Using dark themes in (- 2020 1)

>using dark themes in (- 2020 1)
What are you, a basement dweller? Embrace the light!

Attached: YUETwq5_d.jpg (640x553, 31K)

No thanks, I enjoy not tiring my eyesight by looking directly at a strong light source all the time just to use the computer. Also light themes look ugly af.

>muh dark theme
>af
Can you reddit phonefags go away?

Kill yourself

Dark mode actually strains your eyes more.
The human eyes works best when it has to spot a dark object in a light environment.
With dark background and white text it cannot optimaly focus, and struggels, to make matter worse from the blurry image our brain has to create a clear one(which it does perfectly). It taxes both your eye and brain.

Light gray background and black letter are what you need, you could also filter out blue light loke I do all day (my gf hates lookink at my computer becsuse it's colors are off, but I don't even notice it anymore).

You should also exercise your eyes. Look at a distant object then focus back to a close one. I usually go from the glass of the window to the most far away building.

>.t software developer with 20/20 eyesight who does everything to keep it

>le ebin leddit maymay (:DDD)

Well, I find black blackground way less tiring than tiny black letters on white background, but maybe that's just me.
Also yes gray background and black text works fine too, maybe even better than white on black that's how I setup my FBreader, but most default interfaces come by default with that black text on pure white that I particularly hate.
Many people talk about changing the color temp to super warm and how that's supposed to protect eyesight, maybe it does but the psychological factor would do more harm since I really hate warm color temps.

t. basement dweller

>willingly destroying your eyes with white shit
lmao

Attached: 1554862548323.jpg (958x766, 114K)

>FBreader
get out of here, faggot.

Don't know when was the last time i saw white background black letter combo expect for textboxes.
Even 20year old winforms defaulted to light grey

>embrace the light

Attached: 11478457.jpg (300x300, 20K)

What's wrong with FBreader?

stfu OP, you probably use xterm and GNOME

>Also light themes look ugly af.

Attached: BLACKED mode.png (598x734, 16K)

Based. Light theme with Redshift is supreme comfy

Attached: 1485682957545.png.png (633x535, 702K)

Im not a huge fan of light themes mainly because most of them use #FFFFFF for the fucking background and im too lazy to make my own, but that tan actually looks nice.

Dark themes are more harmful to your eyes, see

xterm is still the best terminal emulator there is.

Look up something like Gruvbox light. It's better than Solarized light imho since the text is darker.

no, they aren't.

>retards not being able to the difference between a light theme and their monitor being too bright for the environment

it's already at its lowest brightness, retard. dark themes are still superior to your white shit. kys

I see OP is keeping with tradition by being a faggor

What is a faggor?

you'll see one if you look in the mirror.

Being fat is bad for your eye sight maybe not to your eyes' tissue but could because not working effortless very least makes unoptimal environment. Muscles activate less when bloated with fat. I have personal experience.

>liking a theme that's the color of semen
Gayest shit I've seen all day

semen > shit every day

>liking the color of niggers
Cuck

IMO light themes look better but dark themes feel nicer to look at

Because coloured text gets used a lot, so I'd have to set all the base colours dark to make them readable. Which makes most of them look shit.

Imagine being this guy.
>drink milk
>think of semen
>eat cake
>think of semen
>eat mayonnaise
>think of semen

all hail the original dark theme

Attached: darktheme.jpg (770x433, 76K)

this is a washed out light theme
I prefer this over both bright light themes and dark themes
good choice user

Shit and niggers are brown, you stupid cumsluts.
>eating foods similar to semen
Could you stop shifting up this board with your LGBT bullshit?

Pretending to be retarded is just being retarded.

You always look at a light source when your eyes are open, redarded dumbass faggot. Turn the brightness down to match the environment, and don't read anything in a dark room. That's all.

Attached: 1551527016057.jpg (200x313, 10K)

There is no pretending here. Staring at cum all day is gay.

yeah, I can't stand any black theme, it hurts my eyes and is unreadable

>Light gray background and black letter are what you need
This is a misguided advice though. You don't need to imitate light levels with RGB values, you have brightness and contrast settings in your monitor for a reason. RGB is for color, backlight is for overall intensity and contrast.

depends on your room and monitor but for me, it's eighties™

The main reason behind all this is that it seems the average user is too retarded to correctly set up their display so most have it on 100% brightness all the time and MANY even on 100% contrast because more is more.
So this means they embrace the dark theme meme instead which actually fucks up your shit in the long run.
If you set up your display correctly you would not have ANY eye strain, nor computer related sleep problems.

Attached: 1550406163792.jpg (158x126, 11K)

Light as in lightweight as in I don't know ios background for settings, not as in bright

What background color is better, lightbros?
Cream/light yellow or light grey?

What light theme do you recommend?

How do I set up my screen correctly, both for desktop (Linux) and phone (android)? Help me out, user.

The easiest way is to look at the wall behind whatever display you're using. Put something 100% white on and match the rl brightness of your wall.
Bit tricky if your wall isn't white but in that case just use a sheet of paper or something. Never had any problems with my eye since doing that and if you even want more comfyness, get some piss filter (for example redshift) that on top of the right brigthness you have setup before also turns your display to warmer colors which then blends in well with your indoor lighting when in the evening (you shouldn't use daylight temperature light indoors anyways because it heavily fucks with your sleep).

tl;dr
>match 100% white on display with white sheet of paper
>get redshift or use similar functionality in w10 to match "light temperature" of your indoor lighting so that your display doesn't seem cool or bluish compared to it
>enjoy your relaxed eyes and better sleep

Attached: happydeer_.png (197x182, 69K)

You fell for it spectacularly!

Attached: 1522244599665.png (378x357, 81K)

Kek! You just epically trolled him my dude! Based!

Thank you, based critterposter.

Clover's theme has the nicest color pallette my eyes have ever seen on a text screen. Tomorrow is also always on here. I've always thought dark mode were a meme but dark grey background with light grey text is super gentle

based frogposter

No problem, always happy to help others to achieve more comfy

Attached: 1447101316719.jpg (720x540, 223K)

>You should also exercise your eyes. Look at a distant object then focus back to a close one. I usually go from the glass of the window to the most far away building.
This really works? I've become so near sighted because I used to play so much on a dark room with the monitor being too close to my face, I wonder if I can still fix my eyesight, for what it's worth I can see very good if looking at very near objects, like finding one of those thin sewing needles in a dark floor kind of good.

you can go to a laser treatment or idk what's it called. it's the best chance you have.

>This really works?
This works for extraocular muscles, when you have trouble focusing on far objects after getting used to stare at a book or a screen for long hours, but still can do it. If you are unable to see far or near objects without blur at all, go see the doctor, myopia isn't related to muscles.

>giving a shit about what color theme other people use
oooof