*pump dies*

*pump dies*
*leaks all over your parts*

heh, nothing personel kiddo

Attached: 321FEDC6-0021-47AD-96C3-CB90EE60D483.jpg (1200x1200, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JRY0Ri2VoM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

leaks aren't why these prebuilt watercoolers suck. they suck because they cost the same as a good air cooler but are louder and perform worse

I had a thermaltake branded basic bitch asetek unit that leaked at the reservoir inlet after about a year of use. These things are trash. Better off going with something from EK/Alphacool/Swiftech/etc. Or better yet, just get a decent heatsink, since watercooling is overkill nowadays anyway.

Doesn't Corsair's warranty cover damage to your components if the AIO leaks?

>buys expensive overpriced badge engineered chink shit
>so he can move his fans to the edge of the case

Wait I have this one in my PC. Is my rig fucked? It’s been in there for about 2 months now with no issues. And good temps. I fell for the small-footprint meme and I got a Corsair Air-240 case to keep it small and cubular.

they do

*as long as you can prove it was due to their failure and not something on your end, which you cant

It's not going to leak anytime soon but it has a crappy pump which is, instead, going to die soon. Do yourself a favour, get a quality (air) cooler.

AIOs are the dumbest nigger shit meme in the world.

Not only can they break and destroy all your shit, they are also louder and cool worse than good heatsinks from Noctua.

Attached: aASaBWL.png (1583x758, 437K)

I can put webcam into case.

they also scale worse with a good airflow case and high performance case fans than a true good heatsink

based

Watercooling is the biggest meme ever
I swear no one who buys these realises that water is just a method to transport heat and instead thinks "water from my tap cold, cold water cool cpu!!!".
Instead of transferring the heat into water and then back into a heat sink, why not just transfer the heat straight into a heat sink and skip the meme pump?

I got myself a nice cryorig air cooler but it was too big :(

It went in my server and I picked up the hi100 platinum Corsair cooler (pic from OP but white and the platinum version) and it’s been keeping my R5 at like 28 degrees.

Do you have any suggestions for a short (

Imagine having to monitor constantly your PC with a webcam just to get a refound when the aio cooler fucking kills it.

But most air coolers are hideous user. Show me a super low profile air cooler similar in size to the wraiths that performs like a 240 or 280 aio and I will buy it. Notice I said low profile which means no ugly metal tumors that are larger than the psu.

Attached: 1557358827934.jpg (640x628, 55K)

>pc aesthetics
found your problem

Water-cooling is a meme.
Air coolers mostly fill out the width of the pc case, and you can access the parts that you wish to switch out/add-to. (most of the time).
My point is that there are little to no benefits with water-cooling.

Attached: 1557800884634.png (960x720, 439K)

I've been using AIOs for nearly a decade now with no issues. It's undeniable that air coolers have better price/performance, but high end air coolers have just as many clearance issues as AIOs.

user dont pretend you wouldnt buy a fan that was the size of a wraith spire but performed like a dark rock. The only reason you shove a cooler the size of a toaster inside your case and hide it its because its the only option right now.

get a non windowed case and put an anime sticker on it you anime, it will unironically look better and more unique than a bunch of gamer trash with blinking lights and edgy designs

>just hide your case

Just show me a low profile air cooler that performs.

This really shows how great Noctua fans are. For awhile Corsair's stock sp fans have been loud garbage.

I'm also curious about the testing methodology here. Is it a heating element or an actual cpu? If it's a cpu then is it soldered or tim? If it's tim any cooling solution hits a brick wall with heat transfer which could explain why a 140x280 mm rad performs similar to a 120 mm heatsink.

Alright you thicc-tech hating twink fuck!.. . ..
SEE HERE

Attached: big shuriken v2 cpu cooler.jpg (466x291, 16K)

>watercooling
Just stop.

Attached: fagaward.jpg (320x256, 6K)

Keke that wont even keep an oc 1600 cool enough are you a retard or something? I can google "low profile air cooler" too you faggot. Show me a low pro air cooler THAT PERFORMS

>Keke that wont even keep an oc 1600 cool
I think you've made it pretty clear that you know fuck all.

the shuriken v2 is one of the top performers in the low-profile category you brainlet.
Here's another one -
Now get off your ass and do your own research, young man.

Attached: ghost s1 cpu cooler.png (1347x649, 207K)

>While it provides first rate performance in its class, it is not suitable for overclocking and should be used with care on CPUs with more than 95W TDP

From Noctuas product site you imbecile. Still waiting for a cooler of this size that will keep up with a 240 aio.

I use a Cryorig M9i in my 240. Inexpensive and justwerks for my 4790K.
You could always plug your build into pcpartpicker and let the compatibility checker guide you to a cooler.

Do you seriously expect me to believe they did the test correctly? The h150i is a 360mm radiator. The h100 is 240mm. They fucked up their testing.

the fucking stock cooler
youtube.com/watch?v=0JRY0Ri2VoM

this

especially since they're always used on CPUs- the fuck are you gaining by overclocking your CPU that far? I can see if it's a 4790K or something, but it's usually just redundant.

Literally worse than a u9s, which barely keeps 100W CPUs cool

Thanks Einstein Im looking to lower the temps my stock wraith cooler runs at under load. So far no one has posted an answer because a low profile air cooler that can keep up with a 240 aio doesnt exist.

>low profile air cooler that can keep up with a 240 aio
That sounds impossible to do at a reasonable cost

What peoooe fail to understand is that water cooling is actually a slight meme. Yes, you can rapidly transfer heat to outside of the desktop but where is your desktop located? It’s located in your room so the air just recirculates unles you were put build an insulated like that directly outputs the heat outside of your home. That would be efficient.

you are correct. once you have moved the goalposts so egregiously far then yes the aios are superior at least in terms of performance.

>pump breaks
>webcam and drive shorts out

you also need a second pc to power the webcam

You know enough about thermal physics to get that concept but you don't understand the advantages of using water as a heat transfer medium?
Do you consider car radiators to be bloat?

This.
Or well they don't really even perform worse. Good AIOs are about the same as high end air.
I have the Noctua NH-D15 and my bro has a Kraken X61. The performance is about the same, but while mine is nearly completely inaudible the Kraken is loud as shit. If the Kraken fans aren't making a jet engine noise, then it's the pump that's making an annoying clicking sound.
I'd say it's the cheap ass pump in the AIOs that's the biggest issue. Pump noise is nearly always audible if the fans aren't drowning out the noise.

>move goalposts

I have stated the goal since my first post. Very simple: I want an air cooler that is about the size of a wraith spire and can keep up with an aio without being the size of a toaster because jamming a toaster inside your case is ugly. I have been looking for days but now I accept our technology is not there yet. All I wanted was lower noise and temps with a low profile but apparently we cant have that because God hates us.

Attached: 1556690504189.png (71x128, 12K)

If his pump is clicking it has air in it and will die shortly. Shoulda shook it out before installing it

It's been going for like 4 years without problems of any kinds.
I googled about that sound because I thought the pump was fucked, but it turned out many others have it too with that model.
The sound is louder when the pump speed is lowered. Put it on max and it kinda goes away. Not completely though and it can still be heard when the fans are low.
It's simply just a shit design and a cheap ass pump. Seems like weird pump noises are a problem with a lot of the AIOs. Really the best option is to go with proper water cooling or high end air and skip the AIO entirely.