Trying to save my parent's wallet

My little sister is barking up my parents for a Macbook. Trying to convince her that a Macbook would be a mistake. She wants to browse the internet but play games on Steam (like Slime Rancher). What would be a laptop that could BTFO of a Macbook that looks similar to a Macbook?

Attached: Screenshot_20190609-201611__01.jpg (1080x1609, 411K)

Matebook

Attached: 1551183501227.png (1280x888, 1.08M)

Thinkpad x200

you aren't going to convince her against it, and your parents will eventually get her the macbook
save your own peace of mind and don't fight it because you'll feel worse once she eventually does

you have to be over 18 to post here

Buy a $200 2009 Macbook, edit the info to make it say 2015. Laugh and mock her when it runs like shit. Then offer to trade her with your $500 whatever laptop with a dedicated GPU.

Whores need to be put in her place.

Basically this... sister has gone through 2 macbooks and 4-ish iPhones (she has lost 2.. lol)

based

Whoever made that meme is an idiot. The analogy basically suggests that the monitor stand is alien technology beyond our understanding.

>1000 dollars

It is.

You're just mad about the superior security, so you won't be able to get her nudes thanks to the T2 (TM) chip.

>What would be a laptop that could BTFO of a Macbook that looks similar to a Macbook?
Maybe a Macbook Pro or a Macbook Air. She probably should actually get the touchbar one with quadcore if she cares about more intense games.

nice b8

Back to your containment board manchild.

Attached: 1546239194429.png (400x1650, 367K)

Can't you go and be poor somewhere else?

meant to reply to

Yeah, this is the answer I want to avoid but probably should take. Just feel bad for my parents lol but hey in the the end it's their decision if they want to enable retardation.

Lol yeah alien and beyond comprehension =\= better

A chromebook can do the same thing.

high iq post, you can't reason a teenage girl out of wanting a cultural staple like a macbook, the performance and price value is like 1% of the reason she wants it

Let her have a used one.
Tell her she can save money and improve it (the models that still can) by upgrading it (SSD, more RAM,etc) and save money to buy a case, one of those keyboard filters or even a fucking iPhone SE to match.
Brand new MacBooks are ass.

Attached: 1557976257989.jpg (791x753, 89K)

iMOUTO BTFO

Attached: 1543902950341.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

"let"
how autistic are Jow Forums posters that they think this brother is going to be the one deciding what his sister gets lol

You're not going to convince her otherwise. Teenage girls do not operate under logic, they care little for what is practical. I bought my step-daughter a bottom of the barrel MacBook and she just about shit herself because OMG its a mac! So I was cool for about a day. What does she do with it? Social media and google docs for school. But wowie-zowie its so fucking fast and stuff. Whatever, it was her 16th. She asked me later on if it was a good computer. I didn't have the heart to say that the only people impressed by any aesthetic piece of shit pumped out by Apple are generally basedboys and shit-head girls. Females up until about the age of 30 are typically very fucking shallow and useless.

When the hell did s o y get autocorrected?

it's too fun of a word

indeed it is.

Attached: checkum.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

Or even has a sister.
You are feeding his fantasies.

Let the Darwinism happen.
/Thread

Attached: 1496544624129.gif (400x308, 564K)

this, she doesn't care about and specs and price and all that, she wants daddy to buy her the thing which is popular to show off to her friends
you'd have better luck convincing your parents to get something else for her

Why would a macbook be bad for basic bitch?
I wouldn't recommend a new one, but used Pro 2015 or Air 2015 would actually be great.
Shit is fail proof, idiots handle the OS easily and can't fuck shit up. Also you'll avoid having to troubleshoot shit that microsoft breaks by updates.
There is no point of idiots getting thinkpads or even worse, a basic windows laptop if they have money for macs.
I've saved shitload of nerves by recommending old air to idiots, they never managed to fuck anything up, but when they were on windows there were constant network fuckups, drivers bugs, update bullshit and such.
Macs are actually great, as long as you buy older machine for good price.
Current state of Windows and windows laptops is just so horrible that macs are actually better alternative.

Also the point is to be happy with a machine.
If someone is genuinely satisfied with having a mac let them be, you autistic fuck.
My thinkpads (T420, X220) are also old pieces of shit but they make me happy, so does my air 11", who gives a fuck about price-performance ratio and performance in general, life is not linus techtips benchmark you useless fucks.

Everything you bullshitted in your shitpost is the direct opposite of reality.

Literally every large windows update yet fucked up something.
Forced driver updates from windows update fuck up shit regulary.
Chink notebooks are literally shit.

I'm not talking about flagship thinkpads or XPS, i'm talking about laptops that girls like, plastic acer/asus pieces of shit with bloated Win10 installations and possibly bootloader locks.

Noone can say that new laptops, surface unservicable bullshit and such are worse than 2015 macbooks that i've never seen dead unless spilled.

Also MacOS never broke itself in recent history while windows does that regulary.

Also find me a used laptop in rMBP 2013-2015 price range with that display quality.
You'll find mostly 768p TN screens vs macbooks 2560x1600 IPS.

Fuck off libreboot chink
Go back to Jow Forums where you came from.

OP, save your own sanity. There is no point trying to talk a teenaged girl out of a 'status symbol' like a MacBook.

The best you can do is try to convince them to get a used one for relatively cheaper than getting it brand new with a pre-broken keyboard.

Your designated shitting street is calling for you Rejeet.

OP you are a little shit plain and simple. Let the damn girl get her status symbol laptop. Given I make fun of Apple users and Lenovo users as they are the bottom on the barrel of users. You have no right to tell her what to get if she didnt ask you. Just shut up and let her live how she wants to.

Kek

she wants dick.
Give her the dick.

The meme is that Mactoddlers treat a monitor stand like it is alien technology because they are dumber than apes

idk but post pics of sis so we cna give you a better accurate prediction.

This, how the fuck are we supposed to help you OP, if we don't know how she looks like?

Protip: specs today don’t matter in real world performance unless you are a narcissist.

I use a 2009 MacBook. Runs well even with Mojave.

Have kids.

tell her she has to give you the succ if she wants the magboog

Just let her get one and if shit goes wrong with it just let them deal with it.

Otherwise convince them to buy a Huawei Matebook instead

>I don't like you
>please reproduce
You really didn't think this through.

Build her a NUC i5 Hackintosh and stick an apple sticker on the top of the case, tell her its a 'mac micro' dumb cunt wont know the difference.

People who can't think don't deserve ThinkPad.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (284x300, 14K)

based and redpilled

An ideapad

when moot sold out and 4channel became a honeypot

but your sister is making a good choice
kys

>you have no right to tell her how to spend money that isnt hers
>shut up and let her live how she wants to
>if she wants to emotionally blackmail your hardworking parents for an overpriced item let her you monster

Detected the strong empowered wymyn with 3 cats and trauma from when daddy dint buy a pony

>that pic
Holy kek

Attached: 1560208257152.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

>What would be a laptop that could BTFO of a Macbook that looks similar to a Macbook?
A pre-2016 MacBook that you dropped a SSD and more RAM into, which will cost less than a new .
If your sister wants to play games more involved than Geometry Dash, she shouldn’t be getting a laptop.