What's the best rolling release distro that isn't bleeding edge...

What's the best rolling release distro that isn't bleeding edge? I need something that works but isn't ancient or a 6month point release distro.

Attached: rl.jpg (506x600, 44K)

teh rei

you know gentoo is the answer

Probably you can go for Devian (or Devuan), install the stable minimal iso, set the repositories on testing branch to update from there.
If you go for the testing branch installer, check the errata before.
This possibly is the closest thing to a "not too bleeding edge rolling release distro" you can get.

I'm probably out of touch whit this one on specific, so another thing that I can recommend is what I actually use, Void Linux. Rolling, very close to upstream (no more than 2 weeks), pretty easy to setup, very minimal and stable.

just use arch

fedora

gentoo, it's stable. It actually works regressions before pushing versions.
They made a gnome fork without systemd if you want it

Gentoo, unironically.
You can also choose individual bleeding edge packages, but keep the rest of the system on a stable branch if so you wish. And if you change your mind, it's usually not a problem to go back.

Void

void is unstable trash with shitty driver support , fedora is botnet, gentoo is best but use debian testing or devuan

lubuntu

Manjaro is a bit slower than Arch.

I've found Gentoo to be pretty great for this.

So what kernel configs do you use? Either you hours digging through all the options or copied a config file from another distro.

Unironically Solus or Manjaro.

God I wish Rei would love me

I don't know how you guys think that Debian testing, Arch, and so on aren't bleeding edge.

>Void Linux. Rolling, very close to upstream (no more than 2 weeks)
that sounds awfully bleeding-edge to me.

Same. Manjaro gets the Arch bleeding without being a russian roulette with every pacman -Syyu

Stable, testing, and unstable allow you to manage this pretty well, so you can switch at any time.

it doesnt take hours to configure a kernel, more like 20 to 40 minutes

I configured it by hand. It's easier than you think if you know your hardware.
That said, you can use genkernel if you don't want to.

It takes longer than that if you look up every option. What's the point of going through it if you're not going to optimize it heavily for your hardware?

GuixSD, you roll your stuff, updates as you want

Rei >>> Redhead girl

manjaro, they no longer are bleeding edge. no longer arch with gui pre installed. they take their time to update. its like 1 year or more without ever breaking my system