Let's make an OS

ssup Jow Forums lets make an OS, and name it Tasnim.. i am serious.. i want to destroy Windows, MacOS, Linux, FreeBSD, etc. tired of it all..

Attached: 1547214714323.jpg (560x578, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/
github.com/SerenityOS/serenity
wiki.osdev.org/Multiboot
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>lets make an os
translation: hi, its summer. write me an os i can claim credit for!

BTFO newfag

Attached: logo.png (519x513, 20K)

i was considering writing one api-compatible both in user and kernelmode interface with linux, but it still looks like a huge work.

anyone wanna help me work on the logo and cute anime babe project mascot?

lets start distributing the work, boys! you know what to do

I'll make the logo

There's already a Jow Forums OS.
cloveros.ga/
Actually made by Jow Forums

It seems the only people using clover are pedofiles, judging by the screenshots posted in desktop threads.

Way ahead of you
github.com/SerenityOS/serenity

Attached: 45CB517B-EAC8-4F49-9757-C154BDF4CBAD.png (880x704, 237K)

how is the progress?

what

Guys let's create the perfect hardware+ OS(software) kernel, coded game which will allow us to run 60 million polygons at 3000 fps.

It will be just like the good old days of 3DFX Voodoo SLI

Whatever happened to lo/g/os?

go shit on some other board pajeet

>Gentoo with an installation script and anime tibby papes
Wow that is so fucking innovative. Kys.

>Tasnim
t. ahmed

that's just one guy though, hardly a Jow Forums project

How is cat bottled?
How do this happen?

alright let's make our own licence

Glad the project is done. We did it, Reddit!

Attached: ayy lmao os.png (736x478, 44K)

just write your compiler like a man not use gcc like a nigger

Cool idea, user! I'll start.

MBALIGN equ 1

Attached: here's your osdev bruh.png (640x400, 2K)

>write me an os i can claim credit for!

Hey it worked for Bill Gates

Which version of vm are you using babe?

yeah sure thing

>lets make an OS
faggots here can't even write hello world in fucking python and you want to make an OS

top fucking kek, just create a best brower thread or an amd vs intel thread like the rest of these brainwashed retards

how many projects have you done during your life? A simple java tic tac toe game can take days for an inexperience programmer. Now imagine that you need a shitton of knowledge to even make something that will not fry your hardware.

Implying Jow Forums could actually do any better. Lets face it, CloverOS is the best distro, one autismo user can come up with and its the fastest, lightest distro I have ever used.

Uff... That W2K+MacOS9 aesthetics...

based

>0x100000
At&t syntax I see

so much newfags.. what OP wants you guys to post is
>ok, i'll do the logo
>right on, i will work on the name
>sure, i want to manage the twitter account for it
cause lets face it, no one wants the hard part of the development... i thought it was Jow Forums's meme.. turns out it is true in the workplace..
>managers and CEO are brainstorming on what projects to work on next
>they only think about the logo and the name
>all the hard part pushed to the development team
why cant a company only consists of only the development team? now that is a company i want to work for

Im not sure who was rekt'd more

the difference now is that there is an actual os being developed on Jow Forums
it kinda sucks the life out of the logo meme

let cat go!

bump

>grub
>not just doing your own bootloader
>making your OS' code more readable and less GRUB magic

It's actually multiboot compliant not GRUB.
Multiboot helps a lot with vesa and the ram. You can do vesa without ever having to use V8086 mode and without having to ever drop out of protected mode.
I may make my own multiboot bootloader in the future.

From the multiboot specification:
>Every operating system ever created tends to have its own boot loader. Installing a new operating system on a machine generally involves installing a whole new set of boot mechanisms, each with completely different install-time and boot-time user interfaces. Getting multiple operating systems to coexist reliably on one machine through typical chaining mechanisms can be a nightmare. There is little or no choice of boot loaders for a particular operating system — if the one that comes with the operating system doesn't do exactly what you want, or doesn't work on your machine, you're screwed.
>While we may not be able to fix this problem in existing proprietary operating systems, it shouldn't be too difficult for a few people in the free operating system communities to put their heads together and solve this problem for the popular free operating systems. That's what this specification aims for. Basically, it specifies an interface between a boot loader and a operating system, such that any complying boot loader should be able to load any complying operating system. This specification does not specify how boot loaders should work — only how they must interface with the operating system being loaded.

Attached: screenshot.png (1123x66, 21K)

[dilbert boss voice] step 1, we need a name for the product

Ok OP, i'll can make the logo

It's Gentoo with wallpapers and 2 makeflags put together by a CS undergrad. Jow Forums has had much better operating systems, cloverOS is just the most recent (and the simplest)

oh I didn't know that multiboot is a specification of its own. I thought it was part of GRUB. Everyday I learn something new and everyday osdevwiki seems like a less reliable sourve

they have an page on it
wiki.osdev.org/Multiboot

Why not use (U)EFI instead?

EFI can eat my ass

>calls someone a newfag
>uses cloverOS

>>uses cloverOS
I never said i use cloverOS, not that i'm not a newfag
>Jow Forums has had much better operating systems
name some pls

Ill make the logo

bamp

A Genera clone would be a dream, but unfortunately most of Jow Forums is infected by the Unix mind virus.

>Genera supports incremental and interactive development of complex software using a mix of programming styles with extensive support for object-oriented programming.
>object-oriented
Schut yourself

>le OO boogeyman
This is what I meant by Unix mind virus.

you are retarded install gentoo

But I already use Gentoo.

install it again