/pcbg/ - PC Building General

Aiden Ortiz
Aiden Ortiz

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT (499USD) and RX 5700 (379USD) will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019.

Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
State budget & CURRENCY
Post at least some attempt at a parts list
List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
i7 8700 or 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
GTX 1660 - standard
RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
RTX 2060 - standard
RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
RTX 2080 - standard
RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous: jowforums.com/thread/71376530/technology

Attached: 1560200869974.jpg (151 KB, 1000x561)

Other urls found in this thread:

jowforums.com/thread/71376530/technology
newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-2070-rog-strix-rtx2070-8g-gaming/p/N82E16814126270?
youtu.be/U20bWOj0NHs?t=800
newegg.com/noctua-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm-case-fan/p/1YF-000T-000K3?Description=Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 120mm Fan&cm_re=Noctua_NF-P12_redux-1700_PWM_120mm_Fan-_-1YF-000T-000K3-_-Product
techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-6GB-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-56/4034vs3938
wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/
pcpartpicker.com/list/XDLWHh
pcpartpicker.com/list/d4zmbX
pcpartpicker.com/product/Jjhj4D/phanteks-eclipse-p400-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec416ptg_bk
pcpartpicker.com/list/H9fKfH
pcpartpicker.com/list/cVr9V6
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/yWDb7W
gpucheck.com/gpu/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070/amd-ryzen-5-2600x/
jowforums.com/thread/71392593/technology
zdnet.com/article/rambleed-rowhammer-attack-can-now-steal-data-not-just-alter-it/

Justin Young
Justin Young

I wish it was July already, I've been a justwaitfag for years and I'm about done with it

Attached: 1531668336166.png (553 KB, 805x720)

Ryan Myers
Ryan Myers

RTX seper when?

Attached: 1424468231507.jpg (373 KB, 1335x2048)

Brayden Ramirez
Brayden Ramirez

I can't shake the feeling ryzen isn't going to live up to the hype. AMD has fooled me before.

Jose Watson
Jose Watson

Am I good to just buy shit in July then, or are people going to be screaming about how we need to wait till September etc?

I am considering going with a Ryzen 3700X (or whichever the 8 core version is) and an RTX 2070.

Daniel Clark
Daniel Clark

why is 32gb of ram not good?

Andrew Diaz
Andrew Diaz

Mostly dual ranks. Not easy to get good OCs. Maybe higher density chips coming later this year will be better.

Chase Kelly
Chase Kelly

That's what I said. What are you trying to say?

Sometimes.

Yes, you're good to just buy in July after trustworthy independent reviews come.

Eh dual rank doesn't clock as high, but you get better performance per clock.

Camden Torres
Camden Torres

Dude wait. See what Intel responds with.

Caleb Adams
Caleb Adams

Can I buy lower clocked RAM and OC it to the 4000+ MHz that Zen 2 is going to need?

Colton Hughes
Colton Hughes

It's like edging, but with your bank account

Caleb Nguyen
Caleb Nguyen

Sometimes.
Specifically the Thermaltake Core V71

Attached: V71.jpg (38 KB, 640x480)

Kayden Thomas
Kayden Thomas

Eh dual rank doesn't clock as high, but you get better performance per clock.
Haha what? You get lower clocks and almost always looser timings. There's no benefit to capacity unless you use it unlike latency

Kevin Martinez
Kevin Martinez

newegg.com/asus-geforce-rtx-2070-rog-strix-rtx2070-8g-gaming/p/N82E16814126270?

The 5700XT is literally DOA

Michael Gomez
Michael Gomez

When is Jewdvia expected to announce the new "super" cards?

Samuel Anderson
Samuel Anderson

Now this is a good deal.

Oliver Murphy
Oliver Murphy

Vega 56 almost entirely sold out at Newegg. I told you guys the best time to buy a GPU, as always, is during sales to clear inventory for the new upcoming releases.

Intel has no possible response.
Best they can do is add 2 more of their shitty cores to make a 10 core that's still worse than a Zen2 8 core, let alone their 12 or 16 core.

They'd need a new architecture, with non-shitty SMT licensed from IBM or AMD, double the cache, twice as fast context switching, etc. It's going to be YEARS before they have a response to Zen2, and they'll still be behind because Zen4 or Zen5 will be out then.

Is this bait? There is no indication that Zen 2 needs 4000MHz RAM, except for that ban evader's blatant lies that he keeps spreading on Jow Forums.
I can't find the endnotes for the E3 slides, but I'm guessing memory was 3200CL16 for both unlocked Intel and AMD CPUs.

K, you can't read. I won't bother repeating.

That's a nice sale price for a good model of card as far as what you can buy today. Yet, still more expensive for something that's slower.

front 3.5" hdd bay
holy shit 2005 is here again

This year.

Andrew Bell
Andrew Bell

That's a nice sale price for a good model of card as far as what you can buy today. Yet, still more expensive for something that's slower.

$30 off coupon
$30 mail in rebate

It's literally $450. And the custom cards usually push like 5% more performance over reference/FE thanks to better cooling and the Turing boost/turbo.

Oliver Robinson
Oliver Robinson

This year.
fuck i expect to build my pc before September of this year. i'm 100% going to AMD for the CPU, but i still not sure what GPU i'm going to end with. (GTX 2070 - 5700XT are within the budget).

Really hopping they announce something before than then.

Daniel Hill
Daniel Hill

FUUUUUCK i'm now tempted!!!

Brayden Torres
Brayden Torres

best time to buy a GPU
Yeah, sure, buy an old product right before new performance tiers come out. Best time to buy is right at launch. The 5700 is going to have similar price/perf to 300USD V56, while having all the advantages of a new arch and new node

Daniel Gray
Daniel Gray

Yes. $450 for a card that's slower than the $450 5700XT. What wasn't clear? Does being slower not matter when it's Nvidia now, or something?

5700 looks to be around 15% faster than Vega 56 yet costs 26% more. That's worse price:perf.
The $30 of xbox game pass offsets that a bit... but those $300 Vega 56 come with even higher value of resellable games, last I checked.
Best time to buy is right at launch.
Blatant trolling.

Ian Jenkins
Ian Jenkins

believing cherry picked bullshit benchmarks...
Not even a Jewdvia drone, but you have to wait for independent testers to see the actual resuls, plus non reference cards.

Grayson Wright
Grayson Wright

Yes. $450 for a card that's slower than the $450 5700XT. What wasn't clear? Does being slower not matter when it's Nvidia now, or something?

The 5700XT averaged 6% over an unnamed, probably reference, 2070 in their own benchmarks, which they've been caught in the past picking unusual settings specifically to maximize their performance. We need their full slide deck to verify whether we should even trust their systems, drivers, settings, etc. And that's $450 for a blower. This is $450 for a custom cooler 2070 that's going to be a bit faster than reference and probably on par with the 5700XT anyway. And you can have it now if you want, as opposed to a month from now.

Hudson Peterson
Hudson Peterson

I doubt 2070 Super will be worthwhile if the $550 rumor is true. But 2060 Super, if the 8GB rumor is true, would be if it's also still $350.

But the reference 2070 is roughly on par with the best factory OC models. lol. It's A-die, and using a vapor chamber cooler. Like holy shit the delusion.

I agree, but AMD's slides have been conservative the past 2 years and generally the independent tests have shown better results.
They tested many Nvidia favored games in that test, for example.

But yeah if only blowers are avail on launch and sent to benchmarkers, that'll be really frustrating.
Presumably at least the 5700 blower is still going to be more quiet than those shitty milled heatsinks on some 160W cards, at least.

Luis Taylor
Luis Taylor

Does being slower not matter when it's Nvidia now, or something?
Matters when one of the cards is unavailable and unverified. Wow, wait a month for 10% more performance, a $40 value! You must be fucking poor

resellable games
In your dreams, good luck wasting your obviously worthless time finding someone to buy an account with two games tied to it.

That's worse price:perf.
Knowing your track record, your numbers are wrong. But who cares if there's a slight different in price/perf considering perf/watt and absolute performance differences?
b-b-b-b-but the housefire is an inconsequentially better value!!1!
Buying on launch is always the best time to buy

Zachary Peterson
Zachary Peterson

The Navi RX 5700XT (499USD)
Whoops, price is wrong. Should be 449USD

Brandon Baker
Brandon Baker

Hmm, would you risk the house fire for a vega64 blower at this point? The post miners used market heating up.

Christopher Collins
Christopher Collins

intel wont do shit till 11th gen
10th gen won't even have mds fixes
plus they retired their hedt line

Lincoln Gutierrez
Lincoln Gutierrez

AMD shill tries the patented JUST WAIT(tm) on people discussing building PCs right now

You can't make this shit up

Aaron Cruz
Aaron Cruz

It SHOULD be $349

Cameron Rodriguez
Cameron Rodriguez

blower
how good are you at setting up chink watercooling loops?

Christopher Campbell
Christopher Campbell

In your dreams, good luck wasting your obviously worthless time finding someone to buy an account with two games tied to it.
Many anons have done it, as much as this angers you.
Maybe more will do it, to anger you further. You've been livid over people reselling those games to get a good deal for months now.
I think I'll buy another Radeon card myself, just so I have more games to sell, to further help drive you toward suicide.

And the 2060 should be $250.

Oliver Davis
Oliver Davis

Is the Alienware AW3418DW a good gayming monitor for a rig with a rtx 2080? I'm still debating what monitor to buy but I don't want to spend more than a thousand dollars and I hear 4k is a meme so I thought this looked pretty good.

Attached: amTeyaNx5yCCEcM9X5N3vT-650-80.jpg (32 KB, 650x385)

Cameron Myers
Cameron Myers

Many anons have done it
No they haven't

You've been livid over people reselling those games
Absolutely not. I've been fucking your shit up when you misrepresent 1) the value of games and 2) the ease (or lack thereof) with which they can be sold,

all for your marketing endeavors.

Nolan Sanders
Nolan Sanders

No, you might cut yourself on all that edge.

You know of /r/SteamGameSwap/ already.
You're lying
Kill yourself

Owen Torres
Owen Torres

Not everyone is a gilded r3ddit member like you

Hunter Gomez
Hunter Gomez

Remember Navi will save u....
youtu.be/U20bWOj0NHs?t=800

Justin Ward
Justin Ward

Does pressure even matter?
I heard static pressure in a case is a huge meme, but why big blades?

Isaiah Wood
Isaiah Wood

Wow you're an awful shill, hoping no one will actually listening to what he says.

The reason he's not interested is because they're making it more like Pascal where it auto-clocks and you can't do the extreme overclocking like he likes to do.
There is no indication of there being a flashable BIOS and BIOS switch, and past tricks to increase the power limit won't work.

Buildzoid does record-attempt overclocking. Navi, like post-Maxwell Nvidia cards, is appearing to be more locked down.
Vega, Polaris, and past GCN, are fun to tweak. It looks like that's going away.

This doesn't mean he's excited about the RTX cards or Super ones either which have the same issues, you stupid manipulative shill. He even says that
If I wanted [the restrictions Navi has] I could just buy Nvidia [but I won't]
He has two 1080Tis but he uses Fiji and Polaris in his usual systems.

Holy fuck you're dumb.

Owen Parker
Owen Parker

i can't sell codes coz rebbit bad
Nice job showing your retardation

Gabriel Collins
Gabriel Collins

Wow you're an awful shill, hoping no one will actually listening to what he says.
post a video of the source
people are free to watch it
WOW WHAT A SHILL YOU ARE TRYING TO LIE HERE?!
are you insane? Get help man.

Daniel Russell
Daniel Russell

why are amd shills so aggressive, is it because navi is a flop and the stock prices of AMD are falling, so they feel the need to "get to work" so to speak?

Zachary Ortiz
Zachary Ortiz

intelkikeshill cry some more.

Justin Hernandez
Justin Hernandez

Because you said something completely contrary to what he said, you retard. Hoping people don't actually watch it and call you out on it and that they'll just take your sentiment that
"Navi won't save u"

If Navi is such a flop, why do you have to misrepresent it?
What's your alternative? Since as Buildzoid says in the video: Nvidia is worse.
Shit's off topic.
42 replies
18 posters

Ayden Gomez
Ayden Gomez

I have an i5-4690k that I overclocked to 4.3ghz. my local microcenter is selling r5-1600s for $80 with $30 off when combined with any Mobo. Should I get it with an b350 mother board for $130 and buy 2x 8GB ram for another $70 and wait for Ryzen 3600?

Leo Lewis
Leo Lewis

Any catch to this noctua fan?

I want to know if it's too cheap to be true.

newegg.com/noctua-nf-p12-redux-1700-pwm-case-fan/p/1YF-000T-000K3?Description=Noctua NF-P12 redux-1700 PWM 120mm Fan&cm_re=Noctua_NF-P12_redux-1700_PWM_120mm_Fan-_-1YF-000T-000K3-_-Product

Jose Mitchell
Jose Mitchell

Do you want cheaper CPU or do you want faster and more expensive CPU?
Pretty simple.

Jonathan Walker
Jonathan Walker

Are there any new high end Nvidia or AMD cards coming out by April 2020? I want to upgrade for CP2077, wondering if I should look for deals over the summer on a 2080ti or wait if AMD is going to release something new

Oliver Thomas
Oliver Thomas

True-Navi could be on it's way, maybe

Andrew Jackson
Andrew Jackson

I'd imagine that high-end Navi and 7nm RTX 3000 cards should both be out by then or shortly after.

It would be strange for AMD to not release a RX 5800, and to leave *70 as the highest of a generation. It would also be strange for them to go more than a year without completing a generation's product stack. I'm expecting the RX 5600 later this year, and RX 5800 in H1 of next year.

Alexander Russell
Alexander Russell

If your new pc's do not need optical drives
how do you go about cd's?

Isaac Phillips
Isaac Phillips

I'm hoping you can make your neurons fire enough to answer that question yourself.

Jonathan Kelly
Jonathan Kelly

So boys what do you think? Ryzen 7 or 9?

Ryzen 7 is gonna outlast and outperform Ryzen 5 so it seems like a no brainer if you have the cash. Ryzen 9 seems more speculative because the cores are only useful in a few applications now but the pricing is fair and you get a shitton of cache.

I'm pretty undecided.

David Bailey
David Bailey

hey ass wipe, no shit you could use external optical drives
but is that your solution then?

Ayden Martinez
Ayden Martinez

Idk what you mean wouldn't the 1600 be a step above my [email protected] ghz?

Grayson Cox
Grayson Cox

Trident Z 8GB X 2, 3200Mhz or Dominator 8GB X 2, 3000Mhz?

Carson Parker
Carson Parker

Wait for Navi 2.0

Jack Martinez
Jack Martinez

Ryzen 3900X is a pretty good deal if you like to do heavy multitasking, the 3950x isn't really worth it though IMO, $250 for only 4 more cores, 12 is more than enough for most high end applications. But it's only $100 more than the 7. Basically if you can afford the 9 you might as well go for it

Zachary Adams
Zachary Adams

For what?

Brayden Martin
Brayden Martin

That's a standard price for a redux model. It's a no frills package without the anti vibration mounts and various splitters and extension cables that come with the premium models. Exact same fan.

Jacob Rogers
Jacob Rogers

my gtx 1060 shat itself

do i get rx 590, vega 56 or wait for 5700 ?

Camden Peterson
Camden Peterson

ATTENTION: The Navi RX 5700XT (499USD) and RX 5700 (379USD) will launch alongside Ryzen 3000 series CPUs with PCIe 4.0 on 7/7/2019.
is /pcbg/ unironically trying to shill those DoA cards?

Ryan Morris
Ryan Morris

Gaming

Dylan Long
Dylan Long

my gtx 1060 shat itself
How did it shit itself?
please provide model.
Also why are you getting amd when you can get far superior cards for cheaper secondhand. All the new shit is overpriced.

Parker Clark
Parker Clark

On top of these cards being noisy power suckers with shit price/perf they don't have HDMI 2.1 even though TVs with them are already out. If you're gonna connect a GPU to a TV AMD has an appeal in their strong 4k performance. Yet no HDMI 2.1 means you can't say connect this to one of those new LG TVs and get 120hz.

Joshua Thompson
Joshua Thompson

I have GTX 770 2gig. Recently bought a BenQ 3440*1440, what's gpu should i get

Jason Jenkins
Jason Jenkins

faster than the 2070
cheaper than the 2070
DOA
lol

Attached: 1492573533249.jpg (159 KB, 796x805)

Jayden Sullivan
Jayden Sullivan

Should I get
Sapphire vega 56 pulse for 295euros
or
Sapphire vega 64 nitro+ for 426euros
I do value quiet setups and the cooling system on nitro+ is much better, do I spend the extra for a quieter build?

Justin Thompson
Justin Thompson

cheaper than a horribily overpriced card that everybody said is overpriced
faster than said card in AMD tested presentation and not from 3rd party reviews
blower vs good quiet coolers
uh?

Luis Young
Luis Young

is it because navi is a flop and the stock prices of AMD are falling
?????????????????????????????????

Attached: chrome-MD7XZeuLSF.png (53 KB, 770x643)

Noah Jackson
Noah Jackson

Dominator RGB for maximum FPS boost and precise aim.

Jason Carter
Jason Carter

You have 2 choices 2070 or 5700xt, i don't care about what ifs that's your choices for the midrange in 2019. Blowers are irrelevant since it will have aib support 2-4 weeks after launch just like nvidia

Leo Brown
Leo Brown

and this is with fucking ryzen cpus doing their best to mitigate the damage

Attached: blind.png (74 KB, 770x643)

Jaxson Johnson
Jaxson Johnson

3950x is very obviously compelling for certain use cases like the very popular one of working with 4k HEVC.

The thing about the 8>12 core upgrade is that it's the cheapest PER-CORE and comes with a shitton of cache. So that is a bit compelling.

Biggest drawback seems to be the TDP. Chips running hotter creates a ton of costs that aren't obvious at first glance

Ayden Brooks
Ayden Brooks

You have 2 choices 2070 or 5700xt,
I dont really want to support Nvidias stupid prices or Amd stupid prices though. So both cards are kind of a pass.
Blowers are irrelevant since it will have aib support 2-4 weeks after launch just like nvidia
Actually it takes 1-3months for AIB cards, and thats from their own words.

William Reed
William Reed

HOLLY DOG IT DROBED 2% IGNORE THE 1500% GAIN OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS
also fun fact nvidias pre market is worse than AMDs today

Attached: chrome-5glYrmhto8.png (9 KB, 329x90)

Wyatt Gutierrez
Wyatt Gutierrez

So both cards are kind of a pass.
good they arent made for autistic speds that think we are ever going to see a 250$ flagship ever again

Hunter Young
Hunter Young

Ryzen cpus build some good PR for the company
GARBAGE GPUS come out and stock drops, but ignore it, pay attention to what happened before we announced DOA GPUS

Luke Mitchell
Luke Mitchell

being on the side of the corporations
you got stocks in them or something?
Why are you so angry at the idea of consumers having good and fair prices on their GPUS again?

Jaxon Cooper
Jaxon Cooper

AMDs money comes from high margin cpus, not shoestring margin gpus retard, stay poor and stay clueless on investment

Jace Parker
Jace Parker

Should I build a flashy RGB case to increase resale value? Does it do that?
I would turn them off for actual use obviously.

Michael Gonzalez
Michael Gonzalez

Why is AMD pozzed when it comes to emulation? Ryzen's preformance is awful on cemu.

Nathaniel Peterson
Nathaniel Peterson

disable 1/2 (half) your cores and try again

Levi Powell
Levi Powell

If you're stockbrokers looking to banter go to //boards.4channel.org/biz/ or talk to Jessica in the coffee room.
This is Jow Forums - consumerism. We don't care about the future or the past here only immediate gratification and how pretty the lights can be.

Nathaniel Anderson
Nathaniel Anderson

i'll get a 5700xt "mommy su" anniversary edition just because

Logan Richardson
Logan Richardson

you got stocks in them or something?
I put my money in anything that will make me rich, and amd has done really well for me so far because they focus on turning a profit rather than running as a charity. That profit goes back into the company in the form of hiring more talent and more R&D to give us better zen/rdna chips then we would get if AMD just spent all their margins making everything cheap as fuck while getting no money to fund future R&D and expansion.

Why are you so angry at the idea of consumers having good and fair prices on their GPUS again?
because i remember people buying the GTX 280 over HD 4870, GTX 480 over the HD 5870 GTX 780 over R9 290, GTX 1050 ti over RX 570. Your idea of AMD not giving a shit about profit would in the end bankrupt AMD and leave us in a even worse position where nvidia could just charge $2000 for a RTX 2060 and give us 2% increases each year. Just count on nvidia to price drop the 2070 and AMD to respond in kind so we can get a reasonable midrange this generation.

Ayden James
Ayden James

AMD sucks when it comes to emulation. Who knows, maybe zen2 chips will change that.

Sebastian Long
Sebastian Long

I put my money in anything that will make me rich, and amd has done really well for me so far because they focus on turning a profit rather than running as a charity.
AND THERE WE HAVE IT!
THE NAVI DEFENDER ADMITS TO HAVING AMD STOCK and the whole reason why he fucking defends it so hard

Cooper Bailey
Cooper Bailey

Just ignore that part where AMD operating as a charity and going bankrupt as a result is bad for everyone, that is defiantly not important.

Jordan Lopez
Jordan Lopez

never happened.

Gabriel Campbell
Gabriel Campbell

your whole argument is that amd is shit because they arent a ngo, you have a retarded and autistic idea of where money to run a company comes from

Daniel Flores
Daniel Flores

Yes AMD never went bankrupt because they got competent leadership that cares more that AMDs bills can be paid rather than making a autistic neckbeard on a mongolian basket weaving forum happy, so yes you are right it never happened

Kevin Hill
Kevin Hill

thinking 10 tb's is enough
see shit like r6, gta, and doom at 50 gigs minimum
how much storage is enough? holy shit

Attached: 1553740716115.gif (222 KB, 250x250)

Carson Bennett
Carson Bennett

Why would you need all those meme games installed at once?

Asher Richardson
Asher Richardson

there are photos, videos (that could include movies), and content creator files like .sai paint and adobe shop stuff
there're a ton of ways to fill up your hard drive

Hunter Martinez
Hunter Martinez

Sure if you hoard useless shit you're never going to look at or play again "just in case".

Mason Bell
Mason Bell

Buildzoid's opinion is predicated entirely on overclocking potential. He himself admits performance and cost means nothing to him, only customizable bios. No offense to the man but he's not particularly useful if you're trying to build a PC for anything else than overclocking for benchmarks scores.
Navi 1st gen might surprise people if the independent benchmarks pull a miracle, yet the specs they show, the stats for games they have shown, and the lack of OC features make for a really lackluster GPU launch.

Zachary Diaz
Zachary Diaz

names a bunch of other things you can't "play"
still stuck of vidya

Attached: 1550448054823.gif (984 KB, 300x300)

Gavin Foster
Gavin Foster

He's useful if one derives part of their purchase's enjoyment from tinkering around and getting intimate with your unique silicon with varying results. That's quite Jow Forums to me.

Jose Gonzalez
Jose Gonzalez

Pulse is perfectly cool and quiet too the heatsink is huge and the nano pcb helps with cooling. I'd get the 56 since it can pretty much match the stock 64 once you undervolt it. Not really worth spending an extra $130 for like 5% performance gain.

Chase Green
Chase Green

I haven't updated my asrock mobo for my ryzen 1600 ever since I bought it 2 years ago (I think), do you guys update the BIOS, I haven't run into any issues so far so I was just wondering.

Ryder Hernandez
Ryder Hernandez

look at or

Jacob Edwards
Jacob Edwards

No reason to mess with BIOS if everything is working fine.

Elijah Edwards
Elijah Edwards

Used Vega56 or wait(tm) for RX 5700

Attached: 1503493769727.jpg (148 KB, 953x953)

Austin Barnes
Austin Barnes

And here I thought I was retarded for hoarding 2TB+ of anime

Michael Allen
Michael Allen

Wait for Navi and then keep waiting.

Attached: 1498915871196.jpg (156 KB, 901x933)

Connor Howard
Connor Howard

To give you an idea just how cool and quiet the 56 Pulse is here's mine running Witcher 3

These fucking things are amazing once you undervolt them.

Attached: q36oAIt.png (17 KB, 523x355)

Samuel Wright
Samuel Wright

PCIe 4 for grafics cards
What for

Leo Fisher
Leo Fisher

Will the Asus ROG Strix X470 -F Gaming motherboard be good for the new Ryzen 3000 series?

Joshua Ross
Joshua Ross

Get your hbm clocked up m8

Luke Nelson
Luke Nelson

This might a a weird issue I have. I use an older PC as sort of a repeater, as a temporary solution. So, I share the Wifi trough ethernet. Ever since I hooked the ethernet cable up, I've been having weird a weird shuttering problem. It happens very rarely maybe three times a day at most. The entire system gets really laggy and the audio distorts a lot. This lasts for about 30 seconds, sometimes more. It's unlikely an issue with my OC since it worked stable for months. It's also unlikely to be related to my ethernet situation, but that was the only thing I changed. Could that really be the cause? Makes no sense to me, I don't know what to do.

Thomas James
Thomas James

I think the 56 is better than the 1660 for 1080p, especially if you can get it only for 30-40 bucks more

Samuel Green
Samuel Green

Yes, it's one of the higher end X470s, will even handle a 16 core no problem.

Isaac Davis
Isaac Davis

Delete that garbage software and use HWInfo. It gives much more detail and actually accurate readings.

Xavier Miller
Xavier Miller

In terms of performance in modern games, which is better, an OC RX 590 or a stock Vega56?

Attached: 1391568323244.jpg (228 KB, 850x927)

Brandon Richardson
Brandon Richardson

V56 is way, way ahead of the 590. Totally different league.

Dylan Reyes
Dylan Reyes

Price to performance by what metric. If that's 115fps Vs 100fps but your metric for upgrading is when FPS hits 90 then the 5700 has more than double the room.
Define your fucking terms

Zachary Price
Zachary Price

good deal here fellow bongloids

Attached: Screenshot-20190612-122025-Samsung-Internet.jpg (985 KB, 1440x2960)

Alexander Flores
Alexander Flores

Pulse is perfectly cool and quiet too the heatsink is huge and the nano pcb helps with cooling.
I saw it's okay. But nitro+ is a lot better with headroom for overclocking.
nano pcb helps with cooling
Just the opposite actually, smaller VRM layout, means more focused heat

I'd get the 56 since it can pretty much match the stock 64 once you undervolt it. Not really worth spending an extra $130 for like 5% performance gain.
It's actually 10% gain.
Realistically the dfifference is about 80-100 euros for extra cooling and quiet operation, I kinda feel it's worth for me, but at the same time I dont want ot over spend.
I have 2 completely conflicting ideas on this.

Christian Lopez
Christian Lopez

If you're gonna spend that much you might as well get a 2070 at that point

Juan Brooks
Juan Brooks

That's their standard price since like November. It regularly drops to £258 for a day, sometimes even £248.

Jordan Clark
Jordan Clark

Just the opposite actually, smaller VRM layout, means more focused heat
he probably meant that the third fan isn't obstructed by anything, so it has better airflow

Ryan Fisher
Ryan Fisher

It's a good case, you should get it if you like it.

Carter Myers
Carter Myers

Why would anyone buy a 5700 when you can get a Vega 56, which is only a few % slower, for $100 less?

Isn't price:performance suppose to improve with a new architecture?

Kayden Ward
Kayden Ward

It was obvious that /biz/ niggers shit up the board.
literally ok when amd rips you off

Thomas Lopez
Thomas Lopez

God, imagine being this much of a fucking shill. Intel and AMD both are out to jew you and leech maximum amounts of shekels out of your pockets, so stop fanboying this hard for either one of them.

Parker Brown
Parker Brown

the 2070 costs 79euros more than the vega 64 nitro+
ah well yeah its better for cooling the finstack, but the smaller PCB means the less VRM components that are more tightly together get more hot.
its a trade off really.

AHHHHHHHH HELP ME LADS I CAN'T DECIDE
The sensible 295 pulse
or the I like quiet and don't want to get a new gpu for another 3-5 years nitro 64+

Samuel Long
Samuel Long

Again. Are we basically years away from a good 4K card?
Do u buy:
Radeon VII
Radeon Navi
Radeon Navi poorfag edition
Radeon Vega 64
Radeon Vega 56

Or wait for next year?

Currently get 60 FPS 4K ultra on Dota but I have to run ASsetto Corsa comp in 1440 with meh frames and that’s why I’m hoping to get a nice long term 4K card.

I don’t really game with the usual high graphics single player games like Doom or ACC or whatever so the ‘e-sports’ level and racers are about the extent of what I need.

Ideally this card will be king for 5 years like how Fury X has managed to be competitive.

Currently I have a 480. Before that I had a 460 and before that an R7 250. I’ve spent about $350 in 5 years or $60 a year. I could have just bought a fury back then and I’d be able to keep using it since most of this new cards seem to be good enough to push the 144 même but not anywhere close to 4K ready.

Also, I am retard when it comes to this. My monitor doesn’t have Gsync so I’m not looking at Nvidia.

Carter Foster
Carter Foster

Vega 64 is not really worth it imo. I'd get a V56.
In fact I'm planning to get one soon after I switch to zen 2.

Juan Walker
Juan Walker

what if you consider that my current GPU already gives me a certain level of performance.
And that a vega 56 is a smaller upgrade than the 64 is?
As certain amount of money goes to waste to get the same level of performance as my current GPU and then on top of that is the new gain of performance and thats lower on the 56 for me than 64

Charles Wood
Charles Wood

see I'm running an RX480 at 1440p/144hz which is lol. Freesync can still make sub-60fps work.
Or buy a Vega 56 if you can't take it anymore.

Cooper Jones
Cooper Jones

Actually the smart people bought a 1080ti two years ago (that's 24 months) and have had a great 4k card ever since.
If you now want a good 4k card you have the 2080ti which is even faster but comes at a premium.

Daniel Reyes
Daniel Reyes

You’re a moron if you think anyone is worried about a down tick with a graph like that

Liam Harris
Liam Harris

So, my fps is capped at 90fps
What's going on?
My windows version is still currently free
Am I supposed to unlock the other cores and overclock?

Attached: 1533425177584.png (18 KB, 519x373)

Grayson Howard
Grayson Howard

the thing about GCN is that it doesn't scale for shit after a certain amount of ROPs/shaders. Vega 56 with a 64 bios flashed on it is basically within a margin of error of an actual 64.
You seem to be set on buying a 64, but as I posted, 56 seems more sensible.

Lincoln Miller
Lincoln Miller

Turn freesync on.

Nathaniel Peterson
Nathaniel Peterson

how hard is it to bios flash the vega 56 pulse?
and again main reason is higher clocks at lower heat and noise, is why I am considering 64

Isaiah Mitchell
Isaiah Mitchell

Easy if you're willing to take the risk and use the correct file (XFX dual 64 is the only one that works). All you get for the trouble is another 100-150MHz on the HBM over the 950 you can get with stock bios.

Aiden Lee
Aiden Lee

At this point I'd just buy a reference/air boost card and put a Raijintek Morpheus on it for unbeatable cooling performance. That'd be cheaper and you get an excellent PCB.

Logan Hall
Logan Hall

I got a second hand RTX 2080 Ti for 800€. It even has the OC friendly 300A chip and the good Samsung memory. Don't regret it one bit.

James Perez
James Perez

Decent choice IF you can get a reference card for under 240 and have room for a 4 slot cooler.

Hudson Gomez
Hudson Gomez

techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/
literally click on things
Vega cards have dual bios switch so even if you fuck things up you can switch to the 2nd bios to recover
higher clocks
you'll get that if you flash v64 bios
lower heat and noise
the best option for that is an undervolted vega 56

Josiah Thomas
Josiah Thomas

Got into the UEFI and check your OC settings, that can't be right

Ethan Robinson
Ethan Robinson

Unrelated, but what is this bios flashing stuff? I was under the impression that only the rx590, 580 had customizable bios switches.

Eli Thomas
Eli Thomas

literally click on things
You actually have to force flash with the command line tool since they're mismatched models, still simple enough though.

Aaron Watson
Aaron Watson

Radeon VII
Radeon Navi
Radeon Navi poorfag edition
Radeon Vega 64
Radeon Vega 56
Literally all of these are shit, why are you even entertaining this thought? If you want to play gaymes at 4k the VII is the only one out of that list you should get but why bother with an overall subpar product? 2080 ti or bust.

Charles Adams
Charles Adams

what is this bios flashing stuff
what do you mean?
rx590, 580 had customizable bios switches
most flagship AMD cards come with a bios switch
also you can flash bioses to any cards, bios switches make it less painful to recover if something goes wrong

Attached: index.php.png (179 KB, 800x383)

Michael Powell
Michael Powell

Do you? I flashed a 580 bios to my 480 with atiflashtool. I think the CLI atiflash didn't even support polaris.
Could be wrong though.

Tyler Campbell
Tyler Campbell

Yeah at least with vega cards it's required. The latest versions support all current models.

Jace Carter
Jace Carter

1080ti of ebay cause fuck paying for a new 2080

Jaxon Evans
Jaxon Evans

How much will a midrange Ryzen 3 + Navi GPU cost?

I have around 600€ to blow on a cpu+gpu combo but idk if its worth the wait

Charles Jackson
Charles Jackson

449*

Julian Jones
Julian Jones

New X570 Asus boards cost up to 770$ for the flagship formula
Jesus Christ, wtf?

Christopher Sanchez
Christopher Sanchez

I need a steam library ssd drive
how much is performance difference between samsung qvo 1tb and 2tb?

Attached: 1.jpg (35 KB, 441x462)

Tyler Sanders
Tyler Sanders

steam library
for game loading times? none

Hunter Wood
Hunter Wood

I've still got a 2500K, how much of a performance bump would I see from an upgrade to a 3600X? In terms of IPC benchmarks they look like they're about the same (I'm running the 2500K at 4ghz).

I'm guessing the upgrade from slow-ass DDR3 to some good DDR4 would be more significant than the CPU, right?

Connor Parker
Connor Parker

Radeon is like half the price for the same thing

Hunter Gutierrez
Hunter Gutierrez

hey there guys

im looking for a massive pc case, to fit 4 480mm radiators or maybe even 4 560mm radiators.

where do i get a case like that?

Alexander Robinson
Alexander Robinson

3600X has far more threads, it's going to fuck 2500K sideways regardless of IPC

Caleb Wood
Caleb Wood

Hello /pcbg/. Before I bother compiling a parts list, quick question. Is the Ryzen 1st Gen (14nm stuff) competitive enough in 1080p gaming? I recently bought a Dell 1080p 75HZ freesync monitor and was wondering if the R5-1600 can actually maintain 75fps. The video card being up to snuff of course. Should I be looking at the i5-9400f instead?

Jaxson Roberts
Jaxson Roberts

get an ADATA SU800 or Crucial MX500 instead

John Nelson
John Nelson

My Ryzen 3 has yet to struggle with anything and I run 4K and stream music video. I don’t quite get what all these GAYmers need 16 core thread rippers for? It was $100 and is a apparently a god chip.

Brody Rivera
Brody Rivera

Except it's slower, doesn't into ray tracing, is way louder and hotter. AMD has no competition for the 2080ti, their top dog has fallen behind the normal 2080 even.

Weird comparison really. Can you not get a modern Ryzen? A 1600 should be plenty of powerful enough for 75 fps, that's almost console territory these days. What's your GPU?

Dominic Walker
Dominic Walker

why SHOULDN'T I get a V64? I'm aware you can flash the 64 bios on V56 but that's only if you win the samsung/hynix lottery

Christopher Cook
Christopher Cook

In terms of IPC benchmarks they look like they're about the same
Holy shit what kind of mental gymnastics are you performing to see something like that?

Gavin Ward
Gavin Ward

literally nowhere since caselabs has gone under

Bentley White
Bentley White

wait for a fucking 5990XTX, or a RTX 3080Ti

Bentley Clark
Bentley Clark

Where did you read that?

Liam Long
Liam Long

are you trying to cool a nuclear reactor?

Josiah Thomas
Josiah Thomas

by ryzen 3 i ment the 3000 series

Michael Torres
Michael Torres

It would be with a Sapphire Pulse RX590 8GB. I only mention the 1600 because my local Microcenter has it brand new for $80 and additional $30 off any compatible motherboard. I can get the R5-1600 and ASrock B450 Pro4 for $120 total.

I5-9400f is $140 alone and the R5-2600 is $160.

Jack Butler
Jack Butler

30% more expensive for at most 10% more performance. Nearer 5% if you get Samsung HBM and clock to 950+.

Bentley White
Bentley White

Wtf is ray tracing? And Is $600 worth lowering cost?

Alexander Butler
Alexander Butler

just buy one if you want it retard

Justin Lee
Justin Lee

yeah, but what's the alternative? a fucking 2070?

Carter Davis
Carter Davis

what's the alternative?
To what? Weren't you just deciding between 56 and 64?

Easton Watson
Easton Watson

wait I was wrong, Thermaltake still makes the absolute units WP100 and WP200. Multi champer design with a seperate radiator area. That's your only chance I think.
What are you even trying to cool? A protein folding rig with 6 quadros and that intel oc xeon?

Evan Moore
Evan Moore

Is this cooling method fine for large ITX case (nzxt manta)? Don't want a rear fan for aesthetic reasons. GPU is sapphire v56 pulse and front rad is EK predator 240.

Attached: coolingtest.jpg (20 KB, 268x363)

Eli Bennett
Eli Bennett

The Radeon RXVega56 is the weakest member of AMD's Vega GPU family. The Vega architecture is built on 14 nm silicon and contains next-generation compute units (nCUs). Each NCU houses 64 steam processors, of which the Vega 56 has 3584 vs. 4096 in the Vega 64. The new architecture employs 8GB of second generation high-bandwidth memory (HBM2) which is able cope with more data, more quickly than previously. Although the Vega 56 has 12.5% less processing units, users have found that by flashing an RX 64 Bios into an RX 56 card allows a 10% increase in OC headroom which effectively brings a BIOS flashed RX 56 onto par with a stock RX 64 and just 12.5% slower than a fully overclocked RX 64. This would be great news if the RX 56 were available at its MSRP of $399 as it would then be bothcheaper and faster than a GTX 1070, but current market prices for the RX Vega 56 are closer to $550. The GPU market is still unbalanced (AMD GPUs in particular) as a result of the ongoing Ethereum mining frenzy which has depleted global GPU inventory to the lowest levels in recent memory.[Oct '17GPUPro

Just send it back if you don't get samsung memory lel

Jayden Ortiz
Jayden Ortiz

TechpowerUP

Adrian Cooper
Adrian Cooper

whats special about these boards?

Alexander James
Alexander James

I want a cheap as fuck GPU for 1080p minimal 60 fps gaming- that's why I am thinking about RX 570, however is it even worth to pay extra for 8GB VRAM variant? Can this card even use the potential of that much memory? Or should I just stick with 4 GB VRAM?

Attached: 812199-787053-800.jpg (91 KB, 800x800)

Liam Perry
Liam Perry

Extreme overclocking and you get every feature that exists. It's for either the splurging bourgeoisie or competitve overclockers.

Parker Hughes
Parker Hughes

Lol get a R7 bro

Julian Smith
Julian Smith

kek in what world do the bourgeoise give a shit about computers, don't use words you don't understand

Daniel Cooper
Daniel Cooper

Buy used? Risky, cheaper, but you can stick it to 'em.

Joseph Sullivan
Joseph Sullivan

You're the one who's wrong here. Praise kek amirite?

Angel Jackson
Angel Jackson

My justification for not getting a 1080 initially was I couldn't find a good 4k monitor at $200 or less. Is that still true? I see a lot of interesting used deals on Ebay but cant justify it with the dumb 1080p Acer dual screen setup I have.

Matthew Roberts
Matthew Roberts

Lol 225watts a oc uv 2080 uses less power and is faster what the fuck is rdna doing

Hunter Stewart
Hunter Stewart

R6 is terribly optimized, the game has gotten exponentially larger with each season. Ubi too lazy to optimize their storage.

Nathan Butler
Nathan Butler

32 inches too much for 1440p?

Dominic Rogers
Dominic Rogers

No do not update the bios. I have an ASRock plus ryzen 1700. I updated the bios regularly since they were adding new ram support (yeah thanks for not doing that at launch you dumb fuckers). Once the 2000 line of ryzen chips released, ASRock dumped a new bios to support it, I installed it and nearly bricked the board (the bios was either old for ryzen 1000 or new for ryzen 2000). So, don't update the bios until you update the processor. Then you have to update both at once. Now that's what I call great forward compatibility on the am4 cpu slot!

Jackson Howard
Jackson Howard

bourgeois doesn't mean someone with more money than sense, it's a word used to describe people of a milieu that is somewhat refined and cultured but also snobby and to some, borderline pseudo intellectual

There's a reason why gommunists hate the rich AND the bourgeoisie despite both terms generally being conflated. Stop taking all nuance out of words because you want to sound more intelligent on a macedonian frog harvesting forum

Jacob Phillips
Jacob Phillips

Vega 64 or 2060?

Blake Collins
Blake Collins

I don't know what is up with you but you don't have to win every single argument on the internet. Give it up.

Logan Rivera
Logan Rivera

2060 new is cheaper here so id go with that unless v64 is cheap af and u love ayymd

Joseph Hall
Joseph Hall

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-RTX-2060-6GB-vs-AMD-RX-Vega-56/4034vs3938
I don't know what's wrong with you but don't use words incorrectly then get annoyed when someone calls you out on it

Andrew Hill
Andrew Hill

Extreme overlockers
Not true, you would need 2 slot DIMMs and special overvoltage protection like on the Apex from Asus. Those board are high end but expensive af

Logan Jones
Logan Jones

Wait for Super 2060 on 21th this month

Justin Smith
Justin Smith

I'm not annoyed when he's not up against me but his own straw man.

Cooper Harris
Cooper Harris

i'm the guy who corrected you, you inbred
explain to me why you think you used the word bourgeois correctly

Asher Gutierrez
Asher Gutierrez

arguing on a mongolian basket knitting board in the year of our lord 2019

Attached: 1560209979558.gif (1.94 MB, 159x146)

Wyatt Price
Wyatt Price

Getting the cooler would cost me around 100euros anyway.
New vega 56 with blower cost 270-280euros.
Used they cost 190euros(used in mining)
Anyway I did it lads, god help me I did it, I ordered it, vega 64 nitro+
Lets hope I don't immesnely regred this decision, I have enough reasons for wanting to commit soduku.

I would it fit wasn't minners, miners are faggots who blew up GPU prices in the first place, so buying anything off them is worse than supporting nvidia and amds overpriced gpus.

There just really isn't any good choice.

David Hughes
David Hughes

Do I have to care? You're user.
What I said: some bourgeois would buy this
What you read: bourgeois have to splurge!!!
Makes perfect sense. Give it up.

Henry Garcia
Henry Garcia

midrange Ryzen 3
200 bux for 6 core + 450 mobo (570 is stupid overprice with no real benefit for gaming)

Navi GPU
370-450
but Im not sure its worth over Nv cards, lets wait custom designs and independent tests

Cooper Foster
Cooper Foster

buy a used 580 8gb

Lucas Hernandez
Lucas Hernandez

Is DDR4-3733, CL17 good?

James Hall
James Hall

some upper class, cultured, member of a borderline neu-aristocracy that unofficially rules over the proletariat via the threat of economic genocide would give a shit about computer motherboards
yeah makes perfect sense
also you literally said "splurging bourgeoise" kek

Elijah Cruz
Elijah Cruz

You're conflating two definitions on purpose? And literally reading my post in one way instead of another on purpose?

Jaxon Parker
Jaxon Parker

Nah, I have 480 4gb plugged into my 1080p TV and I've only found one or two poorly optimized games that Max the vram.

Lucas Morris
Lucas Morris

I got a 4K monitor for $250 on Black Friday. They dip down during sales

Owen Fisher
Owen Fisher

For most use cases the best memory speed to minimise latency is 3733MHz RAM which is the highest speed that Zen 2 maintains 1:1 parity between the IF and the RAM. Faster may not be better especially if you are a gaymer.

Joshua Barnes
Joshua Barnes

Bourgeois means city dweller literally.
Marx used the term to describe capitalists and people who made money off of others.
Goebbels used it basically to mean dumb normies in his diary.

Marx i suppose is the reason this guy leftard thinks it means wealthy but that’s pretty dumb even from a Marxist view

John White
John White

Don't listen to this chink. Send a message - buy used AMD cards.

Isaac Howard
Isaac Howard

Huh, where's that date coming from? Did I miss something.

Robert Gonzalez
Robert Gonzalez

What did he mean by this?

David Collins
David Collins

Mediocre. Low latency 3200 would be better.

Cameron Garcia
Cameron Garcia

wccftech.com/exclusive-nvidias-super-gpus-unleashing-monsters/

Ayden Wilson
Ayden Wilson

Literally refers to the wealthier materialistic social group today because that's how it evolved. You're being petty.

James Miller
James Miller

Go for Vega56 pulse, bought one for 220€ and not looking back.

Attached: 7bc4ecd165a730efb6d75ec3e623d95053f6f112.gif (767 KB, 622x593)

Jonathan Green
Jonathan Green

It's for Ryzen 3000 and I also would rather use 3600 CL15

Chase Lewis
Chase Lewis

Go for Vega56 pulse, bought one for 220€ and not looking back.
thats actually a good deal, too bad such good deals are not available for the rest of us.

Andrew Barnes
Andrew Barnes

Do you actually want to do this? I'll argue until this thread 404s because you are blatantly using that word incorrectly and despite me telling you three times why you're using it wrong you're still trying to defend yourself
So if you want me to repeat myself for 300 posts i'll do it

Explain to me what the term bourgeois means and why in this context it can be used appropriately to describe someone who would buy an x570 board
The fucking retard I'm arguing with thinks if means middle class wealthy person who spends for the sake of it which is the most shallow and incorrect interpretation of the word one could possibly come up with outside of saying it means EVIL CAPITALIST PIG which ironically, would be more on the money than what he actually said and it's pissing me off

The term bourgeoise evokes a sense of shallow pseudo aristocracy (read: upper middle class wankery) because people who have inherited wealth through generations of capitalism and capitalist power dynamics are the ones who, shockingly, can afford to become cultured but like any poorfag art nerd will tell you is that they lack the soul to actually resonate with the "culture" and "art" they (used to) consume due to their shallow and parasitic nature (which is nonsense but pertinent)

What this dumb cunt of an ape meant to say is that the type of person to buy one would be an extreme enthusiast or a member of the middle class noveau rich i.e someone who works in portland in marketing who decides to get one because "eh i'm building a pc and don't know why I need it but I can afford it so i'll get it", not a BOURGEOIS person who spends their money on wine and decorating their mansion

Fucking brainlet faggot, read a fucking book

Brody Jackson
Brody Jackson

How come? What is the cheapest you could get one for?

Benjamin Nelson
Benjamin Nelson

*Literally* it means city dweller
Miriam Webster:
History of Bourgeois
Bourgeois is often mistakenly used to refer to people of considerable wealth or status, possibly because the French pronunciation causes us to associate it with opulence, yet the word is of decidedly middle-class origins (and meaning). It first appeared as a noun signifying “an inhabitant of a town” in the 1564 work A Discourse Wrytten by M. Theodore de Beza

Ian Martin
Ian Martin

absolute cheapest vega 56 pulse I could get for is 295euros.

Dominic Robinson
Dominic Robinson

absolute cheapest vega 56 pulse I could get for is 295euros.
Where do you live?

Daniel Lopez
Daniel Lopez

The same Jow Forumsg that thinks raytracing is a meme because you cant sustain 60fps at 4k? Jow Forums is a bunch of console babies who want a higher end console experience on PC.

John Ramirez
John Ramirez

yeah because anyone in 2019 uses it to mean city dweller, not like the term has evolved due to marx and EVERY OTHER FUCKING PHILOSOPHER, GREAT AUTHOR AND POLITICAL THINKER HAS IMBUED THE TERM WITH AN ACTUAL TANGIBLE DEEPER MEANING YOU FUCKING WANNABE PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL SMOOTH BRAINED CHIMP OF A SPASTIC CUNT

Thomas Collins
Thomas Collins

Good news if that author could stop jerking off. I'm sick of the last few generations providing minimal update performance for more money.

Looking forward to some price competition so I can pick up those non-super parts on sale.

Ayden Kelly
Ayden Kelly

in europe, the poor part of europe, lets leave it at that.
and yes, we get less wages, lot of us are near poverty and yet our prices are consistently higher, how that makes sense I don't know

Asher Flores
Asher Flores

I get that it's dear to you and you want to be right but enough people understand it that way for it to be correct and that's how definitions work. And don't be obnoxious or I'm done giving credit to the possibility of you not being childish here.

Carson Wilson
Carson Wilson

I’ll second It. Hes a reddit-Marxist and of extremely low IQ. Has no clue what Marxism even is outside a few buzzwords he knows to rattle off to cope with his lack of intelligence, wealth, and spiritual life.

Ironically, he is a prime example of the modern petty bourgeoise.

Oliver Green
Oliver Green

Sorry to hear that, a good thing you could do is looking out for prices when they drop and check if people do returns of cards, they usually resell it for less and have same warranty as a regular card.

Jayden Thompson
Jayden Thompson

in swedestan the 56 pulse is 290€

Julian Phillips
Julian Phillips

in swedestan the 56 pulse is 290€
Yeah, 3090kronor. I bought mine as a resell unit or whatever they call it.

Hudson Rogers
Hudson Rogers

my goal is 1080 60fps on modern and upcoming games on ultra
is this too weak? I looked up Xbox One X equivalent specs and it seems more powerful, but that's usually 4k 30fps shit, and people with similar specs barely seem to get a solid 60fps on Witcher 3 ultimate

Attached: om.png (53 KB, 1100x598)

Anthony Turner
Anthony Turner

I'm pretty hyped for it, mainly because they finally got rid of the shitty power limit. Good for people like me with custom loops, especially now with the Zen 2 CPUs

Ayden Jackson
Ayden Jackson

I don't "want" to be right, I AM right and yeah it fucking triggers me when people don't respect and use words correctly because words are sacred and important things. Don't use them to boost your perception of your ego because it leads to a word becoming diluted and losing it's power ESPECIALLY when people have worked hard to imbue a word with a deeper meaning
People like that infuriate me to no end. You'd think 12 years of lurking this shithole would have taught me to just acquiesce to pure stupidity but it's had the opposite effect

Landon Kelly
Landon Kelly

Get a refurbished GTX1080Ti and you're good to go.

Daniel Williams
Daniel Williams

check demo units
see the 56 pulse demo for 242€ right now
najs

Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

You're welcome, hope you have lots of enjoyment and lets hope it has the samsung HBM so you can overclock it good.

Attached: 1547317251801.png (86 KB, 254x255)

Aiden Evans
Aiden Evans

do niggas really use coffee filters to clean a cpu

Caleb Powell
Caleb Powell

I would wait for Zen 2 replace the 2070 with an 2080 since it will get cheaper with the new Super cards

Christopher Fisher
Christopher Fisher

how's this for pure gaming, 1080p 144hz? don't need storage, not overclocking

PCPartPicker Part List: pcpartpicker.com/list/XDLWHh

CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor ($484.99 @ B&H)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI - Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($129.89 @ OutletPC)
Memory: *G.Skill - Sniper X 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($135.98 @ Newegg)
Video Card: *EVGA - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Black Video Card ($479.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($55.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: *EVGA - BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($196.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1558.81

forgot the psu damn

Logan Watson
Logan Watson

What I don’t get is he’s been outnumbered, proven wrong, it’s anonymous and he still raging.

That’s gonna be a #yikes from me dawg. You clearly haven’t read a single philosopher except maybe the ones that post on /r/atheism and /r/latestagecapitalism.

Perhaps it’s time to go back there because clearly your insider insults (please read as cope for being poor and stupid and jealous of others) don’t translate properly outside your bubble zone.

Zachary Jones
Zachary Jones

That's probably what I'll be going for. The PCB is basically the same as reference but smaller, so it should be decent.
Mind posting a screenshot from hwinfo64 sensors window to soothe my autism? I'm curious if it has a VRM temp sensor.

Ryder Lee
Ryder Lee

So no bios lock and no vram lock throughout the SUPER range, if true. Buildzoid is gonna be an nvidia fanboy now.

Nolan Cruz
Nolan Cruz

Why an i9? Get an i3 and a better card for pure Gayman

Ian Martinez
Ian Martinez

Mind posting a screenshot from hwinfo64 sensors window to soothe my autism? I'm curious if it has a VRM temp sensor.
Sure thing!

Attached: hwinfosensors-vega56-pulse.jpg (222 KB, 741x686)

Zachary Howard
Zachary Howard

im just monitoring prices. i need a whole new system and not sure when im gonna upgrade. good price performance ratio though. its getting very tempting with ryzen

Owen Stewart
Owen Stewart

you just (you)'d me twice in one post and agreed with what I said with the first and disagreed with the second despite them being basically the same post and i'm the guy who is bullying you for using the term wrong
these are all me btw

Kayden Rodriguez
Kayden Rodriguez

I went with full ryzen system and I am not looking back. I love it, 1080p with 144hz free sync just works!

Attached: final-pc-build-2019.jpg (168 KB, 640x577)

James Foster
James Foster

it doesnt leave lint residue so you can use it yes or those ear picking things.

Noah Peterson
Noah Peterson

Get a good binned 3600 kit from g.skill and overclock to 3733 with tight as possible timings.

Asher Russell
Asher Russell

There are different contexts in which a non-autistic person can tell a word is used to mean something or something else. Just stop pretending there has to be an opposition between the one that is associated with your personal intellectual pride and a practical one that refers to the richer than most person who wants to belong through consumerism. Okay? Good.

Chase Hughes
Chase Hughes

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO
Motherboard: MSI - Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151
shit cooler and shit mobo for a 9900k
you want a z390 elite for mobo and a d15 or 280mm aio minimum to not get cucked for that

Monitor: Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz
is this decent? no frame skipping what not? else the cheapest decent one i know is the acer XF240H w/ Freesync and working with gsync

Memory: *G.Skill - Sniper X 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
overkill 16 is enough

Power Supply: *EVGA - BQ 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular
shitter

Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case
shitter

Connor Walker
Connor Walker

How do I tighten the timings?

Leo Anderson
Leo Anderson

I’m a second guy who sees one person using the term wrong and one using it correctly but I may have misclicked my (you) to the retard

Landon Garcia
Landon Garcia

yeah this combo seems the most logical in current year before u go full 2080 ti tier

Sebastian Peterson
Sebastian Peterson

I please be gentle. I've been out of the game for a while, but my current Athlon X3 425 and HIS IceQ Radeon 5750 aren't cutting it any more. Goal is to game at 75fps in all major titles in high settings at 1080p.

pcpartpicker.com/list/d4zmbX

Josiah Sullivan
Josiah Sullivan

Why do people want 144 FPS? I thought 60 FPS was the ass cancer meme goal?

Andrew Wood
Andrew Wood

In your bios. Use Ryzen Dram Calculator to get suggested settings.

Isaac Mitchell
Isaac Mitchell

In 2011 sure.
60Hz is literally eye rape now. Total poorfag poverty build shit.

Jordan Jenkins
Jordan Jenkins

How much is the 1070?

On my Vega56 I'm getting 70-75 FPS in Novigrad 1440p everything ultra hairworks off. Not sure about 1080p cause I'm CPU limited at that point (R5 1600 running at 3.9GHZ) ~90FPS.

Christopher Green
Christopher Green

Wouldn't the Mhz suffer from it?

Nathan Gray
Nathan Gray

practical one that refers to the richer than most person who wants to belong through consumerism
but this is just demonstrably
incorrect, late 18th century bourgeois culture and onwards was a product of the cultural attitudes of the wealthy of their time (read: nobility) and they "conformed" not directly via consumerism but moreso via culture, they would spend money not just on clothing et al but also plays, musical performances, travelling, hosting people etc, said things aren't just "conforming via consumerism". Do you think reading a book everyone in the upper echelon is raving about due to the intricacies of its prose and ethos is the same as conforming via consumerism because you had to buy the book? What the fuck is wrong with you? How do you have the audacity to stand by the utter shite you're spouting?

Christopher Allen
Christopher Allen

Once you go 144, there's no going back to the 60 fps eyesore.

Robert Cooper
Robert Cooper

60fps has always been shit

Alexander Williams
Alexander Williams

No. Those kits can go up to and beyond 4000Mhz.
Since 3733 is the perfect frequency for zen2 there will be plenty of room to tighten up timings.

Lincoln Jenkins
Lincoln Jenkins

add a few buckos and get a 144hz for fuck sake
XF240H

Josiah Davis
Josiah Davis

Is it benefical to wait 6 more months for the prices of the 3000 ZEN 2 to come down?

Michael James
Michael James

problem is 144 is not achievable for any sort of reasonable price except for old games

Jeremiah Bailey
Jeremiah Bailey

you will benefit even with fps below

Angel Richardson
Angel Richardson

Good thing we mostly play old or non demanding games now then isn't it.
Even if you want to play new AAA junk for some reason, you can easily set the monitor to whatever frequency you can achieve, or just enable adaptive sync.

Jackson Cooper
Jackson Cooper

You're really being either dense or dishonest.
Explain how using "rich" instead would've conveyed the same meaning. If you don't want to, suggest another word for this that doesn't immediately trigger people because philosophy is too deeply tied to their ego to not overreact at its mention.

Leo Hernandez
Leo Hernandez

No reason to expect any prices drops. Not like Intel have anything to compete with. If you want something cheaper go for first gen stuff they're selling for peanuts now.

Kevin Ross
Kevin Ross

Pls rspnd

Attached: tenor.png (276 KB, 540x304)

Angel Rogers
Angel Rogers

I remember on launch day of the zen+ here the 2700x was going for 60eur cheaper than it ever was then the prices went up and stayed there so it was better to buy at launch lol

David Jackson
David Jackson

aka dumb new money chink or nu-male onions guzzler who wants an EPIC PC BUILD despite knowing nothing about computers, same person who would buy an overpriced macbook except mildly more into tech

Attached: 2cdcea8a836ed5255f6ea8ebdbd3904f.png (11 KB, 610x168)

Christopher Perry
Christopher Perry

570 is fine for old games but it's not going to get you that going forward.

Evan Fisher
Evan Fisher

It is achievable if devs optimized their shit. Nu Doom and IdTech6/7 is an example of a well optimized engine that can easily hit 144fps while delivering good visuals. Too bad the game is shit.

Landon Evans
Landon Evans

I'll use that word next time. It wasn't obvious so I don't feel bad for not knowing it.
That exchange wasn't for nothing. Thanks.

Nicholas Scott
Nicholas Scott

That case is shit get this instead

pcpartpicker.com/product/Jjhj4D/phanteks-eclipse-p400-tempered-glass-atx-mid-tower-case-ph-ec416ptg_bk

Parker Turner
Parker Turner

I mean the term pertains more so to rappers than the chinese tbqh, the chinese are 100% the new bourgeoisie but it wouldn't be a stretch to apply it to whatever bearded, bald, glasses wearing cunt who makes way too much money developing ios apps and playing ass creed in every year that buys the latest and greatest hardware to flex on reddit despite being too scared to overlock lest he lose his warranty

Gavin Murphy
Gavin Murphy

GPU VR
seems like they do, thanks
because the PCB is so small the VRM is more prone to overheating, so if I ever feel like touching myself to 3dmark scores I'll need to keep an eye on VRM temps

Attached: 1504870991149.jpg (21 KB, 570x570)

Cooper Cook
Cooper Cook

My card has never reached above 70c so should be fine and that's with fans just ramping up to 52% when core reaches 55c.

Joseph Young
Joseph Young

Bought a 2080ti last week for my Zen2 build. No news on the horizon for a 2080 ti refresh.

Looks like that 2089ti refresh is happening. Consider me assblasted

Julian Hughes
Julian Hughes

Something like this.
pcpartpicker.com/list/H9fKfH

Ian Turner
Ian Turner

This is going to sound retarded, but what's the likelihood of Ryzen 3000 series All in One PC's?
I know there's a Dell Inspiron with a Ryzen 1700 & RX 580, but beyond that I can't seem to find any Ryzen All in One PC's at all.
Primarily for space savings, not too keen on having a tower.

Noah Allen
Noah Allen

They don't even come close to overheating even with a big overclock.

Easton Williams
Easton Williams

tfw no Mac Mini with i7 8809G

Christian Davis
Christian Davis

just build a micro atx pc or get a mid size case, don't have to get a fuck huge one if you don't want one. that's the joy of building a pc

Gavin Bennett
Gavin Bennett

I know I can do a SFF, or at least smaller than full ATX case, but I don't really care too much for having a tower is all.
I'm mainly interested in an AIO PC so it's cleaner.

Juan Kelly
Juan Kelly

still haven't given me a reason as to why you don't want to build a pc though

Benjamin Clark
Benjamin Clark

According to buildzoid max sane VRM temp on this PCB is ~100c.
The cooler on this is fucking OP for a Pulse card, holy shit.

Thomas Brooks
Thomas Brooks

just get a Mac you fucking faggot

James Hill
James Hill

It's big, heavy and bulky plus the fans are silent even at load. Go for it.

Landon Campbell
Landon Campbell

Primarily because I don't really want to build a computer. No other reason than that, really. I just want a comfy clean setup.
I could flip that argument and say you've not given me a reason to build a PC.
Part of the reasoning behind why I was looking at a Ryzen AIO was so I didn't have to sell my kidneys, one of my arms, and probably both of my legs to buy the iMac.

Noah Powell
Noah Powell

Better bang for the buck, 8700k or 9700k? Also is hyper-threading that important?

Charles Adams
Charles Adams

AIOs are built by a person too, except that person won't be as concerned and will overcharge for a couple hours of combining legos.

Caleb King
Caleb King

I did give you a reason though
If you're building it you can make it exactly how you want it and it's literally no work seeing as building a pc is just expensive lego now.
b-but that's a meme
Mate, once you've compiled the list of components you want/need, putting it all together takes 20 minutes and every single bit of the motherboard is labelled in caps along with having arrows and shit to guide you. Plus there's youtube and everything, not to mention you can build one for far cheaper than buying one.

Consider it.

Adam Lee
Adam Lee

Don't you have a relative you could ask for help? It could be a fun time and nowadays you can return literally any part you happen to break in some extremely unlikely event.

Hunter Miller
Hunter Miller

You're in a PC building thread why the fuck would you ask about buying a prebuilt desktop? No one here would want to do the research for you.

Attached: mono-aio-rear-side-large.jpg (335 KB, 3000x1433)

Samuel Harris
Samuel Harris

I'm aware that they're built by people. If I could find a custom AIO kit or something to that effect, I'd gladly build it myself.
I'm not afraid, or whatever you may think, of building a computer. I've done it before, and currently using a custom built computer to post with. That's not the issue. I'm mainly looking at keeping my setup nice and clean. I don't particularly care for having a plain black box or RGB shit pile.
I have zero reason to communicate with any relatives, especially about computers of all things.
I thought that, with a thread regarding computers in general, there was a chance someone would have any clue about a Zen2 AIO PC.

Austin Myers
Austin Myers

For gaming 3800x

Juan Howard
Juan Howard

just build a mini atx pc and mount it to the back of your monitor then mongoloid

Anthony James
Anthony James

So the 5700 is just a lower clocked (by bios) 5700xt? Do you think it's possible to OC it to the same levels and have almost identical performance?

James Sanchez
James Sanchez

almost certainly as is the case with pretty much every single gpu out there

Chase Brown
Chase Brown

If all you wanted to know is what upcoming desktop models will have the new ryzen chips, read a tech blog for announcements. This thread is for reacing parts. The PARTS are becoming available in the next months. I dont think anyone here knows about the desktop vendors. Try the thinkpad thread, I recall Lenovo is starting to use ryzen in their laptops.

Ethan Evans
Ethan Evans

pcpartpicker.com/list/cVr9V6

i9 9900K > i5 9400F
no need for 32 GB of RAM, you can upgrade in the future
RTX 2070 > RTX 2080
better case
better power supply
added 2 case fans. put them in the front and move the ones included with the case to the back and rear top slot
better monitor
you never want your monitor to be your bottleneck, so i picked you a well-received 1440p 165Hz g-sync monitor. this whole setup would work with a 2070 as well, if you want to save a penny

Jordan Moore
Jordan Moore

how does this do on 2018/2019 games? over 60fps on max settings? looking at the same build, maybe a 2600x instead

Zachary Gray
Zachary Gray

don't get the 2600, save the $50 and put that towards a good cpu cooler and you'll be to OC it further and easily

Gavin Rivera
Gavin Rivera

Would it be reasonable to say that a higher end gaming PC would make good for a high end video-editing/ animating one as well? I'm having a hard time finding the right hardware for artistic ventures (even contradicary points), but see a plethora of information on gaming PCs.

Kayden Morgan
Kayden Morgan

Are the RX 5700s going to be as embarrassing as the RVIIs?

Jordan Foster
Jordan Foster

no, they will be just ok

Oliver Edwards
Oliver Edwards

Not really

Attached: 1560205086482.png (1.63 MB, 2470x1265)

Logan Powell
Logan Powell

obviously but you may want intlel garbage because apparently adobe doesn't play nice with ryzen, do your own research beforehand though
a powerful GPU will 100% help no matter what though

Josiah Taylor
Josiah Taylor

Blops 3
Why not 4?

Adam Sanchez
Adam Sanchez

I get well over 60fps with max settings at every title of today.

Justin Davis
Justin Davis

Pointless to go over 240hz free/gsync anyway so CPU perf in games is largely moot these days especially with gpus being the main bottleneck
I doubt I'll have to upgrade from my 2700x for ages at 100fps
To answer your question 8700k delid

Dylan Clark
Dylan Clark

Wut are you talking about.

Nathaniel Ramirez
Nathaniel Ramirez

where did I lose you?

Bentley Lewis
Bentley Lewis

k, so now I'm on my 4k monitor and it's locked at 30fps
like... wth

John Carter
John Carter

not him but you lost me too, what CPU would I get instead of the 2600?
also unrelated but is the non-Pulse Vega 56 worth getting? does it make a big difference what brand it is?

Liam Nguyen
Liam Nguyen

It's about cooling and price.

Grayson Morales
Grayson Morales

what are you talking about
I said get the ryzen 2600 instead of the x variant because x = overclocked out of the box with a chunky cooler for $50 more but you can just overclock the regular 2600 yourself and get a much better cooler for the same price, just requires a tiny bit of work

also make sure you do your research on AIB cards and never buy a blower card unless you want to mod it yourself, I think the gigabyte vega is prone to dying whereas the sapphire one is pretty good outside of the cable being at the front of the card which triggers some RGB/cable management autism

Austin Young
Austin Young

Here the pulse is the most expensive. What does it mean?

Jayden Ramirez
Jayden Ramirez

look at the cooling it offers you dumb fuck, use some critical thinking

Owen Taylor
Owen Taylor

So you want to sell it because it costs more? Fuck off rabbi.

Andrew Peterson
Andrew Peterson

no, because it does a better job
cooler a pc component is the more power you can give it which makes it run better

Bentley Robinson
Bentley Robinson

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/yWDb7W
Ok, this is what i have so far. Need some input on basically everything, especially mainboard(<300) and gpu(<800). Prices in Euro. Target is 1440p/ultra/60fps+.
inb4 justwait

Lucas Turner
Lucas Turner

x = overclocked out of the box

Is that really the only difference between the X and non-X versions?

Leo Baker
Leo Baker

Not getting everything on mindfactory
Hallo Tim Jeremy Pascal

Jace Price
Jace Price

Meh, I bought my 1080ti last year in June or whatever when Nvidia literally said to the press"we have no plans for a new line of video cards" and like a month later they said fuck you here's a new line of video cards.

At least the 1080ti holds up real well and the price was at the lower end.

Grayson Collins
Grayson Collins

It's rather the binning.

what are you talking about
I said get the ryzen 2600 instead of the x variant
don't get the 2600, save the $50

Brandon Garcia
Brandon Garcia

I'm looking at this Zen 2 stuff, why are the 3700X and 3800X so similar but with a big jump in TDP and price?

What's missing?

Attached: Capture.png (34 KB, 629x295)

Jaxon Allen
Jaxon Allen

Higher base clock

Ethan Gomez
Ethan Gomez

Zen hits a very stiff voltage wall at a certain frequeency. Hence the lacklustre overclocking potential so far.

Tyler Torres
Tyler Torres

should I wait for the Ryzen 5 3600 and get it instead of the 2600X?
it seems slightly better and might even be cheaper

I'm thinking of going for a 1070 8GB and 2600X right now, for 1080p 60fps ultra or high if needed on modern and upcoming games
seems to reach over 60fps on the majority of games

gpucheck.com/gpu/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070/amd-ryzen-5-2600x/

Attached: a0.png (64 KB, 817x869)

Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

Daniel Anderson
Daniel Anderson

If you can wait, wait. Get a 1660Ti instead of a 1070. Same perf, newer

Jaxon Taylor
Jaxon Taylor

zdnet.com/article/rambleed-rowhammer-attack-can-now-steal-data-not-just-alter-it/
70% performance hit
Only Intel is affected
OH NO NO NO INTELBROS

Asher Murphy
Asher Murphy

Will RAM pricing stay low? Or will factories flood again?

Brody Gomez
Brody Gomez

I said get the ryzen 2600 instead of the x variant because x = overclocked out of the box with a chunky cooler for $50 more but you can just overclock the regular 2600 yourself and get a much better cooler for the same price, just requires a tiny bit of work
this is wrong on so many levels. you should get the better chip and the guaranteed better clocks before buying a better cooler and hoping to hit golden sample clocks UNLESS all you want is lower noise.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit