Why do people use apple products at all after 2010 ended ? is there any other reason other than "its apple"

Why do people use apple products at all after 2010 ended ? is there any other reason other than "its apple"

Attached: huh.jpg (554x554, 29K)

My employer supplies me with a MacBook Pro.

To attract Satania’s attention. She literally cannot stop obsessing about itoddlers like myself, meanwhile gnusers go ignored

iToddlers aren't people.

it is a cult. literally. people are brainwashed retards. the sad things is that even very intelligent people who actually contribute to science use fucking macbooks. they give zero shits about freedom and user rights.

in marxian terms, apple represents an example of "commodity fetishism"
although i would tend to agree that intelligent people have a higher ability of self-deception. i would dispute that apple users do significant work in the sciences - where they are involved it largely seems to be in the periphery, and their beliefs and actions skew towards scientism (a cargo cult that mimics superficial aspects of the scientific progress in hopes of material goods, rather than salvation)

its not deception when my phone has sms forwarding on imessage for my ipad and macbook pro, and icloud backs up and syncs everything on my macbook with my phone and ipad, and all of my tabs and history on safari show up on all of my devices, along with imessage conversations, photos, and call logs. yea dude totally just a fetish and not actually supremely comfortable and not able to be replicated on any other platform. this is ignoring the fact that my macbook is a posix compliant unix system and seamlessly works along side my linux boxes as far as file sharing, ssh, and other things are concerned.

winblows

well yeah they've built a good 'ecosystem' and trapped you in when iPhone (and arguably MacBook) used to be the best in their niche, largely thanks to the most refined UI

Because they were the best at one point and people just stuck with them because "it's the best" even though that stopped being true after the iPhone 4s

Both and have pretty good points, apple like it or not does create a consistent ecosystem amongst all their devices, and their UI is pretty good looking, furthermore there is a very strong aspect of "prestige" in the brand, which whilst not increasing the usefulness of the device, it does increase it's desiredness amongst the masses.

I like my MBP from 2012. It's lasted me many years and is only starting to have hardware problems, as opposed to modern apple products which are apparently failing within a matter of months. Applel used to be good, but in future, I will probably buy a librem or corebootable business laptop and install GuixSD on it.

Ah yes the 2012 mbp, the last good one where you could replace the dvd drive with a second hard drive and set them up in a raid, those were the good days :')

also, the main reason I still like MacOS is because there's Windows, MacOS, and GNU/Linux. If you work for a company, they likely won't let you run GNU/Linux, so your remaining options are to have a bloated incompatible piece of shit that you have to hack at in order to get a solid, comfy environment, or an OS that is at least Unix OOTB and comes with a full set of BSD and GNU userland utilities.

a definite red flags

I meant the 2012 MBP retina. That was the first one to have a high display resolution (max 2880x1800), and I have a program that unlocks the scaling so I can have tons of windows on my screen all at once. Is quite comfy.

The incompetence of Apples competition.

Attached: bobbt big brain.jpg (750x760, 90K)

> ?
Go eat a lorie full of cow entrails, frognigger.

my setup
firefox sync (firefox browser is neutered on apple)
google sync/backup (does the same as icloud)
internet chat not sms
linux/windows
better hardware not as optimized which is meaningless if not same hardware. Apple exclusive apps have alternatives not a reason for me to limit myself by buying apple.

It is not out of the box experience like with Apple I give you that. SMS use is not as polished but SMS polish is worthless to me, I dont use sms.
I get things that I would not get on Apple and what I get is better match for my needs. Apple supports longer or makes getting support easier. Just works* until it doesnt. Users are not literate enough to be aware and apple always blames the user if things dont work or is silent. Manipulative.

I would not buy 1k brand clothing or hardware. Cringe when people flex with products that are waste of money. Little use for the amount of money spend. Could have been used more efficiently. Victims of manipulation. Invested and unaware. Yes there are people who get everything they need from apple but it is likely that apple users would get more from alternatives if they were not peer pressured to get apple in the first place. Not that every apple user is peer pressured, looking for status, stuck, or victims of aggresive sales tactics.

How is macos anyway? I get the vibe that everything is neutered in the "it just works, don't worry about it" sense. Meaning you can't configure anything, because your OS assumes you're an idiot who will just break things.

But that also seems where Windows is headed recently.