Windows 10 Scheduler now optimised for Ryzen

>>>fifteen fucking percent FPS gain in a GPU bound task
How was it this bad?

Attached: 12-1080.d9f1d1b6.png (1773x998, 383K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M2LOMTpCtLA
pcworld.com/article/3401086/amds-ryzen-9-3950x-is-a-16-core-cpu-aiming-to-topple-intels-gaming-dominance.html
agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49#49
extremetech.com/computing/193480-intel-finally-agrees-to-pay-15-to-pentium-4-owners-over-amd-athlon-benchmarking-shenanigans
osnews.com/story/22683/intel-forced-to-remove-cripple-amd-function-from-compiler/
techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116695
europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-09-745_en.htm?locale=en
agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49#
techpowerup.com/255563/intel-tried-to-bribe-dutch-university-to-suppress-knowledge-of-mds-vulnerability
ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2010/08/ftc-settles-charges-anticompetitive-conduct-against-intel
extremetech.com/computing/184323-intel-stuck-with-1-45-billion-fine-in-europe-for-unfair-and-damaging-practices-against-amd
bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-v1903-upgrade-blocked-due-to-some-intel-drivers/
us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/16203380383
us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/4079871855
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: y8nxtm08um331.png (1773x996, 364K)

Haven't seen any improvement on my end though

>still has CCXs
Can't believe I waited 1 year to find out.

still slower than intel

Level1Tech figured out what the problem was. It's worse on Threadripper, but affects regular 8-core Ryzen as well with its dual 4-core CCX, when it comes to L2 cache coherency.

youtube.com/watch?v=M2LOMTpCtLA

Basically, what happened is that Intel engineers worked with Microsoft to introduce gimped scheduling specifically to optimize Xeon processors a couple of years ago, and it wasn't general enough to handle other processor numa configurations. The May update for Windows 10 undoes to cheap hack and implements it properly now.

I'd love to see some more 2990WX testing with this update, then.

actually, I noticed after upgrading it really got smoother in games with 1600x, no micro stutters on heavy graphics games anymore

s-should i update?
w-will it delete my data?

>updated windows
Never gonna make it

So when is Windows 7 getting this patch?

Intel is forcing reviewers to not benchmark with Windows 10 May update installed by threatening to not give them free hardware to test with in the future. Let that sink in.

Attached: 1559208394820.png (1070x601, 816K)

I'm clean installing new builds, never tried upgrading through windows.

Intel + LTSC Master Race
amdrones need to use consumer trash filled with ads, lmao

Attached: 1555663511603.gif (540x540, 1.18M)

Intel shitters are a disease, just like their CPUs.

lmao, seething amdrone

Broofs?
I've never had issues with the update process, just the actual dumpsterfire of a build they've pushed out.
Never? Ryzen doesn't officially support Windows 10, there's zero reason for them to backport scheduler changes.

Dilate, diseased tranny.

Does hardware unboxed have to redo their recent intel vs amd benchmark video?

>design shit cpu that doesn't work as standard
>blame intel for their free work optimizing perfomance on their CPUs

pajeet...

>intel doesn't pay pajeetsoft to deliberately pozz performance of competitors
>ayymd has worse raw performance, that's why it's performs better in scientific tasks and open source software
*yawn* stop with all the projection and stop calling everyone else a pajeet rajesh. You are not "aryan".

i wish i could blame all my problems on someone else.

pcworld.com/article/3401086/amds-ryzen-9-3950x-is-a-16-core-cpu-aiming-to-topple-intels-gaming-dominance.html

>“All of the performance testing you’re seeing today, AMD officials tell us, are done without the updated Windows scheduler in place. AMD also tells us it didn’t install the latest security mitigation for Intel’s chips either.”

>“So while MCE Auto would likely give the Intel chip more performance, the Ryzen 3000 probably would also see a bump in some games from the latest Windows 10 scheduler.

OHNONONONO BROS HOLD ME

just like adobe that suddenly out of blue enabled igp acceleration on ONLY intel cpu's and left the apu's with nothing till today

>without the updated Windows scheduler in place
>AMD also tells us it didn’t install the latest security mitigation for Intel’s chips either
THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING

w7 already has a scheduler optimization patch for piledriver :^)

Delid this you stupid goy!
oy vey, come look at the blatant anti-semitic posts these goys are posting!

because adobe aren't going to waste dev time on niche products like rypoo gaymer budget builds that 1% of the population use

>poodobe specifically wastes dev time to cripple amd and try to make kiketel look good
>b-but they don even care about ayymd!
cope harder rajesh

just because AMD lags behind in performance in a certain program doesn't mean it was intentionally crippled.

lol, sure thing rajesh. I didn't know even indians sign up for hasbara in the summer.

kind sirs it wasn't our fault, we were just trying optimize for our biggest market

Attached: 374.jpg (709x520, 52K)

Intel literally paid MS to add a speedhack that would only benefit them and there's people defending such bullshit practices?
Kill your fucking miserable selves, please, I'm begging you.

AMD are literally sandbagging.

i want link

Good. It will allow us to know who are the Intel shills if they don't state which windows build was used.

>mfw

Attached: 8bd.png (349x345, 175K)

>Intel literally paid MS to add a speedhack
gimme a link my dude

source(s): dude trust me

>lags behind
amd was raping intel up untill that bullshit move

>everyone and your mum tries to sabotage poor AyyyMD
Fucking kill yourself AyyMD shill

get back in the oven you shameless kike
agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49#49
extremetech.com/computing/193480-intel-finally-agrees-to-pay-15-to-pentium-4-owners-over-amd-athlon-benchmarking-shenanigans
osnews.com/story/22683/intel-forced-to-remove-cripple-amd-function-from-compiler/
techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116695
europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-09-745_en.htm?locale=en

Nobody thinks intel plays fair you fucking faggot. We all hate intcel.
But those things are all a decade old. No mention of the microsoft scheduler.
The other things are no secret. Fuck i hate fanboys like you.

I am already looking for my new x570 board to get that sweet Zen2 experience, to get away from the intlel disaster

incel-initiated sabotage or retarded pajeets - make your pick

>that Intel engineers worked with Microsoft to introduce gimped scheduling specifically to optimize Xeon

well there you go, thanks for the info
what about win7 and linux btw?

So, not LTSC fix?

Jow Forums btfo

>hurr, it doesn't happen anymore
>what is and
>hurr, 2019 was just a decade ago! agner.org/optimize/blog/read.php?i=49#
>hurr, what do you mean botched win10 updates?
>hurr, I am an ayymdtard myself goy
>durr, I hate intcel, just like you go-, I mean guy! Why are you suspecting me?
The ovens have gotten far better you shameless kike.

Attached: 1560213213050.png (792x929, 131K)

Well yeah, we're blaming Intel because they "design[ed a] shit cpu that doesn't work as standard" and then optimized performance for their CPUs.

LTSC shill status:
[X] BTFO
[ ] Not BTFO

Attached: Get used to it.jpg (800x568, 100K)

Yeah feels kinda bad man

Took them two years to fix this, good job I guess.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1542027477262.png (807x745, 205K)

Probably something like this

techpowerup.com/255563/intel-tried-to-bribe-dutch-university-to-suppress-knowledge-of-mds-vulnerability

NOO PLEASE WE HAD A DEAL MR GATES

Based Microsoft

>>>>fifteen fucking percent FPS gain in a GPU bound task
>How was it this bad?
Ask Microsoft. They're the ones who fucked it up in the first place.

holy fuck and to imagine ryzen 3000 now
none of the benchmarks of the 3000 presentation used 1903...

>none of the benchmarks of the 3000 presentation used 1903
sauce?

Wait so a R5 2600 will benefit from this update?

ftc.gov/news-events/press-releases/2010/08/ftc-settles-charges-anticompetitive-conduct-against-intel
>the FTC settlement order will require Intel to: disclose to software developers that Intel computer compilers discriminate between Intel chips and non-Intel chips, and that they may not register all the features of non-Intel chips.

I don't believe you.

The source is the OP of that chain, Google and Intel's own scummy behavior in the past.
extremetech.com/computing/184323-intel-stuck-with-1-45-billion-fine-in-europe-for-unfair-and-damaging-practices-against-amd

No, seriously, off yourself you fucking mouth-breather.

Do you blame intel for your micropenis and obesity too?

bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft/windows-10-v1903-upgrade-blocked-due-to-some-intel-drivers/

DON'T INSTALL 1903 GOY, IT'S BUGGY

not in another 2 years

Damn Intel really falling behind.

>ad hominem attacks to try and discredit what intel has done

>ITT: Intel Fanboy seethes after others have rightfully called out Intel on their bullshit with worthless Ad Hominem and projection, followed by one of the most retarded things I've read on this week
I can't say I'm surprised, to be extremely honest.

Attached: 1529450895032.gif (600x600, 127K)

All Ryzen CPUs with more than one CCX will, which IIRC is everything without an iGPU.

I wonder how huge impact is on Threadripper 2950. I may even consider installing 1903.

>How was it this bad?
I'm not buying this shit without proofs. MS claimed win10 performance improvements so much times it should be ahead of win7 by at least 200% but in fact it sucks all the same.

>The May update for Windows 10 undoes to cheap hack
Did they finally catch up to win7 or not?

This isn't Win10 performance, it's specifically about cross-CCX process assignment. It's simple, Microsoft just took a fucking age to handle it.

>defending Intel after all these FACTS
pathetic worms

Holy shit, dude.

Attached: JUSTnich.jpg (1000x1000, 119K)

>Windows 10

What the fuck is wrong with this list

>the more i argued with them, the better i came to know their dialectic

intelaviv paid them to intentionally show bad numbers for amd cpus. Once someone tricked the software by putting "intel" infront of the cpu name, suddenly, the numbers rose.

>intelaviv paid them to intentionally show bad numbers for amd cpus

This shit goes pretty deep.
Here's more examples of Intel fuckery.
Starcraft and Warcraft have both been made with the Intel compiler so the same effect happens here.
Rename your CPU from AMD to Intel and you get more frames.

us.battle.net/forums/en/sc2/topic/16203380383

us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/4079871855

>No CPU ID change:
>AMD --> 76min/102max
>Intel -->148min/212max

>CPU ID spoofed:
>AMD --> 127min/162max
>Intel -->88min/122max

The guy basically just switched around his AMD and Intel names and results were completely different.
Goes almost 10 years back.
Who knows how long they've been doing this shit and how many games it really affects. It's a pleasure to watch their empire of scams and lies crumble. Fuck Intel and their scammy practices.
If they were truly ahead of the competition there never would have been a need to fuck the competition over like this.

Attached: 8d22768afc494dbd917d9eb8732a7e7d.png (612x156, 149K)

Attached: 1537844131082.jpg (288x288, 29K)

>Do you blame intel for your micropenis and obesity too?
Confirmed Intel not only makes you fat but swipes half your dick when you aren't looking. This is the part where everybody gasps and buys AMD.

WTFFFFFFF

NOOOOOOOOOOO MICROSOFT I THOUGHT WE WERE BUDDIES AAAAHHHHHHHH NOOOO

Are you retarded? Each vendor has specific SDKs and APIs for accelerated encoding. Intel worked with a lot of software vendors to get their quick sync in. AMD had stream but besides posting a public SDK and documentation hidden on their old, garbage site they didnt lift s finger. They didnt even answer on their forums.

I sont think people realize how shit AMD is as a company for professionals. They wont lift a finger for you. That doesnt fly in any professional realm

They're just merely pretending xDDDDDDDD

OC

Attached: amdw10.jpg (2524x2148, 745K)

cute

DELET THIS IMMEDIATELY!

Attached: 1515145992968.jpg (691x771, 64K)

ARE THERE ANY REAL WORLD BENCHMARKS OUT YET?! DON'T GIVE ME FUCKING RELATIVE FPS! I WANT 99%s, 1%s and 0.1%s IN DEMANDING AAA TITLES, NOT SYNTHETIC BENCHMARKS!

>Even Microshafts is fighting to kill Intel
Wow.

ltsc doesnt have it so i dont care
god bless intel cpus

Not that we know of. If there were they'd be plastered all over the internet instantly.
We'll just have to wait for few weeks for them to appear. Best to put this stuff out of your mind for couple of weeks and then check back.

You sure?

This

wat

I just force updated it to 1903 and I'm getting 125-144 fps in Apex Legends on my 1600X(stock) when I was getting 110-130 before a month or two ago. I think it's GPU bottlenecked now.
I'd guess that even a 2600X could get a pretty solid 144 in that game now.

I just got the update and I see zero changes in DMC V, FF XV, and Civ
I see small regression in AIDA64 CPU benchmarks for almost all of the FP benchmarks. What gives? Did AMD lie?