Assortment of old tech

The past few years I've been collecting old computers from friends and family. Everything is from 2001-2013, still works, and has XP or Vista on them. Is it worth keeping them for anything? Any uses you anons can think of?
I've already got a work laptop, two PCs (one is a HEDT), a media server, and a game server.
Now sure if I should set one of these up as a server for something.

Attached: IMG_20190611_143040991.jpg (3264x2448, 1.81M)

whats the specs of these pieces of shits?
they got i3 i5? hows the ram? whats the storage size like? gpu?

Should I just strip them down and sell the parts individually on eBay?
Maybe save the cases for future low-profile builds?

A mix of everything. From DDR RAM to DDR3.
HP pavilion a465c
XPS 210
Inspiron 531S
Acer 5315
Toshiba Satellite L755-S5245
And some sort of custom built Dell with DDR3 RAm, intel i3.

Most of everything has their old Windows license stickers on them.

max out the RAM on the Core 2 machines, install Windows 10, and put them up on craigslist for $50 each.

eh, theyre not that bad. put some ghetto gpu in the desktops and open a cyber cafe or something and invite your buddies to lan party cs source and dota

install gentoo

Move to the woods and start shitposting on R9K using as many tabs as possible on each one of them.

On a more serious note however, I would probably install Linux and get the most out of them that way. Make them into smart TVs or something? or just have one in like every room (even the toilet) so you can continue shitposting and making retarded purchases online.

Picked up a pair of old PC's today, the DFI MB is gonna pay for everything else.

why are you collecting garbage, you can't even use them except for the most recent one

Single cores only are useful if you have 2 network cards in them and configure them as a custom router. Dual cores are still all around useful though.

Attached: 1558184277152.jpg (3840x2400, 943K)

I do the same, I keep them in mint condition because I'm sure one day they'll be expensive as fuck.

Pay attention to the models by looking online for the most common issues. Capacitors like to pop in the older Dell towers with a pentium 4 after 3 years. Dried out thermal paste is also a known killer.

> Any uses you anons can think of?
Windows 98 on a thin client/SFX box, for history purposes and retro feels.

Only retards used Windows back in the day. I have no "retro feels" for such rubbish.

This, lots of games you can play

this

if you can get older os's thewn the ones installed to work you can sell them on as retro gaming machines for retro feels.

also bugger tons of games to play too and download for free or cheap.
what's not to love?

No most people still use windows, freetard.
Noone wants your broken operating systems outside of hobbests and server farms

That Vostro is probably the only one worth doing anything with, the rest probably aren't even good for parts.

Kind of what I was thinking

Yeah I figure if I held onto them for 20-30 years they'll have a good retro feel to them. And will likely be the only tech that doesn't have a backdoor built into the hardware.

undelete/scan all HDDs for noodz.

See which ones can Install ReactOS on bare metal.
Put to side and upgrade to max specs.
See if another will run Android X86 and put it to the side.
The lowest spec one put FreeDOS on it.
Sell the rest as parts and have fun with retro PC gaming.
Check out old DOS software archives, win 3.1, 95,98,xp, 2k games.

Build a little intranet that is disconnected from the internet with just switches and ethernet.
Save linux manpages as offline websites for your little intranet.
Save wikipedia and stuff.

When you get bored sell them off as a dedicated "RetroPC".