Jow Forums used to be super into these what went so wrong?

Jow Forums used to be super into these what went so wrong?

Attached: gpd-pocket.jpg (1200x1022, 223K)

They turned out to be shit.

will this absolute unit be shit or not shit

Attached: 7cbe14ad-9340-4c18-aeaf-ba96d76d8591.jpg (700x417, 62K)

Typing on those was a pain, and most people just wanted something they could consume media on, not a full blown desktop OS.

Smartphones solved that.

>single core performance of a 2007 Celeron
>emmc
>no LTE
>overheats
>1 year warranty
>shit keyboard
>shit battery life
>what went so wrong?

This
It was hard to admit but there's no two ways about it

It was 700 dollars

"modern" style thinkpads became cheap when business and colleges flooded ebay and other sellers after 5 years

Price vs performance vs usefulness. It failed all 3 and only had compact going for it. I have an eeepc, but it was a fuck ton cheaper than what they evolved into. Tablet PCs showed better results all around.

Attached: Asus t100ha_c4_gr.png (1581x717, 382K)

How well do those stand up like a laptop? Seems like it would be really flimsy and unbalanced with the screen weighing twice as much as the keyboard.

I have one, in laptop form it is not something to be pounded on but does its job, matched with a mouse I was able to play star wars the old republic just fine on. Typing is squishy and works, but had worse honestly with the eeepc because of key space differences. Battery life is far better than most of the compact laptops. The biggest issue I have with it is I am unable to upgrade anything, but that is expected from a tablet PC.

interesting

bad keyboard.

trackpoint was a good addition but I like it between GHB keys.

also removing the sys rq and pause/break is atrocious.

Horrible keyboard laylout like \ not above return, ~ next to escape, fn on the left of ctrl, caps has no key gap

I don't like that FN has to be held for home/end/pageup/pagedown and all of the F1-12 function keys.
Also the keyboard itself sucks for typing if you ignore the layout.
It would be very nice for thumb typing on a smaller landscape phone type setup but traditional touch typing it's really bad for extended paragraphs.

Works nice as a portable little emulator box with quick text file editing and what not but it's not the portable WLAN terminal I was hoping it would be.

You could literally just put a keyboard on the side of a modern phone and pretend it's a laptop, it would be more powerful and have a similar screen size

we gave up. between the delays, the cost, and the limited stock, it just wasn't worth it.

A lot of us aren't even mobile anyway. We're mostly at our computers. I gave up and just bought a samsung S2 tablet, the last good 8" tablet and that was it.

Mine's fucking awesome I don't know what you guys are on about.

Post a pic of it and the desktop

Of course.

Attached: 20190611_185239_vTBAof.jpg (4608x3456, 3.21M)

I had the one in your pic and it was absolute trash.

They are not indeed a solid laptop as it is a tablet and a dock. Mine works well for me, hate the windows 10 though. It was $300 for me, it fits the roll well and still works as it should.

this
also the shills collected their shekles and left

shut up Fred

Who?

They never lived up...

Attached: libretto_50ct.jpg (600x400, 31K)

How much are those again?

I wish these had good battery life

I have no idea how could you think this would turn out to anything but shit.

This came out and wiped out the competition

Attached: image24_Oct._17_18.25.jpg (605x317, 20K)

I don't know if you were using a Commodore 64 before this, but it's not good in any way imaginable.

>tiny shit systems powered by intel swiss cheese
>Chink manufacturer say "Well they can game, but not for longer than an hour or your warranty is voided lol" because they'll overheat to the point that solder joints break
>power button right on the keyboard

The hype died because people got the devices in hand and the charm wore off instantly. They have major faults that aren't going to be addressed.

It has nearly entirely replaced my phone in terms of shitposting. 1000x more comfy.

they didn't need to turn out to be shit, they were shit before they turned out