Will the Playstation 5 force everybody to upgrade the CPU?

Playstation 5 is rumored to come with a low clocked 8 core Ryzen2 CPU.

So basically, all the games will be optimized to utilize at least 14 threads (they may save 1 core for the system stuff and etc)

But at the same time most of the PC gaymers own a 4 core system with only 4 threads (Core i5 shit).

Obviously those with a 8th gen Core i5 won't also do the cut with only 6 cores/6 threads.

Even if the PS5 comes with a low clocked 8 core ryzen2 cpu that goes to 3ghz on all cores, 14 threads on 4 threads won't run very well.

I will be probably fine because I own a Ryzen 7 1700 with OC to 3700mhz on all cores.

Attached: Playstation 5.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_(console)
kitguru.net/components/anton-shilov/amd-console-chip-business-is-thriving-margins-set-to-grow-to-over-20/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

is there a way to unsolder that cpu and install it on a pc to get cheap cpu

It won't come with an AM4 socket fucking dumbass.

They will only use one of those chiplets on a custom package.

Attached: AMD-TA-NEW.jpg (2400x1800, 368K)

Did Microsoft imply they'd use RAMdisk to get better loading times? Sony demo'd a "new" form of SSD that's faster then "Consumer" SSDs.

Everyone who belongs here is going to buy a Ryzen 3900 anyway. Waste of board space.

it's the same tech for both consoles i'm guessing, sony just marketed it better

Probably.
I'll just upgrade my i5 8400 that's been decent for the low amount of gaming I do to a 9700 or 9900 whenever the non k models come out

lol no

>jamal expresses his urban opinion

I don't get it

Söyny and Microshit are competing yet they share one manufacturer...AMD

AMD sells them the same CPUs and even GPUs, its just a matter of what Söyny and Microshit wants to do with their consoles

Wouldn't it make sense for at least one of them to go Intel/Nvidia? or are these companies just too good for console makers?

>I don't get it
Judging from your posting style, there's a lot you don't get.

AMD has always been the king of the low end. Intel and Nvidia got lucky and had good designs for high power high cost systems but they have reached the end of their design potential.

>playstation
kek Are they really still making those? I thought they stopped at like 2 or something. Man video games are so terrible. I take it they need the extra power to crunch through the extra bloat?

>games optimized
LOL *sarcastic doubt*

Attached: ▄█▀ █▬█ █ █ █ █ █ █ ▀█▀.jpg (450x495, 38K)

I'd buy it if I can use it as linux desktop.

Nintendo used to buy from nvidia.

delusional

Nintendo still does. Sony used to for PS3.
Microsoft used to do Intel/Nvidia for the original Xbox.
Turns out Intel/Nvidia sucks shit for custom work.

They need all the cores to run all of the botnet.
The low clock speed is because they got a sick deal on shitty chips. Being able to run the botnet all at once was just a bonus. Games will continue to work fine because clock speed after a certain point does nothing, thats why you see gaymers building 3ghz rigs and not killing themselves for it later.

don't worry, terry, the CIA niggers aren't getting you anytime soon

I'm pretty sure they were just using a nvme drive. It's just that the ps4 was never meant to have a ssd so the games developed for it cant fully utilize it anyway. A SSD in a ps4 doesnt show nearly the same improvement it would in a PC title. But now with the ps5 developers can assume it's a fixed hardware ssd so they can load super fast. It's like hoenifnyou play an older game like Half-Life on a ssd it still takes some time to load when the file is like 2MB in total

Literal glow in the dark
Anyone who doesn't have a completely free system with libreboot does not belong here. Fuck off with your NSA botnet.

Why are you finding it so hard to build paragraphs? Let's talk about your education level and country of origin and then we'll know your status here.

>wouldn't it make sense for one of them to waste money
no

t. Mutt
Literally can't even speak your own language.

>doesn't even know when greentext is appropriate
Why are non-Americans all completely subhuman with no self-awareness? Is it the lack of personal agency?

not really, the bottleneck for consoles will always be in GPU (unless there's some fucked up shit like ps3 CPU)

>that image
>that post
you come out of a coma dude?

no they said
>use SSD as virtual RAM

Is the hardware gonna be locked to the playstation firmware/OS?

It would make for a great mid level computer desu, I don't need more than an 8core with modern ipc and 16GB of ram for my desktops computing needs

>Nvidia
Nobody is touching nvidia. They've treated all their partners like absolute shit, and as long as there is even a half decent competitor, nvidia is avoided like ebola.

It's inevitable. Next console games will force you to upgrade.

But I think any buying Ryzen should be fine. Radeon GPUs as far back as 2012 came out kept up with the PS4. Amd Cpu will be able kept up

>Will the Playstation 5 force everybody to upgrade the CPU?
no i already have a 2700x

>Sony demo'd a "new" form of SSD that's faster then "Consumer" SSDs.
Is it Optane?

>>Wouldn't it make sense for at least one of them to go Intel/Nvidia?

>implying competition really exists

They're obviously talking about PCIe 4.0 SSDs, max transfer over PCIe 4.0x4 would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 7GB/s.

Isn't that just swap?

no, it's RROD 2.0

>sony kills all existing PCs
t-thanks

You do realize that modern consoles have absolutely enormous OSes, right? When the X1 and PS4 launched, over a fourth of their RAM was dedicated to OS. Modern consoles commit entire cores to the OS without games being allowed to use them.

amd soc > intel soc in price/perf

>having nvidia as a partner

kek

I think they're going back to dedicated gpus this gen for more power

Flaw with your logic; Not every one games and not everyone plays latest games. So why would they upgrade anything? More to the point why would they buy a PS5?. Consoles and games have both gotten way over bloated and games are kinda shat now. Most games are either re-hashes (Re-makes) of classic PS1/PS2 games that they've totally fucked up, going "hey let's take all the shit that made these games great and lets rework it and just toss it all out the window" so in the end all your paying the $60 for is just a name. Or it's some shat game that only a baby would enjoy cause a baby can't understand that the game is shat in the first place. Then there's the lack of backwards compatibility. You paid for all those PS4/ 360 games right? Wouldn't you like to play them on the new console that cost you $600.00. I sure as hell would.

Im more worried games are gonna need fast nvme SSDs.

>Microsoft used to do Intel/Nvidia for the original Xbox.
No

>games NEED faster storage
why? there are only a few games atm that benefits from SSD in performance (NOT loading times, 0.1% lows and shit)

Go back

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_(console)
733 MHz Celeron and NV2A

Both consoles are confirmed for backwards compatibility.

Because the current consoles use slow hard drives, when developers get access to fast SSDs theyre gonna use all that band with all the time.
whatever, most modern games suck anyway.

This is why the PS2 was the greatest console; It had B.C with PS1, could also play CD/DVD, and PS2 games all in a single console. At the time a DVD player alone would run you $200.00/300.00.

Modern textures are fuckhuge and loading times are significantly reduced with faster storage. Also open world games where you have to load textures in real time experience ridiculous texture pop-in and stuttering when textures don't load fast enough.

It wasn't a Celeron, it was a Pentium 3 with a reduced cache. It's the same size as a Celeron's cache but has better performance.

Will the new consoles put PC builds down for a little bit considering the hardware and promised features?

I mean sure, PCs are great for mods, peripheral support and such. But we're in 2019 and such thing as 4k at 60fps is still quite the struggle with some titles. Not to mention now they are trying to sell Ray tracing hard, which kills the possibility of getting that with even a beefy computer.

Do you really think sony can afford to put a 2080 equivalent gpu inside a 500 dollar console?

What is going to happen is the new consoles aren't going to disappoint and try to cover that up with aggressive marketing.

*are

what are you talking about smelly /v/agrant?

xbox scarlett and ps5 will have a downclocked 3700x and downlocked navi 5700/800

they come out Xmas 2020, by that time that's a low-midrange pc build

Attached: 1523895175869.jpg (1300x1026, 174K)

No? These consoles use midrange parts, as they have for a while now. They're going to use a Ryzen 2 CPU at a low clock and a midrange Navi derivative while releasing at the end of 2020. These components are midrange even right now, by the time another 1.5 years pass they'll be even lower on the totem pole.

>used to
They only did once with the Switch

They only needed that much memory for memestreaming.

>Do you really think sony can afford to put a 2080 equivalent gpu inside a 500 dollar console?
Not who you were responding to, but actually yes I do.
I haven't believe there a strong relationship between the RXT-series GPU BOM cost and the set MSRPs we've or a long time now, even going back to Pascal and the periodic mining crazes that permanently fucked up the consumer graphics demand curve.There is a lot of margin priced into these GPUs that a company like Sony could tell them to knock that shit off and have someone like Nvidia actually listen because they could move enough volume in console shipments to make it work it. Also something like a third or more of the die is bloated with Tensor & RT Cores that do fuck all for gaming even now. Sony knowing the performance won't be there for years to actually justify their inclusion could ask they be stripped out so you could cheaper GPUs with equivalent rasterization performance to current full-fat discrete GPUs.

Attached: mwexohv3w9n11.png (2880x1920, 231K)

Sony is going for ray tracing, though, so they'd probably want those RT and Tensor cores to remain where they are.

At this point hardware almost doesn't matter. It's all about the platform lock-in. You get these exclusives, or you get these ones. Services too.

They could honestly launch a Sony or MS exclusive webstore for PC and just make consoles Windows or linux driven PCs and have the same experience. I'd honestly pay a few bbucks a month to be able to play sony exclusives on my PC

This. A former Playstation exec said working with Nvidia is like going to the dentist. Like, how greedy of a chink do you have to be to fuck over EVERYONE you ever worked with?

Sony's market cap is smaller than Nvidia's. Why? Because Nvidia enjoyed like a 60% average unit margin for the past 2 decades and a 25-30% net margin. Sony aint got shit to say to Nvidia and their 11% margins

No one wants to work with nvidia, they price gouge and start to try to change projects on their whims.
The switch uses nvidia only because Nintendo got a deal on a warehouse full of unsold tegra socs, the switch is just a nvidia shield on a different form factor.

Because their partners are jews asking for dirt cheap margins

kitguru.net/components/anton-shilov/amd-console-chip-business-is-thriving-margins-set-to-grow-to-over-20/

Maybe 20% gross on each unit, maybe. If AMD could move parts like Nvidia they would turn that down too. But for AMD their PC gpus are probably sold for tiny margins or at cost like the VII, so it's better for them to go with something steady even if the margins aren't fantastic.

It's reserved entirely by OS.

I mean the memory reserved to the OS is large so it could do background recording.

That doesn't matter, user. I'm saying system hardware doesn't go towards games, the setup isn't even as impressive as it looks, and it's only midrange.

GO THE FUCK BACK TO /V/EDDIT YOU FUCKING UNDERAGE BABIES

Most likely, but you still have at least two years before anything decent comes out on those systems. Anybody looking to buy a new system in the next 2 years will have to deliberately fuck up to get too few cores.