Why are Software Engineers paid so highly?

Why are Software Engineers paid so highly?

Do you think it is a bubble due to lack of talent?

Will the wages go down as more zoomers go into CS?

Attached: 1559106033529.jpg (1280x1709, 415K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.com/jobs?q=software developer&l=
indeed.com/jobs?q=software engineer&l=
indeed.com/jobs?q=software architect&l=
indeed.com/jobs?q=machine learning&l=
payscale.com/research/US/Job=Software_Engineer/Salary
bls.gov/oes/current/oes151132.htm
bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/software-developers.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

they aren't

i wanna that

They arn't paid very highly comparable to what they can create. A software developer at google could easily create 10-20x more in revenue than what he (she) is paid.

Everyone else is paid like shit. And even a lot of developers are.

They aren't.
Most people, including on this board, either LARP or grossly overstate their salary.
There certainly are some software engineers/developers who are paid a lot, but they are a lot less than most people believe. And among this group, a large percentage is overpaid.

>they aren't

>2018 median pay: $105,590 per year, $50.77 per hour

indeed.com/jobs?q=software developer&l=

indeed.com/jobs?q=software engineer&l=

indeed.com/jobs?q=software architect&l=

indeed.com/jobs?q=machine learning&l=

payscale.com/research/US/Job=Software_Engineer/Salary

bls.gov/oes/current/oes151132.htm

bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/software-developers.htm

software engineers are only paid highly in the USA, and they're paid highly in the USA because there are so many tech companies that make incredibly amounts of money using software engineers that have deep pockets which drive up tech wages across the board
in other countries, even in canada right next to america, tech wages are pretty lackluster.

they're only overpaid in america because of the huge amounts of competition and software companies available, elsewhere in the rest of the world like europe they're paid more in line with what other types of engineers get paid

thanks OP I just got a warning from my boss for opening your thread

shouldn't be on here at work m8 (but yes, i know you're memeing)

they are overpaid just look at the state of current web and software it is tragic. Also low quality startups grabbing easy money from investors...

do you think the high pay in the USA will eventually fade away then?

Why are plebbitors retarded so greatly?

Do you think it's a lack of intelligence or brain damage?

It's almost as if they have zero sense of self awareness

Like they just dont get that double spacing makes them stick out in a very obvious way

Neck your selves
Based dubs of truth

Attached: 1528352744667.png (571x618, 53K)

You clearly haven't been in NYC where the latest trend this past year or two has been asking for a shit ton of skills from a developer and only offering 50K-70K which isn't enough to properly live on

sauce

>NYC
new york sucks bro. only good for talking to investors

if profits do. On another note automation will make us all welfare neets

If it was a lack of available talent off they'd take you straight off the street with no degree or coding experience and teach you for free.

It's a lack of high talent that even colleges arn't developing.

you should only be living in NYC if you have an absolute top tier job that can only be done in NYC or have relatives to live for free with or if you're a trust funder with the money to own your place early on in life
otherwise you should be literally anywhere else

Demand is high in mainland Europe. I keep getting calls from companies looking for developers.

it's a bubble due to VC bubble in America.

Tech bubble.

Attached: 1559844137189.jpg (333x500, 64K)

>you should only be living in NYC if you have an absolute top tier job that can only be done in NYC or have relatives to live for free with or if you're a trust funder with the money to own your place early on in life
>otherwise you should be literally anywhere else
The reason people live here is so they can find jobs; which is a fucking shitfest

there are jobs all over the country, there are very few jobs that only exist in NYC and they pay extraordinary well. unemployment is so low it's easy to work anywhere else in any field. nobody should live in NYC and complain about it. if you can't afford it you shouldn't be there. there are opportunities elsewhere.

absolutely, it might take years for another bubble to pop but it will happen, although software engineers will still be paid well all things considered
what I mean to say with the competition argument is that the wages in places like new york and california drive the wages up even for rural ohio, and while those states(/cities) wages are driven by the cost of living there you have to consider the multiple types of bubbles that can be going on in these places as well as the competition within those states to drive wages up to such a high amount, europe for the most part lacks such a perfect environment for driving software engineer salaries up

Yeah it's easy to find a soulcrushing blue collar job in bumfuckistan but not everyone wants to do that shit for 30-40 years you know?

sperglords

white collar jobs exist elsewhere. it doesn't have to be blue collar. there are so many cities other than NYC. especially STEM related jobs are easier to get elsewhere. you're retarded.

literally never used reddit or had a reddit account but i space my posts to make them readable and aesthetic

shit tier meme b8

Attached: 1558780184362.gif (600x338, 2.16M)

Why the fuck do you care, delusional autist?

Attached: 1529610720699.png (1261x824, 1.99M)

>as more zoomers go into CS?
Dude. Most zoomers don't even know how to type. They're the touchscreen generation

how am i delusional? and you're the one sperging at a Jow Forums post bae

how much did software jobs dip in salary after the dotcom bubble? or even the financial crisis of 2008?

i know silicon valley and ny etc etc drive wages up, insane cost of living, but still a lot of ruralfags make 100k ez in CS.

i feel like what the work is actually worth being paid is more like 50k starting 100k maybe 150 management level (similar to other white collar jobs)

new york retards don't realize places outside of new york exist

and you're the one sperging with pictures of 4" fat insectoids which you think is "thicc"