Every linux distro can do everything every other linux distro can do

>every linux distro can do everything every other linux distro can do
except be stable
come home autist

Attached: based.png (477x335, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

centos.org/about/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

CentOS is really good except that packages are kinda old. That might be a problem for someone who uses it on their personal computer.

Just use gnu guix as an AUR replacement.
Solved by the power of true autism.

>except be outdated
ftfy

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-10 15-15-20.png (722x505, 75K)

In fact, just ditch CentOS altogether and use GNU GuixSD

>come home autist
Feels good to be home!

Attached: file.png (244x301, 11K)

>literally not centos or debian
typical fedora user

Attached: neofetch.png (474x126, 17K)

>guix package manager
but then you lose that military grade server stability user

Attached: 1560045433159.jpg (3300x1600, 1.04M)

>Guix unironically
lol
>debian testing
>thinking that's what OP refers at all
LOL

There is nothing wrong with using debian testing. If you are worried about instability you can use snapshots and get the same level of stability. Without people using testing and sid, then stable can't be as stable.

That being said it just feels good to use debian stable.

By the way, what the FUCK is wrong with Fedora+XFCE and Opensuse?

Usung XFCE on Fedora 30 is a pain in the ass. Logging out / shutdown over GUI literally takes years, and my usual bar at the top just disappears after every reboot. I mean, really? I got that problem over a month ago, tried again today and it's still there with the newest version?

Then Opensuse, I install it with Disk Encryption, install finishes, it reboots and then doesn't take my password, wtf? Yeah it's more secure now because even I, as the owner, can't decrypt it lol.

Fedora+KDE works at least, but they literally removed every GUI option to enable doubleclick to open shit, I needed to set that option on the config.

Is Debian literally the only Distro that works without such a shitshow? Went away from it because it's slightly outdated, but seems like there is no way around it...

Ubuntu stable is literally just snapshots of debian testing. If you want something more bleeding edge just use debian testing and upgrade your kernel to the max supported version. If you need newer packages custom compile them or use guix.

I guess I'll try Debian Testing soon. I will keep Fedora 30 with KDE for now, but as soon as the shitshot begins again I will go back to Debian.
I actually like Fedora because they use a few more, good options for compiling their software...

Also, maybe I will give gentoo a try soon. Can't become any worse at this point, so I can go full freetard without any losses

Wonder twin powers activate. Form of a neckbeard. Shape of a wizard.

Attached: centos-debian-team.png (1000x1000, 221K)

Great for servers, but my work computer has red hat enterprise linux 7.6 on it, and it isn't the most pleasant thing to use. Some of my colleagues have had issues with it too, like LUKS shitting the bed, them having to wait a day to get their laptop back and then having to setup their dev environment again. Power management is shit compared to newer stuff like PopOS and drivers are old, eg. no palm rejection for the trackpad, so you gotta disable it and use a mouse. Battery life on the thing is like 3 hours max too. Don't fall for the server OS meme.

>debian testing
debian doesn't touch lsb_release after install. i'm not even running testing/buster you IQlet.
>what the FUCK is wrong with Fedora+XFCE
lacking repos (you will need to rely on 3rd party repos for some fairly basic stuff) and heavy Gnome bias on the desktop, all other DEs are neglected.

User repos are kind of the bread and butter of redhat based distros though just because there are fewer users.

centos is a shoddy fork of a year old fedora build lol

rpmfusion is better than any repo that exists for debian so im not sure that is a problem

I liked CentOS but it doesn't have KDE 5. I use Debian now.

centos.org/about/
Wrong kiddo. Why don't you read before you speak? Kek. It's based off of redhat.

It does have KDE5 if you just install it.

>centos is a shoddy fork of a year old fedora build lol
do you think RHEL is just "a shoddy fork of a year old fedora build" too?
i wasn't a fan personally, I had better experiences with AUR where rpmfusion just felt half baked. I had a couple lib issues and just straight up not working when new versions of fedora came out (this was a wile ago, though). I just don't like to be reliant on 3rd party repos. But if it JustWerks™ for you then I could see why you'd like Fedora especially.

rpmfusion has a higher standard for packages than the official debian repos, hope that clears things up for you

I've never had lib issues or repo's that stop working after upgrading with debian, hope that clears things up for you.

ive upgraded fedora on release day every release for the last 5 years and have only ever had issues with nvidia drivers from negativo. you are full of shit faggot

>you are full of shit faggot
did I hit a nerve? let me refer you back to one of my old posts:
>I just don't like to be reliant on 3rd party repos. But if it JustWerks™ for you then I could see why you'd like Fedora especially.
take your raging autism elsewhere. I'm sure the AMD- and Intel-fanboys would love your time and energy in their shitposting wars.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1520508434863.jpg (625x330, 28K)

>Gentoo the distro that won't break in over a decade if your brain is working

kek, this but unironically
asshurt trannie

I have a gentoo installation and I have to say it works more like you'd expect than debian and fedora or literally anything.
It just works.
I use fedora mainly, but gentoo surprised me.
You can notice the hard work of the developers unlike in debian. They won't push bugfixes just because their ass feels like, it's outdated, not even like CentOS where everything works, Debian has fucking bugs they will just not fix because they don't want

>kinda old
gcc still at 4.8 for centos 7? Kinda annoying. On our cluster, everyone has their own installation of millions of libraries so we can program in something that isn't a 2002 standard..

That's because the only way to use gentoo is to cosntantly do what most people would call "fixing their distro." aka doing everything by hand.

I've never install GNU/Linux