Is your IT job safe from automation?

Is your IT job safe from automation?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

no

The idea that IT is safe from automation is a joke in the first place. You may be able to weather the direct results but you still have to deal with the droves of freshman graduates from China and India driving everyone's wages down.

Powerful...

The only jobs that are safe mostly employ women. Shit's gonna be bad, especially without a UBI.

>doing something
>for free
JANNY ARE YOU OK?

Lol at IT cucks who don't can't code outside of shell scripts.

You kids should be begging companies like mine to work for free as interns. The experience you'll get is worth way more than any money. Plus what do you need money for anyways?

Attached: Yall_niggas_postin_in_a_troll_thread.png (416x431, 226K)

I do the needful every day, so I'm safe.

do you know how to use a website?

We need to revert the upgradation of the systems.
Please advice.

>upgradation

A pajeet said this to me while I was on the phone to customer services to find out why I had zero coverage at my house for 4 days.

Attached: janny are you ok.png (1280x720, 895K)

>You could have had fully automated space communism but instead you chose street shitting capitalism.

>full automation happens
>literally 70-80% of the workforce becomes permanently unemployable
>women, the primary consumer force gets all their money from men who can no longer work
>economy collapses

the next 30 years will be fun

Attached: uwu~.gif (494x740, 2.46M)

But jannyes are not doing it for free? They get some control and better quality of the board that's equalent to their work.

Imagine the satisfaction of shilling your shit while deleting posts of others shilling shit you don't like. You can't buy that for money.

Even automation gets automated. Jobs like machine learning engineering aren't safe from automation with things like Google's AutoML being developed.

There are still dumb jobs that won't be automated, probably ever, and are still in demand. Mostly services to individuals. But people don't want to wash old people's back, they'd rather be unemployed, I suppose.

Not really in 50 year long-term, yet I wont be working more than 30 more so... its fine. Otherwise my business is 100% safe.

Fuck the zoomers.

go back to venezuela shit head

I can't help but feel automation will be a disaster, and that's a good thing. companies will attempt to implement it way way too early before it's actually ready, it'll fuck up, huge time, and it'll lead to a distaste for automation.

this nigga gets it

it is not automation, it is competition with third world that rots IT

Upwork is a cancer which indirectly promotes lowtech node_modules crap for $5/h

My job is automating other jobs lmao

naive liberal arts major bullshitting

there are non-tech societies like Thailand or India and you know, they manage somehow

kys with your abstract bullshit.

write your own next bitcoin (not anothey crypto for christ sake, but something similarly smart) or something lol

you should aspire to be next Satoshi fucking degenerates, not to have a permanent wagecuking cage to pay for food and rent

fucking imbeciles

*will post for (you)s

Is anyone else scared of the implications of wide-scale automation leading to a successful universal basic income? Total reliance on the government for even the most basic needs could easily spell the end of any fringe political, social, cultural, etc. groups.
>We're sorry sir, but there's some sort of error with your citizen ID number and account. We'll have this resolved soon, but until then here's a slip for bread and multivitamins.

Bump

For the foreseeable future, yes.
Programming is safer than IT, but there's some jobs that come dangerously close to blending the two (like programming on some platform, devops, etc.), and that's where I can see some issues arising.

Until the the Church-Turing conjecture is proven wrong, and they come up with a form of computing more powerful than Turing machines and Lambda calculus, I'll be fine.
Anybody who thinks programming can be automated clearly doesn't know any computer science.

Attached: 1559863445956.jpg (777x720, 135K)

I actualy found "upgradation" used in actual SAP code. Seems all their programmers are indian now

I just started a job using SAP products, WebI and Lumira. My only IT related job. I feel like anyone, anything can replace me.
Any SAP bros here? Does it get any easier?

How do we stay safe from automation bros?

I am a helpdesk Tier 1, about to be promoted to tier 2, and then a pivot into cybersec policy-writing/blue-teaming within the next year, at a smallish MSP with 30 employees and 80 client companies.

So someone please help me figure out how fucked up my life is going to be. Every single Indian H1B that I meet makes me want to vomit.

Kill all the rich people

Literally my job is to automate myself out of work.
Sysadmin, fuck yeah

And no, sysadmins will still be needed no matter what

hi Janny, are you ok?

Attached: cutie.jpg (249x249, 17K)

>H1Bs
Seriously. It's becoming too much..

A lot of work in IT is developing and maintaining the automation, so yes