I don't give a shit anymore

sick of paying attention to whatever incremental update to hardware this quarter and you dorks sissy slapfighting about it. just went down the street, got a cheap optiplex from the tech recycler, and put in a low end gfx card for the few games i can still bear to waste my time playing. see ya later

Attached: Dell-Optiplex-7020-SFF-Front.jpg (1000x750, 69K)

b&r. im pretty close to buying an old thinkpad to browse and give up gaming and buying new hardware

Based and redpilled. Unless you play games or do something else that requires lots of processing power, you can just get a used business desktop or laptop. I have personally given up gaming and I don't really even miss it, there's like a thousand other things you can spend your time on.

I bought an old used Lenovo computer that has a processor that has similar benchmarks of a brand new processor that I wanted to buy at one point for around the same amount of money. I did have to buy an adapter for the power supply to use it with a more powerful power supply though.

I have been running the same R9 390 since 2015 and have encountered exactly zero games I can't run. It wouldn't surprise me if i don't upgrade until 2023. There's nothing out right now that's actually pushing hardware. Game companies are now more interested in mass appeal than pushing limits. If you don't give a shit about tweaking a setting 99% of people would never notice, then there is no need to upgrade right now. Even low teir SSD's make shit computers sell blazing fast. When did everything get so boring?

I bought a new CPU last year, Goethe first time in like six years, so it wouldn't bottleneck the GPU, and basically decided that would be the last part I buy. Bought a thinkpad, moved the desktop out to the living room, and have been done with that since.

Hopefully things will pick up again with the graphene meme, if that ever happens.

This. I use a Thinkpad X23 running OpenBSD.

But what if you want to play game here and there?

Same, MSI 390 8g. I've found that i can give the card +100mhz on stock voltage or +10mhz with -150mV and -80mV to the memory.

For some reason the fancurve editor in wattman seems to be borked though, only one fanstate that's not even correct. Might ddu today.

>buying a GPU
>opening a computer
>installing GPU
fuck off you retarded ricing gamer, real men who don't give a fuck and aren't manchildren just buy a prebuilt and never touch it enjoying the default experience you paid for for at least 5 years before even considering an upgrade

i had given up gaming for years but now i just want to play some Civ, and my computer can barely handle civ 6. i got it new like 5 years ago though

I'm an old man (37) I thought like you and did the same for the last ten years or so. Running old low powered reliable equipment with a focus on stability and zero or minimal gaming requirement.

It basically meant I stopped learning or being interested in technology and became a normie. I got into started weight training, got into sports, etc. I didn't even upgrade from Windows 7 let alone use an open source OS.

Now that I have had to upgrade I started doing research, got interested in running the latest games at max settings, it's got me back into technology.

PC Gaming forces you to learn about all aspects of technology and stay current, running a high spec physics simulation that makes use of low latency networking with the latest graphics processing technology and has significant mass media requirements, which is what modern gaming is forces you to have to understand all aspects of technology once you get into the details.

There isn't a more advanced technologically use of computing power than gaming and that's even compared to my career background in automated algorithmic and quantitative trading. We use what normies would consider the highest technological requirements and knowledge, yet from experience it doesn't hit the knowledge and requirements for gaming which includes all the knowledge and technology we used plus advanced graphical capabilities on top.

Attached: Cyberpunk-2077-Keanu-Reeves-E3.jpg-1200x675.jpg (1200x675, 89K)

Manchild

got em

Attached: 1505406016407.jpg (1024x732, 139K)

Everybody with a brain has an old business desktop or a cheap DIY desktop and a Thinkpad or Latitude. If one breaks, you buy another or get a new part.

>incremental update
I buy new rig every two years or so, not even top of the line, just high end.

Nice blog

>But what if you want to play game here and there?
grow up

this. got a 2015 thinkstation with peripherals for 300 eurobucks a few months ago and this machine will last me for 10+ years.

>I buy new rig every two years or so, not even top of the line, just high end.
this just shows you have no life. you spend more time reading about hardware than talking to girls and going out with your friends.

a real man buys a PC, and lets it do the work for him while he's being social and getting laid. when it breaks, he just buys another one. this happens every 5-10 years. he doesn't game. he just uses the PC to do tasks.

Great, now you’re officially graduated from Jow Forums.

I'm 40 y/o old boomer and still play BF4 now and then.

>you spend more time reading about hardware than talking to girls and going out with your friends.
This makes no sense. It doesn't take longer than 30 minutes to see what's new and worth buying or upgrading to. It's gamers who care about the smallest differences in framerate. Anyone with brain can just go through the spec sheets and pick what is worth without caring about benchmarks on gaymens.
Not the quoted user btw.

>I'm 40 y/o old boomer and still play BF4 now and then.
are you married?

>I stopped learning or being interested in technology
No, you stopped being interested in technology as a toy. And that's a good thing.
Researching toys for the purpose of entertainment is still playing with toys.

Good job op, tech is great but consumerism just sucks

>It doesn't take longer than 30 minutes to see what's new and worth buying or upgrading to
you know what I'm talking about. the guys who spend most of their time posting here, reading articles, arguing about hardware. they have some kind of job but they don't have a life. they go to work, come back, read about hardware, go to sleep and do it all over again. they have no friends, no girl, just their time spent sitting at the computer reading about what shit to buy and talking about it with other friendless losers. it all adds up over time.

40 is Gen X dude.

My whole system is from 2013 or something. Can't run the newest tripleA bullshit on high settings, but who wants to play that soulless crap anyways? I mostly play roguelikes and other simple shit that's actually fun when I want to play games anyways. It's not like I can't afford to buy a new system, but every time I'm thinking about it I'm left with the question... why?

Nope but have gf of 10 years, we live separated but only few streets away from each other.

I don't believe in marriage, find it relic of some past times. Also prefer living alone, it's much healthier for relationship, I never ever had a fight with gf.

then you're ok. if you game and don't have a gf or wife then you're wasting your life. the happiest guys I know are married men who get their games in between being social or productive.

>I use a Thinkpad X23 running OpenBSD

Attached: gigachad.jpg (1068x601, 65K)

Fair enough.

>sissy slapfighting
Could we elaborate on this part? Asking for a friend. ;)