Dead on arrival

I wanted to believe that they had finally learned, but this is shit. Absolute trash.
How is Radeon even still a thing? All of their releases are garbage.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/tradesunionsstri00dunnrich#page/35/mode/1up
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

idk if the 5700 is £350, i'm buying it

looks like they dropped them during manufacturing

these cards are a fucking disgrace
they should have just aimed to break even on these cards and at least gain some marketshare from nvidia
please don't tell me that's actually what they're doing because if that's the case they're fucked

it has curves like a woman. you do like women right user?

I wont have to deal with nvidias shitty drivers and shitty gsync monitors

>they should have just aimed to break even on these cards and at least gain some marketshare from nvidia
This.
Coming 9 months later with basic the same performance (while already using a better process) for the same price is shit.

Nvidia cards can use freesync as well and nvidia drivers are mostly fine.

I like it better than just a die shrunk vega.

Cut down the compute to give you more thermal and power headroom for higher clocks, Focus on rendering hardware and software. Take what guys like Sony are doing and creating a Middleware stack from that to implement across consoles and PCs.

That's GCN for you. They tried to create a single GPU serviceable for every market and made a jack of all trades, master of none. While consuming huge amounts of power.

>the same performance
so somehow equal performance with stable drivers and useful features for lowering latency and streaming is worse than same performance but with unstable system and gimmicks always shitting the bed
>the same price
$60 lower at launch

typical nvidiots. Don't forget to pay extra for your goysink displays and get some medicine for stutter toleration.

Jesus Christ RTG's agony is just heartbreaking to watch. It's struggling so much now and once nvidia goes 7nm it'll be virtually impossible for AMD to catch up...

COPE

At this rate Intel might get ahead of AyyMD in GPUs while remaining only a little behind in CPUs

Attached: c.png (213x237, 9K)

>still no CUDA

> and at least gain some marketshare from nvidia
= "give me these cards, I want it, but I'm too poor".
Polaris cards are still there and they're quite cheap, grab them while they last.
Anyway. It's possible to lower the prices, but it's impossible to make them higher than they were before, unless there's a shortage ofc. If these chips cost less than Nvidias chips, AMD will win, because they can go lower anytime they want and still earn a profit. What you should be asking is "why did they price their cards like that", and I think the answer is "they believe in their chips like they believed in Zen". Milk fans now, milk the rest of the crowd later, also apparently they OC quite good, so maybe they'll pre-OC their future cards in response to the Super lineup.

>If these chips cost less than Nvidias chips, AMD will win, because they can go lower anytime they want and still earn a profit.
??? But that's where you're wrong. It's Nvidia who can afford to lower prices (if they had any reason to, but there's none). If AMD could make the prices lower they would, just for the sake of increasing market share.

380 retard

I was someone waiting to see what AMD had to offer and this is just depressing.

Barely beating the vega 56 at nearly identical price points AND using 7nm process.

Admit it, AMD Gpu game is weak af.

>2nd hand market is flooded with 150-180€ vega 56s
>even new vega 56s can be had for as low as 240€
>this is new, but will cost at least 50% more for the same performance
bro, I...

>If AMD could make the prices lower they would, just for the sake of increasing market share.
ATI did that until AMD bought them. AMD did that until they almost went bankrupt and couldn't even afford to develop a new arch. Lowering prices doesn't work, nvidiots will still buy gtx.

Just like Vega. It won't be a good purchase until a year into it's life, when drivers are better and prices are lower.

Don't get me wrong, I was also waiting for AMD to deliver. But they didn't deliver with Vega, they don't deliver with Navi so I have very little trust that they can deliver in the future once they fully move to the RDNA

we'll see

Honestly the 5700 is compelling, better performance than the 2060 for aaround the same price.

No RTX but even then the 2060 rtx was going to be weak af.

Now its just waiting for the 2060 Super to see what it is.

intel only a little behind of ayymd cpus come on now

im stuck being a nvidiot since I have a goysync which I paid a lot for

Well it is definitely behind in multicore now. Single core-wise they're edging around each other.

Not only no RTX, also no tensor cores. You can't make a budget machine learning rig with 5700XT and expect it to perform the same as a 2060

> just for the sake of increasing market share
What's the point of earning market share if it comes at a loss or less profit? Egghead analysts have it balanced out.

It'd the other guy implying AMD can afford to lower their prices and Nvidia can't while it's other way around.

nvidia's going to come in a month with new GPUs that are faster, and cut prices on their current lineup. Sorry man, but that's just the state of the game right now. These cards will be overshadowed like every other card amd's put out for the past 3 years.
AMD should've waited until their architecture was actually in a good place to show it off, and sold these ones for much cheaper (50-100$ less)

that's the catch-22 though. amd doesn't have a competitive arch, but still try to market and price their cards as if they're truly a competitor. even nvidiots can see this.

>All of their releases are garbage.
RX 580 8GB makes a good competition to GTX 1060 6GB. In fact, it blows Nvidia out of the water. But, sadly, that's about it.

>nvidia's going to come in a month with new GPUs that are faster, and cut prices on their current lineup
How is that bad?

Never had any issues with nvidia drivers. Noticed it's almost always AMD shills who are too poor to afford nvidia making these claims so doubt.

>few ms is useful
Is this a joke? Also nvidia had gimmicky shit like quick sync ages ago, no one used it

>streaming
The Turing nvenc encoder is literally the best hardware accelerated encoder in existence, I'd rather have that.

Add on rtx and custom coolers and why would I buy a fucking reference blower gpu, with worse features, that needs a 16 core CPU to stream?

> Nvidia can't
Both can do it, but nobody wants to right now. My bet is AMD is waiting on the Super lineup to respond accordingly.

it's bad for AMD. These GPUs are priced like shit (just like every launch for the past 3 years)

reminder it costs them 249 to make using absolute worst case scenario, they just want to get that sweet profit.

Attached: prices for 5700XT.jpg (666x174, 58K)

nobody learns anything. nvidia was forced to release 1160 because 2060 didn't sell at all.
AMD now stepping on same rakes.

Seems they invested everything in upping their CPU game and completely neglected their GPUs in the process.

>bullshit yield numbers
Fuck off Adored

just like nvidia? Jensen himself was forced to admit RTX under performed by a huge margin.
those 60% margins mean shit if nobody buying volume.

>Noticed it's almost always AMD shills
But that's just your insecure opinion, not the reality

thats not adored but an actuall AMD Ashill.

yeah just like nvidia. I am glad you admit that amd is literally trying to be nvidia and rake in inflated crypto mining prices.
I honestly hope BOTH companies rot and neither sell cards so they will learn to be less of fucking jews.

Is Intel even truly competing on CPUs?

All they really did was smack 2 cores on Kaby Lake. After 3 Ryzen revisions that tactic has obviously ran out of its course and they have nothing to compete with now and in the near future.

ITT : Nvidia shills jerking each other off to cope with the navi-powered genocide.
Keep seething kikes. kek.

at least RDNA is much more efficient than GCN

>tfw the 5770 is 10 years old

I was waiting for specifications and price before deciding on a new gpu
Does not look like this one is worth it's price
Hopefully the 56 drops in price when this launches

ah, this is what delusion looks like

TU116 was a completely brand new die utterly distinct from TU106. It took them at least as long as TU106 to design and create it meaning it was always coming.

I have a feeling early on full Turing, 102, 104, 106, was meant to be a volta derivative to replace lower sku quadros. Hence the rtx but weaker tensor cores and DP floating point, you dont need that for workstation cards used primarily for visual applications. But rtx would be useful to accelerate rendering and baked lights and shit for content creators.

But at some point early on they decided "hey we have this great optix SDK, let's just stick it into directx and Vulkan and call it rtx". So they pay MS to whip up DXR and push this entire realtime raytracing thing, while also working on stripped down Turing with no tensor cores or RT cores for consumers, they cancel big TU11X dies because tensor and rt cores only add like 10% more area and here we are. With two versions of Turing, one that has tensor cores and rt cores and another that has a completely different low precision path for rapid packed math mean its architecturally distinct from it's big brothers

The 56 is probably as low as it will ever get

Imagine if there are already a bunch of shit threads exactly like this one

>YES MY TEAM IS WINNING THIS IS GOOD!!!!!

You say that but even when they only do that much, AMD still doesn't have a gamechanging advantage over them. Current gap between AMD and Intel is literally nothing compared to the rift between them in the age of Bulldozer.

...is it really though? Looking at the TDP of new cards...
Maybe "full" RDNA will be but this frankenstein's monster..?

If you want machine learning, you're stuck on nvidia, there was no way amd was going to be able to compete in that area.

>t.deluded nvidiacuck
have fun with your slower, less responsive, pozzed gaymen with washed out visuals.

225w is only 20 w more than 2070, are you for real?
1900mghz at 200w is way more efficient than even polaris

The difference being everyone is tired of a socket change a year, security flaws, locked and unlocked processors, etc.

> so they will learn to be less of fucking jews
Capital eschews no profit, or very small profit, just as Nature was formerly said to abhor a vacuum. With adequate profit, capital is very bold. A certain 10 percent will ensure its employment anywhere; 20 percent certain will produce eagerness; 50 percent, positive audacity; 100 percent will make it ready to trample on all human laws; 300 percent, and there is not a crime at which it will scruple, nor a risk it will not run, even to the chance of its owner being hanged.
archive.org/stream/tradesunionsstri00dunnrich#page/35/mode/1up

But

2070 tdp is 175W. You're thinking of the 2080 @ 215w

they should cost 280 and 240 at the absolute max, AMD also managed to make enough profit off the RX 480/470 and 7870/50 at below that price with similar die sizes

I hate the pricing and a lot fo people do, it's not going to sell. I actually like isharp and anti lag features. would like to see some testing though.

>costs 150 less than nvidia while providing up to 20/30% more performance
>hurr, BOTH SIDES!
>hurr, ayymd are the jews now
pathetic shilling attempt

not by testing, it's actually above spec from benchmarks
wonder how much navi will draw for real, under 250 is okay.

>providing up to 20/30% more performance
not even in AMD slides.

What unstable system? AMD drivers fuck up all the time. I've gotten an incredible amount of issues on my AMD card in various games compared to my previous basic bitch GTX 750.
I want to buy AMD but there is no fucking reason for me to do so now. Nvidia offers a better product with more features.

At this point I think the overall segment division between Nvidia and AMD is suitable for AMD. They do well in budget and can compete against the 2070 with the XT. They're beating Nvidia out in semi-customs, certain applications in commercial, and now they're pursuing mobile with Samsung which will be a pretty substantial market gain if things go well enough. They're also a double edged blade, juggling assets, production cycles, and so on between CPU/GPU design, testing, fab, and so on would certainly be more difficult, yeah?

There's so much bullshit in this post I'm not even going to take it seriously.

Dear Sir AMD Shill this is a really poor trolling attempt.

Fuck this overpriced shit. Fuck RTG. Intel will happily take their marketshare next year.

amd is trying to sell the 5700XT at a 84% ~ profit. Let that sink in.

>>costs 150 less than nvidia while providing up to 20/30% more performance
It costs 55 less while BEING A FUCKING BLOWER CARD! and the 2070 in question is a dual fan gpu, that has ray tracing same amount of ram and lower power consumption.
Amd is also trying to sell these GPUS at 84% ~ profit, which makes nvidias 60% margins seem like childs play.
the rest of your post is just shitposting

>Coming 9 months later with basic the same performance
6% faster in a selection of AAA games where AMD has traditionally underperformed is not 'basic the same'. If it is, than a stock Vega 64 is 'basic the same' as a 2070.

isn't it 2022 for intel GPU?

I think that Navi is the nail in the coffin that will drive away the rest of AMD's loyal fanbase.

That's all GPUs. Vega 56 has a tdp of 210w but could go up to 240W
>MUH undervolt
Yea any card can be undervolted.

Reality is in actuality the difference in real power draw will almost certainly be as big as the gap in tdp

Intel is way behind in price tho

A quick google seach said end of 2020.

>Vega 56 is as fast as a 2070 now that this claim could be used to bash the 5700 XT
(You)

>amd is trying to sell the 5700XT at a 84% ~ profit. Let that sink in.
Source: your ass

So he's right, 2022 at earliest

>marginally faster for a slight bit cheaper that will be undone by Nvidia's SUPER meme anyway
>only in AMD's own benchmarks too
based lisa sure btfo'd the green men this time

I said that 5700XT should cost 300 if they really want to be aggressive and get market share.
350 if they want a balanced approach and maximum 400 at which point it becomes a very questionable buy.
They not only had the balls to price it 449, and that alone makes it worthless.
But they also fucking make it a blower, which means you have to wait longer for custom coolers to come out and that will only add to the price.
AMD is completely OUT OF THEIR FUCKING MIND!
At least nvidia is a honest scumbag, but the fact that the good guys are trying ot sell their fucking shit at a HIGHER MARGIN THAN NVIDIA WHILE PEOPLE ARE DESPERATE for amd to swoop in and save them.
Throwing away MASSIVE amount of positive PR and market share.

I utterly DON'T know what the fuck they are doing and it feels like a apprils fool joke.

>Relying on that lying Scottish idiot proven to make everything up to fleece idiots on Patreon for literally anything
Kill yourself

SAR? PLS DO THE NEEDFUL AND DON'T BUY AMD OK?

Attached: poo in the joo.png (835x109, 16K)

>cope

Your response amounts to saying 'JUST WAIT NVIDIA SUPER!(TM)" lmoa

>AMD's 7nm GPUs are weaker than Nvidia's 14nm
Why is AMD so incompetent?

What coping do I need to do? I have an RX 480 in my computer right now. These cards are overpriced just like Nvidia's cards and defending them is exactly the same as defending Nvidia's ridiculous RTX price inflation. The one thing AMD could've done here was to actually offer a non-fucked price and they screwed it up.

custom navi coming in august, that's when nvidia conference happening, may as well wait and see

OK

Attached: power_peak.png (500x930, 51K)

Man, AMD's CPUs is a fucking gems, but you have to admit their GPUs a shit. And stop this racism, please. It's horrible.

>nvidia shills literally having periodic concussions

Yea I think that's a good idea at this point

And? I asked for source and you reply with a post with info pulled out of someone's ass? Or are you confirming source is your ass?

It's slightly better performance at a lower price. How the fuck isn't that a competitive architecture? What is even your standards?

what do you want me to do, get you lisa su to personally tell you how much each part of the GPU costs and how much it costs them to make it? Cause you sound like the insane faggot that would demand that as the only proof that would be okay.

>210w tdp vega 56 uses 240w
>a-year but nvidia cheats
Fuck off shill

>40W difference between the RX 480 and the RX 580, which is a refreshed RX 480
can someone explain this to me