Freetards drone on and on about how windows doesn’t respect your privacy

>freetards drone on and on about how windows doesn’t respect your privacy
>THIS is literally the first thing you see on a fresh Windows 10 install

kek, is there a group more deluded than freetards?

Attached: 7AA04ECB-666B-4786-A852-5836B087E2F5.jpg (2094x1536, 672K)

Other urls found in this thread:

myce.com/news/german-government-windows-10-telemetry-almost-impossible-to-disable-for-average-user-85501/
account.microsoft.com/account/privacy?refd=privacy.microsoft.com&destrt=privacy-dashboard.
prism-break.org/en/
privacytools.io/
davidyat.es/2016/09/08/gpu-passthrough/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

something something YoU CaNt bE SuRe iTs ReALly OFf

Attached: fixit_or_fuckoff.png (1500x416, 677K)

Why are wintoddlers so retarded?

>the numbers of ads you see won't change

sage

Attached: 936.jpg (625x626, 33K)

>something something YoU CaNt bE SuRe iTs ReALly OFf
>it isn't actually off
:thinking:

*jeopardy music*
the science, and associated technology, of the automatic recording and transmission of data from a remote source to a receiving station for analysis

^
also there's nothing that forces them to provide toggles for ALL the telemetry features

but i guess i was silly to expect such basic critical thinking from a sub 100 iq board

Cute, where is 'off' for updates and telemetry? Sage

like theres nothing forces me to use their shite until they do ? I guess, we are even then

aw you totally got me! freetards btfo
context user

another sage by a kind stranger just for you OP

french fuck

They put this shit out after basically the whole world REEE about their shitty privacy practices and even so do a nigger job (as stated by ) for some cucktard to lick their balls
only on /g

>Basic
>not "No"
See.

You can turn it off as well, but yes it requires digging into regedit.
It's not like you linuxfags also don't have to tweak your shits to get it to working like you wanted to.

based /thread

>can't turn off most telemetry
>lets you turn off some
>turned back on when auto-update happens after you see that screen
downvoted

That's a rather circumcised argument.

what's the argument here?
this ISN'T the first thing, it's literally NOT shown to you unless you specifically click on a button to open this screen, and EVERYTHING IS ON BY DEFAULT if you don't do that, and it STILL TRACKS YOU REGARDLESS
what the fuck are you even trying to peddle here?

>regedit
Using regedit is how your shit gets reset after every update
Group policy is really the proper front end for interfacing with the registry

>twitter meme
opinion null and void. nice try summerfag

>Thinking that does anything
Is there a group more retarded than wintoddlers?

Retard, this thing here is literally because of court order.

Can you prove it doesn’t do anything?

>proprietary software

Nobody can prove what its actually programmed to do. That's the point. I don't think you understand software. Typical of a Windows pajeet.

what are jewish tricks?

Judges...?
Ok, we'll take it. You have the board.

When's the last time you installed win 10? This has been part of the install process for at least 2 years

Pretty sure it saves the settings. Mine have for 3 creator updates. Just don't install any 3rd party bloats to remove any existing bloats. Also you can uninstall almost all necessary "apps" now.

>THIS is literally the first thing you see
nigga, what? it's one of the last thing, literally in your screenshot as well

Attached: file.png (1607x93, 190K)

>actually believing some microsoft pajeet is going spend hours after work trying to side-channel attack gigabytes of telemetry data just to discover which loli you like to fap to the most instead of cruising home in his tesla to his chain-migrated extended family at his million dollar mcmansion

this desu
it's a pain in the ass to actually turn off all the spyware microsoft has in it

Open up wireshark brainlet. It's very easy to prove it's still phoning home and sending Microsoft something.

>You can turn it off as well, but yes it requires digging into regedit.
No you can't.

To remove it you need to dig into regedit AND remove updates AND mess with DNS setting AND set new firewall rules for the services that are unremovable AND delete all your apps. After all that is done you are left with an unusable system since you can't create new users, can't edit current user permissions, can't access the app store, can't use cortana, can't use any apps and can't update cause shit gets rolled back.

Kindly fuck off.

Attached: BKtDHiaCIAAJ1yO.jpg (500x298, 30K)

>be low IQ paranoid freetard
>breaks system because don't know what you're doing

>refuses to send devs any form of feedback
>complains about the state of software 365 on Jow Forums
This is why proprietary software is miles ahead of privacy focused open sourced alternatives.

maybe he prefers sane default instead of a witch hunt

I've been avoiding win10 so far but I'm getting a new >gaming laptop soon and I'm really considering installing Linux on it and just stick to emulators and wine.

But I'm also worried it just won't fucking work because compatibility

I guess the government of Germany are low IQ paranoid retards then.
Fucktard.

myce.com/news/german-government-windows-10-telemetry-almost-impossible-to-disable-for-average-user-85501/
>Windows 10 sends extensive system and usage information to Microsoft and it’s hard for users to prevent it from doing so, according to a report from a German government body that appeared today. The report was released as part of a study of Windows 10 telemetry carried out by the German Federal Office for Information Security.

>The security analysis consists of several parts and in the first part the organization analyses how Windows 10 collects and sends telemetry data to Microsoft. This part has now been made public. The 63-page report provides an overview of components used by Windows 10 to collect data, and also how this data is processed.

>According to the analysis, Windows 10 telemetry by default has extensive capabilities to access system and usage information and to send it to Microsoft. While users can set different kinds of levels of how much telemetry data is collected, there is no setting to entirely disable collection of telemetry.

>“Although users can set different telemetry levels, the telemetry service dynamically allocates existing telemetry sources to these levels on the fly. The service loads configuration data several times per hour,” the German Federal Office for Information Security writes.

>Preventing the collection and transmission of telemetry data from Windows 10 to Microsoft is technically possible, but difficult for the average user to implement, according to the German Federal Office. In a separate document (PDF), the Federal Office explains how to prevent Windows 10 from sending data to Microsoft. However, this is clearly written for advanced users as it includes changing registry keys, setting up firewall rules and using proxies and DNS changes.

Attached: Mommy+Server+book+pages..png (1000x373, 475K)

>>Preventing the collection and transmission of telemetry data from Windows 10 to Microsoft is technically possible, but difficult for the average user to implement, according to the German Federal Office. In a separate document (PDF), the Federal Office explains how to prevent Windows 10 from sending data to Microsoft. However, this is clearly written for advanced users as it includes changing registry keys, setting up firewall rules and using proxies and DNS changes.

I'm sure Jow Forums is capable to do all those things.

>Group policy is really the proper front end for interfacing with the registry
YOu don't knwo that regedit is tehn

why would we want to when we can just use a operating system that isn't garbage you dumb winshill? Also it's a broken piece of garbage after you do all of that, can't you read?
>After all that is done you are left with an unusable system since you can't create new users, can't edit current user permissions, can't access the app store, can't use cortana, can't use any apps and can't update cause shit gets rolled back.

>look kids, some idiot that thinks if you switch something off with those sliders it actually means it's off
>it'll be off till you hit Windows Update the first time after the clean installation
>then all of them return to their default setting of enabled
>99% of Windows 10 users don't seem to know this
>unfortunately not all of them use Jow Forums either because if they did they'd know it now after reading this post
>fucking stupid people will be the death of us all

see second sentence

NO NO NO WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT INFORMATION ARE THEY COLLECTING? WHERE ARE THEY SENDING IT?

FUCK YOU MICROSOFT YOU FUCKING NIGGERS

Attached: 5FA4539E-4C5A-404A-82BA-42FC14431E9E.jpg (2066x1536, 430K)

>using wangblows in 20xx
kek top

Attached: IMG_20190522_094453.jpg (1200x868, 601K)

>being this horribly autistic about nothing

Yes you can pick what you you sacrifice. No you can't turn it off completely, even on LTSC(though it provides more options).

1. that screen wasn't there at the beginning of windows 10, they added it because they got scared that the eu would fine them.
2. there is literally an option called telemetry that you can not turn off, just set to basic.

Alright this thread is just confusing me.

I feel like dualboot OS of Windows for gaming and Arch for privacy/everything else is the way to go here. How hard is it to set up the Windows 10 and not have it revert the telemetry settings every time there's an update? Is the best way to just use LTSC and resign myself to manually rechecking settings/forums everytime there is a massive update performed?

1. They are automatically checked
2. The screen is hidden behind 3 other ones saying some variation on "TO BE EXTRA FAST USE EXPRESS SETTINGS GOY"
3. Those settings do nothing because why the fuck would they?

If you value your time dont use Windows or Arch. Just install Ubuntu.

was it so hard?

Attached: file.png (872x686, 46K)

Isn't getting games to work on Wine a massive cunt though?

Is there an easier way to assure privacy/security/ease of access other than dualbooting Windows and a GNU and having to switch between them whenever I feel the need to play games?

>install Windows 10 Home
>create local account
>set time to foreign time (if local time = 5PM set time to 1PM/1AM and remember the difference)
>set location to USA
>set internet connection to public and metered
>configure privacy settings
>replace and disable Defender
>download and run OOSU10 and Blackbird; disable everything telemetry-related and block auto-updates
>run OOSU10 and Blackbird each time computer is started to ensure settings are not changed (hasn't occured yet except after updates)

Disclaimer: I'm a novice W10 user, with minimal knowledge on its inner workings.

I've used this setup on multiple W10 machines and it works well. I briefly reverted the changes made through Blackbird and downloaded the Diagnostic Data Viewer, re-enabled the Connected User Experiences and Telemetry Service, and ran the program. The attached image is the only telemetry they have collected, at least according to the program.

I've also requested Microsoft to delete my diagnostic data, if they have any, through settings->privacy->diagnostic data and feedback. As I have a Microsoft account that I use for Office 365, I've checked the privacy dashboard at account.microsoft.com/account/privacy?refd=privacy.microsoft.com&destrt=privacy-dashboard. Nothing over there as well.

Assuming Microsoft is being truthful on their privacy policies, I think this setup is safe. I imagine some inconsequential data is sent to Microsoft for the purposes of verifying my Windows install as legitimate and to perhaps test the Internet connection for some W10 services; I'm hoping to check on this via a packet sniffer like the one mentioned. IDK how to use it yet so it'll take me a good while to do this.

I agree with you dual boot is best. I'd purchase a hotswap tray for my spare 5.25 bay and manually swap drives rather than installing both OS's on one HDD; I did that before and a Windows update messed with the bootloader; not fun to fix.

Attached: Untitled - Copy.png (1920x1044, 97K)

it's almost one-click simple with lutris

Which part of "completely" did you not understand.

it's off completely now.

You're in for a surprise then.

>not using arch with sway or i3
top zozn

ok faggot

Depends on the games. If you're trying to play the latest PC games that require the latest drivers+hardware, take advantage of a monster setup and play games at max settings, play a game that uses Anti-Cheat or something similar, or use a lot of mods then I think you're out of luck and will have to dual boot Windows and a GNU/Linux distro. Like said Lutris should help you out if the games you play are compatible.

Another option is hardening Windows 10 to the best of your abilities and using it for everything. Depending on your privacy needs you could follow these steps , store personal data on encrypted external HDD, and utilize non-Microsoft and 'non-botnet' programs and services.
prism-break.org/en/ and privacytools.io/ helped me out a lot.

The third option is emulating Windows on GNU/Linux; I've heard this works well, but you'll need 2 GPUs (1 for the VM, 1 for Linux) and some beefy hardware. See davidyat.es/2016/09/08/gpu-passthrough/ for more information. The info is from 2016, but I imagine it should be relevant.

Attached: 1559834002145.png (300x300, 268K)

i can make a program that sends a popup window that says "there is no keylogger detected on this pc" meanwhile in the background I installed a keylogger. You can make a computer display whatever text you want, it doesn't have to be true.

>the number of ads you see won't change, but they may be less relevant to you
You worked yourself into a shoot you absolute retard.

Changing it to disable only disables the ability to change it in the control panel. It works according to the value that was set, and even 0 doesn't disable it completely which isn't even available on non-enterprise versions.