Firefox is planning to offer a premium subscription before the end of the year

techradar.com/news/firefox-is-planning-to-offer-a-premium-subscription-before-the-end-of-the-year

>Firefox is planning to offer a premium subscription before the end of the year

>Mozilla Firefox is already one of the best web browsers in the business, but Mozilla CEO Chris Beard has hinted that a premium-level Firefox experience will soon be available for those who want a little extra.

>Premium add-ons could include some form of cloud storage as well as integrated VPN features, Beard told T3N. A launch has been scheduled for October.

>Beard did emphasize that everything that exists in Firefox as it stands now – including tight tracking protection controls – will remain free. The premium option is going to be for those who want even more goodies in their browser.

>Right now Mozilla makes money from Firefox through partnerships with the likes of Google (for searching) and Pocket (for bookmarking), but company bosses are obviously keen to add a third stream of income for the future.

Would you buy a Firefox premium subscription?

Attached: FF.jpg (970x545, 56K)

Subhead:
>The free version will remain unchanged

Those are all features I don't need.

No.

You didn't actually expect them to offer a VPN and large(I assume) cloud storage for free right?

No, I just think it's interesting that there are now browsers you can pay for

I would, odds are that the cloud storage will be E2E encrypted and decently supported on Android

Attached: a6d.png (2550x1650, 426K)

>Integrated VPN and E2E encrypted cloud storage

I'm interested

reddit gonbe mad

pffft hahahaha, nu-mozilla is way past the pathetic point now, jesus fucking christ

Surely, there's some neo-con lesson to be learned here.Anyone got any straws we can grasp at?

>now

I wouldn't even hesitate to give money for a true privacy, security, and libre focused browser without botnet features.

Unironically same here

>The paid product would be cloud storage, VPN, and the like.
>Firefox itself will not be the paid product
>Trannies just looking to make a little side money for their surgeries

What are the fucking odds? Jow Forums posts fake news again.

right, so the browser is free and you're paying for addon services

what's the problem?

Nothing. Literally nothing

>all the bloat gets added to the paid version instead of the free version
based mozilla

>now browsers you can pay for
... how young are you? be honest, now

F
Since the rise of trannies, the only real use of Mozilla Firefox is to be used to fork.

>The premium option is going to be for those who want even more goodies in their browser.
so you can avoid some bloat by just not paying for it? nice
>Right now Mozilla makes money from Firefox through partnerships with the likes of Google (for searching) and Pocket (for bookmarking)
so they can finally drop these?
>but company bosses are obviously keen to add a third stream of income for the future.
... oh.
so much for 'people, not for profit'

I'd pay for debloat.

Where does it say that the income is for profit? Any sane person would want as many streams of income as possible as backup or other purposes. There's no guarantee that their partnership with Google or Pocket will last forever or if they want to move on from them.

Pointless. I don't need or even want. I'd prefer they REMOVE shit than add bloat.

Again... time to crack and pirate like it was with Opera before...?!

What if we started a petition asking for this shit:
Then posted it on Reddit? You know, putting pressure and telling Mozilla where the real money's at. If it's even there. This all depends on what people really want. The petition better get some signatures.

I hope this thing works well for them.

So Jow Forums?

you don't really know for sure if it's encrypted unless you do it yourself.

If it's cheap it might be decent.

Depends on the quality of the VPN, if it's a logged glorified proxy like Operas VPN.

Whoops, meant Jow Forums.

I don't think Mozilla could create a real privacy respecting VPN because they're based in the U.S.

You mean /s4s/?

I'd be down for the cloud storage if it's E2E encrypted and offer reasonable pricing and storage options. I recently migrated from Dropbox to Sync, but I'm having to pay for 500 GB despite barely using above 100 GB and the mobile app is dogshit, you can't even search for files.

I'm down for good E2E encrypted cloud storage. I use GDrive but I cryptomater it

>Use our 100pc surveillance-free vpn.
>Use our 100pc surveillance-free cloud storage
No thanks

This bloat will be built into Firefox, you'll have to pay to use it but it will always be there rather you use it or not.
>Beard did emphasize that everything that exists in Firefox as it stands now – including tight tracking protection controls – will remain free.
"Your extensions will still work.", lol. The CEO doesn't know how anything with the browser works, its been proven several times. I think offering the service is fine but they are going to advertise it in browser at the very minimum. They forced pocket on everyone, not usage but the bloat and botnet.

>just switched from nightly to brave
>then from brave to ungoogled chromium
feels goodman

>Supporting Chromium’s monopoly

Sasuga

Leaked: Proton VPN is the premium VPN that Firefox is going with

Attached: CE4ADF22-F5C8-4662-9F82-35178A848D3A.png (748x120, 16K)

lol swiss honeypot

Then no point switching to FF Premium to use ublock. They WILL block it on the free version, it's just a matter of when. At least Chrome Enterprise is free to download, and you only pay if you need support.

>he honestly believes this

I just want to support Chromium alternatives bros...

Do I support fucking Safari?

Wait, you're telling me that Pocket is an actual company and not just some dumb feature I never wanted or will ever use?

Kek 11/10 bait

Nice shilling Google poojet

>true privacy, security, and libre focused browser without botnet features
That'd be nice, though every single one of those requirements rules out Firefox as it is right now.

The problem is the majority of people do not give a shit about their data being datamined and to hundreds of companies.

cringe and soros-pilled

Attached: 1559185937639.png (675x866, 495K)

Waterfox, IceCat, K-Meleon, Falkon, Dillo, Midori, Basilisk, Palemoon

>Would you buy a Firefox premium subscription?
No, and I'd also finally consider moving on from Firefox.

Apart from firefox increasingly becoming proprietary and focusing it's resources on proprietary projects.
Absolutely nothing wrong with this.

>The free version will remain unchanged
Yeah fucking right.

this one and

one have it right.

It's beyond....just gone.

Attached: 1546743361660.jpg (1588x1172, 395K)

Same
I'd unironically hand over my shekels to Mozilla so they don't have to debase themselves with analytics or "sponsored" default options like search engines or preloaded bookmarks.

Attached: 1552552513155.jpg (2048x1536, 262K)

Whoever thought this was a smart idea in mozilla does not understand why people use firefox.

>normies fuck off because it’s no longer free
>mozilla doesn’t have to worry about features that pleased the lowest common denominator
>firefox becomes a browser for people who care about privacy and functionality

wtf

that's it i'm going back to the botnet, there's no escape
you said firefox sync was different Jow Forums, you said it wasn't like google
but it is
you LIED to me.

Attached: thats_kind_of_sad.jpg (1224x1060, 259K)

Yeah, sure. Whom are you trying to fuck with this?

Mozilla gets money that they can put back into the browser, I don't have to pay for anything. It's a win-win for everyone, why is Jow Forums so upset?

I hope it's called Firefox Gold, and at least half of the money raised goes towards projects helping the LGBTQ+& communities.

That's a good thing. That's how a "premium" subscription should be.
Mozilla needs ways to make money outside of google.

lmao jesus
get some fucking glasses, blindy

Not interested. TOR ftw.

Mozilla Foundation is a nonprofit, user. Should make it far easier to believe.

Can't they just offer a version without all that gay shit?
Can they fucking do that?
I'd pay $10 a year for a COMPLETELY botnet-free browser.

Attached: 9cb6e4aa.jpg (779x685, 114K)

Time to switch browsers then

Attached: 1539889426589.png (430x761, 736K)

So it's basically free FF bundled with a paid VPN service.
overreacting to something very few people will use and won't affect us in any way.

Can't wait to see what slope this shit slips us down

>free version stays exactly the same
>wants to switch
reading comprehension equal to someone with 80 IQ points

Mozilla has literally been ruining the free version for the better part of the last decade.
They are deep in Google's pockets, and Google wants some alibi browser that competes with Chrome in order to avoid lawsuits, but that's essentially their property.
Mozilla have been bending to their will.

enjoy your second class firefox citizenship, freeturds

No shit, guess why they wanted DNS over HTTPS?

Those who control your DNS track every single site you visit as long as the cache entry lasts. Which is daily or at a lower rate. They have the entire browsing history of every user of every day if the feature should ever turn on mandatory.

Sure they only know domain.tld but that alone is good enough.

free version remains exactly the same

so yeah, I'll be fine, thanks fag

Want ad blocking? That's a fee.
Want no script? That's a fee.

Ah the future. Digital slumlords presided over by transvestite jews.

Attached: best ally.gif (234x234, 1.45M)

>paying money to get spied on
lol no thanks

Well you can monitor network traffic

When starting firefox 67 it always connects to two servers at random, even if you disable updates by using the policy json.
Firefox can not be made to shut the fuck up anymore. Time to search for another browser.
Why is it so hard to offer a browser that doesn't connect to at least 10 servers when just opening it.

FREE
VERSION

REMAINS
FREE

I can't wait for my browser to handle my groceries, laundry, dating, job search and election voting.

>unironically believing this

You're too naive to exist in this world, fren.

is firefox still the best browser to start with if i want to completely get rid of google in my browsing? Can i just delete/turn off every "google" query in about:config or do I need to recompile without google code to get firefox Google-free?

>muh fud and fake paranoia to spin the imaginary drama
fuck off to

RIP firefox
installing chrome as I type this

oh yes I've got an infected toenail so I might as well just lop the whole leg off at the hip

Drip drip drip drip drip

Kek, a persistent one. I like you.

This is a good thing. Chromium monopoly is a very bad thing.

>tight tracking protection controls

Attached: imagine the smell.jpg (4151x4155, 683K)

In 2050 Firefox will be a proprietary software. Mark my words.