Let's be serious here

Let's be serious here.

Why can't AMD beat NVIDIA?

They're literally releasing cards with performance from 4 years ago for the same price as those cards from 4 years ago today.

You can buy a Vega 64 Nitro edition for $399 and still have better performance than this $449 piece of shit.

7nm my ass.

Attached: amd_radeon_5700_012.jpg (2040x1147, 340K)

Other urls found in this thread:

videocardz.com/newz/amd-announces-radeon-rx-5700-xt-50th-anniversary-edition
youtu.be/4u0NRgMyzEM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>No HDMI 2.1
>No VirtualLink
>No Variable Rate Shading
>No Ray Tracing
>225W HOUSEFIRES on 7nm

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

kek AMD Asian Persuasion DOA!

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

AMD keeps trying to burn peoples houses down, it's like Nvidia and Fermi.

I would still buy it if I didn't have my radeon vii

They are still on the designs made by Raja :poop:

>same performance as the 2060
>for 10% more money
>and without the raytracing

What the fuck were they thinking?

3 letters :
GCN

>No meme tracing

Let's be honest here for a minute. A 2080ti can barely push 1080p@90fps in a fully path traced game from 20 years ago. You can't really call that a half-assed feature that barely works a competitive advantage.

Ray tracing can be used for effects other than global illumination. Reflections for example

Going from wait time to real time anything is a competitive advantage. And its not "half assed" either. Anyone can download unreal engine and drag a ray trace based light source into the scene. Same will be true of Unity shortly as well.

Yes, but it has to be implemented for everything to get a realistic feeling. If half of the lighting is realistic and the other half is pre-rendered, it will still feel artificial and half-assed. Quake 2 RTX is the only game where I felt it made a real difference.

"will be", "shortly" are words that nvidiots used to make fun of AMDrones when they did not deliver on time. Call me when we have modern games that we can actually play at native resolutions with proper implementations. And no, "just reflections" or "just global illumination" are not proper implementations.

BLUNDER OF THE CENTURY

If the 5700 is almost $400 what the fuck will they price their 1660 competitor at?

Why no dedicated Ray Tracing hardware like PhysX cards used to be?

>If half of the lighting is realistic and the other half is pre-rendered, it will still feel artificial and half-assed.

that's literally how traditional lighting already works without ray tracing calculations in the mix...

Next gen consoles are confirmed to have ray tracing.
AMD has ray tracing hardware because supply the console parts.
AMD treats it's PC GPU division like 3rd rate citizens.

>Why can't AMD beat NVIDIA?

No R&D budget due to massive debt, so they had to channel most of the budget into Ryzen, as it had the better chance for them to come back. And it worked.

What's your point then?

And Nvidia treats their first world customers with features like 300$ g-sync tax, gameworks and 1200$ consumer GPUs. Great strawman there.

Does Navi still have traces of Raja’s work? My guess is that he was getting started with planned features etc for it before he left the company. Perhaps maybe we’ll see better GPUs when AMD starts developing without any contributions from him.

RTX is dissapointing
Navi is dissapointing

why even live

SpongeBob Battle For Bikini Bottom is getting remade

They're not even really trying to. Navi is a tiny die designed to be as cheap as possible to manufacture. TU102 is 754mm2 compared to the 251mm2 of Navi.

vega56/64 is not

why is amd releasing doa gpu?

Next gen consoles are going to have ray tracing, next gen consoles are 18 months out, AMD will have ray tracing on pc before then or by then

Its called a vega 56 with an undervolt

Cuck 2 rtx best game ever

>better than the 2070
>cheaper than the 2070
>DOA
The only thing DOA when navi launches is you

Attached: nvidiotsuicide.png (992x1043, 777K)

cause Huang has 10x dev budget and doesnt slack off (like incel been doing for a decade)

Attached: 809L43661wAYbPM.jpg (979x552, 106K)

>HDMI
That's a TV standard. PC monitors use Displayport

>by 10%
>by 10%
Yeah, gonna pass

>HDMI 2.1
RTX also doesn't have that tho

If it's actually 10% faster than 2070, then it's right in the middle between 2070 and 2080 and yet costs less than a 2070.

Good for them, but I haven't bought a 2070, I haven't bought a 2080, and I'm not gonna buy an RX 5700 XT either.

Great argument there genius. You know that PCs can be used with TVs and even Nvidia advertises this use case, right?

Attached: aXYXmZg_700b.jpg (288x381, 22K)

You know Nvidia doesn't use HDMI 2.1 either, right?

doubt that. it probably is in neutral games
everything nvidia sponsored will run on par at best, slower at worst
to win me it needs to be at least $400.
$450 is too much, i'm with this guy, this gen is not worth upgrading over 1070

No gen is worth upgrading over the previous gen so that's not an argument.
Prices are relatively high but that's Nvidia's fault. If Nvidia reacts with price drops then so will AMD.

>Why no dedicated Ray Tracing hardware like PhysX cards used to be?
They're called CPUs. I would think 2x the upcoming 64 core epycs could probably realtime raytrace. The problem is X86 duopoly and server markets keep prices massively inflated, top end epycs and xeons cost no more to build than high end GPUs but are sold for much more and you have to pay thousands more if you want the version with the firmware that allows more than 1 cpu. GPU raytracing is only really popular due to the massive x86 tax and because you can fit 4 GPUs per motherboard.

If they sold CPUs in GPU type designs with the soldered RAM and VRM on the CPU card and the motherboard was just a carrier with IO you probably wouldn't need GPUs any more.

then where is their 7nm gpu?

damage already don " amd not worth it"
won't sell. people will keep choosing nvidia over AMD.
also 1070 was worth it over 390

someone gib a non meme answer plz, why AMD is killing it on CPU division but on the GPU division they still suck dingleberry ass? is there an explanation for this?

Attached: 1558572853602.jpg (721x960, 73K)

>$110 for a new 580
They have the poor people market locked down

1070 was about 50% faster than a 390.
5700xt should be about 50% faster than a 1070.
What makes one a worthy upgrade but the other not?

hint: 50% is not a worthy upgrade either way.

navi is good performance and considering die size it's even brilliant, 225w tdp is nothing, specially considering all recent AMD GPUs
price is too high, nvidia made same mistake with RTX nobody buying them. they would take a bank with it at $400
basically RTG marketing is stupid.

it was bigger than 50 in ACO,TW3, shadow of war, shadow of tomb raider. Also I play at 1440, so that was a difference between 45 and 58 in most heavy cases.

>225w tdp is nothing
Literally:
>it's ok when AMD does it

wait for articus

>$110 for a new 580
Proof

you see me complaining 2070 is actually 30-35w over spec? I don't.
power under 250w doesn't matter.

>499$
>235W TDP
>mild clock boost
>still fucking blower
AMD lost their minds.

Attached: AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-50th-Anniversary-Edition.jpg (2165x1126, 222K)

nvidia released their RTX cards 9 months ago now. Since that time hdmi 2.1 TVs are now sitting on retail shelves. Missing hdmi 2.1 back then looked pretty bad, but at this point it is just pathetic. Especially when at the same show where AMD announced these shitty cards, Microsoft and Sony confirmed their next consoles would be hdmi 2.1

techpowerup says an average of 49% at 2560x1440 in however many games they average.

Attached: perfrel_2560_1440 (1).png (500x1090, 39K)

its the new AMD shill angle. disregard it. the cheapest I've seen new is 130 or so.

it's $449
225w
nobody buys reference coolers.

you s-see they cant make a good reference card because it will piss off all 4 of their AIB companies who only half make decent cards

>videocardz.com/newz/amd-announces-radeon-rx-5700-xt-50th-anniversary-edition
check again. its a anniversary edition to milk the customer

>power under 250w doesn't matter
I have both GTX 1060 3GB and RX 570 4GB and yes it fucking does. RX is fucking hot and it makes me angry every time I feel heat sitting near PC.

>proof
It's anecdotal anyways
Nothing shill about suggesting that amd doesn't even want to compete with high end cards, it would bankrupt them

HDMI 2.0 is good enough for 4k 60Hz and that's 99.5% of all TVs.
Again you are not buying a console. You are buying a PC.

Rtx is a series from 2018. Hdmi 2.1 wasnt even finished then, it was completed like Feb or March this year and er already have a bunch of TVs that support it

no the shill is saying you can get rx580 new for 110. when you tried it last night and then you posted to some used miner cards on ebay for that price.

at that resolution it's a huge difference.
thinking of that, does anti lag feature all games wide? this can be a big deal. if game feels like 60fps but runs at 45 they may have created eternal GPU, I personally wouldn't need to upgrade from that unless it falls under 35fps someday

Even the 1080 Ti has 2.0b, which could in theory get a firmware update to support VRR over HDMI. Seems unlikely though.

Less brains on amd workers

They shouldn't make a reference design at all FFS.

Just partner with Sapphyre and sell Nitros.
Nitros are fucking perfect

I ran 390 and switched for 1070, I feel no difference.
stop buying shitty blower cards.

hdmi 2.0 can't do 4k 60 Hz HDR 4:4:4 which is most TVs
also it seems hdmi 2.1 is needed for hdmi VRR which most TVs going forward will support (rather than amd freesync)
a $449 part is a premium price. It should come with all the new connectors and bells and whistles

Sandbagged

They haven't even said how the antilag works.
Displaying a frame quicker without also increasing framerate sounds like voodoo to me.

>130 or so.
For new one? No fucking way. Even in Russia (and prices here is extremely low) it's at least 180 for 4GB version.

Waiting for Samsung 7 EUV to enter high volume production

reference sells to OEMs as far as I know, it only sells a little to consumer market
but reputation hit is there regardless

Almost all monitors have at least one hdmi and most GPUs usually have at least one too. Right now hdmi 2.1 is the best connection hands down, AMD missed out on a chance to claim newer tech

are you kidding with extremely low prices? if you order it from germany I guess
it's 240 for 580 in the store.
damn 2070 costs exactly $600 here.

im talking about sales

Attached: Capture.png (696x112, 16K)

This is why.

Attached: xyYhFMkeAXota8U3giTDJC.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

If Navi supports freesync over HDMI, at least my Samsung TV will work, right?

>everyone I don't like is one shill
Top reddit

>Waiting for Samsung 7 EUV to enter high volume production
just read a rumor that Samsung will fab the new Snapdragon 865 with 7nm EUV. not much other news regarding Samsung, pretty sure they have the capacity to do both chips

they cut one of the stages somehow, something in navi let's you do that
question is how would you do that without touching frames, they would simply push performance to sky heaven if it was something simple like that. vodoo indeed.
it's a very big deal for consoles. imagine if console games would feel like on PC without it's usual input and low fps nausea.

I dont dislike you I know your just doing your job for some rupees

Why the fuck would a 1440p focused card need the cable bandwidth for 4k@120hz?

HDMI 2.1 is STILL at least 9 - 12 months from mass market, and only is included on pie in the sky oled 4k screens 80" or larger.

I can't use this r9 290 any longer bros... I have to upgrade but to what?

Attached: brown_bunny.jpg (900x960, 176K)

that's Todd quote.

The fappening isn't coming back user, you can go back

AMD 50th anniversary edition 5700xt.

And the xbox one x can do 4k gaming

The greatest competition the 2070 and 5700XT have are the old fucking GPUs. 1080/Vega are better value. What the fuck is wrong with the GPU market?

daww its so cute when they try to fit in

just get 5700xt from sapphire, it's x2 faster

based checkerboard + dynamic resolution render!

>What the fuck is wrong with the GPU market?
everything these days.

Most of research and development budget and development team went into Ryzen.

it's also on LG's 49 inch LCD which are cheaper than those retarded 4k 98 Hz gaymin monitors

Are you retarded? Every LG TV except the bargain bin entry leve IPS TV has hdmi 2.1. Their C9s have it up and down the stack and most likely the B9s will too once released. And all 8k TVs have it

LG C9 has 2.1.

youtu.be/4u0NRgMyzEM

Why do children care about their team winning so much?