How can I do this?

How can I do this?

i want to basically turn a spare router into a wireless switch

Attached: Photoshop_wjYSl6NsBo.png (811x391, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/dumbap
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Get 2 routers, flash DD-WRT to one of them and set it up as a client device and then plug your other router into it.

Oh my bad, with your setup just flash DD-WRT to the ethernet router and set it up as a client so it will connect to the wifi

Can't be done, next thread

will OpenWRT work? DD-WRT is unstable on it, and the other router (that i want to connect a bunch of ethernts to) does not support either DD-WRT or OpenWRT

Many routers come with a bridge function somewhere in their settings.
In failing that why not put a good pci wifi card into your desktop and bridge it to the ethernet, then run that to the phones. You shouldn’t need a switch either as most sip phones come with a ‘switch’ and ‘pc’ port so you can run them in series.

Of course.

openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/network/wifi/dumbap

what kind of software will I use for that?

im using a ALFA AWUS usb wifi adapter on my desktop, im thinking of doing that (using the ethernet port on the computer for the phones in series)

100ft of cat5e is like $5 on amazon

Attached: niggerliciousness.jpg (705x876, 73K)

There's a lot of situations where running cable isn't an option. He could live in an apartment or have an open floorplan.

I dont understand what they mean by step 3

Enter an IP address “next to” your main router on the field “IPv4 address”. (If your main router has IP 192.168.1.1, enter 192.168.1.2). Set DNS and gateway to point into your main router to enable internet access for the dumb AP itself

How do i change the DNS and Gateway to point to main router?

does DNS ip become 192.168.0.1 or wut

On Windows you can view your network devices, select two and select 'bridge'. In Linux it is best to search for the documentation for your distro.

actually i just tried to skip that "dumbap" guide and went to Wireless -> Scan

found my "root" router IP and then connected

now I have a working bridge it seems :DD maybe need to disable the DHCP server on this secondary router though

Oh and just note when you do connect the phones, instead of plugging the ethernet to the computer using the 'pc' labelled port on the phone you need to put it in 'switch' then link the 'pc' port to the 'switch' port on the other phone.

yee thx im setting up the phones now.

voip.ms still the goodest DID provider?

Sorry, wouldn't know, I am European. I use Sipgate.

Fuck you jordan, nobody likes you

I am very happy with voip.ms. I have eight DIDs behind a freepbx server.

If your main router IP is 192.168.1.1 then that's what you type in for your DNS and gateway on the dumb ap so it will go to the main router to request DNS info as well as access to the Internet.

If it's not 192.168.1.1, then enter in what's your main router's IP is.

Or buy Asus and it's an easy 4 click setup.

What you want is a wireless repeater.

Its just a router in access point mode that is wirelessly connected to the main router. Consult your router's manual on how to put it into access point mode and how to connect it to a wifi network.

My fritz.box can do that shit out of the box. It's a 4020 iirc.