RX 5700 XT

videocardz.com/80993/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-official-gaming-benchmarks-leaked

6 hours until reveal. Discuss

Attached: AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-Benchmarks.jpg (1200x641, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xlQokQsbKlc
youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If they price it right, which isn't hard considering how fucked the 20xx pricing is, it'll be a good option.

I still want my fucking highend GPU.

>1440p
>when even the xbox one X can ALREADY do 4k

lamo

5900xt or go home

>blower fan

Oh no no no ahahaha

>not XTX
learn how that naming scheme works.

>2070

Based AMD competing with 4th tier products from their competitor.

Everything depends on the prices.
I can get a good aftermaket cooled 2070 for 505.
So considering the fact that it's a blower style card, it must be remade by AIB partners and given some kind of 2-3 fan cooling solution, that I imagine would take at least 50$
Since the radeon 5700xt lacks ray tracing, it would need to a bit cheaper as well.

So for me personally if the card costs anything over 400$ I will literally never buy it. More so when Nvidia can just lower prices with their super lineup.
So if they price it 200-300$ I would say I personally would buy it. Above that it's very questionable. And 400$ and above is literally pointless release.

Really hate that it's a blower though, it pretty much means that any good coolers for it will take an additional 1-3 months to hit the market.

>how that naming scheme works.
how does it work

only a handful of games are actually 4k on any console, the vast majority are upscaled 1440p to 4k sometimes even lower. no one noticed it because console peasants are fucked int he head and the upscale implementations are always much better than nvidias dlss.

hype

Attached: Lisa Su threadripper.jpg (1757x1129, 177K)

I'm not waiting for some miracle or anything, I just hope it's not Another Massive Disappointment.
I wanna buy build a desktop later this year and I don't wanna be forced to buy Nvidia.

I love Buildzoid.
There aren't many games on XBX that hit 4k, 60fps and actually look graphically impressive. The only one coming to mind is Forza Motorsport 7.
As long as it's priced to compete, it's fine. I still want a proper 290x successor though.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-10 AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT picture and specs leaked.png (864x782, 69K)

>blowing dick
lel

the XT is usually the non-Ti . XTX is the Ti

>priced to complete
you already forgot radeon VII?

300 usd for 5700 or i'm not gonna upgrade from my rx 480 8gb

Attached: 1528864478731.jpg (500x464, 47K)

For real though, why did they use a blower type card.
Give me one reason as to why, it makes no sense.
Look here so many points that show why this decision is retarded.

So what is AMD thinking?

I think ot will undercut the 2070 a bit, but I also think Nvidia have enough room to cut their pricing, even with their huge dies. The Super Edition will occupy the current pricing. For what possible reason is AMD going back to blower fans after the open air Radeon VII? Plus what the fuck is with the naming? Why would you have 4 (four) digits AND two letters afterwards? Two 8-pin connectors for ~275mm2 die?

No wonder Nvidia's taking their sweet time with their 7nm

>Why would you have 4 (four) digits AND two letters afterwards?
Indeed. Either go with 57 and 57RX.
Or something like 5700 and 5750 or something.

>only 5% better
>2070 super about to be announced

>is quite
What did he mean by this?

will it be £300 though

>needing to create a fucking Nvidia online account to upgrade drivers and use shadowplay

rofl

You don't need an account to upgrade the drivers. You don't even need to install GeForce Experience

GAMERS RISE UP

>>needing to create a fucking Nvidia online account to upgrade drivers
That's false though, you don't need to do that.
>and use shadowplay
There is some work arounds that where essentially you use an older version of Gforce expereince. OR just use a free version that is superior like OBS.
But I agree on you with this point, they are fuckers for doing this to their customers.

>The new picture of RX 5700 XT confirms that the card has dual 8-pin power connectors.
>Blower fan

AYYMD HOUSEFIRES

youtube.com/watch?v=xlQokQsbKlc

youtube.com/watch?v=u5YJsMaT_AE

>buying stock cooled gpus
>ever

Supposedly AMD chose 5000 series because of muh 50th anniversary but where in Radeon RX 5700 XT do you see ANY semblance of "50th" anniversary? I get that they can't call it Navi 40 a la Vega 56/64 because the CUs are now built differently but come on. If you must include the XT because of muh heritage why not use just three digits?
508 XT
507 XT
and so on

AMD makes the hardware for both.
> General purpose computer vs. A dedicated embedded system architecture optimized for one specific task
Brainlet detected.

It's pretty obvious that AYYMD overvolted and overclocked the shit out of Poovi again just to be competitive with RTX 2070 that only needs 1 8-pin

Just wait, AYYMD goyim

because the 5700XT could spawn a 5750XT, 5770XT, or 5790XT in the future.

>tfw 5990XTX happens.

I prefer blower cards because it dumps the heat outside of the case vs spilling all of it into my case w/ no regard for other components.

Blower design is better than 'fuck yo' case triple fan OC'd to hell power hungry meme GPU cooling.

at least AMD can now compete with similar clockspeed and ALUs

is this GPU more closer to Polaris than Navi?

Just depends on price. If it's the rumored $499 (more like $550 for a good aftermarket version) they can go fuck themselves no one is buying that.

Considering high end Vega64s are going for pic related they need to price it aggressively otherwise there's no fucking point. You'd be getting essentially the same performance for the same price as last gen.

Ideally this needs to be $399 to really shake the market up. Anything more and it will fail. Nvidia will just easily counter it with a 2070ti

This is a 40 CU card. So it has a lower number of SPs than the Vega 56.

Attached: vega-56-mod-fc5-1440p.png (810x912, 82K)

Attached: Xfndge3.png (316x513, 78K)

Yeah, AMD still has issues w/ their GPUs man.
They are running this on 7nm and still are drawing gobs of power and coming in at 2070 performance? Either this is binning or AMD still has a flawed GPU architecture. As far as Nvidia holding back on 7nm and being absolute niggers w/ their pricing. They're welcome to do that all they like. They won't be getting my money. I game at 1440p at high settings .. I actually downrate an 1070 and am more than fine w/ performance. No way in fuck I'm paying an absurd price for non 7nm cards. Other idiots can do as they like. However, no one's getting more of my money until they produce solid 7nm designs and cut the power utilization significantly.

Just overclock, undervolt, delap, flash bios to get same results as a 1 year old card goy!

Fucking this, and add 25% VAT idot EU tax scam and it will cost 600 bucks in Sweden or more because our retailers scam even more

300 bucks for RTX 2070 performance or I will not buy

For multi-gpu, blowers are the only way to go. Faggots who only play vidya on their computers won't understand. Such faggots likely jerk off more to OC's and benchmarks than actual gaming for which you don't need a serious GPU even at 1440p. A 1070 is more than sufficient.

>Just depends on price. If it's the rumored $499 (more like $550 for a good aftermarket version) they can go fuck themselves no one is buying that.

Pretty much this. If AMD think they can start milking now ima vote with my wallet and skip this generation.

But these are vidya cards whoever does compute stuff will buy the pro cards

>I prefer worse cooling for my GPU
>I prefer worse performance form my GPU
>I prefer MORE NOISE from my GPU
>but at least my case isn't as hot because I have zero case fans
Lad, any sane person would get 2 case fans and get superior performance, cooling, noise with a non blower card.

>let me post a benchmark with vega running on +300% power draw to show how good AYYMD is

^this.. Even then, i'm not on the market. My 1070/1080s aren't even being maxed @ 1440p. I would love to have 1080 performance at half the power utilization but neither Nvidia or AMD are focused on that... so fuck both of them.
The more I think about how much they fuck EU consumers the more I realize this trade war/tariff bullshit is just another way of them slowly adding VAT in America.

Yeah but you don't need 4 digits. You don't need the 0 at the end. Plus you lose the 50th anniversary angle. A 50x + XT scheme gives you 18 SKUs. More than enough. Leave the XTX for the halo. RX 509 XTX for example

even 399 is too much.

30 fps upscaled on low settings doesn't count for PC gamers you fucking peasant.

Anybody can play 4k on a 1060, not everybody wants to.

I do AI research and I don't use pro cards because there's no benefit and they're stupid expensive. The major difference is literally drivers... And no I'm not going to argue about this because i've worked at several companies in varios departments and know for a fact that there's no big difference beyond licensed drivers and software that grant access to the same hardware that's on consumer boards. I do compute w/ multi-gpu. Blower cards are a must. For the faggots who only play vidya, go buy a crayola colored 3 slot taking 6 fan MSI card. That's what they're for. Reference is reference and should forever remain blower.

$399 is good that's the price of a good 2060. The 5700 will be a good 20% faster than the 2060 so that's a decent performance jump for the same price.

At $449 it's not going to sell much at all. At $499 it's DOA

You forgot the "just wait for the drivers to mature!"

>At .... it's DOA
That's what everyone said about rtx....

VII didn't allow custom pcb or coolers because of the tdp and the vega shit show.

Blowers are back for oems to strut their stuff with custom cards. Buildzoid is a moron. It's a business driven decision

The difference is AMD doesn't have the endless hordes of mindless consumers that Nvidia has. And RTX has sold significantly worse than the 1000 series.

RTX doesn't sell shit though

low settings on consoles=ultra on pc

Attached: 1433098239865.png (1920x2300, 2.48M)

>youtube video image
4/10 b8

>VII didn't allow custom pcb or coolers
A custom PCB is basically pointless on the VII as that shit is built to survive insane power draw. What is bullshit is not allow AIB's (read: sapphire as fuck everyone else) to slap their cooler on it.

A VII tri-x would be a fucking MONSTER.

>best gpu for gaming
>comparison does not include 1080ti, 2080, 2080ti or any titan
this one has to be fake, that would at least be misleading and probably outright false advertisement

>Blower design

Attached: 1.jpg (1917x2558, 1.24M)

and it still doesn't stutter like you *dab

Attached: vega-56-mod-f118-frametimes_1.png (747x371, 38K)

Come to think of that why are they even making ref models at all?

Like why do the refs exist?
They should just launch everythng as they did 580.

>I prefer worse cooling for my GPU
I prefer they design a chip properly so I don't need a nigger tier 3 slot heatsink with 8 fans dumping 100s of watts of heat inside my case, blocking PCIE slots that I need to use, being a hairline taint away from cards that cost $1000s of dollars, blowing serious heat all over my fucking nvme drives causing them to slow, spilling heat all over my case causing all of my other components to heat up...
>I prefer worse performance form my GPU
I prefer a manufacturer learn how to make an adequate chip that performance without gimmick cooling solutions same as I prefer for my CPU, nvme drives and every other component
>I prefer MORE NOISE from my GPU
There's not a single person I know who does work or games in a completely silent environment. Fan noise is a meme/talking point of 100% FDA approved faggots who stare at their computer as opposed to using it.
>but at least my case isn't as hot because I have zero case fans
I have 3 140mm intake, 1 140mm outlet, 1 120mm outlet on an airflow case. I have 3 or 4 GPUs and/or 3 nvme + 2/4+ nvme pcie card
NO, I do not want 3 GPus dumping 700Watts of heat into my machine ... faggot.
> Lad, any sane person would get 2 case fans and get superior performance
I have more than that
> superior performance, cooling, noise with a non blower card.
I do actual compute workloads not jackoff to cinebenchmarks, and buy 3 slot GPU cards w/ fans that extend into the forth. I'm not a gaymen faggot like you. Any other stupid comments?

lmao

Attached: Not even bait.jpg (199x200, 9K)

So what cards do you currently run?

ummm, sweetie ... rtx isn't selling and I have no plans on buying one even as the price drops because an upgrade would require 7nm, significant power drops, non-meme power sipping features like ray tracing, and a slew of other changes.

The 580 just reused 480 coolers. It was basically a slightly higher clocked rebrand, aka 7970 ghz edition

Why can't AMD just make a 2080Ti killer with a 800USD MSRP that doesn't sound like a jet engine afterburner?!

>reference card = the only option

>329$
>

My prediction is it will be priced at $500. Just like Vega it will be loud and power hungry, except this time there will be no mining boom to artificially jack up demand.

The 5700 will go the way of the Fury. It will launch, no one will buy it and a couple of months later it will go on sale for $100 less.

>2080ti killer

Navi cards will barely be able to keep up with rtx2070

Because novideo would still sell better

kek absolutely 0% chance for any of that.

>barely be able to keep up with rtx2070
>the shittiest one going in consoles is already more powarful

ok

Next year, by which point Nvidia's 7nm revision of Turing/Ampere/whatever is close to launch too

yeah i know, Navi won't sell much in any case

Which part of two 8-pin power connectors mean

Whats the price? I like nv cards but not Huangs price policy
I'd buy the best 300-350$ card, Im not paying 450+

Attached: 04e72e65f35ad1d3546afe3431e1cc96d698772dbc9eb381446a450f60591a7d.gif (197x197, 874K)

>rtx isn't selling

Attached: Best selling gpus.png (995x2765, 1.56M)

It's 2 8-pin power connectors, faggot

It's consuming 300W for RTX 2070 performance, Poovi is a massive FLOP and FAIL again like Poolaris and Pooga

This was Adored's $249 card right? What happened to that pricing.

1070s/1080s/1070tis for the obvious reason that they have near the best performance/watt and don't have gaytrace sipping gobs of power. The nearest quadro in comparison to that performance is almost double the price for 'pro' feature I don't need or want. Meanwhile, a lot of the hw features present on the pro are present on the consumer. They're just locked off by firmware/drivers. Quadros are downclocked vs consumer. Thus, you have to go 1-2 steps above the consumer grade for similar performance. There are two features that make sense for my workloads that are present in quadro cards but its a nightmare to utilize, has poor dev support, and depends on the motherboard/cpu layout to exploit. I game on a 1070 and lock FPS rate to about 1/2 of what it can do so the card doesn't sip so much power. I game on a 27" 1440p monitor 60hz. 1070s can handle that on high/ultra even at 1/2 their performance.

If nividia gave me 1070/1080 performance for 1/2 the power utilization as the current cards, they'd have my $$$. The rest is a fucking gimmick for fucbois who watch capeshit and rick&morty.

According to the Sapphire PR leak $499

Attached: mygf.jpg (871x871, 71K)

AyyMDtv Jimbo was right tho. console APU's are higher CU parts while shitty cutdown version is going into mainstream. its cost effective, AMD has no money to lose

>for $500.
DOA.

Adored is full of shit doesn't have any sources and is just making shit up for Patreon bux. Can't believe idiots still fall for his scams even after he has been proven to be completely retarded time and time again.

> 7nm
> Cut power utilization big time
Then we talk. Until then, Novideo is in the same boat as AyyyMD as far as i'm considred. Overpriced and uses too much power.

what are clueless console retards doing on technology board?
upscale/checkerboard garbage isnt even close to real 4k

Vega56 is the white mans card. fuck off poovidia

Attached: virgin 2060 vs chad Vega56.png (605x821, 29K)

so the consoles are gonna have a 600-700$ gpu in them ?

That doesn't make sense because.... how are they going to cool it in a console

Vega56 is based. For $300 there's no better deal out there.

>Fucking this, and add 25% VAT idot EU tax scam and it will cost 600 bucks in Sweden or more because our retailers scam even more
You think thats bad, I live in a 70% near poverty tier country (our statistics prove that) and our prices are regularly higher than Sweden.
Think about that for a second, we earn less, 70% of population is near poverty and yet our prices on GPUs hardware in general is higher with zero sales.

You missing something because you have a low IQ... The best sellers are the poverty tier cards because there's a cutoff point at about $400/$500 for most.

The next point you're missing is that relative rank doesn't reflect volume. The #1 card could be selling 2 units a week or 2 million.

DUMB
F
U
C
K

It's just more delusional nonsense from idiots who have no relation with reality. I remember the PS5 leaks suggesting "1080ti" level performance. Absolute horeshit.

The next gen consoles will have Vega64 performance at most. But they will be much more power efficient than a Vega64

NO. Do not buy V56 goy- I mean guy. Purchase the far super 1650ti instead.

but 2070 are already cheaper