AMD need to price Navi a LOT lower than rumors would suggest or Nvidia will CRUSH them yet again with the absolutely...

AMD need to price Navi a LOT lower than rumors would suggest or Nvidia will CRUSH them yet again with the absolutely, 100% certain launch of the RTX 2070 Ti.

Attached: geforce-rtx-2080-sfg-295x166@2x[1].jpg (590x332, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GeForce_RTX_2060_Gaming_Z/32.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>19 fps in Quake 2
shilltracing is a meme.

they wont, they will appeal to the fanatics and miners.

> and miners
Not anymore.

Vega 56 is currently at 1660 ti price with 2060 performance + a ton of other advantages, so clearly better priced than nvidia.
I doubt navi will have worse price/performance.

>Vega 56 is currently at 1660 ti price with 2060 performance + a ton of other advantages, so clearly better priced than nvidia.
The price isn't the same for me.
The performance isn't the same.
The ton of other advantages? The only advantage there is is 2GB of extra VRAM, while 2060 has ray tracing, lower power consumption and lower heat/noise because of it.

Attached: prices and cards updated.jpg (2220x2516, 1.09M)

techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GeForce_RTX_2060_Gaming_Z/32.html

>2060 PERFORMANCE*
>notes: minus 13 percent

Gaytracing is not worth shit on a 2060 though. Plus you can undervolt a Vega GPU to not much more power and get a bump in clock speed in the process.

No its not

>Gaytracing is not worth shit on a 2060 though. Plus you can undervolt a Vega GPU to not much more power and get a bump in clock speed in the process.
refer to this image
, speficially the custom AIB vega cards.

>Buying Ngreedia
>Ever

>Tfw 60fps in quakeRTX with my 2080Ti.
Game looks pretty for sure, but I prefer 240fps in muh arena shooters.

amd offers no advantages over nvidia. you'd be stupid to buy an inferior product (amd)

You really need to look at JayZ's video about power usage on the two platforms. I just don't like how Ngreedia does their business and scams you for much more money at the high end. Everything they have ever done has been consumer unfriendly and for a few percent less performance I would buy AMD every time,

I don't like their platform period. Their driver software is also pure trash. Radeon chill is also awesome.

>Memetraycing on a RTX 2060
Imagine being this retarded. Nvidia gaymers need to put a bullet inside their heads

It's not just that. It's their entire business practices. Like when they tried to take over AIB's branding. Locking Goysync monitors for so many years etc. Jensen makes me what to punch him in the face every time he goes on stage.

But I guess gaymen don't have such things as principles. They just swallow Jensens cum like it's Gatorade like the little faggots they are.

>want to

Have you looked at what AMD is doing with their CPUS lately?
Did you look at the contents of this image at all I realize you are still in the honey moon phases where you consider AMD flawless and they can do no wrong, but sooner or later that illusion will wear off and you will understand they are a company out to make a profit and nothing more. Just like nvidia, just like intel. The only difference is that they weren't in the dominant position and thus couldn't squeeze you, but as we can see it's already starting to happen with cpus.

>rumors
Stop being a woman and listening to gossip.

Can you make it use the original, non-faggot sky?

Of course they are. More power to them. When they get to 50% CPU market share I am sure they will rise prices even more. But as long as they remain competitive against Intel it's better overall for all of us. Stop acting like you are some kind of smart money merchant educating the plebians big nose.

>When they get to 50% CPU market share I am sure they will rise prices even more.
>it's better overall for all of us
hmmm

Yea. There was a sky option for blue, original, and something else I forget.

Good. All the marketing screenshots for it had this disgusting blue earthlike sky or tangerine sky. Quake II's sky is supposed to be blood red.

G-sync was the first and only VRR solution and it was almost a year ahead of freesync. They deserved to lock it in

>Techpowerup benchmarks
lol

They don't retest any of their cards apart from the rare occasion that a new game is added to their suite. Most of those Vega 56 benchmarks are from launch and performed on a throttling reference model. Accounting for the driver updates, models with better coolers and undervolting/overclocking, Vega 56 comfortably matches or beats the 2060 in all but the very most Nvidia-biased titles (like GTA V).

They lack inteligence. How can one support Nvidia so behemently given all the shady shit they pull? Not even having Apple putting Radeons in their Mac Pros for years can dissuade the normie Nvidiahead. I guess it's a different kind of normie.

A 2070 Ti/Super is just for bragging rights. A 2070 at $399, or even $449 is what would actually crush Navi

No, they will place a high MSRP but offer great discounts, just like they do with ryzen.

>He does not understand how a competitive marketplace works

>intel raises prices
>BAD
>amd raises prices
>GOOD, its just how the market place works
I don't get you people.
I as a consumer care about low prices and good performance. Not "muh corporation gets to increase the profit margin at my cost"

It already is better for the consumer. If not for AMD Intel would've been offering quad cores as high-end mainstream still, faggot. Pay them their dues and build an AMD machine.

fanboys are brain dead, plain and simple.

>If not for AMD Intel would've been offering quad cores as high-end mainstream still, faggot.
And why was the case, because intel had free reign and AMD was no where to be seen in terms of competition.
Now that the position has reversed you are cheering for a new intel, like what is wrong with you, don't you learn?
> Pay them their dues and build an AMD machine.
I already have a full amd machine, I am just not an insane fanboy like you seem to be.

They need to raise their margins to invest in research and widening their market globally. Advertising etc. They ain't doing it for you personally bub. Nvidia do it because they fucking can. They have market dominance so they push as much as the market will bare.

You're just mad because cadaveca calls Nvidia out on it's driver bullshit.
Someone has that screen of dave saying he's been losing frames on his racing game he's played for years to this Nvidia shill

We are cheering for free market competition you dumbfuck shill

I honestly don't get the hate for G-sync other than the price premium attached. I have a 2080Ti and 165HZ 1440p G-sync panel right now that works absolutely flawless. No tweaking required. I used to have an R9-FuryX and 1080p 75HZ freesync monitor. I'd get flashing/strobing light effects if the FPS ever dipped to 45 or lower (which happened all the time with the unoptimized mess that Fury launch was). Even after supposed "mature drivers" and changing out DP cables, it still happened. I also remember having to flash an aftermarket BIOS so I could downclock the card so it wouldn't run nuclear.

It always seems like AMD gets their shit together on the GPU side months after launch. Beyond the time I'm willing to wait for a supposed premium product to properly perform. Wish their GPUs would match the resurgence their CPUs are getting

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO

Attached: 1560000513821.png (1283x718, 405K)

>They need to raise their margins to invest in research and widening their market globally. Advertising etc.
And I as a consumer care about this how?
I care about a product and price. Them acting in their self interest so soon after coming out of being irrelevant for years does not put me at ease.
>They ain't doing it for you personally bub.
>they aren't raising the prices and profit margins for your personal benefit
No shit, they are doing it because they are a business, same as intel same as nvidia.
>Nvidia do it because they fucking can.
You mean literally what AMD is doing right now? "because they can get more profit, they are increasing the prices to get more profit from you"
> They have market dominance so they push as much as the market will bare.
Yeah and amd is doing that as well, except they haven't been dominating the GPU scene for years.

>why was that the case
Gee, I don't know. Maybe if Intel didn't engage in anti-trust AMD wouldn't have fallen for so long.

>insane fanboy
Yeah because buying Intel swiss cheese is ok for the normal Intel advocate

G-sync is superior no doubt about it. It would be totally fine if all they did was charge a premium.
What's scummy is that your display won't support standard vrr if you decide to switch gpu brands one day.

>We are cheering for free market competition you dumbfuck shill
Sure doesn't sound like it.
The general impression you leave is you are cheering for AMD and amd only. Not the freemarket competition.
And back to my point, why as I as a consumer should be happy about paying more?

>My selfish, money grubbing is the only thing that matters to me. Fuck the market and everyone else.

Enjoy your $3000 RTX 3080 Ti Super Fuckfest Editioon goy.

b-b-but amd good nvidia bad
so amd price hike is good

>looking out for self interest
>selfish, money grubbing
what the fuck

>Maybe if Intel didn't engage in anti-trust AMD wouldn't have fallen for so long.
So why didn't they engage in "anti-trust" again then?
The realisty is that AMD cpus were shit and thats why nobody bought them. Now with ryzen people are buying them again.
It's almost like having a good product is vital to have people buy your product.

>Yeah because buying Intel swiss cheese is ok for the normal Intel advocate
>ca't even read the part where I said I have a full amd PC
boy, I'm done with you insane people. just nonstop shitposting.

I want Nvidia and Intel to compete you dumbfuck. But without any competition for the last 10 or more years we had the situation of 4 core 14nm+++++++ for stupid prices for years. They literally sat on their laurels and stagnated because AMD were not competitive.

I'm done arguing with you you moron.

he literally imagines people as nvidia/intel personified.
So he isn't arguing with another person, but an ideal given voice itself.

There is self interest then their is dumfuckery arguments against competition which progresses technology and offers you better value down the line.

I hope you stay on 14nm++++++ and overpiced Nvidia forever.

>They literally sat on their laurels and stagnated because AMD were not competitive.
Which is why you are celebrating that AMD and intel changed places and now intel doesn't compete and AMD can rip you off.
Make no sense.

>I want Nvidia and Intel to compete you dumbfuck
Well, guess what? It has already happened because of ryzen.

It happened only because amd got off their asses and released a compelling product, not because they decided to charge more.

Dumbest argument I have ever read.

Vega 56 is beneath the 2060 and is also a housefire waiting to happen

>intel has an 80% marketshare
OY VEY WHY AMD NEEDS A 20% MARKETSHARE.
>15% MARKETSHARE IS FINE.
>WELP, THE ANTI-SEMITES WANT AMD TO HAVE A10% MARKETSHARE
This is how you sound

Because the original g-sync fpga controller predates adaptive sync which is used for freesync and iirc they only updated their gsync controller once, recently to add HDR and some variable override shit for Gsync ultimate or some shit to adjust overdrive based on refresh rate. Besides why would they want a competitor to use gsync brand monitors with freesync when gsync is a higher premium certification with rigorous testing done by nvidia themselves, whereas freesync isnt test by AMD apparently. They'd be putting in extra work to benefit competitors when the entire point of gsync is to sell more cards. And if some buttmad tard switches to AMD and finds the freesync implementation doesnt work well they'll trash it in reviews which is harmful to the gsync ultimate certification.

>i care about a product
>i dont care about R&D
Intel shills

Buy the expensive shit goy. It just werkz.

Can't wait for the AMDrone cope when Navi flops.

Why? How do you profit from it apart from meme shitposting on Jow Forums?

>amd has no market share
>they already increasing the prices on their products to increase profit margin because they feel inte can't compete
>I really want to get ripped of by this new bold AMD that even with low market share is fine raising prices
this is essentially how you sound

I as a consumer pay for the product. It's not my job, my buisiness to produce funds for AMD to do R&D.
How you can defend AMD in them raising prices because "muh R&D" while at the same time hate nvidia and intel for doing the same is beyond me.

I'm fine with paying $100 more for a GPU that I buy every 3-4 years in exchange for all the AMDrone asshurt, it's worth it.

>>intel has an 80% marketshare
>OY VEY WHY AMD NEEDS A 20% MARKETSHARE.
% MARKETSHARE IS FINE.
>>WELP, THE ANTI-SEMITES WANT AMD TO HAVE MORE THAN A 5% MARKETSHARE
This is how you sound

>$100
kek

>literally not a single game without gameworks
>techpowerup

As opposed to have Intel increase the prices for the same quad cores? I find AMD's offer to be the better deal.

>i as a consumer
Because Intel was raising prices for the same quad core Sandy-Bridge rebrand. See why you are retarded?

checked

It literally does. Gsync 120hz monitors were close to perfect at launch. Freesync monitors at launch were all awful and took a year or two to get remotely good.

>8 core for the same price as 4 (prior to 8700K)
BUT MUH GHZ!!!

The 2080Ti is over 1k product but not long ago the 580Ti was $500.

AMD were not to blame for that other than allowing monitor manufacturers free reign over specs. But it allowed gamers even on a budget to enter the VFR market.

So Intel doing wrong to customers justify the same behavior from amd? I don't get your logic.

>As opposed to have Intel increase the prices for the same quad cores?
I told you, it's bad if intel does it.
It's bad if amd does it.
It's bad if nvidia does it.

But you seem to think
>it's bad if intel does it.
>based
>It's bad if nvidia does it.
>based
>It's bad if amd does it.
>CRINGE! DUDE AMD NEEDS MONEY TOO FOR R&D, GOD YOU STUPID CONSUMERS GIVE MONEY TO AMD THEY NEED IT!
how is this a sane stance, while being a consumer?

Yea with the worst possible experience. Nvidia explicitly tests all gsync candidates for quality and rejects anything that doesnt meet their certification. AMD put 0 effort into it and still does, they just let oems figure it out for themselves and freesync 2 is still behind gsync ultimate for a reason. Nvidia whips bad oems into shape, AMD says "whatever we believe you"

Like I said. It offers more options and means you don't have to be a high earner to enjoy some of the benefits of VFR. You've shown your true colors (which is what I had intended). You are a technology snob.

this

You amdtards were the ones saying gsync shouldn't exist or its shit because it doesnt cater to lost common denominator and you cunts have the gall to call me the snob? No one's saying freesync shouldn't exist, I'm saying it's perfectly fine for gsync and gsync monitord to be a high end gated technology because they actually put a lot of work into ensuring its quality

That's a false equivalence. Intel was already raising pricing for quad cores. AMD keep increasing core count. Quad cores are cheaper now instead of increasing in price.

>its bad for whoever does it
Cool with me but remember quad cores are now cheaper than they were and we getting double the core count now so your price increase is retarded.

>Le goalpost shifter

>muh quality
>from people that give you washed out visuals with aliasing gimmicks
>from people that literally reduced image quality to boost fps in the past

Ryzen 1600 is $118
i5 7600K is $299

Look user, I got a g-sync monitor too but it's BS to say that everything about it is right.
I don't know what kind of mental gymnastics you got through to justify vendor lock-in.
Maybe take a step back and see it objectively and not accept everything as is... who am I kidding

Unlike nvidia ATI was literally caught red handed doing it by tech sites, where as accusations against nvidia are just retarded fanboys who used hdmi and didnt set color range to full, something that's been known for over a decade

>ATI

>Nvidia has a well documented issue that has no reason to not be fixed and has had it for over a decade

>caught red handed doing it by tech sites
doing what? Introducing aliasing gimmicks and reducing visual quality to boost fps? kek. You do realise that it is nvidia that benefits from aliasing gimmicks right? Amd cards fare better with aliasing turned down/off and pushing res+render scale. You're basically saying that ATI used something that gimped their own cards in order to appear better. Literally talking out of your ass here moshe.

>you're a fucking guy subhuman if you buy gsync you paypig! REEEEE
>its more expensive but it actually has standards
>REEEE YOU FUCKING GOY
Neck yourself

If you want freesync just get a freesync monitor. There's nothing wrong with gatekeeping a technology that they continuously support and develop. Why do you even buy games if you're that against lock in? Almost all major games are locked into windows, only a handful of games support linux and even among ones that do they're poorly ported except valve games. Maybe AMD should open up their X86 IP? Nvidia reportedly wanted to emulate x86 on their Denver CPU but couldn't get a license so they settled for ARM. We could have had 3 CPU makers

>ATI
BUT THEIR LITERALLY THE SAME COMPANY YO!
>End sarcasm
Nvidiots love the reach around.

>babby doesn't know about ATI's quake 3 "optimized" drivers
I forgot I was dealing with 12 year olds from leddit

All I see is a salty Nvidia shill

>AMD offers same performance for half the price and twice performance for 150% the price
>bad
>somehow it's ok when intel and nvidia decide to charge more for same performance
Why don't you just kys?

>reading up on settings is too hard
>PCs should be like consoles I'm too dumb to Google why my contrast might be low when using hdmi

I'm not even sure what a tard like you would do with TVs. TVs today still have the same issue of forcing input to a gear down mode eith limited bandwidth depending on the source, and you have to manually change it to full signal in settings.

Having sane default setting is a reasonable expectation, not having full is nota sane default setting, it's an issue, one that you have to deal with every time you update or install an NVIDIA card.
I don't even think this has ever been relevant on monitors, and the vast majority of people are using monitors not TVs.

>specifically optimising drivers for gaymes is literally the same as reducing visual fidelity
>setting aside aliasing gimmicks is the same thing as reducing visual fidelity
>Literally what I pointed to in my previous post
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
That fucking reach!

>shilling your extra fps benchmarks every where with your shitty visuals
>wtf goy! you can easily tweak it by yourself if you try hard enough. This is a literal non-issue!