You should make a habit of looking in the arch wiki for your everyday needs. It is a *really* great resource.