How fucked are you?

The Adblock Detection tool was created to show people that the use of some filters can be detected, and this can help attackers to identify you.

What I am talking about? Few cases:

> The person changed the IP address using VPN, changed the browser and system language. Everything indicates that he is from the UK. But, he has a Japanese filter in ad blocker subscriptions — this may reveal that he has something to do with Japan.

> Tor Browser is designed so that one person with a «Tor Browser on Windows» does not differ from another person with a «Tor Browser on Windows» (they stopped the war trying to hide OS as far as I can tell) within the same version of Firefox ESR.

> By default, Tor Browser does not contain an ad blocker, but some people install it to reduce network traffic and block ads. They do not realize that this action will make them different from other TBB users, especially if they change the default set of subscriptions.

> Even if you think this threat is too far-fetched, people have a right to know.

> There is no any «Anti-Adblock» on this page. It does not fight with ad blockers to show more ads or something like that. Trying to break this page, you are not doing anything good, but falsely satisfying your users' concerns.

browserleaks.com/proxy

Attached: browserleaks-proxy-2019_06_11-19_35_54.png (930x1106, 734K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues/issues
github.com/PeterBadzhakov/HostBuster
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

My hosts file contains 61.4 megabytes of unique entries, I run no javascript or css at all.

(((JavaScript))) BTFO

Attached: 1534314003583.png (906x442, 38K)

All the money you spend counter detecting my ad-igoring is simply more money they have to spend to try and market to me. It adds nothing to their bottom line.

In that respect, a win. The sudden panic of all these conglomerates seems to indicate that their click-bait based model of shitty advertising is falling down around their fucking heads. Here's why this is a good thing...

How do you update it?

With a shell script I made. I pass a file of links to hosts files and a file of domains to grep-whitelist and it does its thing.

Any Palemoon/myPal/ancient XUL firefox users can test if it works on that?

>But, he has a Japanese filter in ad blocker subscriptions — this may reveal that he has something to do with Japan.
That's why you enable every single filter.
We've known this for years, why is this newsworthy?
>> By default, Tor Browser does not contain an ad blocker, but some people install it to reduce network traffic and block ads.
What part of "DO NOT INSTALL ANY ADDONS" do people not understand?

people are generally stupid bro

Attached: 1503710900940.jpg (783x800, 230K)

>What part of "DO NOT INSTALL ANY ADDONS" do people not understand?
My "good faith" guess is that people who use adblockers in tor browser do so because they just want to access "normal internet sites" which are blocked where they live and they don't want use noscript (like 95% if not more of today's ads are simply not showing without memescript).

which one of you faggots is this

Attached: absolute.png (810x102, 8K)

This.

Lol if you don't run noscript + ublock

lol that made the writer write that last line on OP

hahah. but seriously;
1) how is this exploited (javascript??)
2) will it be patched?

Attached: 1559904545074.jpg (437x425, 53K)

well, nanoblocker was able to block the detection but it doesn't work now. What you can do right now is disable javascript completely and use host file to block ads

Report it to gorhill and see if there's anything that can be done
github.com/uBlockOrigin/uBlock-issues/issues

>click on this link
no?

Spotted the /b/ summerfag.

Maybe he's running Windows.

If you seriously think that you are retarded. Such scripts are literally two lines of code for eAch domain that can be automated with a shell script.

There isn't anything that can be done about it since JS is Turing complete. That's why Mozillas move of default enabling their internal.content blocker was a wonderful step since the lists are the same for all.

Share it

Tails comes with ublock

What? It's literally a for loop with wget, uniq, and mv

But if you insist
github.com/PeterBadzhakov/HostBuster

The scripts may be two lines of code, but the person writing it is probably getting paid fairly well. Takes a lot of clicks to equal one silicon valley boi earning six figures.

So you keep trying, I'll keep ignoring and we'll see who runs out of money first.

Big whoop.
99% of people are going to be running the same lists within uBlock Origin. This is really only an issue for people using unpopular/language specific lists

But the ads are still blocked right?

Of course. There is no way to block ad blockers, period.

Can apps on the background monitor if i use tor? Of course fringe apps do but in a more general sense. Do most popular apps have this feature? How about hardware level?

So basically disable javascript for every website by default.

Attached: Capture.png (512x544, 55K)

Isnt css3 feature rich enough to be used for tracking?
Probably bad but possible right?

And I don't live in any of these countries, kek.
What the fuck.

Attached: file.png (675x910, 85K)

Using Brave btw.

you played yourself

I don't want to do pic related but a lot of you are being brainlets, tracking people with resources on the page can be done completely independently of javascript if the person tracking you controls some sites on the blocking lists or is in some position to add such sites to blocking lists, it's significantly more difficult for anyone who isn't dedicated to doing this and it's less robust but it's entirely possible to do this attack with javascript disabled
what javascript does here is allow anyone (read: site owners) to somewhat fingerprint people, but there's hundreds of ways to fingerprint with javascript/css/whatever already

Attached: 1541623908580.jpg (882x624, 122K)

That's not the point, though.
The problem is that you can identify someone by his filters. You can't do that if you don't control the blocked sites, unless you use javascript.