/cyb/ + /sec/ - CYBERPUNK/CYBERSECURITY GENERAL

Previous threads: [ archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text//cyb/ /sec//type/op/ ]
THE CYPHERPUNK MANIFESTO: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html ]
Last thread: [ > ]
- - - - - -

/cyb/erpunk [10 June 2019]
The Cyberpunk Manifesto: [ project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html ]

The alt.cyberpunk FAQ (V5.24) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/Alt_Cyberpunk_FAQ_V5_preview25.htm ]
What is cyberpunk?: [ pastebin.com/pmn9vzWZ ]

Cyberpunk directory (Communities/IRC and other resources): [ pastebin.com/AJYry5NH ]
Cyberpunk media (Recommended cyberpunk fiction): [ pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx ]

The cyberdeck: [ pastebin.com/7fE4BVBg ]

- - - - - -

/sec/urity [10 June 2019]
The Crypto Anarchist Manifesto: [ activism.net/cypherpunk/crypto-anarchy.html ]
The Hacker Manifesto: [ phrack.org/issues/7/3.html ]
The Guerilla Open Access Manifesto: [ archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt ]

The /sec/ Career FAQ (V1.9) [ ftp://50.31.112.231/pub/sec_FAQ_V1_Preview10.htm ]

Why Privacy Matters: [ youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk ]
"Shit just got real": [ pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0 ]

Cybersecurity basics and armory: [ pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX ]
Endware: [ endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html ]
BBS archives: [ textfiles.com/index.html ]

Reference books (PW: ABD52oM8T1fghmY0): [ mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw ]
Learning/News/CTFs: [ pastebin.com/WQhRYB59 ]

FTP Backup: ftp://50.31.112.231/pub
OP Post: [ pastebin.com/94gJzgk5 ]

- - - - - -

CBP database gets transferred to subcontractor who got hacked. Who could have predicted security problems with outsourcing?
techcrunch.com/2019/06/10/cbp-data-breach/

Attached: nsa hq.png (727x380, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/anned20/begoneads/blob/master/begoneads/begoneads.py
github.com/anned20/begoneads
buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/facebook-graph-search-war-crimes
chappatte.com/en/the-end-of-political-cartoons-at-the-new-york-times/
eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1334791
2600.com/content/circle-hope-videos-youtube-many-blacklisted-google
youtube.com/watch?v=X9hJz4X1c0E
youtu.be/l0NIxNF6THY
lwn.net/Articles/790910/
thelightstreamchronicles.com/webcomic.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DIIU2JvoMX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

BegoneAds: a python script that installs a HOSTS file to block ads.
Sources listed here: github.com/anned20/begoneads/blob/master/begoneads/begoneads.py
github.com/anned20/begoneads

Facebook turns off advanced graph search features which have been used to catch war criminals and pedos. KEEP HIDING THINGS IN PLAIN SIGHT, CITIZEN. ONLY THE GOVERNMENT CAN SEARCH FOR THEM NOW.
buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/facebook-graph-search-war-crimes

chappatte.com/en/the-end-of-political-cartoons-at-the-new-york-times/

so since outrage culture has reached a point where anything can be on the chopping block do you think a botnet of people will be used by social media disinfo campaigns to eventually take down all the best democratic institutions? will it result in cyberpunk pirate news sources being the only things left where you can get unfiltered information?

How many of you guys are highly skilled cybersecurity decker neckbeards and how many of you are noobs?

Attached: 1558777972994.jpg (599x449, 33K)

NSA headquarters looks like this??? wtf, I want to work for NSA now
yes

Is protonvpn a scam?

half way between the two to be honest family

it looked like that on pride day.

>to eventually take down all the best democratic institutions?
That might already be the case.

People getting tired of Spectre/Meltdown in ARM?
=== /sec/ News:
>Qualcomm Takes Stake in SiFive
eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1334791
>He told us they just can’t hire enough people to deal with the leads the company is getting. “We have 450 people today, and we are hiring another 200-300 people right now. We’ve had around 600 companies contacting us, saying they are interested in doing something with us. I just don’t have people even to deal with them.”

Your next cell phone might be powered by RISC-V.

>not doing anything to stop Van Eck phreaking
>not knowing that the gyroscope in your hard drive can be used as a microphone
>using a processor with the memory sinkhole
>no ECC RAM so vulnerable to rowhammer attack
>not being able to set kernel parameter to deny inserted USB's
>not desoldering the microphone
>not realizing that the CPU microcode could communicate with the microphone regardless of libreboot
>not putting nail polish on the screws and taking high resolution pictures to ensure signs of tampering
>not removing the modem with DMA
>not going fanless to prevent binary acoustic data transmission
>not knowing the Ethernet and wifi card has access to keyboard
>using xorg where any window can steal the contents of the clipboard or keystrokes
>not knowing that the sound card can change the headphone jack into a microphone Jack and use it to record rough the headphones
>not knowing they bounce an infrared laser off a flat surface anywhere near your laptop to steal your encryption keys by listening to your CPU

technology was a mistake

You cat far by rangebanning the entire China and Russia. It also saves your resources as servers there otherwise probe my machines day and night.

evens i buy and use risc-v only
odds i continue with my own destruction

>>not putting nail polish on the screws and taking high resolution pictures to ensure signs of tampering
Why not go all out with self destruct?

What said
I'd say the mix in these threads is about 50/50 on noobs and advanced
and then you have ~1% of real pros that mostly lurk

well that makes things so much easier thanks Jow Forums prng!

Cryptostorm. Pay in Monero or ZCash. Use Tor to log in so Cryptostorm can't see you and Tor can't see what's going through Cryptostorm.

>ftp
>http
Nice cybersecurity

Attached: 1560087183705.jpg (1226x1080, 321K)

We have been through this a few times, roughly every second thread or so. And the answer remains the same: if you have a sever you can provide we can move to SFTP.

In any case none of the /cyb/ related files are controversial. On CollectiveComputers there were a lot of movie, music and media files but the /cyb/ stuff was all clean.

If anyone is studying for CCNA, the new curriculum is being introduced in 8 months.

Any details that should be added to the /sec/ FAQ?

It's pride month my boi.

I believe they are getting rid of ICND1 and 2 making it one test.

How do I debotnet a phone?

It mostly seems like an exercise in damage limitation. Get root, LineageOS, use f-droid apps (e.g. Icecat Mobile) instead of Google Play, don't use a SIM card registered under your own name, use third party wifi, etc.
But it's an uphill struggle. I can't even figure out how to randomise mac addresses, and that shit is basic.

Attached: 4D914AA0417D47B0B92391CC999B6E2C.jpg (640x1138, 71K)

Amusing. Not sure cyberpunk is "expressive about sexuality" though. There is far more discussions here even on nootropics than sexuality, same in literature.

>a lot of programmers
>comparing sci-fi hackers pulling off stunts an entire NSA team struggles to succeed at with RPG Maker VN producers

Kek.

Thank you, going to move that to the top of my list then.

Attached: 2L4rh.jpg (522x439, 274K)

LGBT NEED to shoehorn their sexuality into everything because it's the only thing resembling a personality they have.

Every single thread, lol.

sage.

Self destruction!

>trusting any vpn in europe

ISHYGDDT

Some interesting cyb costumes:

>buzzfeed article

>Hatred of corps
Are you kidding me? trannies love corps, hr has them all doing diversity shit

Is it possible to get a job in cyber security withoht a compsci or wngineering degree? Should i just teach myself programming lessons

If you deface someone's website and are crafty enough to evade arrest for a while but not enough to avoid being caught, I guess you can become an intelligence agency's expendable?

You should know that BuzzFeed actually produced decent pieces in the past, including some with legit exclusive evidences

Their main source of traffic is 100% the clickbait sjw cancer trash they spam online though

But my point is that even the most disgusting media outlet can produce oddly subversive shit once in a while. Lookup scandals revealed by trashy tabloids m8

Also Wired used to be good. That is a while ago. Any recommendations for better alternatives?

Attached: TheDose4.jpg (904x1277, 576K)

>Last thread: [ > ]
We also had which wasn't too shabby.
Also and made a rare reappearance.

BTW I can see why Google is interested in crosswalks and traffic lights but why on Earth are they now fetishizing chimneys!?

Attached: ___vinyl____by_yvanquinet_d45j28f-fullview.jpg (1024x1463, 151K)

I am graduating in comp engineering soon (hopefully) and am going to study to become a cyber risk manager or something like that in an all-new graduate course.
I know that I should expect a job in consulting or something that takes a more holistic approach to risk management. Is there anyone here who has experience in this sector?

I'm reading about broadcast encryption/multicast encryption and have a fairly high-level conceptual question. From what I've read so far, which isn't terribly much, all the schemes out there seem to presume that the encrypted message will have a finite life in the wild (traitors excepted) and revocation schemes typically require reencryption of the message.

My question is whether it's possible to revoke access to broadcasted content that has already been put out there. For instance, suppose you post an encrypted message someplace public; you can't go back and change the content of the message. Can access to that message be revoked? Does a scheme that achieves this require bidirectional communications between the broadcaster and readers to obtain the decryption key?

i am entirely noob. i come to these threads for fun, for me privacy means not leaving a trace of internet activity on my laptop, i keep my data safe on a 3-2-1 backup system, the important stuff, I archive things that I enjoy that could be gone tomorrow, like SteveMRE videos, books and others, I see the end of the borderless internet coming and there is nothing we can do to stop it. So I been preparing for that, and I been trying to disconnect more, try to use the computer like I did before I had 24/7 internet, seems like I was able to be more productive with my time then.

Chimneys .. Maybe for Spot ???

* that should of course be
Also and made a rare reappearance.

Erm, what? I thought Spot preferred things more on street level such as fire hydrants.

Attached: babe_blue_by_elianeck_d70o9z4.jpg (700x871, 75K)

That is similar in many ways to quality assurance (QA) which I did as a sideline many years ago. Essentially management opens such a positions only because they have to, probably a disaster in the past that nobody wants to talk about. Alternatively there could be contractual obligations they just could not get out of, especially if this is related to defence contracts.

And like QA they do not expect to see you and if against all odds they see you they do not want to hear about bad news or a pressing need to actually do something. So to them you will be a professional bearer of bad news, and you will land in some Dilbertesque scenarios you never dreamed of as a student.

These are jobs that require a solid moral compass. No, seriously. If you compromise you compromise yourself and will be pressed on that ever after. In my case I did not compromise - and it cost me my job. The upside was that my position was a contractual obligation they defaulted on. They knew that,. I knew that. Worse: they knew I knew they knew. So since the had sold off their moral compasses they feared the worst and cave me a nice deal to quit quietly.

Attached: surrounded_by_rick_4f_d497wcl.jpg (2150x1363, 1.17M)

That sounds discouraging, but thanks for the heads-up.
What are the jobs I should be on the lookout for?

>That sounds discouraging, but thanks for the heads-up.
I take the rather philosophical approach to life, and getting fired like that is just one new experience. Enjoy the novelty but not everything is worth repeating. This sounds really old fashioned but really, as long as you maintain your moral standards you can be kicked out but you will not be broken. Have you noticed that many (most?) cultures have a concept of fate or destiny? It seems to me that fate sooner or later catches up with everyone. Conversely if that didn't happen the world would never have seen a civilisation but rather a huge collection of tribes locked in eternal warfare.

>What are the jobs I should be on the lookout for?
Not sure about the question but I do recommend reading up on organisational theory. In particular the story about the Challenger disaster is illuminating in a disgusting way. The engineer advised against launching the shuttle, the management said launch! and 7 astronauts were killed, billions in government property destroyed and the entire manned space project collapsing with a broken back for about a decade. And importantly none of the management were ever made to face any consequences.

It is easy with a technical background to think that a technically correct answer is what counts. In reality that is not the case and even if the answer involves killing off people that can be seen as correct.

Also read Feynman's appendix to the Challenger commission's report.

Attached: Biosuit_DSCN1862.jpg (1944x2592, 894K)

glad that /cyb/ + /sec/ hasnt died yet

2600 is cool

I see 2600 kind of has problems with sex and Google
2600.com/content/circle-hope-videos-youtube-many-blacklisted-google

Are motorcycles cyberpunk?

youtube.com/watch?v=X9hJz4X1c0E

Attached: 2019-Yamaha-MT07-EU-Ice_Fluo-Action-005-03.jpg (2000x1125, 1.69M)

>Steve1989

Nice.

Ever since Akira the answer has been yes.

Attached: motorrad51185700_1_display700.jpg (1052x700, 83K)

youtu.be/l0NIxNF6THY

Yamaha seems to be going in on full /cyb/ vibes.

Just responsibly disclosed a reflected XSS bug in an outdated COTS application. I feel like such a 1337 h4x0r

Attached: Skid-300x296.jpg (300x296, 26K)

Good work, user!

Someone could file the /cyb/ FAQ with 2600? The might close the remaining issues.

Also: a new night threatens. Let's keep up the traditions.

Attached: Daybreak_by_Parrish_(1922).jpg (3463x1999, 1.35M)

complete newb, i want to start with networking.
is this a good starting point and what is a good book for that?

The vendor quickly replied .basically comes down to that due to the application being outdated, they're not gonna fix it. I'm now asking to publish the bug on my GitHub. To be continued.

Top down approach by Kurose

can anyone help me in my thread

>Let's keep up the traditions.
page 9
>bump

trying again

Attached: color scheme.png (1058x726, 375K)

any guides to learning RISC-V? I really want to get in on the new generation of processors

who here is learning to hackerman for political reasons

Attached: 1560300221350.jpg (677x907, 104K)

messages only exist so long as something is sending them or something is storing them. if you broadcast packets then stop broadcasting then the packets will not just hang out on routers waiting for some system to pick them up.

Not understanding the limitations of society, means you will end up on the losing side of

People suggest Matrix is a safe protocol.
>Introducing Matrix 1.0 and the Matrix.org Foundation
lwn.net/Articles/790910/
>The Matrix team has announced the first stable release of the Matrix protocol and specification across all APIs. The Synapse 1.0 reference implementation, which implements the full Matrix 1.0 API surface, has also been released.

yeah with all the censorship going on behind the scenes and the power of facebook/twitter/youtube allowing groups to form around anything i guess we're already seeing pirate news groups. breitbart and the intercept were nothing compared to the russian psyop of 2016. too bad wikileaks was turned by the fsb; it was a good thing for a while.

The French government is using this to silo it's communications? I want in.

yo dude just get on tor and torrent a bunch of books. save that $20 for noopept.

Torrent on TOR? Tell me you are joking.

Is it true that VPNs are actually useless because the host of the VPN, which is your entry point, can see your traffic anyway?

Attached: f31d920a-d340-42e0-b3f0-22a45dcbd0ff.jpg (1024x768, 296K)

/cringe/ general

fine whatever just pirate copies and fuck off

I MUST EAT ICE CREAM

You are late. One day and 7 hours, to be specific.

It is true the VPN operator can see your traffic. You might want to check against MITM and also look into using TOR. As mentioned in earlier threads, many VPN providers are Chinese.

vpns are either snake oil or useful depending on the host itself or what you want out of them
your isp can see your traffic, consider a vpn provider as an extension of your isp

Matrix is so cool yet so stupid.
It's cool because it's Jabber and Jabber is cool.
It's stupid because some group of web shitters all forgot that Jabber exists and rewrote Jabber in JavaScript+HTML.

>and rewrote Jabber in JavaScript+HTML
That disease seems particularly virulent these days. Even non-web mail clients is now loaded with JS. Indubitably security holes flourish.

Consider the money involved and ask yourself, who would have more reasons to protect your data, your 40€/mo ISP (that has to adibe to your country's local laws) or a 4-10€/mo VPN provider (that will have a lot of mambo jumbo jurisdiction laws) ? Who's more likely to take serious damage from a data leak scandal and who would be just able to disappear and reapper under a new name ?

Dissenter is an interesting way to get around this.

IIRC they also use OpenBSD, or something like that.

Redpill me in encrypted USB drives
Which are the best?
Which have the best cost benefit?
General recomendations

Attached: 71rwsfsZk-L._SX522_.jpg (522x522, 29K)

Hardware encrypted? basically useless cashburn
Just use an encrypted veracrypt container...

Where's a good place to find noobs to poach their phishing logs, or have people finally realised to email the information away

>not knowing that the gyroscope in your hard drive can be used as a microphone

If that is true what could it possibly pick up, the volume inside a computer case would be far too high for any voice to come through

Most likely the noise inside a case has a specific profile and with some digital signal processing you can reduce or eliminate these, leaving the interesting bands open. Sounds like tapping the screen/keyboard can probably be detected and decoded.

>40% suicide rate

New episode in Lightstream Chronicles
thelightstreamchronicles.com/webcomic.html
Evasive manoeuvres can be hard...

Attached: p271-272FFm.jpg (1280x582, 904K)

N-E-S-T-L-E-S

What did user mean by this?

Attached: FutureInformationWarfare.png (768x3960, 165K)

>Future
Pretty sure this is already happening

youtube.com/watch?v=DIIU2JvoMX4

invest in nsrgy?

I never knew that. And then I spent watching a 30 minute documentary on Daybreak.

>Highly skilled

I can crack most of the easy and some of the medium boxes on HTB, I've got more security certs than anyone I know.

I'm still a noob who can't code.

interesting

Attached: 1*nYWpRvOioYb0DCsF29MlXw.jpg (2400x1600, 711K)

Attached: 1d6078837ac68b5f5b53f3f286145c9c.jpg (3422x2444, 1.05M)