$749

$749
Fuuuccckkkkkk.

Attached: 3950x.png (1296x868, 1.21M)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x/p/N82E16819113447?Description=1950x&cm_re=1950x-_-19-113-447-_-Product
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

goodnight Intel

are you poor?

16 cores. That's still $47 per core.

Yeah, 749 is more than what I paid for my 1700x CPU motherboard and ram put together.

Overpriced underperforming garbage

This isn't for you. It's for professional gamers like me who need every advantage

That's a bit less than what my 1950X cost in late 2017. Curious how it compares in benchmarks.

Take a hike, kike.

>105W TDP
how the fuck?

You don't need a 16-core CPU to play your childrens' video gaymes, Cletus.

this is not for gamers is for people who wanna game stream and render videos at the same time and can't be bothered to buy a threadripper.

>250$ for an extra 4 cores..
OOOOKAAAY DUUUUDEEE

Might as well just get a threadripper at this point.

This is for people who want a threadripper but also want to game on the same system.

R93950x
16c32t being 72mb cache 105w
OMG ITS 749$

i9-7960X
16c32t 2.80 GHz base 22mb cahce 4.20 GHz boost 165w housefire
only 1450$

Attached: 12521363.png (307x307, 69K)

binned chips.

nah, they're charging that much for the top tier binning. Which pretty much confirms that ryzen 3000 doesn't clock past 4.7-4.8 ghz single core and 4.5-4.6 all cores.

Attached: 1wb7ge.jpg (540x440, 19K)

>OP copes after he got BTFO'd in his previous thread calling the 16-core a myth.

By boosting only 1 core it's mostly going to stay at sub 4GHZ

I don't play games though, wanted to save money by not going from Ryzen 1700x to Threadripper.
1950X 16C/32C 3.4ghz is $499.99 on Newegg, but I'd need to buy more ram and a fucking expensive motherboard to go with it.

newegg.com/amd-ryzen-threadripper-1950x/p/N82E16819113447?Description=1950x&cm_re=1950x-_-19-113-447-_-Product

The 2950x is $829.99

will it work with a b350m, though. i aint buying a new motherboard, can't afford it if i'm spending 750

This is my only thread you fagglet.

Go check with your motherboard's cpu support list at launch.

So? IPC advantage and PBO/XFR makes sure that you'd get better performance.

Allcore overclock is worthless on a ryzen, where PBO and XFR are better tech.

>what if we release a threadripper cpu with less features, and the same price on a worse platform.

>same pic source.
>immediately created this thread as soon as the 16 core was announced.

Keep coping.

>BUT MUH REAL GAMING
NTEL IS A SPORTS EQUIPMENT COMPANY NOW.

>$749
HOLY SHIT
INTEL'S FUCKING DONE.

Kikeripper is dead until the Zen 2 version comes along. Plus the higher core count ones are absolute shit for gay men unless you disable cores. Zen 2 won't need that.

What do you need with more Infinite Perpetual Coping or IPC.

>same pic source

Wut you niggah? Where else would you have seen the announcement if not on the official AMD channel.

what i need is a non dead chipset platform like am4.
>buy high end cpu for low end platform which has peaked in features, toward the end of life of said socket.

>INTEL'S FUCKING DONE.
>a 180$ 9400f matches this on 99% use case scenarios

Attached: 1524070954957.jpg (577x622, 45K)

Why won't Zen 2 need that? Do you have any proof? This was a concern of mine.

>*AM4+ happens*
Nothing personal, kid.

Cross-chiplet performance remains to be seen.

>half of the price of an i9-7960X with higher single thread, lower TDP, and over 3x cache
AMD won.

Attached: 1560209871.jpg (320x180, 44K)

Linux distros usually have a package manager for software updates while windows has Windows Update for the OS and generally self-updating software.

Which one is the better software philosophy, regardless of which OS is the best.

Attached: 1532523997332.jpg (1521x1107, 268K)

lmao was tryna make a thread, sorry nerds

>$180 9400f explodes on contact with any type of heavily-threaded task
nothing personal, kid.

Attached: 1556903950894.png (150x262, 46K)

damn I was ready to pay $699 but $749 feels like too much, god damn it I feel like I might still buy it though am I a cuck

>AYMD fan
>cuck

like pottery

Attached: 033_AGVrqXQ.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Yeah, this is a fair price.
I bought a kikeripper in anticipation of Zen2 pricing being not what I was ok with. Guess I'm opening up this 1920x tonight and doing a build. That being said, this is great for anyone on AM4 who wanted to get the max out of their platform and overcome the latency/seperate PCIE complex that comes with threadripper. This is definitely a good value but I'm not going back to spending $700/$800 on a CPU. I did that in 2017 with 1950x. I paid $330 for my 1920x/$249 for the mobo. I'm set.

Why would it? Have you done any research into Zen 2's design? It's completely different from existing Zen CPUs. The very fact that AMD are advertising it as a gay men CPU (and fastest of the upcoming chips for that task) is proof enough that it won't have any problems.

Kikeripper's problems weren't caused by cross-CCX latency though. That was an issue for mainstream Ryzen too, yet that was often much faster in games unless you disabled cores. The actual problem was that Kikeripper is split into seperate NUMA domains, and Windows does not handle that well.

BASED

They're binning hardmode.. this is the true potential of 7nm. Take note that the 12 core Zen2 has the same TDP and lower clocks. Tells you all you need to know. Epyc is getting the cream of the crop dies thus how they can run 8 of these (64 cores) under a threadripper heat spreader

It is much faster than a 2950X.
Ultimately that matters far more than TR4's features to most people.

> You didn't grab a threadripper when the firesale was happening
> You think they'll go on sale after Zen 2 launch
kek...
The prices literally just reset before today.. they're back to their norms for everything

That's not fair

Quad channel was starting to limit higher core TR4s

We don't even know if Dual Channel is good enough to not bottleneck 16C32T

Enjoy your stutters.

AMD wins. It's hard not to lose against incel.
Btw, for dumb fags.. that's double the cache of threadripper 1950x/2950x and that's far higher clocks while using almost 70% less power. AMD delivered here but I need threadripper for the pcie lanes thus bought one.

1950x is still at $450

I just bought a 1920x for $330
I bought a mobo for $249.
You essentially are looking at the wrong play here. Nothing hits that value. I already have a 1950x rig and 1700s

That's a good price.
I bought a 1920x @$330 because it's just a place holder until zen2 threadripper comes out. No sense spending more money on a processor I'm going to drop on ebay when the time comes. Probably get $250 for it

The 16c will have much more bandwidth to play with though, as memory clocks are higher and the IF links are 2.3x faster.

Yep. the more I think on it, that's actually a pretty good value

I understand your point that on core to core comparison it makes perfect sense.
But i'm bummed that AMD pushed the mainstream segment to that price bracket. I'd be perfectly fine with a threadripper at that price point, but the fact that the 3950 is Ryzen family mainstream, regardless of how many cores, is what that made it bad. Don't worry I know that the fx-51 was 1k at its time, nevertheless I very much prefer that the mainstream segment tops out around 600 at the most.

Attached: 1470039488656.jpg (1024x1024, 143K)

you'll be seeing real binning on threadrippers.

if not for fucking reddit we could have had 16 cores for 599.

Why do people still regurgitate this to this day? TR4 is not memory starved, it's just Windows being a fucking piece of shit.

I'm definitely eyeing it.
I was going to go 2950x when prices went down and they most certainly have, but I'd rather just get a 3950x instead of replacing mobo and RAM for the kikeripper.

Attached: smug Lancer.png (1280x1022, 662K)

>1.5 times the money for double a 9900K
Nice.

I don't think so Jim.
If Intel had a 10 core RIGHT NOW at $500, we would be in a much better priced world. The competition can't compete and the fabs are still poozed, holy fucking shit Intel get your shit together.

>1.5 times the money for double a 9900K
more like 4x the money for a barely matching 9400f
>Nice
terrible

Funny how now the 9400F is suddenly any relevant. Nice coordinated shitpost friends

Any AMD CPU in existence is better than anything Intel. People don't want to die of old age installing security patches.

>2021
>Intel finally releases 10nm 12 core CPUs
>9900k is as fast as a R5 1600 after 128 security vulnerabilities were discovered

AdoredTV BTFO yet again.
>We were supposed to have $499 16C/32T!
Fucking hell.

C O P E
O
P
E

Cuz 6 channel ram and 8 channel ram high core count CPUs are a thing.

>9400f
>locked to 4.1 GHz max boost clock at worse IPC
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>AdoredTV BTFO yet again.

That goes without saying at this point

Dilate

Eh, I'd say this is a win more than a loss desu. The man predicted chiplets and I/O die for Zen 2 and while the prices and clocks were down, the cores were on point. It's just AMD cashing in since Intel can't do shit about it. Their response was literally OC the 9900k to 9900KYS, they have nothing and AMD wants shekels.

They were talking about chiplets long before AdoredTV started shilling his fake leaks.

>$1700 Intel 16 core is okay
>$749 higher clocked AMD 16 core is not
hello mr. shekelberg

Imagine how much money they could make if they didn't castrate the fp64 on the ryzen apus.

Funny how AMD fanboys were all on the $499 bandwagon until they got BTFO and now they are defending AMD's 250 dollar price hike.

10 core Broadwell-E was $1700 just a few years ago.
Literally nobody pushed the idea of a 16c part at $500 except AdoredTV, and if you watch his trash ebegged you should be shot in the face.

>price hike
from?

It's hiked to nearly TR4 launch prices and it's a consumer chip.

All this back pedaling, Jow Forums was literally flooded with shitty amd hype threads.

>$1200 Intel 12 core is okay
>$499 higher clocked AMD 12 core is not
hello mr. shekelberg

Attached: Screenshot_20190610-204702.png (1080x1620, 470K)

yes i would like if it were cheaper but this is what happens when AMD has no competition

based

Correct and based.
Epyc will be super binned
Threadripper will be mucho binned.
I think were back to seeing $1k entry price on threadripper which I'm ok with.
Definitely. For people with AM4, this is a solid and amazing upgrade path. I happen to have ryzen and threadripper currently so this is going to be a lot of fun.

See

This is why AMD fanboys are cancer, all my systems are AMD and I get labeled as an intel shill as soon as I vent my frustration.

AMD advertised it's TR4 and 1st gen Ryzens as gaming chips too. It's just market speak and proves nothing without 3rd party testing.

16 cores isn't consumer.
Cope harder. And for reference AMD debut' 16 cores at $1000 for 1950x and even that was an amazing value. You're getting a much better processor with 70% less TDP for that price and it slides into your current socket + a heatsink. You literally have nothing you can say against this.

4 cores is mainstream consumer..
6 is gamer
8 is workstation..
You're getting 16 which is server grade for $250 less than they debut' it in 2017. Fuck off

Still pricy regardless.

AM4 just got PCIe 4.0
Intel still on PCIe 3.0
The absolute state of incels

This always happens whenever they think they are the underdogs and believe concerned trolling is happening even though it could be a valid thing to say.

lol, you better have a good sense of smell because it's either gonna bottleneck the tdp or burn

Go cry to VIA

It's amazing that AMD quadrupled the core count of consumer CPUs in 2 years from Intel's kikery. However, nothing about 16 core is consumer. $749 is a sensible price.

>Server grade
>Dual Channel ram and lots of boards not supporting ECC properly
>AM4
>not consumer

This is how deluded you sound.

Yes Intel hikes up their prices but honestly AMD should have prioritized performance not chasing bleeding edge. This is what gets them into deep shit especially with Nvidia on the GPU end.
Go and worship Lisa you brand faggot.

>Quadrupled
>FX 8000
Only doubled by AMD's own definition of 8 core chips and it took them 8 years.

Stop kvetching and just buy it!

Corn cores