Is C# good for making small 2D rpg games?

is C# good for making small 2D rpg games?

Attached: vidya.png (493x451, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unity.com/solutions/2d
exhentai.org/g/558442/cbb4c4b30e/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally anything is good for making small 2d rpg games. Godot supports C# so there's your answer.

Attached: 1551599562859.png (150x233, 2K)

Sure, I don't see why not, unity supports 2d. See the showcase of commercial2D apps in C#/unity here: unity.com/solutions/2d . If you don't mind made fun of on Jow Forums, you can even start with javascript and html canvas using phaser.js or something, if you're really just getting started in programming.

if you mean with building your own engine along with the game, probably. but last I searched there's no up to date way to access directx from c#, monogame and xna are both dead. there probably are ports for SDL and/or SFML though, which isn't much far off from what you'd be doing with C or C++. still one would think there would be a more... "native" alternative, if you get what I'm saying

lol what language can't do 2d rpg games. even on toasters pygame works well enough

If you like random lag spikes when the garbage collector kicks in, sure.

God, I wish that were me.

Vitamin Quest 2 when

Yes. If you target android and iphone you can use xammarin to make your 2d game with c#.

if you want it to run well and on almost all platforms, then no. personally i'd rather choose c++, because it's lightning fast and it's cross platform unlike c# which is windows only (only .net core supported on linux)

I remember C# being much easier than Javascript when I tried unity.

If you have to ask this you're probably not good at making anything

You know that only happens if you're a fucking retard right?

what is ops image? It makes me fill tinglys

exhentai.org/g/558442/cbb4c4b30e/

>psvita
it just makes the picture look old. makes me sad

Do you know anything about object orientated programming? If so, go with c#, it’s a scripting language you can compile that’s highly type and oop based, if you can’t understand things like delegates and interfaces yer gonna have a bad time. I suggest finding your favorite Unix application, and looking at the source code. Then read the c programming language.

Pointers can be in theory explained as such

int x = y = z;

Change one, and the pointer changes. I think. Anyways, go get a trial at safari books online or O’Reilly so you’re sure you get a fight club free book

Game maker studio / rpg maker

You should use JavaFX.

>1 man
>C# + XNA
>10 hours a day
>5 years
>self-made music
>self-made sprites
>self-made millionaire

Attached: stardew valley.png (960x540, 130K)

>one man
>one artist
>one game engine
>$13,083,000

The people making the money aren't the programmers lmao

Attached: undertale.png (220x165, 18K)

>1 man
>overpowered computer
>12 hours a day
>7 years
>self-made posts
>self-made memes
>$0

well the people who make GameMaker aren't starving either.

>c#, it’s a scripting language
???

lol didnt he later say he regretted using XNA? Probably cause it made it a pain in the ass to have multi-platform support or something

programming is easy, even a monkey could do it.
creating the art, music and story, on the other hand...

>c#, it’s a scripting language
That's a rather circumcised argument.

yea he said he wishes he just used a ready-made portable game engine. crafting one from scratch is only good for bragging rights, but adds literal years of development time, and cuts into potential profits of being able to release quickly on multiple platforms. the codebase between all the ports that exist of Stardew Valley now is probably insane, but he's not doing those by himself.

I thought he just transpiled everything with brute. Even all the fucking glitches are the same in console

Making game assets (graphics,sounds,etc.) is always way harder when it comes to making games.

I have several questions bout that picture

what is happening in that image

kek

Many of the music tracks were literally written by other people.
Half of the art was drawn by someon else.
Got a lot of ideas and help with the storyline from his friends in the homosuck circlejerk.
If you want to make a "1 man indie game" reference, Unterdale is a terrible example for that.

>Many of the music tracks were literally written by other people.
And Toby credited himself for them

>small
if you call several gigs of microshaft dependencies 'small' then yeah sure.

>10 hours a day
>5 years
How foolish I was to think I might get anywhere with my flightful fancies. Seems I don't have the dedication to achieve.

Sage goes in all fields

Sure, some of the big Indie ones like Celeste and Fez were written in C# with XNA/MonoGame.

Incorrect, C# games are cross platform if built with MonoGame.

why not use some easy babyshit like python or lua

love2d

This feels like canned response cope. C# is open source and cross platform, along with a lot of its tools.

PSP was my first handheld Wi-Fi capable device, and it was around the time I first discovered masturbation, around the age of 15. The amount of times I used it to jack off is quite large. I still have some fetishy pictures saved onto it.

That's a PS Vita, though.

I used to do that all the time

source?

me

I fucking hate them.
I used GM4 -> GM8.1, it was okay for small stuff without headache.
Studio gives multiplatforms, but is now slow and buggy.
Studio 2 is just absolute garbage.
Fuck Yoyo games, and fuck Overmarks for selling to them.

IMAGINE not using one of the many 2d JavaScript game libraries

it's already in the thread you trombone

I wouldn't suggest using an OOP language if you're making an engine alone. You'll need to do memory management and worry about efficiency and OOP will just get in the way. The advantages of OOP, easy encapsulation so lots of people can work on the same project, are not useful for you

Small-time compared to ZUN.

yeah do an ecs

I wonder if there are retards who genuinely believe this or is it just pure bait.

your cute

my cute what?

there are plenty of people like that

Calling them "people" isn't perfectly accurate.

https gelbooru dot com slash index.php?page=post&s=view&id=2555165

yep about what i expected

based bradposter

>gelbooru
Yikes

What is she doing? Did she spill her milkshake or something?

This.
Should've used sankaku.

user... I...

that link is broken

Like, in general?
Because yes.

Attached: cia.png (305x293, 125K)

The fact that you asked whether a programming language was good for making a game clearly shows you have no idea whatsoever how games are developed.

Fuck Godot. Use MonoGame or FNA.

>cant use xna because of win10
>monogame projects just dont work
what should I use to develop a game?
Im planning learning Lua + love2d