Why does OpenBSD spread lies like this?

Why does OpenBSD spread lies like this?
openbsd.org/images/43song.gif

Attached: 1560255974087.gif (395x1720, 330K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html
gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What is it lying about? the GNU GPL license?

That Theo was offered to be rich

lmao the fuck is this cringe shit

>the GNU GPL license?
Yes. You can sell GPL'd software, as long as you share the source.
I'm not sure why the BSD retards want their software to be made propietary, that's quite cucked. Although, they don't seem to care about freedoms at all, seeing that they bundle nonfree software with their OS, and their usage of the words "open source" and "linux os".

good post

Yes. In Richards own words: They are open source boosters. BSD devs only care about the quality of the code, not about freedom.

somebody without autism explain this comic to me

It's literally drawn by an autist that depicts other autists arguing about semantics (as in, which is free'er, the GPL which demands freedom for derivative work, or BSD licenses that allow derivative work to be proprietary and unfree).

>abloo bloo GPL bad

you first need to decypher it

Take equal parts Monster and Absolut and it will make sense eventually.

it only makes sense if you have a 9 digit IQ and haven't left the house in over 1 month

its making fun of GPL and richard stallman with homers odyssey allegory. rule 0 is a joke that richard stallman cant comprehend no rules

Theo told the DARPA glowies to fuck off.

He's based.

>rule 0 is a joke
Read the papyrus scroll, there is a rule 0 there.

WHY DO FISH NEED A BOAT

Attached: 1545222938035.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

I cant read hieroglyphics

0. Freedom means you cannot dictate what others will do.

It's rotated 360 deegres.

Along which axis?

hehehe

ok but freedom 1 is invented--you can totally sell your code if you want. but no one will buy it when its bsd licensed they will just take it. hope this helped.

Putty gets told that he's a cuck and could get rich, so he swims out to search for profit. Eventually he visits GNU country, populated by RMS and his follower. But Puffy doesnt find profit, instead he finds RMS and his restrictive GPL rules that forbid everyone to make profitt[1].. But Puffy is clever, he knows that these rules are a made up for this comic and that the real rules are different[2], so he quotes rule zero "the freedom to run the program as you wish" from the real rules, which leads to RMS crashing and Puffy takes over GNU country (in reality Puffy just goes back home, working everyday, permissive licensing everything, so everyone can make profit except Puffy).
1. gnu.org/philosophy/selling.en.html
2: gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html

yeah theres a dream sequence--the first panel is reality (being told to sell out and help others profit by bsd licensing) and everything after (fighting off monsters, toppling rms' ideology, being hailed by the villagers) is the dream

rule zero is that nobody can tell you what to do

ok who told puffy what to do? puffy is free to make up a comic where he makes up the rules like rule 1 ("you cant sell software")

I'm not arguing user, the comic is autistic as fuck. I'm just explaining the """joke""".

>ok who told puffy what to do?
The stallman fish is literally telling puffy what he must do.

>Rule 2: You must give it only to me, so I can distribute it to the good people properly! For Free!

a) Welcome to anarchy.
b) Not rule zero of GNU country.

see

im glad i dont share philosophical views of "The stallman fish" then :)

puffy meets the free headed botnet dragon that fucks up his mind and forces him to spread proprietary software friendly licencing oversea

bsd licenses allow you to take existing code and use it in proprietary software by redistributing it in binary form with the original licensing. therefore there is no guarantee the original author will get credit or remuneration, or that the end user will be safe from shady practices (botnets, malware, keyloggers)

gpl licensed software intends to be "free" by offering also the source code with every release and as such can not be made closed source/non-free/proprietary. see the four essential software freedoms for more information.

Why does the fish look like a cuban rapist? Jesus Christ

>cuban rapist
Is there something you want to talk about, user?

based Puffy

Attached: poster4.jpg (549x808, 409K)

Stay by your phone. The pope is about to call. You are being made the patron saint of the FSF

>still no OpenBSD people ITT defending
sad

OpenBSD has no users, why is this surprising? Pic unrelated, thought I had one of Theo, but didn't, so here, have a rainbowpilled Rob Pike instead.

Attached: rob-pike.jpg (508x400, 57K)

Freedom means you cannot dictate people to not dictate people

hahaha

where do you illiterate, ill informed numbskulls get your information from? You can make all the profit you want and have the GPL. Nobody is stopping you selling software providing you put up all the source code that is licenced under GPL. There are many companies who add on their own proprietary code to the GPL software and sell that. Just because you asswipes think you know something, it doesnt mean you actually know it. Example. I write firmware for a router. I use some firmware that is licenced under the GPL and written by others, as a base code. I add on to that some software I wish to sell. I make the GPL part free and supply the source code, but if users want to upgrade to my version, with my patch that adds functionality they pay $xx.xx USD. Look at the TIVO boxes, Look at software such as DD-WRT
The stuff that runs on x86 is not free - you pay
DD-WRT is Linux-based firmware for wireless routers and access points.
License: Various proprietary and free software
Preview release: Constantly being updated in beta form in forums or at download1.d...
Type: Router operating system
Developer(s): Sebastian Gottschall / NewMedia-NET

On the internet, we say "LOL"