Is there any way to make my laptop less shite with like 100 or 200 bucks and paying someone to put the parts in?

is there any way to make my laptop less shite with like 100 or 200 bucks and paying someone to put the parts in?

I think its okay in some aspects but I cant run any fucking games at all. I ran a scan from system reqs labs and it said my gpu and graphics card was shit and nothing else

can I pay a computer shop to get the parts and put them in for 200 dollars or something? I just want to play some jrpgs and maybe some emulators

Attached: Wojak.png (645x773, 9K)

No you generally can't and shouldn't try to stick in a different processor or add a gpu. They tend to be permanently attached and have custom cooling designs. Just buy a better computer if you need more than ram, a network card, or storage

if gpu is the only problem, you can use an external gpu, just need to check what type does your laptop support. maybe buy a good gpu to use with your laptop that you're going to also use when you buy a new pc

The GPU in laptops is unfortunately rarely upgradable.
There are external GPU enclosures but they usually require a Thunderbolt connection or a proprietary one from a gaming laptop.

Download Speccy and post a screenshot here. If your laptop is truly terrible, there may be older used gaming laptops available in the $200 range that would be an upgrade.
If your laptop is somewhat recent and not some AMD powered turd of one then an older laptop would probably a downgrade in most areas.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz

Video Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

RAM 8.0 GB

Operating System Windows 10

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100U CPU @ 2.40GHz
Manufacturer Intel
Speed 2.4 GHz
Number of Cores 4
CPU ID BFEBFBFF000806E9
Family 06
Model 8E
Stepping 9

Video Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Manufacturer
Chipset Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
Dedicated Memory 128 MB
Total Memory 5.0 GB
Pixel Shader Version
Vertex Shader Version
Hardware T & L Yes
Vendor ID 8086
Device 5916
Plug and Play ID VEN_8086&DEV_5916&SUBSYS_832A103C&REV_02
Driver Version 25.20.100.6373

Attached: 6fffc1a1858f4cd176714cea87ea2487.jpg (235x282, 22K)

So that is reasonably nice excepting it has nothing but the integrated GPU.

Have you thought of picking up some older games?
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 is one of the greatest games ever made and it will play on a potato now.

You could google "best PC games of 1999" "best PC games of 2000" etc up to around 2006 and have fun with the Golden Era of PC Gaming.

I really wanted to play sword art online because im a weeb. it runs wow so ive mostly just been playing that and I might get some emulators

As you've seen you're going to run into some limitations. Your GPU has the power of an 8800GT, which was quite good... in 2007. (That card had some legs so it was reasonably good until around 2011, too.)
So you can play newer low-spec games or older top of the line ones.

200 bucks wont change it?

It doesn't look like you can do much to upgrade that and I'm not familiar enough with gaming laptops to suggest anything used.
If you're in the US you could piece together a reasonable gaming desktop for a little over $200.

>i3-7100U
U means underpowered shit

That would run rings around most Jow Forumsentoomen's shitty Thinkpads.

Ryzen master race

i3-7100u is the same speed as the i5-2520m in the base x220 & t420 tpg loves so much

A lot of Jow Forums is still running T60's and T410's.

>4core @2.4ghz
Not too bad. I've played black flag, watchdogs and gta5 on a dual core around that clockspeed +gt525m.

I think there's riser adapters for your laptops' mini pcie slot to a regular pcie slot for 30 bux in amazon. Throughput will be terrible (just a x1 lane) and you'll lose your internal wifi card. Then pair it with some old housefire card from craigslist.

There's videos in yt talking about this ("connect a gpu to ANY laptop" and the like)

>Video Card Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

You're fucked if you're running that. Either play older games or run everything at the lowest setting possible and hope you still get uppers 30s to lower 40s FPS.

Wintoddlers are the most retarded people I have had the displeasure of encountering on this board.

Intel HD 620 isnt that bad
I have a laptop with Intel HD 4000 and run Dota 2 and

>waaah I have no idea what they're talking about
Go back to ricing your desktop. Children should be seen and not heard.

Yep, you're right. This wintoddler complaining about his toys not running is too advanced for us GNUchads.

See

Stop flirting, winjeet.

See

Try wiping it and trading it for a gaming laptop. That laptop is rather desirable.

Better than what I have lol

what is good about it? like trade it directly for a gaming laptop or include some cash with it? it was a gift so I dont think I woud give it away just wish I could change the graphics card or something

all mobile intels is basically the same cpu

You can't play games on that. That's actually a good thing, you won't become a degenerate.
Try to do something productive instead, like learning another language

This is good advice.

Just start playing Maple Story or some other weeb trash

I downloaded diablo 3

i produce music on it

Fuck off normie nigger

Make, model?

upvoted

Sacrifice your m.2 and use an egpu. Google it.