I use OpenBSD

I use OpenBSD.

Attached: Puffystock.gif (681x1029, 195K)

Other urls found in this thread:

man.openbsd.org/fw_update
undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20130128142215
openbsd.org/innovations.html
github.com/lucy/tewi-font
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

as I do

Attached: cute_pic_of_me.png (476x476, 149K)

nice, almost like windows 3.1

Attached: Openbsd61_desktop.png (1024x768, 44K)

I'm sorry for your loss

I considered trying it but then I chickened out

I don't because I'm too busy having sex.

Your inept shilling against OpenBSD is one of the things which made me try it. Now it's my main OS.

Thanks! Too much shilling is really working against you butt fucking faggot kikes. It makes it extremely easy to sense what's threatening you. The shilling against OpenBSD is Internet-wide and all seems to follow the same script. It seems to be so pervasive that I have no doubt it's a state-level effort, probably some large country is threatened by people having access to a secure OS which isn't made by large defense contractors.

Except Windows 3.1 had better performance

> I use OpenBSD btw

downloading the usb img right now

godspeed

I did it! Not yet sure I did the right thing though...

Pros/cons so far:

Pros:
>pkg count (holy fuck that's low!)
>keyboard layout correct without any "tweaking" (all linux distros I have tried I had to to setxkbmap)

Cons:
>laptop runs very hot (is there a lm_sensors type thing for bsd?)
>no sound yet (sound is always something that requires a bit of work anyways so no biggie, I'll get it to work hopefully)

I have only tried it for a small amount of time so this is by far the end of it. I usually try new os's for at least a couple of days before I trash it.

Attached: 2019-06-11-022821_1280x800_scrot.png (1280x800, 261K)

lol just wait til your computer gets shut off due to a power failure or something. The filesystem completely shits itself if the power is interrupted.

If you download one of the proper desktop environments the sound should work. If the sound still doesn't work try running "fw_update"

man.openbsd.org/fw_update

When I use OpenBSD I use the Mate desktop. It's lightweight and easy to customize so that it resembles Windows. XFCE also works fine and installs much easier, but I like the look of Mate better. I got LXQT working once, but I don't remember how, and I can't find the guide I used online. KDE is one of the older versions, and all of the downloadable themes are for Linux and therefore don't work on OpenBSD.

To install the package manager, run "pkg_add pkg_mgr"

Attached: OpenBaSeD-hackerman.png (600x500, 547K)

This. Don't do a hard shutdown. The computer might not boot up again. It happened to me twice.

Attached: Ahem-OpenBSD.png (270x321, 49K)

Good for you user, FreeBSD is a good choice too.

sound works perfectly with xfce.

Is there a dropbox client for openbsd? Or do I have to use the website?

Another con:
>english name on folder in home when doing xdg-user-dirs-update

>Is there a dropbox client for openbsd?
I don't know

OpenBSD master race checking in

Attached: obsd.png (1024x768, 950K)

fucc off with your capeshit, NIGGER

All OpenBSD users should join #baot on irc.rizon.net

Let's enjoy OpenBASED together!

it self destructs to teach you not to miss use it

no one cares

bsd newb here. what makes openbsd better than freebsd or netbsd?

only on bsd can you have xfce installed and only 199 packages

Cuck

xD

They each have different strengths and weaknesses. NetBSD is best for toasters. OpenBSD is best for autists. FreeBSD is best for servers.

I like this. It looks like Windows XP.

yeah, and this is with vlc, firefox, netsurf, and a bunch of other packages/dependencies too

xfce is comfy

checking in

Attached: desktop.png (1280x800, 923K)

looks like every linux distro that didn't force a shitty DE on you.

Can we do a community vote for a redesign of puffy?

I hate those fucking nigger lips.

Is there a gui network manager like wicd or conman for openbsd?

have sex

Attached: puffysmalls.png (1000x500, 273K)

which one has the largest package base?

no

Not that I know of. Once you figure out how the config files work it's pretty easy.

this. It's much less clusterfucked than wpa_supplicant and network manager and is integrated with ifconfig

i cant use open bsd, or any bsd for that matter because of drivers. plus i do video editing so my work schedule import to windows, edit, render on linux

I could never figure out how to use wpa_supplicant.

Prepare your anus.

Attached: play track 44.jpg (1280x720, 73K)

Very based, indeed

u mad?

Attached: MAD.jpg (227x343, 92K)

I need to connect to eduroam though. it uses PEAP. Isn't that a bit difficult to do with config files?

does MAD still exist?

>eduroam
>PEAP
What are these?

Font?

>eduroam
eduroam (education roaming) is an international roaming service for users in research, higher education and further education. It provides researchers, teachers, and students easy and secure network access when visiting an institution other than their own.
>PEAP
The Protected Extensible Authentication Protocol, also known as Protected EAP or simply PEAP, is a protocol that encapsulates the Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) within an encrypted and authenticated Transport Layer Security (TLS) tunnel.

no you just install wpa_supplicant
undeadly.org/cgi?action=article&sid=20130128142215

Peak UNIX aesthetic
IRIX spiritual successor

More like motif

That’s why I turned on soft updates.

>2019
>no bluetooth

>using an inherently insecure protocol
Bluetooth has fundamental flaws which can never be fixed.

Any advantages over Linux?

notoriously already dead. YOU'LL NEVER RUN, BSDLET.

case closed

Puffy is Jow Forums mascot

They used to have it, they dropped it partly because nobody used it

that doesn't change the fact that I just bought a bt headset that I want to test out on my newly installed OS

>he listens to degraded audio

pkg_mgr started acting strange. sometimes it won't install the packages. It starts to install them then it just quits back to terminal. at first I thought it was only when I did doas pkg_mgr but now it also does it with sudo pkg_mgr...

If you are not a normie look here:
openbsd.org/innovations.html
You can't find this shit anywhere else.

why not keep it pure with just cwm on the base install?

Isn't that cwm?

Wtf are you talking about? Pkg_mgr is not OpenBSD's package manager.

>using permissive licensed stuff
>fucking faggot kikes
Kek'd.

This must be a bot posting.

png is bloat. Use jpeg.

Attached: Puffypilled.jpg (270x321, 10K)

If you consider yourself master race because you managed to install xfce on OpenBSD, you should kys. OpenBSD is great but not because of a DE.

where did I say that? Installing xfce is as simple as `doas pkg_add xfce4`.

Agreed. Next time put more emphasis on the real strengths of OpenBSD instead of a DE.

unlike Linux, it's actually free as in Freedom.

Much smaller system, and it’s an actual completely self contained Os unlike a Linux district which is a kernel from one project, a userland from several other projects, put together by yet another group.

It’s OK you’re retarded, you’re not in the target audience for OpenBSD.

Checked, GPL forever BTFO by superior and objectively freer BSD.

do you have poor reading comprehension? I simply took a screenshot of my OpenBSD system. I didn't mention the DE once, nor did I imply that it was the system's primary strength

it's very prepped
github.com/lucy/tewi-font
because cwm is kinda trash

I haven't used Bluetooth since 2006 anyway

FreeBSD by a long shot, followed by NetBSD then OpenBSD.

After reading the "Real men don't attack straw men" mailing list, Im convinced that OpenBSD community is the most hateful and stupid tech community I've ever met.

You're talking about a group of autists that don't have the social skills to communicate effectively without insulting people. Also, in true autistic fashion, they fixate on their Operating System as an extension of themselves, not a fucking tool to get work done.

idk emacs seem annoying to configure in openbsd even though i agree it's based

Attached: cdblowf.jpg (334x334, 142K)

What about emacs on OpenBSD is annoying to configure?

>2019
>bluetooth
is that like ird on laptops?

Anyone manage a dual monitor setup yet?