Android Launchers

Minimalistic one like KISS aren't my thing, OpenLauncher is laggy and Lawnchair's dev is fag fag who hides apps which he dislikes.

Essential Launcher doesn't let me customize the grid size, Emerald lacks icons even with an icon pack and Keikai launcher doen't let me hide the search bar, though I otherwise liked those three.

So what's a good launcher that is either like latter three without their problems or close to stock, but customisable and obviously FOSS?

Attached: Top-6-Android-Launcher-for-2018.jpg (1920x1080, 1.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.launcher
github.com/otakuhqz/ZimLX
github.com/LawnchairLauncher/Lawnchair/pull/902
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Have sex" doesn't even come close to describing your 'tism levels.

HgLauncher

I use microsoft launcher
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.launcher
it's pretty good desu
miles better than my inbuilt miui

Oh fuck off. Botnet everything, autism everything. Are you aware that people used to accuately describe similar things with different words?
In that sense I'm a freetard and probably have OCD, but that's not autism you retarded fuck.
Tried it, same dislike as for KISS.
Not FOSS (that I know of).

I went full retard and use Poco. Fuck it, at least the icons now follow the miui themes.

Foss are shit

Cracked nova launcher if you want decency and are a cheapskate

It's just that most FOSS autists can't make good-looking apps. That usually doesn't bother me, except those FOSS launchers are hideous.

>Not FOSS
who cares
it works well
that's what matters

NO!
Jow Forums made me a freetard and I intend to stay it because I can't trust proprietary software anymore.

I know that pain bro.

I just use lawnchair though

Niagra launcher

Me

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-135540.jpg (1080x2340, 172K)

>Me? I use Samsung One UI launcher. I think Microsoft launcher is nice too

Attached: DOnKVr2_1.jpg (1080x1331, 135K)

I used it before, but after learning that the devs purposely hide apps which they deem "bad" I stopped using it even though I was not affected by it. In this case I might have as well just used proprietary software, so fuck em.
Looks like another minimalistic launcher but I'll give it a try if it's FOSS

which apps do they hide? the "worst" app i have installed is clover

I use the default launcher on a Galaxy A6. This isn't Android KitKat anymore. The default launcher they're shipping with Android 9 is good enough. My laptop and workstation run Kubuntu. I had sex with my girlfriend twice last night.

Ricing for the aesthetics is fine. Ricing because you think it makes you more productive is bullshit for virgins. You don't need to see how much RAM and disk space are used on a phone. It's not important. The only time you even need to monitor this stuff is when you're absolutely raping the resources of a desktop or server to compile or run a ton of shit.

Attached: you.jpg (960x959, 197K)

The used to detect piracy apps like Lucky Patcher or patched icon packs and block you from being able to change icon pack but they removed the piracy check recently

Tui

Actually I remember that, thank you for jogging my memory. Haven't used lucky patcher in at least a year but I do remember that happening to me

picked up nova launcher for free couple years back. you can adjust grid size, you can get rid of search bar. not sure about icons cause never had a need to change them.

not foss

Have sex.

Pirated icon packs and Lucky Patcher are the ones that I know, but there are more for sure.
>The default launcher they're shipping with Android 9 is good enough.
Yeah, but I want to de-google my phone since rooting is no option.
>Ricing for the aesthetics is fine. Ricing because you think it makes you more productive is bullshit for virgins. You don't need to see how much RAM and disk space are used on a phone. It's not important. The only time you even need to monitor this stuff is when you're absolutely raping the resources of a desktop or server to compile or run a ton of shit.
Why are you telling me this? I'm not even into ricing, I just want my homescreen to look neat.
Maybe I will give it a try again... maybe.

>Yeah, but I want to de-google my phone since rooting is no option.
Changing the launcher does nothing to this effect. Are you retarded? Genuinely asking.

Tried it once and I liked it very much, but sadly it's not FOSS.

Quite content with the old free version of Apex (v3.3.3) that I use both on a tablet and on a phone. It's good for customizing and supports most icon packs. Just zip-sign it yourself to avoid the update nags, since newer versions are bot poop...

this

i am tonight

doubt

>responding in 30 seconds
ok nerd

>Why yes I use Microsoft Launcher

Attached: 1502990364593.jpg (768x1024, 55K)

Can I set my city for the weather widget manually, so that I do not need to activate GPS in order for it to work?

Evie
Not FOSS, but if you don't want to use GApps then get it off Yalp Store

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-11-23-51-53-364_is.shortcut.png (1080x2246, 2.23M)

cool icons. whats this pack called?

is there any guide to setting up Nova Launcher with neat icons, layout, widgets and whatever else? I'm unoriginal and just want a clean looking phone.

Linebit

Attached: Screenshot_20190611-135540.jpg (1080x2340, 1.17M)

OP again
What do you guys say about the Customized Pixel Launcher (CPL)?
It's FOSS, but made by an Russian.

>Designated shitting launcher.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-11-21-34-57-216_com.microsoft.launcher.png (1080x2160, 105K)

i'm using ZimLX right now which is based on OpenLauncher and Lawnchair: github.com/otakuhqz/ZimLX

I hate how it handles the search bars, they're too thin.
I hate Google's new font, too.
Tried it for a while, works about as well as Ruthless launcher. That is to say less smooth/stable than Lawnchair v1.

+1 for Evie
Super stable, hasn't crashed on me yet.
Moved to Evie from Aviate and Nova premium

why did you post the same screenshot

Cover must of fucked up

t-ui because its faster to just type the name of the app you want in rather than scroll through a bunch of menus, it has a bunch of weird autistic functionality and shell scripting, and you can make searches from the terminal

i do admit its pretty autistic but if you get used to it, it makes normal phone launchers just seem retarded. especially if you have a phone with a physical keyboard

Attached: t-ui.jpg (450x800, 96K)

send a screenshot

Evie launcher.

/thread

Attached: Screenshot_2019-06-12-02-33-40-447_bitpit.launcher.png (1080x1920, 2.19M)

Open Launcher is not laggy on my machine
Open Launcher is great

> Lawnchair's dev is fag fag who hides apps which he dislikes.
Citation needes

Pape?

>Based on OpenLauncher und Lawnchair
It's Frankenstein's monster and it shows. I'm sorry but it's the typical ugly FOSS software. But it smooth, that I can't deny.
Try opening a folder and see. Also the swiping up to open the drawer only works if do it from the dock, even though there are settings for swipe gestures which should work in the whole screen.
github.com/LawnchairLauncher/Lawnchair/pull/902

Any launcher that supports QuickSwitch is good, I can't stand the stock 3rd party animations.

Niagara

I use this and like it but now that Jow Forums uses it I'm tempted to uninstall. Thoughts?

samsung launcher has none of the gay issues you listed. stop being a walking meme and use a professional product

Reddit has liked it for ages.

Attached: Wall_16.jpg (1199x1999, 1002K)

>Lawnchair's dev is fag fag who hides apps which he dislikes.
lol what? and do people actually download this?

>Me
Based

Attached: Glitch_linux-1f207b72-9a35-4ce0-8c06-d33875a30196.jpg (606x1280, 14K)

Cheers

This