OpenBaSeD

I use OpenBSD btw

Attached: puffy65.gif (599x199, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dragonflybsd.org/features/)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: puffysmalls.png (1000x500, 273K)

WOW! That's great!

Attached: 1546829058313.gif (200x200, 494K)

I installed pkg_mgr on openbsd and it is was great in the beginning but now it won't install anything, it simply starts the install process then quits pkg_mgr. Please help.

I use void now

Attached: cyberboomer.jpg (1200x680, 87K)

Use pkg_mgr to make mental notes of what you want to install. Then exit pkg_mgr. Then type: pkg_add application1 application2 application3 etc

>puffy65.gif
>puffy
:)

that's what I had to do. It's not all packages that act this way though. most works. the one I was having trouble with this time was intellij

Attached: Puffystock.gif (681x1029, 195K)

I used OpenBSD for two days. It was alright. I enjoyed the documentation and the mailing list for the quality of information. I enjoyed the simplicity and straightforwardness of the installation and of user configuration. But god damn did X11 on OpenBSD feel like saggy balls. I had a noticeable delay in my input and just lag in general from actions to response. I suppose OpenBSD is just not a good environment for a laptop (thinkpad).

I'm now on Guix.

Attached: Guix_logo.svg.png (1200x1090, 66K)

Almost all OpenBSD developers are developing OpenBSD on thinkpads running OpenBSD as their main OS.
You're retarded. Acknowledge it.

OpenBSD seems pretty neat only I can't get kshrc to work properly. None of the aliases take affect.

>not using FreeBSD

Those damn niggerlicous lips

At some point I want to try either OpenBSD or FreeBSD, seems comfy for a thinkpad

Throw this in ~/.profile export ENV=$HOME/.kshrc

OpenBSD on a Thinkpad is love and life.

does it still lack TRIM?

>using an SSD
what are you a faggot? Only a faggot would even know about that.

tired meme, SSDs are fine on openbsd, and any drive made in the last ten years does its own wear leveling.

I use a hackintosh. AMA.

Corrupts / mount on reboot.

Install DragonflyBSD.

Attached: 1553475266073.jpg (1500x1200, 541K)

it's not meant to be used on a desktop though, is it?

or i can just uae a hackintosh

>best unix consumer OS
>best hardware

best of both worlds desu

If you need any of its features (dragonflybsd.org/features/) on your desktop, why not?
Thinkpads, NVMe SSDs, modern Intel graphics and more are supported. But general purpose desktop computing is not a priority.

they're shitty developers?

>Install DragonflyBSD.
Don't. It's not ready.

No?

Those developers don't give a fuck about performance or latency. Only security.

Based.