How to ask for recommendations:
>Budget
>Source
>Type of headphone
>Open or closed
>Comfort level
>Sound signature
>Past headphones

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: stax incel 22.jpg (666x666, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5BWOHlEyHcs
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-matrix-audio-element-x-dac-streamer-amp.7782/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Daily reminder that pic related is the ultimate setup for critical listening, anything else is just placebo or plain wrong.
Staxcels mad.

Attached: endgame.png (530x1016, 385K)

Attached: headphone tiers.png (1536x3123, 1.39M)

you're autistic if you spend more than 400 on a pair of headphones and you neither make music nor are actually autistic

>nostaxers will never experience the bliss of a warmed up energizer and burned-in stax shooting laser beams of pure music instantaneously into their skulls
I pity all of you

Attached: ohyeah.jpg (1680x1050, 225K)

Attached: how it feels to be summit fi.png (882x807, 721K)

is /csg/ leaking again?

Attached: 1423115765590.png (600x503, 152K)

Have sex

Okay boys, I got some DT 770s some time ago, and use them for gaming and some music. Only thing that I've realized is, the quality of video game sounds isn't even that notable in comparison to a random pair of headphones that I owned previously that WERE wireless ones. I honestly couldn't tell much difference at all. Can someone tell me if I just have pleb HEARING or is it because sound quality cannot be determined that well in video games?

Attached: 1556436811813.jpg (480x269, 32K)

Only qt's use the HD600's. (´ω`*)

Attached: 1560272063971.jpg (982x736, 66K)

Those are not good headphones.

What are some "good" headphones then? No doubt I'll be spending over 300 for some good ones.

Stax

DT 990 600ohm for 70 near me.
Do I get them?
They seem to be in okay condition

Focal Elex can be found for around 5-600 used.

beats pro studio

witch each passing day, the seething nostaxer incel is more desperate.
another thread, another win for stax.

Attached: 190214.Stax1_.jpg (657x620, 211K)

>fecal

i need some budget earbuds and im thinking about buying Sennheiser MX365 , what is their quality like?
can you maybe recommend something better in similar price range

What are /hpg/. thoughts on Turtle beach? Is it the Beats of gaming headphones?

Also

>$100-300
>Gaming and music
>Closed
>Someone who sweats a lot and loves to PC game, listen to weeb shit and or metal and also dnb, occasionaly rap like MF Doom, sometimes Lofi.
>Noise canceling, wired but not too long
>Sennheiser 560, a Phillips headphone and a bherdynamic headphone

Attached: __houjuu_nue_touhou_drawn_by_gotoh510__47d357e31b65a4adab9714684807b06b.png (2000x2000, 2.79M)

To the guy who recommended me the t50rp, thanks mate!
I CNCed the cups more open, replaced the pads and damped the inner side with a bit of toilet paper. They sound great now and provided some fun too. Definitely gonna recommend them to mod friendly people too in the future.

Attached: serveimage9.jpg (1500x1487, 265K)

I would find a material that dampens the prominent mids-highs of the back wave and shape/position it such that it reflects them away from the driver. That way it might sound more like an open headphone even if it's closed.

First for

Attached: 3781E3E1-18FC-458E-9F4A-1AE71DB58B57.jpg (4032x3024, 2.43M)

Whats a good dac/amp for 660s thats under $250ish

>gayming
>noise cancelling
no shitphones

he's right you know

that settles it
these he4xx are better than my superlux hd688B lol

waiting for my sr-007 to arrive

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

07 Jun 2019 13:42
Processing completed at origin. Departed from export facility Avenel, NJ, US

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 6ksorAs.jpg (1200x1156, 166K)

lucky you, I was just enjoying my SR-007

Attached: A26AD2EA-DE10-42D6-9BA8-5D0A413C8363.jpg (4032x3024, 2.15M)

bump?

Do you have AMP or DAC, and what ohm version of your headphones? I had that issue with my DT990 PRO, until i bought SMSL M3.

Read the first post again.
>For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in What part of this is not clear?

Attached: hd650 vs es10.jpg (1125x728, 121K)

Can someone recommend me a good pair of headphones under 200€? I've always used those shitty 12€ headphones you find in your local store.
I need them to be extra comfy because i use them about 8 hours a day and also need good isolation. Thanks

Anyone got experience with waterproof headphones?
Any good options for up to 100$? Preferably wired.

Just bought some new pads from my headphones cause I have like a white mold growing on my current ones (tried wiping it off with a wet cloth and it just stays there)

it feeds on your oily essence.

I didnt think anything of it until I started getting a red rash and dry skin around my ears and sideburns

Likely contact dermatitis.

12 Jun 2019 14:24
The shipment has arrived in the destination country

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1423254559326.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

Alright what are some good headphones and DACs which don't sound boring? I need them for electronic music.

Stax

Stax. Buy Stax.

Great post friend.

You should buy Stax. Stax is the peak of sound fidelity and a blessing to us all in our times of music listen sessions.

Attached: ChinkSellingStax.jpg (600x400, 26K)

are stax waterproof?

Yes. Stax are incredibly durable and can be enjoyed under any condition.

Excellent choice. Stax is for the music listening elite.

Lol mf doom and lofi holy cring

I will be getting pair of HD600s from a friend in few days. I will be using Burson Soloist SL mk2 heapdhone amp for them (also borrowed from my brother)

The question is: I have this DAC. I'm not very tech-savy: is there something wrong with this DAC perhaps?

I will be using the headphones mostly for some mixing, but plan to listen some records too in "analytical" sense just to get some neutral perspective on my own mixes of my favorite records.

Attached: oFdpXM4wpUxFiq7fi85zu5-480-80.jpg (450x264, 18K)

Do you fags recommend Brainwavz HM5 ? I need decent durable headphones in around 150$. Are M40Xs nice and durable ?

it better be stax

the hifiman he4xx looks cute on me uwu

Any good studio quality headphones with noise canceling?

Want closed ear for travel for hifi use. Run studio monitors for my home set up and want some for travel and lawnmowing so noise canceling is a plus.

I have H/K earbuds that sound great but I hate ear buds

>get HD600 in mail today
>plug them in
>hit shuffle
>mids and highs are great
>bass can be better, but it’s very present
>cum

Nobody warned me about this

Are you using amp to to power the sound?

No, I’m considering buying one when money isn’t so tight (in undergrad). I know it’ll help but I prefer not to think about it out of fear that I’ll start splitting hairs.

Rachmaninov has never sounded so marvelous to these ears.

Stax. Stax will cancel out noise by sending the ultimate pleasure of music into your ear and making yoy unaware of anything else.

Buy Stax to achieve orgasm.

you're so lame

What is your current setup? Just straight into stereo/laptop/dac?

I will be also getting the HD600 in few days as I said in this post I'm not implying you are imagining things (that things sound good) but considering they are 300 Ohm Impedance without any amplifying you are missing out what they are potentially capable of

Still waiting for my 6XX to ship and wrote an email.
They responded by telling me about the shipping date listed on the product page. There it says
>Estimated ship date is June 13, 2019 PT.
But isn't that shipping date for when you buy NOW, since they're always in stock?
I bought them on the 7th and back then it said they'd ship on the 10th.

Attached: 9Fw7XqKRc6ZbtC3oDSsg_H6xx Reshoot32622.jpg (820x547, 46K)

typical pajeet support

>google the name of the support person
holy shit

Attached: ss (2019-06-12 at 17.07.04).png (1002x430, 484K)

Yep. I meant that I’m listening after considering that I don’t have an amp, and realize that this can be better and that gets me rock fucking hard m8.

Do you have any recommendations for amps for when I decide to pick one up?

Staxcels mad

What’s wrong with Bowers and Wilkins or B&O

>Do you have any recommendations for amps for when I decide to pick one up?

I would probably get a used one. The good thing with HiFI equipment is that once they are used they get -50% off from price...

So you could get $600 dollar amplifier for $300.. usually they are not that much used and I would be worried about the condition of your headphones rather than the amplifier.

I mean you could waste $2000 for amp but I don't see the point with HD600...

Burson Soloist SL (not the mk) has been given good reviews on pairing with the HD600 and HD650s. Used units can be around $300-350

I think the main concern would be so that you reach that 300 Ohm impendance so they get enough juice to hit all those freqs. There are lots of DAC/Amplifiers built in together too so maybe some used unit like that one would work too..

Theyre not Stax.

staxfags have the fervor of religious missionaries during times of stringent political and economic uncertainty

This is my work place, show ur self OP who the heck are you?

have stax incel

But yeah... consider a bit skepticism on the reviews when reading about those user reviews.. especially if you plan to listen classical and don't buy anything stupid shit you don't need

Just other day I was browsing through some amp reviews and read some really high flying stuff like "I CAN FINALLY HEAR THE PLAYERS BREATHING OF MY FAVORITE SONATA" or something like that they are starting to smell the records...

Clearly delusional stuff

Post your stax faggot

You can usually hear the breathing of pianists if the recording setup is good.

Here’s a strange one;
youtu.be/5BWOHlEyHcs
Go to 10:40 and listen very carefully.

Usually the most important parts of piano pieces (aside from the composition itself) is the way it’s played. The emotion that a pianist gives to a peice is all physical and that’s translated through various degrees of loudness. This is all a function of a pianist’s control over their playing. I bought these headphones specifically to listen to that.

ok, here's a picture of me with my stax
happy now?

Attached: 1559398312264.jpg (720x960, 55K)

Holy shit you look awesome and cool

>empty headphone stand
>advertising poster
No

>You can usually hear the breathing of pianists if the recording setup is good.

So it is a thing, huh. Not that knowledgeable of classical, I just thought it sounded ridiculous considering the reviews where somewhat optimistic and I have a lot of skepticism when it comes to expensive hardware.

Well I don't blame you: at least your reasons are musically healthier than mine: I am addicted to some "imperfections" of the records I listen that are masked by lower end audio systems: get strange satisfaction when you finally hear some of the stuff you haven't heard before, something that perhaps was not supposed to be there...

>he doesn't have a listening room for guests and posters of his favorite headphone manufacturers all across the house

>tfw you haven’t ascended

theres nothing inherently wrong with how u look, infact u look reasonable
but you just ooze "audio nerd" as a vibe

Whats listening with this afternoon, user.

Attached: A06D9E23-F781-4ACF-A8B5-E00E2EBE3155.jpg (4022x2496, 2.42M)

OriGen (and OriGen G2) were found to have higher THD than specced for when analyzed by an independent analysis group. Plus it still has issues w/ drivers in Windows. Modi 3 + JDS Atom (Or Liquid Spark if you want nicer build quality for very very slightly different sound) is much closer to reasonably priced "endgame" because it's rare to have any issue with these two (despite what people say about Schiit, the Modi 3 is solid) and either of those amps can power damn near anything.
Also some people want open back headphones, to which the HD58X or HD6XX would be good (or an AKG offering depending on preference).
And what advantage does the MDR-CD900ST have over something like the MDR-V6 / MDR-7506? The latter are both about $100 cheaper.

just buy a JDS Labs Atom and be done with amps forever (or a monoprice Liquid Spark if you want it faster, a metal construction and measures slightly worse but is sturdy and still sounds fantastic)
Both of these are $100 as well and have more than enough oomph to power the HD6XX. I just noticed another user who mentioned the Atom & Liquid Spark and for good reason, they are both just too fuckin good for $100. And your DAC is fine.

Could you please rate the Superlux HD660 from 1-10, with 1 being "Like hammering a nail into your ear" and 10 being "009s".
Many thanks.

>dynamic headphones
>endgame
heh

"reasonably priced endgame"
learn to read you stax brainlet

Friendly reminder that technology doesn't stop improving. New King of SINAD, Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Amp. -121dB S/N thru its own balanced headphone amp. 1.5W into 33 ohms! Do you need 1.5w? No. Does it make everything else sound better? Yes. audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-matrix-audio-element-x-dac-streamer-amp.7782/

Attached: Matrix Audio Element X streaming DAC Audio Measurements.png (1340x836, 44K)

Stop.

>Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Amp
>$3000 fucking dollars
I'll take my THX AAA 789 and a Modi 3, thank you.

Stop what? Preaching the truth for better sound quality? G'head and listen to your sound card, it's good enough.
Yes, it's close for a lot cheaper, but you csan't do -120 out of separate components. Bleeding edge costs!

Attached: Matrix Audio Element X streaming DAC SINAD Audio Measurements.png (2266x637, 90K)

Aren't those units all DAC+AMP built in one though?

I personally would probably just buy reasonable DAC and put rest of my money to a decent amp

>Tfw DACMagic Plus
>99
>Orange

Attached: 3576879868574.png (205x246, 7K)

>the best costs more
all is as expected.

Stax are meme

Post Yfw green/blue gang

Attached: GREEN.jpg (900x900, 155K)

I'm a weeb, any opinions about audio techniqa? especially ath ws1100is? and es 10? also im cringy as fuck

Stax is not a headphone.

Stax is not even an earspeaker.

Stax is a way of life.

People who obsess about this type of microdetail (I heard the drummer fart!) rather than how enjoyable the headphone is to listen to are mentally ill. No wonder so many of these audiophile headphones are so dead sounding.