This is 1000$ e-reader

Unlike LCD screens, 13.3” (similar to A4 size) E Ink high resolution flexible display, best screen size for scanned PDF documents, has no glare, just like reading and writing on real paper.
Quad core processor — faster and more responsive than previous generations.
Dual touch technology (finger touch + stylus touch) helps you manage your Max2 easier and simpler.
Wacom 2048 levels pressure sensitivity gives real pen-to-paper experience. Sketching, drawing, note-taking, and handwriting all become very easy and handy.
Android 6.0 offers better compatibility and expansibility to third-party applications.

Attached: maxpro01.png (600x706, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sony.com/electronics/digital-paper-notepads/dpt-series
aliexpress.com/item/33030166567.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why the fuck does an ebook reader need a quad core processor

Who the fuck uses ebook reader with an lcd screen? I had one with eink screen decade ago or so.

The Likebook MImas is better or equal in every single spec, while being much cheaper. The only downside is that it's 10.3''. And if I recall that model you posted doesn't have a backlight for reading, which the mimas also has.

I am waiting for Dual Xeon 128GB ram e-reader

enjoy your housefire ereader faggot
everyone knows you need at least 64 cores in an ereader

This was obviously written by a chink

just get a kindle

>android
lmao.

You can tout flexible displays all you want but the electronics and outer casing isn't.

I've got one of these. It was more like ~$700. Best e-reader I've ever owned. AMA

You're all posting in an engrish advertisement thread.

Attached: 1500798998377.png (384x390, 153K)

pirated files? How do I upload and read them? I have gigabytes of these.

does it support djvu and crappy formats like epub?

why, it is established and cheap tech. even chinks mastered it

pay-walled botnet which spy on you and search your storage?

are you a retard?

flexible e-ink display might solve the fragility issue mainstream displays have. If I can knock the display against a table on accident and not have the whole ereader become unusable without screen replacement, that's a huge breakthrough

E readers are so slow I don't know of its the software or hardware.

>Wacom 2048 levels pressure sensitivity
Wait a second, why would anyone need precision input in a device that has horrible display lag, with refresh rate measuring in seconds per frame rather than fps?
Has e-ink technology advanced that much in the last year or two that I wasn't paying attention? What are the current top refresh rates a quality e-ink display can achieve?

unironically nothing to hide as your storage is only composed by ebook files

how ? i've had one for years and while it has wifi i never had to connect it to anything.

Attached: 1551141910570.png (640x719, 650K)

>android
>third-party applications
>connectivity
I want a dumb display that reads SD cards with PDFs or image files on. No fucking app store, built-in storage, or networking.

Attached: Neneno.png (330x480, 23K)

Drag and drop anything you want, no conversions necessary.

Supports: TXT, HTML, RTF, FB2, FB2.zip, FB3, DOC, DOCX, PRC, MOBI, CHM, PDB, DOC, EPUB, JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, PDF, DjVu, MP3, WAV3

I'm also curious about this. What's the benefit of a "quad core processor" (which might be a 2+2) if the displays are the biggest bottleneck?

Am I fucking EXTREME reading?

>micro-USB instead of USB-C
>no SD card slot

DROPPED

>no SD card slot

Granted it would be nice, but it's got 32G of internal memory, I've got a shit ton of books on it right now and I'm barely making a dent in the storage.

This thread reminds me of that time when some user posted a Mega link with like 2GB worth of books

Attached: 1559536925049.jpg (468x447, 20K)

thehiddenbay.com?

yea, so what? check this shit out sony.com/electronics/digital-paper-notepads/dpt-series

I was going to get one but now I'm just going to get one a kobo forma (8" screen, 300dpi) so I can pirate textbooks and read them. I don't need to write shit down. apparently the sony dp and boox lag a bit when writing anyways.

>but now I'm just going to get one a kobo forma (8" screen, 300dpi)

An 8" screen is still not going to render PDFs well

>Likebook MImas
I had a kobo with a 6" screen 300 dpi and it worked, I'd have to zoom in a bit but only a bit. I'm pretty sure 8" is enough. But your're right, I'd prefer a 10" or 13" like sony dp but its twice the price

the greentext was by mistake

Too expensive for an ebook reader.

I had originally wanted a sony 13". after checking the specs the sony was too locked down and didn't support that many formats. This led me to getting the Boox Max2. Yeah it's expensive, but if you can replace buying overpriced textbooks with it, then it will pay for itself quickly.

and you'd be the first one to bitch about the price even though someone had to write an os to run a pdf reader to display those files

>rdditfag
>afraid of his storage being searched
Neck yourself, pedo.

How much RAM?
>my e reader crashes when trying to load the bible

>disable wifi
>load up books with Calibre if they need conversions
>enjoy reading without spying or paying

Or if you're really paranoid wrap some foil around the case to block potential signals. Otherwise, Paperwhites are the objectively best e-reader for the price.

>pay-walled
>reads anything sideloaded just fine

How about you buy this one instead.
40 bucks, and it doesn't have a shitty touch screen.
aliexpress.com/item/33030166567.html

This looks good I'd like one for drawing but would probably only use it a few times kek
even if a format isn't natively supported you can jsut install an app it runs android

not him but kindle screens are pretty shit, think im gonna swap my kindle out for a kobo aura one soon

epub is the standard format for ebook except for kindle

Well yeah, it's like something that costs 2.8-times more has better hardware.

sounds cool but the real question is how responsive is it?
isn't e-ink fundamentally limited in speed?

How often do you change pages in a book you autist?

400 times per book? retard
constantly going through interruptions between pages is like watching a movie at 10fps

>interruptions
It takes more time to switch RL page than on any e-ink.

using a PC or laptop is superior to both, you get a huge monitor and can use a remote too. can wall mount an arm and lay in bed reading for the IDEAL READING EXPERIENCE
if I needed portability I would probably just get a cheap Kindle since the input lag is the same anyway and it wouldn't matter as much if it broke/got lost/whatever

I want one of these for technical manuals in .pdf format, im not prepared to pay 1000 dollars though, half that maybe, i could buy a damned 12 inch surface pro for 1000 dollars, but i obviously lose the advantage of battery life, screen readable in bright light etc.

6 inch and 7 inch e readers are too fucking small.

I wonder if there are any 12-14 inch tablets that have a 1080p or better screen and are

thats just html anyway.

Oh cool, im the guy who just posted about wanting a boox but is not willing to pay such a high price, the mimas might be an option, wish the screen was a little bigger though, but will check it out.

Thanks user.

I've honestly considered getting 2x 6 or 7 inch readers and putting a .pdf on both of them and just having half of the page on each in landscape mode.

1000 for a large e reader is fucking insane.

They should just make a screen with dp input

nah for a non paper white kindle you pay like 100 gbp and the aura is simialrly priced maybe a tiny bit more, it has way more storage and a higher dpi screen. I regret getting the kindle as it's awful for manga. You can barely read the text

I've got one. It has microHDMI in as well so you can use it as a monitor.

>1000 for a large e reader is fucking insane.

It was $750 on Amazon. I thought the same thing when I started looking. I have owned one of the early sony readers and three generations of Kindles. I read a lot. One thing that I always hated is downloading something then having to open up Calibre and convert it. Also PDFs look horrible on Kindles and that's one of the main reasons I bought the boox, I don't have to do anything to the PDFs, they render full size.

>the only downside
Give me a fucking break. Your device is worthless if it's not the same size as an actual sheet of paper. Why would we want to read A4-formatted PDFs on any other size screen?

Why not just a bigger sized standard ereader in A4?
Who needs all that other stuff.

>2019
>not using microfiche
HAHAHAHAHHA

Attached: 1368234144242.jpg (640x427, 100K)

go ahead open up epub then you cocksucker

Fuck Microfiche.

I work at a Ford dealership as a commercial diesel parts guy, and have to use these for ancient, obsolete L9000 series rigs.

Fuck that thing straight into oblivion.

Get a Samsung note and you've zero glare or light where the screen is black and a stylus (wacom sourced tech) included

Hmm, looks neat

>scroll down to the reviews
Oh...

I have 33GB e books. I also have some articles but I don't think they are many MBs, perhaps about 1GB.

>he doesn't have 1 core per GB of RAM
do you enjoy wasting your life?

It's probably cheaper to make than single core CPUs.
Besides PDF performance on normal single core e-reader CPUs is absolute shit

APPLEFAG BTFO

Attached: 1559323188246.gif (500x491, 376K)

>how come my car keys have an Intel 486 when a 8086 is more than enough?

It’s loaded with Google spyware, sadly.