Senior year of cs

>senior year of cs
>still no idea how to code
>only knowledge of coding is how loops and if statements work
>been barely passing by just refactoring and combining my friends' code into a Frankenstein's monster
>don't even know how recursion works
How do I unironically learn to code to some competent level, for an internship, over the course of the summer?

Attached: bakaren.jpg (1085x948, 109K)

What have you been doing for the last 4 years you idiot? I don't you're be getting a job anytime soon if you don't even know the basics.

Attached: brainletpit.png (1416x1600, 606K)

>What have you been doing for the last 4 years you idiot?
nothing productive

Attached: 1557110242117.jpg (600x340, 23K)

user, i think you should switch careers. try a masters or mba on some other area. then you might still copy + paste some good but make it work for anothr domain. if you haven't learned how to code after 4 years, you're not cut out for it. doing "nothing productive" doesn't seem like it explains it to me. even if it did, it still shows you don't like it

>been barely passing by just refactoring and combining my friends' code into a Frankenstein's monster
You should have been kicked out of the program already on grounds of academic dishonesty. Drop out, you loser.

even if he doesn't, he'll have a hard time remaining employed if he pursues a programming career

Start by doing a project. Make something and put it on github. Whatever problems you run into, either look it up, or ask /dpt/. Programming on your own is going to teach you way, way, way more than school ever did. Also, hackathons are a good place to start.

No one should be using recursion or linked list even if everyone is taught those.

It's okay, really. Neither do a lot of people in the industry. They will beat you over the head with their job title or tech jargon to make themselves look better than they really are.

Pretty funny dude, you won't succeed at that rate. Maybe won't even graduate. Have you accepted an internship yet or do you mean for next year?

OP if you don't get up to speed right now you will end a "network engineer" and post things like You don't want this, do you?

I know that feel

Attached: 35e0de7edb832b563c3e8e524c7c21aa.jpg (440x316, 43K)

who needs recursion when you can dynamically add items into loop

Attached: 1559761160997.jpg (112x112, 2K)

The average programmer is not some hyper competitive elite position at NerdCorp. It's a web dev doing some mundane shit for a normal business. You don't have to be the best or even good to get a job programming.

CS Major shouldn't teach how to code in a specific language, it should teach the fundamentals: math, algorithms, good design principles, etc.

If you master that the rest is trivial.

if you only understand for loops and if conditionals, you're not gonna master any complicated algorithms or design principles

You have a pretty superficial understanding of what math and algorithms mean. I mean, take a good "fundamentals" book like "The Art of Computer Programming" (10000 pages in 3 volumes). It's an awful lot of pages to teach "for loops and if conditionals" don't you think?

that's not for loops and conditionals. that's my point faggot

Don't worry, with how niggerlicious programming is nowadays you should fit in just fine.

You're fucked

You seem to be of low intelligence.

ok sure

Have you tried to learn programming at all? rI'm pretty sure I understood loops and if/else on my first day. Is that really it?

>getting master's in a few weeks
>still haven't made a single project
why did I even bother, I'm a failure

Fuck dude, even in my shitty community college courses they made you write whole programs on paper on the final to demonstrate your knowledge, I severely doubt you could bullshit your way through a 4 year degree without absorbing anything.

You'll be fine, you already know what a dev does 80% of the time at work

>look up some bigger, competently written program on GitHub
>clone the repo
>start reading through the code, adjust stuff here and there to see what happens
Then code some shit on your own. This alone will teach you more than your whole degree.

Attached: funny-profile-pic46-300x300.jpg (300x300, 11K)

What does this even mean? There are network engineers on retarded money

What mongolian basket weaving tutorial video is that image from?

4th year of bachelor software engineering, I'm in the same boat as you.

might work if you already know design patterns, but sounds rather useless if you're on for-loop level.

see, this is why I hate academia. it shits out codemonkeys that can't program their way out of a simple fizzbuzz. that's why most fail at interviews. it just gives them a paper proving that they were able to pass stupid tests of stupid theorical concepts that the academia pushes, instead of actually knowing how to program and gaining an intuition.
from my experience, only self-taughts and dropouts are the only comptent programmers/infosec professionals. And some ocasional graduates that managed to put up with the academia bullshit that dumbs you down. Making 8k€/month after dropping out in the first year.

Attached: 1559246045945.jpg (560x560, 47K)

so how do dropouts like you learn? at least help op

self-taught.
you teach yourself data structures, learn from try/failure and see online code examples and then more advanced programs and you just practise/practise/practise with stuff you want to automate, like scraping or data science. then you start applying for small jobs on linkedin and such and you start to build a curriculum (don't forget to have PLENTY of github projects) and take networking/security certifications depending on your area (optionally). after that, you can start getting senior developer jobs (the only REAL requirement is having letters of recommendation (being a good worker) and having a solid curriculum).
just don't be a lazy NEET and do something for yourself, oportuinities don't fall on your lap.

Attached: 1559068171326.jpg (1075x771, 127K)