/spg/ - Smartphone General

My Next Phone Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: asus-zenfone-6-back-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/sci/thread/10708201#p10712026
warosu.org/sci/thread/10708724#p10712551
xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-custom-rom-twrp-lineageos/
warosu.org/g/thread/S71356421#p71357818
youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly, I have to try this one out. My other options are the Exynos S9 and Note 9 which sucks, garbage battery life and bloatshit OS. The Pixel has terrible hardware, no jack, no expandable storage. The Zenfone has it all, and it's too tempting to skip. I know the bad display meme isn't real since a lot of sites showed that you can calibrate it and apart from the peak brightness thing and maybe the rattling camera complain, there are zero issues. I'd rather gamble with those than the intolerant battery life of the Galaxy phones or the gimped dogshit hardware of the Pixels.

>tempted to buy OP7P
>Don't like the stupid pop up camera

;_;

The poco f2 dream is not dead

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-11-14-41-47-1.png (720x499, 117K)

isn't that always true for smartphones? feels like they release them so quickly that you never have to wait for more than a few months for them to get cheaper, apart from the most dominant flagships maybe

But it's already happening. Announcement tomorrow.

>The rebadged Redmi K20 Pro will be called Mi 9T Pro but also thePoco F2 Proin some markets.

>Xiaomi with their waiting game all over again
Just fuck off and give me dat K20 already !

5G is harmful. Thousands of studies over decades. Peer reviewed, etc.

Links to the archive, some good information.
Start of my own post chain.
warosu.org/sci/thread/10708201#p10712026
And an index in one post.
warosu.org/sci/thread/10708724#p10712551

Attached: USSR, 1960-2.png (894x669, 216K)

Why do I need to give F-droid's Maps access to my location? Can't I just download and look at some offline maps at my own discretion?

K20 Pro isn't out yet and this chink is already shilling another flagship killer? What the fuck lol, I don't want a dogshit corner cut shitphone, the K20 Pro is good enough.

fuck off back to facebook,boomer

Mi A3 when?

Hello /spg/, I just got a Galaxy S9, it's my first smartphone. It has Facebook preinstalled and a bunch of Samsung bloatware that I can't uninstall through the app settings. Is it worth it to root it? What are the potential risks? Do I lose out on any functionality if I do so? I have no interest in Samsung or Google Pay or anything like that. I just want control over my fucking device.

I really wish Xiaomeme would announce their phone in batches instead of dropping new phone every 2-3 months

You really think that makes the situation go away.
Hahahaha

Anyone here has a Oneplus 7 Pro?
How is the build quality and the UI/bloatware?
I currently have a Note 8 but I really hate Samsung shitty UI and bloatware so I was thinking of either getting a Oneplus or saving up for an iPhone.

OnePlus is renowned for their high quality UI. Very fast and clean, highly customizable and little to no bloat. OxygenOS is what pushed me to get a OP7 pro instead of upgrading my S8 to S10

At this point, should I just wait to get a phone with 5G? I have a Moto G5 Plus, but I fugged the camera glass and headphone jack. I can replace the camera glass, but the headphone jack might be a lost cause. I can go with this phone for a while, but the headphone jack is an inconvenience.

whats this thing about calling everyone boomer? you are aware "boomer" is for people born in the 60s right?

when is the fucking phone coming out in the us

He is not.

How is the curve? Is it distracting?
Also how does the build quality compare to other flagships?

Where do you live? Is infrastructure being deployed that will allow you to take advantage of 5G anytime soon?

Industry shill detected.

I just ordered it on Monday so I haven't got it yet. I heard a lot of complaints about the curve but I have a Galaxy S8 at the moment and that has a pretty noticeable curve if you're not used to it. I doubt it'll be an issue.

Can't comment on build quality but most reviews seem positive.

*realist. FTFY

t. newfriend

Live in the US, so I bet it will roll between 1-2 years. No reason for me to upgrade soon, annoying that I need to fiddle with the headphone so it isn't super quiet or hisses. Probably going to buy a Bluetooth adapter with a headphone jack.

My obscure chink phone has some cracks on the corner from a mild drop. What do?

Saw that the Asus Zenfone is on Amazon for $389AUD which is a really good fucking price.

My Oneplus 3T screen is falling off, should I get it?

Probable industry shill as well.

Buy a new one.

t. nigger without cellphone infrastructure

Dimwitted post.

Industry shill.

Literal boomers are all about conspiracy theories. They prefer to think that all death and disease has a human cause, because at least then it's within human control.

They're going to find the guy what gave their kid the autism and tar and feather his establishment ass, then everything will be back to normal, like in a movie.

It's actually going to be the mid 20's generation, if anyone, that find and eliminates the cause of these problems. Either that or the problems will kill them, because they can't be allowed to live.

The cause of autism is low child mortality.
Duds who should have died of polio beget duds who should have died of meningitis beget duds who post on facebook and beget duds with autism. It's genetic. It's you.

Have sex incel

The cause of autism is toxic load and trauma to the brain.

-Prenatal vaccines
-Garbage food and water quality
-Administration of pitocin
-Early clamping of the umbilical cord
-Vitamin K.
-Vaccines.
-More vaccines.
-Some more vaccines.
-Lack of breastfeeding. Toxic formula.
-Exposure to microwave radiation, which we know alters calcium which will induce autism on its own. Refer to Timothy syndrome.

There ya go. Solution to the autism epidemic, ie medical maiming.

This is what happens when you badmouth Facebook. Boomers come out of the woodwork.

Do you believe in the heritability of genes, or is disbelief in Noah's ark also a cause of autism?

Vitamin K is found in spinach, which boomers hated in childhood. Coincidence? I think not.
Another boomer connection is that bottle feeding was most common in the mid-twentieth century, giving birth to the most disgustingly illogical and extraverted generation of all time.
They were also raised on canned food, canned fruit, and canned tuna, but apaprently mercury and aluminium are only harmful to lesser mortals.

Any better choices than the Redmi Note 7 in that price range? Or wait for Mi A3?

If it's just a dent on back side, it's the most painless replacement you could do. And you can do it yourself.

...Clamp.
:^)

Attached: clamp.jpg (2801x2202, 842K)

Another day, another cancer cell.

B-because of 5G! We have to stop 5G, so that we won't turn into decrepit, poor, clapped-out losers from the Midwest!

What the fuck could I be shilling? 5g is going to be the next network tech, and its already starting to roll out. There's nothing to shill if there's nothing to sell. I seriously hope your not talking about "much cancer" with 5g

More like 5 Great big penises in your mouth.

>Pixel 4 will not have fingerprint unlock
>XL will be notchshit
DROPPED.

Just bought the Samsung Galaxy S10e for $580. Upgrading from Pixel 1 XL with major performance issues and a broken headphone jack. How'd I do?

Attached: 8765467876543.jpg (1102x988, 202K)

The Mi 9T Pro is being released tomorrow so you fucked up.

for those of you with the oneplus 7 pro

is the size an issue?

ive had a OP3 since it launched and its quite a bit smaller

depends, are you a manlet?

Quick question for moto G6 owners.
I came from a moto x pure, and I noticed that the sound levels are really low on the moto g6.
Also, the equalizer setting for music can only be adjusted with dolby audio.

Are these 2 issues connected, or does the moto G6 just suck when it comes to music playback?

Are there any tablets on sale now which are LOS compatible? It seems all tabs on LOS are years old.

Not a manlet 6'4, the size combined with the curved screen just doesn't cut it for me, and all that size without exceptional battery times, made me sell it and turn to 6T until something new comes out. The 90hz is not a meme tho

Is Faceslim on Fdroid or any other Foss Facebook app worth a shit?

Just plain sucks.

Frost works well enough for basic messenger needs

That sucks, the size is the main thing holding me back from buying

Not really a fan of the pop up camera either

>asus sent out some zenphones to people that work on lineage, omnirom, carbonrom, google camera ports, twrp and proton/kirisakura kernels

is asus based?

It's time to man up and buy the Pixel 3a XL.

*Pixel 3

a-any reason not to buy the Redmi Note 7 for 176€ (64GB)?

Attached: 1342723958192.jpg (681x475, 191K)

sauce?

Is there a rumored price of the 9T? I need something in the range of $200 to $300 (I'm kind of a poorfag, $300 is like a whole month salary to me)

Why can't we have more phones like this design-wise?

If the software wasn't shit, Meizus would be the best phones around.

Attached: meizu-16s-1.jpg (630x700, 76K)

xda-developers.com/asus-zenfone-6-custom-rom-twrp-lineageos/

don't buy such an expensive phone then... don't buy what you don't need if you're short on money. I bet your current phone is still good.

Gonna get a new phone next year.

Currently rocking the LG G6.

Should I look to get an iPhone or stick with Android?

Not worth a damn when the whole thing rattles and a ton of dust gets into the camera unit.

does the redmi 7 feels cheap in the hands?

I like back plastic but I haven't had a plastic phone since the moto g4

Why do phone manufacturers focus on increasing megapixels?
More pixels on a sensor means smaller photosites, and that means less light and decreased sensitivity. 40+ megapixels is totally useless, low light performances matter more, especially on phones.
In 2014, when the norm were about 25-30 MP on DSLR, Sony released a 12 megapixels full frame camera that annihilated the concurrency in terms of low light performances.

Instead of one standard focal camera with a shitton of MP and a second wide-angle camera, there would be more sense to put two camera of the same focal length, one "day" camera with a lot of MP if you want and a "night" camera with like 8MP but very good high ISO performances

Attached: file.png (450x352, 45K)

I've never bought a phone before, and after some research, I'm thinking about going with a Motorola X4. Would any of you recommend the X4/Moto phones in general?

>want chink phone that supports lineage os
>all of them have fingerprint readers
Can I disable the fingerprint reader with tape?

tin foil should to the job

Mi 9 SE or REDMI NOTE 7????? HELP

The Mi 9 SE has the upsides of having:
>more metal instead of plastic
>AMOLED instead of IPC
>better CPU
But at the same time:
>no headphone jack
>slow fingerprint inside screen
>more expensive
>shit XDA support, almost no ROM available
I don't know what to do bros

Attached: 4613276df1f9efd3388716ad7f0ff9675f81b0ae1f6e8423073e2d50c73bf8f4.jpg (460x467, 35K)

forgot to add:
>worse battery (3070mah) compared to the redmi
>"smaller" screen

warosu.org/g/thread/S71356421#p71357818
To this user from last thread, It's the battery.

I have the same phone, just the US Edition. I've had it for around 3 years now and the battery in the Moto X Play/Style/Pure Edition was never that great, even on release day. You'd get around 3 hours SoT.

Even if the internals are good, you're probably better off getting a new phone. The 808 isn't that great either, and the heat is insane.That isn't good for the battery, and most likely aided in it's rapid degredation. It's a bad design flaw. Replacing the battery for one of these phones isn't easy either, the batteries are low in stock and supply.

Most are suspected to be factory rejects being resold or third party bootlegs.

You should just get a new phone. If you want to stick with Motorola, get the Z4.

Attached: moto-x-pure-style-1000l8co7u6m.jpg (1000x1000, 182K)

the list of developers is fucking great and they're getting Arnova to dedicate time to a GCam Port
and you have experience with this or are you just parroting FUD?

I'm on the same boat. Another plus for the Mi9SE imo is the size. It's price has also dropped significantly lately.

None of them have a notification led and yeah, too bad about the lack of jack and worse battery.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to man up and get the Zenfone 6. It'll have great support with custom ROMs and whatnot. Far more polished phone than chinky garbage.

Seriously considering getting the old xperia play and using it as my primary phone. Any advice on improving the UI a e s t h e t i c and getting the most out of the phone in the current year?

Attached: xperia-play.jpg (600x560, 70K)

Why does this board attract such useless trogs? Don't buy an antique shitphone.

>Zenfone 6.
Shitty brand and literally twice as expensive. Th-thanks.

Just bought mi mix 2s 6/128 for 230 euros 2 months used
Did i fucked up

>xperia
oh come on. what makes you think that this would be a good idea?

it was slow as fuck when it came out
it wasn't very reliable
it's a pain in the ass to fix

t. owned one, it was great for PSX games and that's it
just buy a fucking Vita and crack it.

What's a good Twitter client for Android? I saw the Talon dev put his code on github, but I'm a mobile fag and I don't know how to compile.

Attached: 1556870361709.gif (100x100, 23K)

oh also:
The screen is tiny and shit
The controls are uncomfortable for long play
The wake switch in the screen slider is extremely unreliable
It's phenomenally slow, like it's frankly amazing it runs a PSX emulator at full speed at all.

Used a P30 pro for a bit. It seemed very impressive in videos and reviews but seeing it person made me feel like the 5x zoom was a bit overrated.
I'd rather have great HDR and more true to life colors in video.

Should have went with the 3a XL.

$480

Attached: 3axl.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

JUST GOT MY NEW OP7 PRO AMA NIGGAS :)

Am I the only one who actually likes the aesthetic of the notch?

Attached: 1560128100244.jpg (1279x712, 120K)

The build quality is meh. Glass back and a plastic frame. Jerryrigeverything has a video about the durability on youtube. But with a hard case it should be fine.

We should really put together a recommended apps list. Seems strange that there isn't one already.

Attached: 1521131094007.jpg (450x600, 62K)

how bad is the curve? any ghost touch issues on CPU-Z app? r u worried about phone randomly dying?

not that dude but first phone i had with the curve, got used to it in 2 days, i'd prefer a flat display but it doesn't bother me too much

didn't have any problems with ghost touches or it rebooting or something

youtube.com/watch?v=m9We2XsVZfc

screen is beautiful curve is nice. I don’t have the cpu Z app but ive read that they fixed that problem in the latest update. no it seems fine so far.

I gonna do it. I don't know why people really need to have super high-end phones just to phonepost and watch videos. Don't act like you're really doing anything that requires even a quarter of the processing power or modern smartphones.

Controls look comfy for old games, and if it can text and browse twitter I'm good. Was just wondering how to make it pretty. I never got into android ricing when it was really popping on here.

Bezels are gonna come back and new innovation will be to add and improve cameras. Maybe flexible screens

Attached: 000101 (3).png (1920x1080, 1.01M)

how long does a burger (verizon) need to wait for:
under screen front camera
no bezel or notch or holepunch or curved screen
fingerprint scanner anywhere
decent camera w/ gcam
amoled
1080p or higher
sd 855 or better