I'm an AMD fan (I have a Vega 56 and will be upgrading my 2400G to either a 3600X or 3700X depending on reviews) but...

I'm an AMD fan (I have a Vega 56 and will be upgrading my 2400G to either a 3600X or 3700X depending on reviews) but this guy is fucking right! Stop defending AMD's shitty GPU division.
youtube.com/watch?v=WOoRLmurtxE

Attached: RadeonRX5700XT_03[1].jpg (1240x698, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bzhn5z/navi_will_fail_im_done/?
twitter.com/AnonBabble

but people have stock in AMD, they don't care about buying their GPUS, they need to shill and defend highly overpriced GPUS!

Plus they have a ton of Polaris and Vega GPU's to clear. Pricing too close to those would impact their margins.

no shit, they want you to buy the fucking polaris and vega to clear stock.
But this is a MASSIVE PR FAIL.
People been waiting for months.
They could gain huge market share, LOTS of positive PR.
But no, overpriced the new gpus by 200-300%

Want to read a fun Reddit thread where fanboys defend this shit?
old.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/bzhn5z/navi_will_fail_im_done/?

>People being butthurt over low volume products being sold at higher prices
But why.

If I buy Radeon VII how long til I regret it. I feel like Fury X was an excellent buy because 5 years later it’s still really good. Will Radeon VII get me 5 years or will they drop a bomb next year that makes it look gay and cringe

People were expecting last years performance (from Nvidia) for half the price.

Not worth it. Not even a third party cooler exists. Just a shitty reference design.

That would be outright gambling for AMD.

I don't know why you'd be an anything fan. Just buy whatever makes the most sense. They're compatible for a reason.

This should have been $200 and $250 it's the biggest fuck up yet by AMD. I might as well just buy a 2070 and get support for actual next generation technologies.

>next generation technologies
lel

>$450
>outperforms Radeon VII
>outperforms RTX 2070
>8+6pin power

You're all dumb and gay. Only AdoredTV paypig faggots thought this was going to be $250. Literally impossible.

>I'm an AMD fan
Nice pilpul, rabbi

>This should have been $200 and $250
They're not going to sell you 250mm^2 of 7nm FinFETs for that, at their volumes to boot.

What should I buy for 4gay Gaymin?

Okay, fine i'll concede. $275 for the low end $325 for the high end. And that's a fucking stretch.

They're not going to sell for that low either.
$399 for the full die but that's a stretch too.

>another hour
>another shill thread
wew. Intcel+nviditaturds must be scared shitless if their shills feel the need to spam this african basket weaving forum this fucking hard.

Nvidia: RTX 2080 or a used 1080 Ti
AMD: AIB Vega 64 and learn to undervolt

>outperforms Radeon VII
amdjeet completely lost it
no ruprees for you sanjay

Attached: amdloodie.jpg (633x758, 162K)

Well, thats grim. Hopefully Intel will actually disrupt the GPU market and save us from this bullshit. Like the guy in that video is saying, Navi is a cheap ass chip for them to make.

within 5% for 250 dollars less
haha radeon viifags btfo

jesus the absolute state of redditards. I fucking hate vote systems

>products need to be priced based muh feels
Fucking based, user.
Reality is that 7nm is based on i193 partial immersion litho, and it will literally never be a high yield node for TSMC. Inclusion of limited EUV is done to reduce steps in critical layers, to increase yields by reducing complexity. The high yield version of 7nm FinFET is called 5nm FinFET.
You're not getting cheap 7nm anything.

navi should be $250.
period.

Go back to youtube, Adored paypig.

>emojis in the title
thanks for saving me a click

>mfw Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse for £300 at Christmas
>mfw 3 free games, 2 of which are good
>mfw undervolted & overclocked it beats GTX 1070 Ti while using 180 W and staying cool & quiet
>mfw perfect for my FreeSync 1440p 144 Hz monitor
>mfw it dropped to £250 earlier this year
>mfw will upgrade my ancient X5675 @ 4.4 GHz to Ryzen 3800X

5700 (XT) can do one, regression in perf/price and poor competition to nVidia. I imagine I'll keep this card until 4K 144 Hz becomes affordable (i.e. 5+ years)

Attached: 1510897963070.gif (400x250, 1.98M)

RX 5700 XT should have been $379 tops. 5700 should have been $329 tops.

>fellow white man here
>white people should be genocided

Attached: 1414344903597.jpg (452x523, 22K)

Same broski. Loving the Pulse. Run it on 64 BIOS no problemo.

Based on what exactly? RTX 2070s are selling for $479 to $600 depending on the board, cooler, and clocks.
Why should AMD sell a faster GPU at a lower pricepoint?

Because they are Nvidia's bitch with like 2% of the GPU market.

Okay, kid.

For market share. But this shows they do not care about that anymore because they cannot beat Nvidia's top GPU in games. They will just be happy selling to the 20% fanboys who always buy AMD no matter what.

>and get support for actual next generation technologies.
What support? Meme tracing is unplayably slow on anything but a 2080 ti @ 1080p.

based on your logic they should have sold the rx 480 for gtx 980 prices

>But this shows they do not care about that anymore because they cannot beat Nvidia's top GPU in games.
They haven't even tried with navi yet

They are already faster and cheaper. Why would they purposely start a price war that doesn't benefit them in any way. The only people who would buy a 2070 over a RX 5700 XT are retarded and wouldnt buy it no matter what the price was. AMD is a business not a charity.

Attached: 1470313152722.jpg (3840x2160, 2.44M)

>Hopefully Intel will actually disrupt the GPU market and save us from this bullshit
They will make everything even more expensive.
Third player, same TAM.
>Like the guy in that video is saying, Navi is a cheap ass chip for them to make.
That's BOM.

Navi competes with pascal feature wise. It doesn't have turing's RT, regardless if you call it meme. It doesn't even have VRS. Not mentioning fucking around with cuda.

>not a charity
Like clockwork

>It doesn't have turing's RT
As it shouldn't until ISVs do anything.
> It doesn't even have VRS
That's ISV sugar.
>Not mentioning fucking around with cuda.
Mass market isn't playing with GPGPU.

I' m convinced that amadanigger is a stock owner.

Why wouldn't anyone own $AMD?

>I'm an AMD fan (I have a Vega 56 and will be upgrading my 2400G to either a 3600X or 3700X depending on reviews) but this guy is fucking right! Stop defending AMD's shitty GPU division.
This is EXACTLY like the vega release IIRC. Along with the mystical 200 dollar GPU

Attached: 1488408453536.jpg (653x726, 138K)

It comes with a dent. They are letting you know it's defective shit outright

>reddit
>being shit
What the fuck did you expect?

t. 3.5

>pay the same/ more for less
ok
It's ok. They're just being disingenious because they have a financial stake.

Like me. Notice that AMD's stock went down today. Their stock rose 20% in the two weeks after Zen 2 reveal. Market share is more important that 200% ROI on hardware

>another newfag thread started by some mongoloid too underage b& to remember the last time nvidia and amd had a price war
kys

Blame adored's faggotry for that

>knowing how businesses work makes me a shill
Kay m8. If you don't like the prices take it up with Nvidia. As the market leader they set the trends.

Attached: 1468974476103.jpg (600x600, 40K)

no

Literally me except it was $279

That guy says some retarded shit some times, but he's right on this topic. Navi is too expensive.

It's the fault of that butch looking whore Lisa Su, She just cares about profit margins. It's not like the old AMD where they wanted market share so they'd have very good prices. It's all about margins now.

That's also why Ryzen 3000 is gimped with clock speeds. Nothing close to 5GHz but i'm sure it can do it. They're giving consumers the worst binned silicon, because margins (apart from maybe the 105W 3950X which is somewhat decent silicon).

lol shitpost harder, retard. AdoredTV is a fucking low IQ NEET and so are you for regurgitating his stupid asspulls. Companies don't operate to satiate your autismal feelings. Everything is profit driven.

MFW I paid 215$ for an rx480 4gb nitro+ before the crypto bubble and have no intention of upgrading any time soon.
Nvidiots and AMD drones can keep paying these exorbitant prices, the sad thing is the 5700XT is the middle of the product stack there will absolutely be a 5800XT and a 5600.

Attached: 22f.jpg (640x480, 41K)

>not wanting 1080p response times at 1440p
Stay mad, cuck.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-12 07-44-48.png (1371x727, 498K)

>navi will fail
navi is the first uarch (and im calling this out now that the next iteration of navi wont be anything like that i bet my ass virginity on it not that it says much anyway)since 2008 that is specifically made for "games"
it has half the distance of the pipeline of the gcn which pretty much elliminates most of its bottlenecks alone
and im pretty sure that they are able to feed the ACE better now considering that they use IF as an interconnect

but as i said this isnt what navi will look like at all this is like a revised gcn

plus im really interested to see how fidelity fx works cause increasing the image quality like that without a major blowout on perfomance will be a game changer

I like AMD, but fuck, damn nvidia won me with CP77 GI bullshots.

Attached: cyberpunk-2077-nvidia-geforce-e3-2019-rtx-on-exclusive-4k-in-game-screenshot-001.jpg (3840x2160, 1.98M)

can you explain how anti lag works? because I have no clue how that would be physically possible.

>I need an eceleb to validate my opinion
kys faggot

Ill wait for independent tests and prices
will buy the cheapest decent one but ideally I want 300$ card
might just go for used 1070ti

dont forget this was suppose to be launched in early 2017 originally then the fuckery of GF 10nm got in hand and it changed to late 2017/early 2018
using GF 7nm DUV
and all of that was BEFORE gf buttfucking amd again and annc that they will drop out of the high end competitive s/r market

this is like the third time amd got fucked up by gf
first with the early athlons
then the delay of 2 years of the fx series rendering them obsolete basicly
and the what was suppose to be navi

look how much it costs to make them, in the absolute worst case scenario.
They are selling at a massively retarded profit margin, even Nvidia don't go this high and they are the fucking dominant side in this market.
AMD literally committed suicide with their GPUS.

Attached: prices for 5700XT.jpg (666x174, 58K)

>Look how much it costs them to make it

is that even a legit source or just some dumbfucked up numbers out of blue considering that nobody even knows anything about the pricing

AMD has already tried playing the undercut Nvidia in price game since the Radeon RX 300 series and their marketshare never went up appreciably wven woth the cryptocurrency mining boom. And since Nvidia priced their cards so high, it only makes sense for AMD to slightly undercut Nvidia right now and only respond when Nvidia does especially when Nvidia already hinted and has reaponded to AMD the last few years they released GPUs via 1080 Ti and 1070 Ti. This maximizes profit and gives AMD more pricing margin to move down when Nvidia does respond. And honestly, AMD need something better than Navi to compete with Turing and 7nm from Nvidia. Navi if it was equal to Turing should be giving out 2080 peformace at the XT level and 2070 peformance for the non XT model.

Forgot pic.

Attached: Add-in-Board-GPU-Market-Share-2002-to-Q1-2018.png (1464x555, 82K)

it's based on the maximum price of every component, as in "absolute worst case scenario" it will cost that much. Which means it's either that cost or cheaper.

I'm not watching a 30 minute video when the first 10 seconds made me cringe so much I permanently harmed my soul.
What's the argument op?

Read it.
No matter how much you try to defend AMD stocks, people are not going to buy this shit and this is a massive PR fail.
Literally killing off the good will of their GPUS and putting yourself next to Nvidia in terms of "we are honest jews"

The message is clear from AMD, they got funded by sony and microsoft and don't care about PC gamers, the PC GPUS, because they got all their money coming from consoles now.

Nvidia as scummy as they fucking are, at least rely on PC gamers to make a profit.
AMD literally doesn't give a fuck anymore, they don't even have to try now.
Which is why they are overpricing their 5700XT by almost TWICE as much and "eh what ever dumb fuck buys it"

>AMD doesnt care about PC gamers, the PC GPUS.
Because everyone buys nvidia regardless, AMD doesnt care about a market that never bought their gpus and never will

what? rx390 cost as much as 970, sometimes more
AMD haven't undercut nvidia since R300 series when it wasn't even AMD yet
and r300 sold well comparing it to retardo fest of recent 5 years it sold brilliantly

>thread filled with AMD and Nvidia shills making piss poor arguments that only affect the perspective on stocks
I'm just glad the consumers are smart enough to stay out of this thread. Any purchase made of a GPU is a momentary measurement. None of you would care about how 'well' AMD/Nvidia is doing with regards to their histories if you were real consumers.
The only place where it matters is with peripheral support.

so basicly its all bullshit cause companies gets rebates all the time

because giving up on a market is such a great strategy
>nobody bought bulldozer why fight intel
this fucking defeatist logic is retarded

Could somebody explain something about average consumer mindset in USA or other first world country when buying GPU or computer parts? With all the salary being memed here spending $1000 for a few years experience seems cheap in comparison.

I'm genuinely asking this as a third world citizen.

>Because everyone buys nvidia regardless
>we are just jews because everybody buys Nvidia regardless
It's the biggest fucking mental delusion ever.
>we aren't pricing things competitively because nobody would buy it even if we would
and you keep doing this and saying this year after year after year
You literally aren't giving a chance for people to actually support you
Hell I waited 8 months just to get navi and support AMD, and you know what they did, they literally went Nvidia tier while trying to get even bigger margins than nvidia, who we all mock for that shit.
and the excuse "well you woudnt even buy it anyway"
Get help serious. Defending your amd stock at this point is immoral.

Attached: navi3.jpg (957x649, 338K)

It's kind of a pity their blower is still kind of garbage. It hasn't even got idle mode.

The US has a very large wage gap.
The people who earn the meme salaries (or even just a fraction of that) don't spend their time looking at building their own computers unless it's a hobby for them.

exactly this.
Imagine if amd started acting retarted in the CPU market after bulldozer instead of actually trying with ryzen.
And look, they are now dominant in the CPU market.
But no we can't do the same in the GPU market why even try, nobody would even buy them, so we better increase the prices, and release noncompetitive products, that will make it better.

point is, if companies actually compete we win
amd strategy should be "we will jab you in the throat like intel you greedy bastards"
nvidia should answer "nope, super will murder you in price/perf"
what is happening right now in GPU market is travesty.
the sad part AMD got a competitive product, they market it wrong.

Just gonna keep waiting.

I want 4k/60fps without it being unreasonable. And I want it NOW. Did you hear me, guys? Now. No excuses, no bullshit.

>so basically we would like you to delete this and shut it down, because the goyim shouldn't know that amd is selling them at a insane profit to where they could cut off 100$ and still make 45% profit, to the point where they would cut off 200$ and still make a small profit.

2080ti.

If you take that view then it's no argument. You have a brand loyalty based on market share (inverse).
It's not worth discussing (on a tech board) beyond encouraging others to take this same stance.
But that's not what's being done in here.

There'd nothing wrong with the gpu division. They don't sell navi at exagerated prices because they're forced to, they do it because they want to milk you just like novideo. Uncle Huang and niece Lisa are probably fixing the prices together.

That's unreasonable

>4K/60fps
I don't know if I can stand 60fps any longer. I've held on for a long ass time just because I know I can never go back and monitors used to be expensive. But I'm jumping off now.
See you on the other side.

It's funny how much the whole PC master race meme has backfired on the people suckered in. Before that became a thing (and it was almost definitely propagated by nvidia/intel/amd astroturfing campaigns), prices were much more reasonable. But then over the course of years, after pages and pages of threads and internet arguments about how PC is an elite platform, about how people who don't buy expensive PCs are plebs, pleasants, etc., over the course of all this time, what has happened? The prices have increased by like 50%. And why not? The companies involved have manufactured a mass culture within online communities that makes little overclocking forums from the past look niche. Now it's mainstream to spend 1000s on computer parts to avoid being a pleb, to avoid being left behind. All the people who invested in and acted as free cheerleaders for their growing hobby-cum-subculture, now being the main victims of its growth. Hilarious.

Attached: 1556887989760.gif (187x155, 2.28M)

Buy a vega 64 and play 4k on medium or even low settings ans it should give you 60-70 fps in anything

>Implying we also don't have large wage gap here.
I know minimum wage is not accurate representation but here our mimimum wage are like $200-400 per month so electronics are expensive here.

>play on medium
heck no

>amd should sell their cards cheaper because i said so

anyone bitching about the 5700 but thinks the 2060 and 2070 are great GPUs needs to go jump off a fucking bridge