/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 will released on 7/7/2019. High performance Navi graphics cards will be released later in July. More Navi news at E3.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/#view=zqYr7P
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stop evading your ban

>i7 8700 or 9700K
LMAO

>ASUS TURBO GTX 1080
>Base 1607 MHz, Boost 1733 MHz

>EVGA GTX 1080 CLASSIFIED ACX 3.0
>Base 1721 MHz, Boost 1860 MHz

How dies this translates into FPS? I couldn't find any benchmarks where those two are compared.

In practice, both will be within 5% of each other at worst. The gap will be even smaller if you decide to OC.

The main difference is that the ASUS is a blower and the other has a proper cooling setup. On Pascal, lower temps allow the gpu to boost to higher clocks, roughly 25mhz increment every 5 celcius.

Anyone have this case with a fuckhueg CPU cooler, such as the NH-D15 or the Scythe Ninja 5? I wanna make sure it fits before I buy
>fractal design define mini c

Attached: minic.jpg (620x555, 61K)

Should I get a AMD Radeon VII Or wait for Navi?

wait literally one day for specs on navi christ almighty do you people not do any kind of research fuck

I see, thanks.
I got a 270$ offer for a first one and 295$ for a second one, though I hasn't tried to bargain with the second guy yet.

Definitely get the second. Blowers shouldn't even be considered on a card that pulls 250w+

Damn is this really that bad? The temps benchmarks I found on the internet say first is 82c under load and the second one is 70c.

blowers will always be louder than regular fans, and don't cool as well. Only real usecase for blowers is if you have two gpus right next to each other and airflow isn't great.

>is this really that bad?
82c is terribly close to the throttle temp of 84c, that means the chip will most definitely drop clocks even further if you have a case with bad airflow.

The other one being at 70c is actually pretty good for such a high powered card.

Well shit, thanks for the advice.
Can I overclock with 600w PSU by the way? I'm guessing not but what if. My cpu is i5 2500k at 1.33v.

>Can I overclock with 600w PSU by the way?
Yes you can. Pascal cards are locked down hard. The best you can do is probably 120% power target (300W) or 144% power (360W) for higher end 1080ti's.

That leaves 250-300W for the rest of your system, which is plenty.

Im new to the pc building thing and was wondering if there was anything i should add or change on the pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/#view=zqYr7P mid range 1080p parts list. My budgets roughly 1k. I want a decent gaming pc

Are there any GPUs that spit out most of their hot air away from the PCI-E slot? Or do they all blow air out from every edge?
Looking for blower alternatives for a small form factor case with no exhaust fan.
I saw some Gigabyte marketing materials with inclined fans in various configurations but they seem to have abandoned that idea.

Attached: windforce.png (1400x927, 964K)

Picrelated is retarded because heatspreader fins are orthogonal to airflow. My take is that you can just get a card with fins orthogonal to motherboard ( the opposite of what is pictured) and simply tape the PCI-E and inner short side to get the exhaust you want.

Someone last thread recommended me graphite thermal pads to replace my thermal paste. Do you guys recommend it? No mess, no cleanup, re-usable. It sounds too good to be true.

You loose some degrees depending on specifics of your cooling and pressure.

tear me a new booty. rate this build.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1282x910, 169K)

First off, that picture is just wrong
Secondly, get one which has the fins going length wise like the RX580 Nitro+. Those put a fair bit of the heat out the back of the case.
MSI also has some cards which do that.

At this point why not wait until 7nm Threadripper? Should heavily alleviate the cross-CCX issues.
What are the NVMemes for?
That's also really overpriced for the Titan V. I thought they were price dropped to like 1.5k?

yeah my bad it's the only the titan v i could find on partpicker, im likely gonna seek it at a lower price on ebay or w/e

nvmemes are for virtual memory caching on large scale projects involving particle simulations.and softbody dynamics. i may also try to use it for audio sample library loading in music production since i have 100s of gigabytes for each library (percussions, orchestras, pianos, etc)
i was wondering about the 7nm threadripper because i heard they took it off their roadmap? i haven't found much info even googling but i thought it wasn't gonna arrive anytime soon because of it.

Why are you projecting so much?

Attached: sitewide b&.png (1662x816, 225K)

how fucking often do you replace thermal paste? even if you do replace it often enough, it takes literally 3 minutes to clean off.

stop being retarded.

Holy autism, Brand loyal autismos need to be euthanized.

I'd only use it for a Radeon vii or any GPU chip that has hbm.

When do you think rtx 21xx or whatever series is coming out and what price should we expect for a low end card like 2160?

>i was wondering about the 7nm threadripper because i heard they took it off their roadmap?
Ya for this year. Likely going H1 next year. Likely going to be new boards and shit which pushed it back.

$400

I expect is to be out end of 2020, going by nvidia's 2 year refresh cycle.

>the second guy agreed on 275$ after bargain

Attached: 1516478332756.gif (280x200, 185K)

ah damn i hope the boards aren't gonna be 400+ or w/e. that would suck.

Where to buy used CPUs

Ebay and Amazon.

Ripoff. You can get 1080 performance (Vega 56) for $300 new with warranty.
Saving $25 and losing warranty isn't worth it.

350$ including delivery cost is the cheapest 56 I could buy in my local area. Same for 2060.

This is a Msi GTX 770 2GB right?

Or am i retarded? Just wondering.

Attached: IMG_E0091.jpg (4032x3024, 2.41M)

A picture of the other side with the stickers would be much more useful. That side tells us literally nothing.

Found it on part picker. It's a MSI - GeForce GTX 770 2GB Twin Frozr

My 212 is very close to the glass. I'm fairly sure a nh-d15 or dark rock pro wouldn't fit.

Looks good to me lad. You can easily play a lot of games at 1440p 60fps with that build.

Any decent processors for 200 burgerbucks, was planning on getting a newer Ryzen chip, but the pricing is disappointing.

Intel or AMD is fine.

Looking for a CPU for RPCS3, would it be a bad idea to get AMD?

3600 will be $199
Can't get better than that for the money.

>Looking for a CPU for RPCS3
Fuck off obvious shill. Nobody is dumb enought o build exclusively for badly emulating a system that you could just buy and play with 100% compatibility for peanuts.
>b-b-ut muh 4k
Fuck off.

Is it normal for vega cards to stutter?

No.

yes

Obviously not exclusively you dumb nigger but I don't want to waste money and find out that it's shit for emulation.

Which one to trust? I just don't understand why frame rates are jumping all over the place. GPU isn't running 100% nor is CPU, just don't get it.

Why would it be normal for a card to stutter?
There's something wrong with your setup.
What's your PSU?

Woops, I meant to say 8 core, sorry.

I saw the new Ryzen chip was an 8 core, but it was nearly 350 burger dollars, kind of disappointing when the 2700 was 8 cores for 200.

maybe

do you use AMD software, do you have retarded "RadeonChill" enabled?
Both known to cause massive framerate pacing issues.

>There's something wrong with your setup.
Have no idea, ran perfectly when I was using my rx570.
>What's your PSU?
A 700W PSU.

So get a 2700 if you really think you need 8 cores.

>do you use AMD software, do you have retarded "RadeonChill" enabled?
Well I use the driver yeah, I do not have radeonchill on, it's disabled noticed it was bad when I had my rx570.

>A 700W PSU.
Yeah, which one? If it's some cheap multi-rail shit you will at least need to use 2 separate PCI-E power cables.

Was thinking about it, but I was wondering if there's any other processors in the same price range with 8 cores.

>Yeah, which one? If it's some cheap multi-rail shit you will at least need to use 2 separate PCI-E power cables.

It's called Fractal Design EFFEKT, it has 2 PCI-E power cables.

What case should I get for a new Zen 2 build bros? I'm not doing anything fancy, just air cooling, but want a full ATX rig that'll be quiet with good airflow. I was thinking of the Fractal Define C or Meshify C, are these good options? Are there better/cheaper alternatives?

Attached: Meshify C.jpg (1000x1000, 409K)

Do the 3000 series processors use a different chipset?

Was looking at news about motherboards and they are way overpriced, several hundred range.

>Fractal Design EFFEKT
Can't find any English language details or high res pictures of it, but it does seem to be an old, multi-rail design that is definitely not suited to a card like Vega.

I see, what PSU should I get?

Do you have access to amazon where you live?

>Do you have access to amazon where you live?

Yeah but I will sadly pay extra fees for import and shit so would rather try locally.

Just make sure to buy from somewhere that accepts no questions returns in case it doesn't solve the problem.
Try a Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 650W or Corsair RMx 650W, whichever is cheaper.

Alright thanks.

I wanna get one of those post code pci cards, recommendation for one that isn't just aliexpress chinkshit?

any recommendations for a decent monitor for general PC gaming with a jack output for a PS4?

well then I am not sure, you certainly need the display driver, but the radeonchill and frame limiter in amd software is shit.

Guys I just want new Ryzen

Bros how much longer holy fuck

Attached: 1547221117947.jpg (213x255, 9K)

>Yeah, which one? If it's some cheap multi-rail shit you will at least need to use 2 separate PCI-E power cables.
Can you elaborate?

Not enough to be worth the premium.

Get a 3000 Ryzen with a 450/470x Mobo and save money

yay

Attached: IMG_20190610_105443.jpg (3120x4160, 3.27M)

Old multi rail designs typically only have 20-odd amps per 12V rail which is not nearly enough for high powered GPUs. They usually also have other flaws like only delivering 2/3 of their total wattage over the combined 12v.

fuck off amd shill, Vega cards are still not as cheap as nvidia cards simply by scarcity.

Also when's the last time you heard of anyone with a new gpu (that wasn't an rtx card) needing to use a warranty?

What about seasonic 750W focus gold?

Would be ideal, yes.

Ideal for what though?

...a high power GPU.

Any day now

New build mobo powers on for a few seconds, fan spins, shuts off for a few, repeat. I've tried with two different psus, and stripped it down to just the cpu and fan after removing all usb headers etc.
Thoughts on what might be wrong or how to continue to diagnose?

Attached: 1.png (1736x902, 255K)

That is clearly years old.

Does your mobo have status leds?

I got a meshify C TG white and it does the job well. However I removed the front dustfilter(not the metal mesh but the filter on the mesh).

Yikes. Why would you do that.

Because I got a better airflow and there isn't really a lot of dust in my place.
Plus I blow the inside of the case every month feels kinda pointless since there is barely dust inside.

These?
If so, when it powers on, CPU light goes on briefly, then dram, then cpu blink then dram, for a bit then everything spins down
Each time the cpu light is on the cpu fan revs up

Attached: IMG_20190610_065900.jpg (5312x3984, 3.97M)

Is your CPU actually compatible with your mobo? Seen that exact behaviour with someone trying to run a 2nd gen Ryzen on a B350.

holy fuck navi is arriving today bros
so hyped

>arriving today
What?
You mean announcing.

Hm, it should be. Pc part picker reported no incompatibility. Product says compatible with 8th gen and this is an 8th gen

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-10-07-22-40.jpg (1440x2132, 223K)

What motherboard should I buy ?

I want a Z390 and I don't plan to overclock my CPU.

Should I go with ASUS, Asrock, MSI or Gigabyte ?

Should I take cheap mobo ?

What's the difference between ASUS Prime (cheapest) and ASUS ROG MAXIMUS (high-end) ?

Attached: anime_anime_girls_artwork_Chinese_dress_waifu2x_original_characters-55884.png (1600x1098, 1.76M)

Also I gonna put it an i9-9900KF on it

Attached: cd3zCvFIwXaRE_yplX5DBsoLCsM9NLLsJHihuH_i0bNFNtWPjTxZBkyuzvIL1k6nwXj0kJ2YaHP6kp18a4GN97uu1DTfeKRCi9Xn (500x281, 1011K)

Yikes m8 what were you thinking with that build.
Take the opportunity to return it and rethink.

Idk dude call me retarded but tell me why

No you can't put a 9900anything in a cheapass board.

Don't talk to him. He is mentally unstable.