github.com/mpv-player/mpv/wiki/User-Scripts

High quality video output profile (goes into mpv.conf):

profile=gpu-hq

Configuration Files:
mpv.io/manual/master/#configuration-files
mpv.io/manual/master/#files

Input.conf:
github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/etc/input.conf

Post your system specs and config if you're asking performance related questions.

Windows Builds:
Stable: mpv.srsfckn.biz/
Git: sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-player-windows/files/

Attached: mpv-featured.jpg (800x343, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ARTORIUZ IS OFFICIALLY DEAD

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

mpv = must protect virginity

>threads keep dying

That shill completely ruined mpv.

I think he has good intentions and it's good to have a GUI for normies if it helps them to make the switch to mpv...
But you're right he shills too much

whats this high quality video output profile

deband + spline36 scaling
Profile gpu-hq:
scale=spline36
cscale=spline36
dscale=mitchell
dither-depth=auto
correct-downscaling=yes
sigmoid-upscaling=yes
deband=yes

Why spline36 instead of ewa_lanczossharp for scale and cscale?

for maximum compatibility (for iGPU for example), but use ewa scalers if you can

Is there a way to use if-else statements in mpv or should that be left to different profiles and adding the logic to . bashrc

Which version do you install on windows (git or stable?)
Do you use the script mpv-install ?

I use the git one since the other one is horribly out of date. I then use whatever version I got for a while and use the provided update script when I feel like it

I don't think he has good intentions. I think there's at least one person in these threads who enjoys baiting people into and participating in low-quality flamewar arguments, and the "mpvnet" guy was probably him. mpv.net was kind of perfect for this because it pits Windows users against everyone else and it also pits the people who use mpv because it's CLI based against the people who endure mpv's CLI interface and would use any GUI no matter how basic it was.

>good intentions

Wrong. The user even delete basic stuff from OP which goes against his position just for its own convenience, like the default profile=gpu-hq, or the Installation mpv official link.

It's obviously deviating (so killing) the general activity on purpose.

Anyone know what DE haasn uses?

this one.
mpv-net.github.io/mpv.net-web-site/

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 7K)

you're not welcome

Fuck off

why the hostility?

How do I block twitch ads with youtube-dl?

What do you mean? When you're playing a twitch stream in mpv, you still see ads? If so then the ads must be baked into the stream and there's nothing youtube-dl can do about that.

You can't.

It's a beta feature on Twitch iirc and seeing how streamlink is able to avoid them, I don't know why youtube-dl shouldn't be able to do so as well. The problem is that there was no related issue or pull request last I checked, so perhaps the devs aren't even aware of the problem.

MPC-HC + MadVR is still the only non-meme way to watch videos in Windows.

Well open an issue then, duh.

I'm not the other user nor am I interested in watching Twitch streams though.

>anything but Windows Media Player
>not a meme

Install mpv.net

Attached: 2019-06-10 13_36_35-[MaruChanSubs] The Night Is Short, Walk On Girl - Yoru wa Mijikashi, Aruke yo Ot (1202x707, 1.22M)

i tried but it was instantly closed. maybe i'm just retarded tho.

Why mpv.net is not welcome, why some people say its botnet ?
How do you update mpv with the script

Read the thread.

>How do you update mpv with the script

doing double click

>I don't think he has good intentions. I think there's at least one person in these threads who enjoys baiting people into and participating in low-quality flamewar arguments, and the "mpvnet" guy was probably him. mpv.net was kind of perfect for this because it pits Windows users against everyone else and it also pits the people who use mpv because it's CLI based against the people who endure mpv's CLI interface and would use any GUI no matter how basic it was.

I don't find this very convincing. Why is mpv.net a bad thing? Surely it's for the best if windows users can do things there way, and everybody else can do things their own way. Wouldn't this mean an end to windows users complaining that mpv doesn't work like a normal windows program? They can use mpv.net and stop complaining now, no?

I don't see how mpv.net is any worse than IINA (which is mpv pretty'd up for MacOS users.)

I mean where the zip need to be placed

quit shilling your shitty bloated shit when there's a perfectly working mpv already available and kys

unzip it and placed it whererver you want it retard

Jow Forums mods need to ban this shill nigger.

Why does /mpv/ make you so upset? Just filter it out with Jow Forums-x if it bothers you so much.

Stfu do i need to download every 7z update and place them in the same folder as update script or something

retard here, how do i config file?

Would I lose anything if I play an HDR movie on a non-HDR display in terms of quality?
Well, obviously no HDR colors but would that be worse than downloading an SDR version or does mpv/OS handles the conversion just fine?

Open the config file with a text editor, then make the changes you desire.

like i said, i'm retarded - how do i know what to write in order to achieve the desired functions

sorry, meant to add that i dont seem to have a config file, so im guessing i need to make one from scratch?

If you're on linux/bsd/macos then your config file should be placed at ~/.config/mpv/mpv.conf

It's just a text file, read the manual to learn about what your options are. For instance you can add things like:

screenshot-format=png

boy, you unzip anyplace, execute the .bat and keep rocking

Replace the old binary with the new one. How dense are you?

mpv converts it. quality won't be any worse.

Thanks

What are some good scaling and sharpening solutions for this thing?

thx

mpv.net is hated around here because it gets shilled without pause, when in reality it's still catching up to basic mpv functionality (just take a look at the changelog, if you don't believe me github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases).

I wouldn't expect it to provide feature parity to mpv proper. Rather I would expect it to provide basic functionality to windows users who get a panic attack every time they have to take their hand off the mouse.

Do you want a sane solution or go full autism?

>I wouldn't expect it to provide feature parity to mpv proper.
Well, but that's what the notorious shill wants you to believe and why it's rather tiresome with him around.

As far as I've seen he's been recommending mpv.net to windows users who are upset about mpv's "no gui" (in fact the libass OSC is a GUI, but let's not get into that now).

Can you give solutions for both

Finally a based thread.

Attached: 1550396652319.jpg (360x240, 28K)

Then you haven't been around long enough. He praises it as the best media player for Windows and repeatedly claimed it's superiority over mpv.
Also, even if we ignore the actual value of the software, at some point you just get sick and tired of one person constantly spamming the same marketing slogans over and over again.

One guy or just trolls keep promoting it in these threads and that turns off some anons. mpv.net is free and open-source, so no botnet there.

Did anyone use libmpv in their program?
What is the best class structure? window, view, layer, helper?

Basic setup
profile=gpu-hq

Advanced setup
profile=gpu-hq
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp

(use lanczos if you're comfortable with slightly more ringing for a bit sharper image)

Slowly entering autism territory
profile=gpu-hq
linear-downscaling=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp

glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_8-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/SSimDownscaler.glsl"

Now completely into autism territory
profile=gpu-hq
linear-downscaling=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4-1.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/KrigBilateral.glsl"

And to go full autism
profile=gpu-hq
linear-downscaling=no
sigmoid-upscaling=no
scale=ewa_lanczossharp

glsl-shader="~~/FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4-1.glsl"
# SSSR with Mitchell params
glsl-shader="~~/SSimSuperRes_Mitchell.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/KrigBilateral.glsl"
glsl-shader="~~/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"

(alternatively add something like n change-list glsl-shaders toggle "~~/adaptive-sharpen.glsl" to your input.conf to toggle adaptive-sharpen whenever you want)

Based.

###OSC###
osc=no

##Video###
profile=gpu-hq
gpu-api=vulkan

# upscaling
glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/FSRCNNX_x2_16-0-4-1.glsl"
scale=ewa_lanczossharp
fbo-format=rgba16hf

# chroma
glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/KrigBilateral.glsl"
cscale=ewa_lanczossharp
fbo-format=rgba16hf

# downscaling
glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/SSimDownscaler.glsl"
dscale=mitchell
fbo-format=rgba16hf

# extra shaders
glsl-shaders="~~/shaders/adaptive-sharpen.glsl"

# temporal
interpolation
tscale=box
tscale-window=sphinx
tscale-radius=1.05
tscale-clamp=0.0

# miscellaneous
video-sync=display-resample

# debanding
deband=yes
deband-iterations=4
deband-grain=0

hwdec=no

>free and open-source
>so no botnet

Attached: 7Ih60Gu.png (1024x1024, 743K)

>cscale=ewa_lanczossoft

fixed that for you

Why is firefox "botnet"? Telemetry is not inherently bad.