Oh and also - DDR4 above 5000MHz is possible, despite Infinity Fabric's rumored/speculated "5000MHz limit"...

wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-9-3950x-16-core-cpu-5-ghz-overclock-ddr4-5100-mhz-world-record

>oh and also - DDR4 above 5000MHz is possible, despite Infinity Fabric's rumored/speculated "5000MHz limit", so expect 4400~4800MHz kits to be the sweet spot for the high tier RAM with the Zen 2

Attached: 92248bd8928b21893f39e7a5527b55e4fe13afb28f6c4f450b0ef6019818b416.jpg (640x721, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amd.com/en/corporate/product-security
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ANTISEMITISM

SHUT IT DOWN

If the next threadripper is anywhere close to this in single core performance and nearer to 64 cores than 32, I will pay double just for the privilege of buying the first one. Seriously, if it costs 3 grand, I'll order the CPU and upon arrival, I will send a $1500 check to Jim Keller and another one to Lisa Su.
It's over. Incucks annihilated forever.

Attached: 1553890943505.png (1050x700, 366K)

H O L O C A U S T

>everybody is a AMD shill now
And people say Intel is jewish

So now that Intel is ogre, who will compete with AMD?

Attached: 73614755_p0.jpg (2825x4095, 3.88M)

ARM

>everybody is a AMD shill now
Gee, I wonder why

Attached: 1551743658076.png (1452x892, 1.08M)

I hope not.

We need open source CPUs. Intellectual property law is how we lost a decade to Intel sitting on their quadcore asses.

ARM is different only in architecture. If they had Intel's dominance, they too would sit on thier asses, disallow licensing of their technology, and rape us for shekels just like intel. Except ARM is british, so that money would be going to a bunch of faggits.

>intel and amd are competitors
imagine being this naive. they are cartel

THIRDRIPPER will still be only up to 32 cores, as to not cannibalize on EBYN, but it'll have much have minimal and Turbo clocks across all cores, as well as much better latency and thermals/power envelope.

It just keeps on getting better and better. Like a gift that keeps on giving.
>Mfw have to wait till September to upgrade.

Attached: 1530117196742.jpg (240x240, 11K)

Loongson, MCST, VIA, ARM, Qualcomm. There was a couple more big players on the market, but I forgot the names.

>THIRDRIPPER will still be only up to 32 cores, as to not cannibalize on EBYN,
You really haven't learned anything from AMD doubling the number of cores per socket on mainstream and in servers, eh? 64 core Threadripper is 100% guaranteed to be coming.

You're being unreasonable and stupid, and even double dubs won't save you.

fuckin checked. 64 core Threadripper confimed

Attached: 1542603242778.png (1418x2150, 2.11M)

It's literally a core aspect of their competitive strategy up and down their CPU product stack. Of course they are going to apply it to Threadripper, because they know Intel is architecturally precluded from responding other than with $10,0000+ Cascade Lake AP 400w thermonuclear inferno housefires as paper launched workstation CPUs.

You can emulate an ultrasparc t2 or a leon 3 on your fpga board right now, they’re open source. They will run at around 100 MHz.

Why would anyone need 64 cpu cores on a desktop. 16 cores at 5 ghz are more than anyone will ever need for the next 20 years.

will i be able to use windows 7 on this?

What if they take the roomy TR4 PCB and stick in a GPU there? This could fit VRAM but it would also have quad-channel DDR4.

Attached: 1554851232347.png (242x314, 44K)

5ghz on LN2 is not exactly impressive.

>it's a-ok when Inturd brings an industrial chiller to an event just so that it can barely OC first two cores to boast a "HIGHER NIGGERHURTZ IN SINGLE"

>expect 4400~4800MHz kits to be the sweet spot for the high tier RAM with the Zen 2
It's amazing that they get paid to just make up bullshit like this, when AMD's own presentation had a slide saying that 3733MHz is the sweet spot.

when was that? The slide i mean

>get paid to just make up bullshit like this, when AMD's own presentation had a slide saying that 3733MHz is the sweet spot
5100MHz was just achieved my MSi and G.Skill on fucking AIR, you DUMB reality-denying fuck.

>Pushing dual channel to limits
>When it's much easier to make triple or quad channel
Honestly I don't get why AMD didn't go with triple channel memory for mainstream yet, especially with core counts reaching 16.

It will be Jim Keller against Jim Keller, what else can it be?

Yesterday of course.

The SWEET SPOT you retarded, Pajeet shill fucking cunt. Not the maximum achievable overclock. If you think that you're actually going to be running 5GHz RAM day to day, you are fucking dumb. Go ahead and try denying AMD's own slide, you street-shitting, reality-denying fucktard.

Attached: gs0rjum4im331.jpg (1024x522, 83K)

>Why would anyone need 64 cpu cores on a desktop.
Well, since you ask, I run a cryptocurrency bot that has made a lot of money and let me tell you this, when you have a websocket or FIX feed to dozens and dozens of exchanges, constantly checking through charts for patterns and buying opportunities on 10s of thousands of coins, the resource consumption starts to go up. I regularly and easily max out my 8700k on all cores and I'm always sitting at about 45GB out of 64GB of RAM and my RAM is maxed out. The workload is embarrassingly parallel so a 64 core TR with 128 GB would be sweet as pie.
I almost went there when the last TR came out but the single core speed just wasn't where I needed it to be but I think that'll be solved this time around. And as great as 32 cores would be for me, I guarantee I can find a use for them and another 32 to boot. And since I make mad cash with the setup money is basically no object though even with that I'll be damned if I'm handing Intel 5 figures for some Xeon housefire. Fuck that shit.

Attached: 1556846599812.png (1440x731, 540K)

Can't I just buy a 3000 MHz kit and OC it?

Attached: 1560014662266.png (1600x1300, 2.71M)

No one said anything about running 5GHz, you dumb cocksucking piece of shit. The mere FACT ALONE they were able to go beyond 5000MHz "limit" of Infinity Fabric means the said FUD about the "limit" was complete and utter fucking BULLSHIT, thus making 4400~4800 a VERY viable thing now.

>everyone praising AMD for raising their prices as Intel becomes more and more irrelevant
Why are you guys so fucking stupid? You're just going to replace one expensive CPU maker for another.
The whole point of ryzen was that finally Intel had competition and we would get a better market with cheaper products.
Now we have a $750 chip from AMD instead

a $750 chip that compete's with Intel's $1500+ chips

yes good luck paying for that super expensive RAM, especially if you're going 64GB+ RAM you will pay with it with your heart and lungs

>$750 for 16 cores is raising prices
Fuck off and kill yourself

2 DIMMs or 4 DIMMs?

>critical thinking hurts my head
Both existing Ryzen and intel clock higher than that on ln2. If that's the best you can do means zen2 hits the wall at 4.6-4.7 ghz.

What's the Jow Forums approved way of ryzen overclocking? Ryzen master or Bios?

>paying for that super expensive RAM
In case with AMD, it's absolutely justified. And been so for almost a decade now (since Llano).

Attached: 1551945858457.png (1338x1181, 69K)

I see your point, but this part seems strange:
>raising prices
2017: 16-core 1950X for $999.
2018: 16-core 2950X for $899.
2019: 16-core 3950X for $749.

Ryzen master eats CPU power like a bitch. Do it the man's way through BIOS.

that chart is rubbish because you can't tell the gainz from the OC from the memory freq

Not true

Out of the 4 in the photo only AMD Unboxed are true unabashed AMD shills. AMD Steve always goes out of his way to shit on Intel and pander to his AMDrone Patreon supporters, he's on record that he only uses the 9900k because AMD has nothing on it until the newest Ryzens.

Linus has shat on Intel since Kaby Lake yet all of the PCs at his office are all running on Intel. AMDrones paraded his video where he made a bunch of 2700X+2070 gaming rigs for his company yet AMDrones clearly never even finished the video and Linus literally says that they should have gone for the 9700k and the fat fuck built better gaming PCs for his company.

I don't watch Jay or Dmitri that often.

There's nothing wrong with Jewtubers shilling their favorite company, but shills have to be transparent which company they are clearly rooting for. I'm sure if Navi was a success AMD Steve would ditch Nvidia in a heartbeat too.

>they are cartel
If Intel had it their way they would prefer to wipe AMD off the map and vice-versa.

>Steve is a shill
>quite honestly admits the 9900x is better than Zen+

Attached: 1553537975847.jpg (558x614, 136K)

You're a retard, got it.

Reminds me of when they said AMD won't have a 16 core desktop part
Or back in the Zen 1 days where they said AMD releasing an 8c/16t chip for under 500 was impossible
Cope :)

IT JUST WORKS

>You're a retard, got it.
why now?

>you can't tell gains from faster RAM
>literally shows massive gains from RAM being slightly faster than Zen+'s minimal spec

except at the same time the cpu is ALSO overclocked...

So a bunch of e-celebs now in amd's paycheck

CHECKED AND CONFIRMED
INTLEL IS FUCKING OVER

Attached: themnos.jpg (1100x1380, 240K)

Let's go over the facts, shall we:
Intel
>some vulnerabilities found, but ALL of them have since been patched
>Intel ME has been locked down, audited by security experts, and is no longer a security risk
>patches have NEGLIGIBLE impact on gaming
>storage IO takes a slight hit
>much higher clocks (better for older games)
>much lower core and cache latencies (very important for gaming)
>more industry-adopted instruction sets, better optimization in Unreal Engine, Unity, Frostbite, etc.
>uses less power-per-clock and has better frequency-to-voltage characteristics (why Intel will always hit 5.0GHz and AMD will never be able to)

AMD
>Ryzenfall and 12 other vulnerabilities STILL NOT COMPLETELY FIXED
>PSP has been fully compromised and gives attackers complete access to all parts of an AMD CPU; AMD REFUSES TO DISABLE PSP ON ANY RYZEN CPU
>has performance loss with its already lower IPC (turning a shit hatchback into a shittier hatchback)
>literally slower NVMe throughput by default because AMD can't into IO queuing optimizations
>lower clocks than Intel's First Gen Core architecture
>almost twice or three times the latency depending on which cores are accessing which cache; made even worse with multi-die Ryzens (like all of the Ryzen 3000s)
>literally no one optimizes for AMD's instruction sets; locked out of the instruction sets the games industry uses
>uses far more power per watt because Infinity Fabric eats power the higher you clock it (guess what was exponentially increased on Ryzen 3000...)

Other notes - PICe Gen 4 literally doesn't matter
>storage IO loss literally doesn't matter for gaming because 99.99% of games doesn't come close to using a tenth of an NVMe drive's IO throughput
>4K 144hz gaming doesn't even saturate PCIe 3.0 x8

>has to use 50% more expensive RAM and a balls-to-the-wall OC to keep up with a low-end Intel
KEK

thanks for trying to reason with these rabid fanboys using facts&logic

Sadly, I predict it will be a wasted effort

Trump will be going after TSMC soon enough. Nvidia and AMD will suffer once TSMC is barred from doing business with the US

Intel is pozzed housefire garbage, deal with it.

>yang wins
>israel is nuked
>intel gets torn apart

That barely makes any difference. The OC is there simply to sustain RAM.

>Why are you guys so fucking stupid? You're just going to replace one expensive CPU maker for another.
>Now we have a $750 chip from AMD instead
Have you bumped your head, dude? This is by far the cheapest 16 core desktop/workstation ship that's ever seen the light of day.
If that MickeyD's paycheck isn't cutting it, you can step down to the 3700x and get 8 cores/16 threads for a little over $300.
>The whole point of ryzen was that finally Intel had competition and we would get a better market with cheaper products.
You don't say

And somehow the 8400 uses less power, runs cooler, and STILL BEATS a 2600X using almost twice the power, running hotter, and losing in all relevant games

>patched
>holes on hardware level
>patched

Attached: Intbecile 0880.png (400x400, 1.22M)

8400 is more expensive than 2600.
RAM advertised for Intel is more expensive than analogous RAM advertised for AMD

And then you woke up.

You can say the same for Ryzen, except it's made worse because the management engine inside all Ryzen processors has been completely compromised.

No amount of patching will prevent a hacker from seeing every single process if he has access to its PSP.

On the other hand Intel's ME is partially disabled and fully audited.

jay from jay's less than a dime will drop his CPU a few times, use spittle as TIM and run it with 4 sticks of 2GB RAM if the CPU still works at that point.
Just like all his previous Ryzen reviews.

>You can say the same for Ryzen
There's no hardware hole on Zen, Intbecile. Only software, and they've been mostly dealt with by now, with almost NO performance hit or features cut.

this
poozen is the biggest pozzed garbage but somehow AYMDshills will pretend it's safe

>No amount of patching will prevent a hacker from seeing every single process if he has
SEV, you dumb fuck. Eat shit, suck dirty nigger limp dicks, and die.

In other news, 2 years later, Gro$osft finally fixed their scheduler.
Actually, this might explain why zen2 looks good.
This is worth a whole new battery of benchmarks, as this applies back to first gen ryzen.

Attached: fgrdjgsjg.png (1773x996, 364K)

Then what is AMD's PSP?
It was first partially compromised by Ryzenfall and then completely compromised by security researchers early this year

Ryzenfall literally doesn't exist, you dumb fuck. It was confirmed to be a hoax, a FUD smear campaign.

PSP can still read the unencrypted processes and outputs out of memory you fucking mong

>sweet spot.
for latency, but unless their implementation for 2:1 mode is a total joke there should still be higher throughput for the trade-off.

Then why did AMD patch a non-existent security vulnerability? For the lulz?

imagine being this much of a paid AYYMD poozen shill

Attached: 70fb55fb4d0a91f145d66c26baa8f745.jpg (564x423, 28K)

Latency was massively improved upon even in Zen+ already. And Zen 2 is at least x2 times improvement off of that now.

Their fucking fault.
Now I understand this shit is most likely a NSA requirement to be able to sell your shit in the US, but when will they fucking learn?

they didn't go "beyond the limit of infinity fabric"(wtf kind of dumb meme-buzzword bullshit is this, anyway)
They only made it possible to run infinity fabric at 50% speed when using very high RAM speeds.

There was a hardening, it's a routine thing, not a knee jerk.

>they didn't go "beyond the limit of infinity fabric"
The speculated "limit" is literally said to be 5000MHz exactly, and MSi with G.Skill did 5100MHz. Are you stupid, or something? Can't count?

Hardening against a non-existent threat? And then making an official announcement that the vulnerability (their words) has been patched?

Sure thing, kiddo

Not really but to humor you, sure. That is until the next vector for exploits is found and you get another 20% of the performance lopped off of what you thought you'd paid for.
>Intel ME has been locked down, audited by security experts, and is no longer a security risk
False. It's still there, it is unremoveable from any up to date hardware, thus it is still a security risk.
>patches have NEGLIGIBLE impact on gaming
Not everybody is a gaymer. Many people have a highly threaded workload and with this latest release, Intel has nothing to compete remotely in the price range. And single core speed is comparable now so that is no longer a strike against AMD, they win again.
There's no point in arguing the rest of your nonsense when the bottom line is already set in stone. AMD is roughly equal in single thread workloads, they utterly dominate in multi-threaded scenarios, they're significantly cheaper allowing buyers to better spend money on other parts of their system, when the next Ryzen is released a year from now and another a year after that, it'll be a drop-in replacement in the x570 motherboard you get today. No having to rebuy everything for every ticktocktactoe++++++14nm+++ marketing point, hell, you even get a free high quality cooler thrown in to boot.
It's over, Incuck is done. Shills on unironic suicide watch.

>Hardening against a non-existent threat?
You really don't know/don't understand how market works, eh? Someone reports some shit, and EVEN if it turns out to be false/incorrect/made-up BS, a company STILL has to make sure it's product is protected well enough for such shit never to come through EVEN IF someone manages to create it in the FUTURE. It's literal-fucking-FUTURE PROOFING, a fucking INSURANCE.

Wow, imagine being in this much denial.

AMD admitted that all of the vulnerabilities CTS discovered were 100% real and needed to be addressed.

Guyz, calm the fuck down.
As much as we hear about all those vulnerabilities, we've yet to see a live example of actual shit being done with it.

take a look at again. Latency to RAM is the same or worse, my 2700X is running 32GB with 65ns, optimized 2x8GB setups get into the high 50s.
They increased L3 Cache and aim to improve access latency averages by not having to go talk to RAM (or his wife's son) as often as before.

2:1 mode.
2550 is not greater than 5000

Kys unironically.

>AMD admitted that all of the vulnerabilities CTS discovered were 100% real
You're literally shitting yourself right now before the entire internet by spreading lies. NEVER do that on Jow Forums, kid.

MDS is statistically impossible to exploit. Ryzenfall and Chimera takes a single human-caused opportunity to exploit. And no, like AMD themselves stated, you do NOT need bare metal access to exploit Ryzenfall, Chimera, or any of the other 13 AMD-only vulnerabilities

Damn I'll just wait for 5ghz+ ram then
3200 cl14 is plenty fast for now

pls teach me how you got so many shekels

Slit your wrists right this very instant, you piece of retarded Intbecillic shit:

amd.com/en/corporate/product-security

Attached: Longer is better.png (1414x657, 543K)

Memory clockspeed is a meme on ryzen.
I run 2666Mhz cl12, and It's the fucking same as 3200 cl14.

>they use the better product for their use cases
>they are shills
What