Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: lefttoldrighttoinstallgentoo.jpg (792x1199, 165K)

Other urls found in this thread:

samsung.com/us/sidesync/
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903
windowscentral.com/how-get-windows-10-may-2019-update-your-pc-soon-possible
youtube.com/watch?v=39TrhPSGE0U
hirensbootcd.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's a good music player for Windows that'll also work with rainmeter?

Attached: Kevi.png (400x400, 133K)

besides have availability for components and sizes or whatever. do motherboards have differences in performance?

Yes, but its mainly in overclocking and high power draw CPUs.
Also durability.

Is obtaining the Certified Ethical Hacker certification worth doing?

Also, what if I'm not an ethical hacker, but I obtain the certified ethical hacker certification?
Isn't that the least ethical thing to do? ...

But... By bypassing the need to be ethical, and obtaining the certification anyway... Isn't that the most hacker thing to do?

Moral dilemma.

i have a ryzen 2700x and an asrock b450 pro4. how would these work together?

Do you have those 2 right now or are planning to buy those 2?

Hey, I have a PCI-E 3.0 motherboard but I want one of those new radeon cards, should I just buy a 580 8GB instead or upgrade the motherboard?

not a hacker but i think i can address. it's not a moral dillema but because it's not a dillema between two moral issues. it's a dilemma between a moral issue and a dumb argument.

i have these 2 in my computer right now?

Okay boys, I got some DT 770s some time ago, and use them for gaming and some music. Only thing that I've realized is, the quality of video game sounds isn't even that notable in comparison to a random pair of headphones that I owned previously that WERE wireless ones. I honestly couldn't tell much difference at all. Can someone tell me if I just have pleb HEARING or is it because sound quality cannot be determined that well in video games?

That motherboard has horrible VRM (ASRock is known to use 10 cent chips from Niko which are total shit) so dont expect to be able to get the most of the 2700X.
At stock speeds? you shouldnt see problems, but the second you try to do any kind of heavy overclocking expect problems with your motherboard.
Good B450 and X470 motherboards have giant VRM heatsinks for a reason, see MSI B450 Tomahawk.
But if you already have the Pro 4 then just keep it since there is no reason to spend in a new motherboard.

So, I have no idea how to do anything related to computer programming. As a musician I found this programm called Scala, which help you experiment with tuning, scales and so on. Thing is, I don't get shit, I'm completely baffled by it, but I want to learn. It's written in Ada. Can any of you give me some pointers on how do I learn to use Scala? Thanks in advance guys.

i bought it at a time when i was building a computer all together + VR, so i was trying to cut money short. but i don't mind an upgrade now.

I'm attempting to install Windows 10 x64 on a WinBook. I burned Windows 10 on a USB, and I'm trying to boot to the USB at this screen, but whenever I try, it just goes back to that screen again. Am I doing something wrong?

Attached: IMG_20190611_202815.jpg (4032x3024, 3.87M)

Then just sell the 2700X and the Pro 4 and buy a CPU that fits your needs this July 7 from the 3000 series and a decent motherboard.

What did you use to move the ISO to the USB?

i don't have needs that big so don't be pushin'

Reposting this from the last thread.

I'm trying to regain access of my account on Windows 10. I changed my password to something strong to stop my old roommates from snooping around, but now that I haven't touched the account in 6+ months, I can't remember what exactly that password was.

So before I give up and reinstall Windows, I'm currently in CMD through the repair option. I tried the wmic useraccount get name command when attempting to repair the computer, but all I'm getting is "No instance(s) available". I get the same response with wmic useraccount list brief, list full, etc. With wmic useraccount get name, all I see are Administrator, DefaultAccount, Guest, and this WDAGUtilityAccount shit. My actual account isn't shown. Am I doing something wrong? When booting normally, I'm taken to my account's login screen, so the account wasn't deleted somehow. Is there anything I can do here? All I want to do is change my password.
>Give it back Jamal
Yeah yeah, I was looking at my receipt earlier and saw my $250 charge for the ram. Hurt me so fucking bad.

Also, I've tried using Trinity Rescue Kit but it just says it can't find an operating system.

repost for dumbness

Just make a Linux USB and copy/paste your files.

My brother might get my dad a Nest thermostat and I'm concerned about privacy. It can sense light levels and activity within 20 feet. Does anyone know if it uses a full-fledged camera that can see you? Or is it just a proximity/light sensor and not a camera?

I used Rufus. I just pirated an iso and burned that to the USB. Not sure if it's relevant or not, but this WinBook is really old and hasn't been used for years. When I booted it up, it was running Windows 10 fine, but when I went to reset it, it went through the process but wouldn't boot to Windows.

why do you need to put your os in an .iso file?

Would a Dell Chromebook be fine for tech illiterate parents that only need to look at Facebook and use ebay?

How do I filter posts that reply to n or more (different) posts? The different part is optional, I just want to get rid of reply cancer

Did you remember to select GPT or MBR mode correctly.
And format it in NTFS?

What is the difference between Software Design and Software Architecture?
Pajeets may not reply.

I'm new to Linux. I downloaded something (Deluge) on Debian through FireFox but it's not in the Downloads folder like it says it should be on FireFox download preferences. I can find Deluge by filtering keywords but surely there's a folder somewhere where it's in? There's no "check properties" for it like in Windows so I don't know how to find its location. I just want to move it to the desktop.

Is the download visible in the download history when you press ctrl+J in Firefox? If so, press the folder icon next to it. Does that open the correct folder with the download selected?

Also have you installed Deluge yet?

All ctrl+J does is put a '?' in the FireFox search bar. I've looked at the FireFox 'Downloads' section through the FireFox library but it's empty.

I think it's installed. I can open it and all.

Is there a single safe software for windows that lets you create disc images and mount images?

From a command line type "whereis deluge" and hit enter. That should tell you the location of the installed Deluge executable.

For the location of the downloaded installer, I don't know. I don't know exactly how installers work on Debian. If it works like in Windows then it's possible it was put in a temporary folder or is already deleted.

NTFS may be why. The default value was FAT32. I changed it to NTFS, so I'll try the install again after I burn it again. I assume the other values are correct?

Attached: Rufus.png (423x587, 20K)

Why dont you pirate LTSC instead?
And yes.

It lead me to /usr/bin/deluge and /usr/share/man/man1/deluge.1.gz

The first one lead me to a python script and the second to two filed called deluge.1.gz and deluge-gtk.1.gz

No executables as far as I know. Now that I think about it I might have downloaded Deluge while incognito so that might explain why it's not shown in the FireFox library?

How much thought do i need to put into an original virtual architecture design?

Am i in too deep if i'm thinking about bus contention and three-state logic? Is it even important to consider virtual bus architecture, or can i just pretend the buses don't exist and handle them transparently via the assignment and reference semantics of the underlying language?

For reference: i want to make an emulator for an imaginary 8-bit game system whose architecture specifics i am trying to make up from scratch

Attached: Cp8j3IQVMAAYljf.jpg_large.jpg (700x394, 48K)

The file in /usr/bin/ is the Deluge executable I believe. That's where a lot of programs go. Linux doesn't have .exe executables so when I say executable I more mean any file that can be executed, including Python scripts, bash scripts, and binary files.

If you just type "./usr/bin/deluge" in the terminal I think it'll open Deluge.

ok I get it, thanks user

Is a powerline ethernet solution worth it for gaming? I'm trying to play shit online and my connection is godawful, but I can't feed an ethernet cord into my room because it's such a roundabout way to and from my router. The router and my computer are actually close displacement-wise, but there are walls between them I'd rather not drill.

Is there any way to pull files from an android phone with a broken screen. I know both the unlock code and the account attached to the phone, I just can't type it in. If it helps, its a Galaxy S5.

Attached: iToddlers_BTFO.jpg (1452x1632, 481K)

Is there any firefox extension that save image with renaming feature?

Double-click Image Downloader has that feature but not support for firefox.

Attached: Untitled.png (354x421, 12K)

Because I kind of want feature updates. And I tried the install again using NTFS, but I get this.

Attached: IMG_20190611_224557_1.jpg (2352x3987, 1.51M)

There are various 3rd party tools that claim to be able to do this. Google "android recover data broken screen". Unfortunately I don't know which of these are good or trustworthy. And not every phone will work with them. Worth checking out though.

I once used some sketchy looking program that put an S2 with a broken screen into USB debugging mode. From there I was able to use adb (an official android tool) to pull the files. But I don't remember what the program was called. I found it with google.

Another option is to replace the screen. I got a used screen from ebay for a Galaxy Grand Prime for about $30 and was able to replace it myself with tutorials on YouTube. You risk breaking the phone further with this method.

You could talk to a cell phone repair place or maybe your service provider and see if they can help.

Best of luck.

Or maybe this can work?
samsung.com/us/sidesync/

What a shame, sidesync looked promising. Apparently it needs an app downloaded and given accessibility permissions to before it can runs. Seems like most third party apps have this limitation too.

>Another option is to replace the screen
I actually repair phones for pocket money. I was considering this, but paying $60 to fix an obsolete phone that I'll never use again is hard to justify.
I know the s5 has video out via mhl, but I don't have an adapter on hand and I don't know if it would even work before you unlock the phone.
I guess my next move is to look for some software that can mirror the video feed over USB.

Hey tech support, why the fuck do I need to grant Mozilla Firefox permissions in order to delete this image I drawed?

I was about to upload it, then needed to fix something so I didn't, then this happened?

Attached: screenshot hopefully i dont need fucking admin permission to delete this one too cunt.png (369x576, 48K)

So, I was trying to sign up for the game pass for PC thing, and it links me here: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903
Saying I need to get 1903 by clicking "check for updates" but if I check for updates, nothing happens and I don't get anything. What do?

Attached: not ready.jpg (800x600, 53K)

browsers hyper-sandbox themselves so filesystem access has to go through a bunch of goofy nonsense if it's not just "save into this predestined directory"

What is the best torrent client in 2019?

And inb4 >torrents are bad cause I have a proxy

Is it worth to have more than 1TB of RAM?

What's the best way to encrypt dns queries? Dnsmasq only used to caches the queries, right? Should I use dnscrypt-proxy? I'm on Fedora 30.

What Windows 10 build / version / whatever should I use if I wan't to use Windows 10 on my laptop?

Are they even developing dnscrypt anymore?

I just installed Unbound, it'll do DNS-over-TLS. Set it to a different port and then tell dnsmasq to use localhost at that port as its upstream server.

Is there a way to disable all the Intel security mitigation patch nonsense? My windows PC is purely for gayming, so I couldn't give less of a fuck whether someone could potentially exploit it.

Would my PC support a CPU from a new generation but has the same socket without a BIOS update? I have a sandy bridge prebuild I want to upgrade, but I live in actual poverty and can't afford a whole new system. I was debating between a refurbished 2600 and a 3770.

how do i fix

Of course, if you use something like Spark and big data queries.

>Most of the proposed neural machine translation models belong to a family of encoder–decoders (Sutskever et al., 2014; Cho et al., 2014a), with an encoder and a decoder for each language, or involve a language-specific encoder applied to each sentence whose outputs are then compared (Hermann and Blunsom, 2014). An encoder neural network reads and encodes a source sentence into a fixed-length vector. A decoder then outputs a translation from the encoded vector. The whole encoder–decoder system, which consists of the encoder and the decoder for a language pair, is jointly trained to maximize the probability of a correct translation given a source sentence.
can i call these encoder-decoders word embedders?

any? most anons who have their windows breaking shouldn't be using windows in the first place

Can anyone tell me how long these will last in an Xbone controller?

Attached: f982ffe6-432d-42b6-a9a8-7ddafc6d9c2a_1.2b0253f8187569fba8a4c06d6095388d.jpg (1588x2000, 1.01M)

Shitbait

is this a good deal?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (954x398, 74K)

is there a way to permanently disable the touchscreen of a surface pro 3? mine is cracked and always points to the top right corner during start-up and causes it to get stuck on the boot screen

Are you sure that thing takes normal windows? Could be an RT device.

You can call things whatever you want, doesn't mean anybody will acknowledge or know what you mean. The word codec is short for encoder–decoder in audio/video, but who knows if anyone has applied it to this context.

how can I tell if a given app will work on lineageos without gapps? been googling "[app name] dependencies" and suchlike but not getting any very informative results. particularly interested in avenza, bumble, and maybe pandora, but a general solution would be appreciated.

Attached: 1559144725052.jpg (685x475, 22K)

Qbittorrent

windowscentral.com/how-get-windows-10-may-2019-update-your-pc-soon-possible

Thoughts on Book Analysis Pattern by Martin Fowler?

hm, hopefully this is the case since I'm basing myself on this sole bet to write an essay about it. thanks user

What's the least bad adblocker for safari for mac? My normalfag brother refuses to use other browsers and ublock origin isn't available for mac (there's a fork, but it's outdated and doesn't work).

Attached: b9f6b1fcd1a8f4aef595b2b84310c46e159b0da3.jpg (2048x1451, 368K)

Xorg or wayland? for vidya

my 970 is stuck at 135mhz for the 3rd fucking time this month, wth could be causing this?

How do you unlock Xiaomi phones if you're on Linux and can't run Xiaomi's official unlock application? Is franztesca's MiUnlockTool still the best way to do it? Has anybody here used it to unlock a Redmi Note 7?

I'm not sure why but I seem to be suffering from latency issues. I have an old H81M motherboard, an i5 4460 and I upgraded recently to an RX 570 and a new PSU (a seasonic focus plus gold 650W which may seem overkill but why the fuck not). Every now and then with several driver versions, out of nowhere and without knowing how I'm getting it fixed when it decides to sort itself out, I get a minor video/audio stutter. For a second anything I'm doing (specially watching videos on youtube) stutters a little bit and the sound gets a little bit distorted along with some crackling. It's very random and sometimes I'll hear it once or twice in a whole day, some times never, and sometimes every fucking 15 minutes to where it's getting really annoying. I have tried different versions of realtek audio drivers, ethernet ones, I have tried fucking with message signaled interrupts, even disabling the stupid meltdown and spectre patches in case they did something, trying different versions of Windows 10 and I cannot permanently get rid of it. I would describe the sounds as getting "stretched" like when the PC is about to trigger a BSOD.

All that text and I forgot to even ask a fucking question. Anyways, any clues?

Oh, and I found a video that's similar to what I have (just I get it much less frequently, holy shit) youtube.com/watch?v=39TrhPSGE0U

Ok so I have a power recliner chair and every time I adjust the angle on my chair, my PC makes that windows 10 device disconnected/connected sound
it used to be funny but now it's really annoying
what is happening and how do i stop it

use hirens boot cd to make a portable windows 10 USB, boot off of that and run the xiaomi unlock tool on it
hirensbootcd.org/

You're better off using the package manager to install programs in Debian.
Ex) sudo apt install deluge
If you install it with the package manager, the executable will show up in the same place as all of your other programs.

Windows: qbittorrent
GNU/Linux: deluge (gui) or aria2 (cli)

I'm looking for the name of a Firefox addon I used to have: Really all it did was show Youtube (and some other popular video site (vimeo, dailymotion, etc.)) titles as hyperlinks, and allow a small resizable video player to pop out when you click the link.

I can't for the FUCKING LIFE OF ME remember this and it has been ages. I need some type of functional working script to hyperlink my goddamn youtube videos and show me a title name instead of a URL.

Pic unrelated.

Attached: WOMYN.jpg (349x79, 20K)

What's the best way of checking how "healthy" my HDD is?

Loose cable that gets jumbled by the moving chair?

Try Wayland, and if it doesn’t work, revert back to xorg

What's a good quality power bank with USB C out at 60W, at least 80Wh?

How do I remove this bar on top?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-12 18-17-45.png (1914x60, 9K)

F11

So, my harddrive just shit out a ton of reallocated sectors all of a sudden in less than a day, over 200 sectors and the SMART failed.

I've backed up my files, but I'm wondering if it could be a false positive since it appeared so quickly.

If not, how could so many sectors fail so quickly?

is there no other way

What DE you running?

mint, cinnamon

Google "cinnamon hide title bar"
And start off with Google next time, faget

I have a laptop that has a cron job to restart. Every once in a while when it restarts it will shut down but not turn back on. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Post the cron job, genius. Also, is it always plugged in? What do your BIOS settings look like?

Trying to write a crawler with go but I'm stuck at Instagram's auth.
Normally in python I would do:
session.post(url = '..', data = '...')
Looking online I found this snipped of code which should be the same:
var str = []byte(json) /* string representing the json to send */
request, err := http.NewRequest("POST", url, bytes.NewBuffer(str))

Unfortunately this code doesn't work, anyone has any ideas?

>move over to cousin's house
>bring my large mousepad and razer mouse with me
>after a few weeks of using his mouse on my mousepad his mouse lost the sensitivity to his old mousepad and only works with mine now
any way around this lads? i don't want to lose my mousepad because of his picky mouse

what was the throwaway email service with the epic domains called?

Cock li